The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default The Minecraft thread



Back in October this game became an obsession of mine. I have managed to control my cravings for it a bit better in recent times, however you never actually stop playing Minecraft-- you simply take breaks.

So, do we have any other block miners here? If so, feel free to share your adventures and creations, or discuss any Minecraft related news.

Here's a gallion I built a while ago:



And here's an older picture of my castle / fort / tower, as seen from the crow's nest:


Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Heisenberg
I Am The Danger
 
Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,382
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I was massively addicted to this last month, but my computer died and my laptop produces nothing but lag when I play. New PC coming, have a feeling I'll be booting this back up. It's a perplexing game as I have no idea why I enjoy playing it so much, but I do

Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?
 
Isildurīs Heir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 18,656
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I donīt get the fascination with Minecraft.
Well, i do, but....
Iīm glad itīs a hit among PC gamers, itīs great for the indie community, but i rather have a game in the likes of Little Big Planet, where you actulally make games, than just make......stuff.

But one thing i can say, anyone that say that doesnīt like Minecraft because of the graphics should have his/her gaming license revoked.
Graphics arenīt everything.

__________________
Mario can never keep track of his woman. Sheīs always getting kidnapped and he is always showing up in the wrong castle, someone needs to throw a GPS tracking bracelet on that b**ch.
Isildurīs Heir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #4
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread




Documentary.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/do...necraft/710787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
I donīt get the fascination with Minecraft.
Well, i do, but....
Iīm glad itīs a hit among PC gamers, itīs great for the indie community, but i rather have a game in the likes of Little Big Planet, where you actulally make games, than just make......stuff.
This is something that's kind of annoyed me.
Almost every pc game for more than a decade has given players the ability to create games on a par with retail games. Littlebigplanets tools are still amature by comparison and no were near as open ended. How many Counterstrikes, Team Fortress's or dota level of content will be made? None. Most of the games shipping with the tools to give players the ability to create new content along with great single player and great multiplayer experiences. This game gets way, way too much credit imo. The only reason it's really getting the credit is accessibility. Everything has already been done and done better. Also while littlebigplanet may allow for diffrent types of tools, littlebigplanet can't really match the scale of minecraft, looking at it now, can any game? It's almost limitless. You could theatrically build a replica of scale per scale planet earth several times over.

I think it's fantastic that this game is succesful, gaming getting more and more like dumb Hollywood movies being shoved out the door. Rather than getting a great idea and saying "I want to do this" they are looking at games making the most money and saying "let's do that". Sucks. They should all burn, forever.


Last edited by Why Are You Crouching Spock?; 02-22-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?
 
Isildurīs Heir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 18,656
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

One thing we can both agree, LittleBigPlanet is extremely overrated, iīve been saying this since it came out.
The greatest thing about it, like you say, itīs accessibility.
But i like i explained, i prefer LBP or alike because you actually make a game, when in Minecraft you mainly do...stuff.
Sure, you can make anything you want, but, whatīs the point?
I understand why people love it, and iīm glad they do, but, to me, i canīt see what all the fuss is about.

Sure, if i try it out, maybe i will love it to death, but, so far, i have no interest in trying it out.

__________________
Mario can never keep track of his woman. Sheīs always getting kidnapped and he is always showing up in the wrong castle, someone needs to throw a GPS tracking bracelet on that b**ch.
Isildurīs Heir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

These have almost got me to buy the game. But I know if I do, I may never see daylight again.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/...aft-is-awesome
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/...ur--spawn-city
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/...-tour-old-port

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 37,973
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I'm addicted to some play-throughs of this game and it just looks like a fun "time-wasting" game that can be productive.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
One thing we can both agree, LittleBigPlanet is extremely overrated, iīve been saying this since it came out.
The greatest thing about it, like you say, itīs accessibility.
But i like i explained, i prefer LBP or alike because you actually make a game, when in Minecraft you mainly do...stuff.
Sure, you can make anything you want, but, whatīs the point?
I understand why people love it, and iīm glad they do, but, to me, i canīt see what all the fuss is about.

Sure, if i try it out, maybe i will love it to death, but, so far, i have no interest in trying it out.
I prefer Garrys Mod, it's alot of fun.

You can import stuff from other games from it's huge database to fart around with

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:





Or mess around with it like a toy, as you would with minecraft, but alot more in deph, like this fellows amazing feat of wasting time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


To me this is the game that deserves more recognition than either.


Last edited by Why Are You Crouching Spock?; 03-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick
 
Bat-Mite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

That is quite impressive, but a lot of Minecraft's allure comes from its simplicity and old school graphics. Those who are in love with Minecraft might not find Garry's Mod to be their cup of tea for that very reason.

Bat-Mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I'm surprised there's already a thread on this.

I'm an AVID fan of this game! I've been playing since October '10 and love Survival. I typically play on peaceful just because I like to experiment with building. I love watching Lets Plays too! They're almost addicting as the game itself. SeaNanners is the best, granted he hasn't really paid anymore attention to it.

Speaking of the game, I just downloaded three mods. SMK's Guns, Humans+ (which I'm not too fond of), and an inventory editor. It's a blast!

I'm also looking for someone to start a Lets Play! with, so if you're interested and aren't a total poop-head, send me a PM silly!

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I've been playing around with running a minecraft server a little. I'm gonna try really playing around with it this weekend.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

is it creative or survival?

Oh and, you know you suck at shooting when you miss a Creeper with a laser-guided rocket.

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Heisenberg
I Am The Danger
 
Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,382
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Well, I attempted to access the nether earlier today with my flint and steel, lagged and hit the wooden floor to my tree-top wooden base area. Agony ensued.

Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Hahahaha. I hate tree houses so much.

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks View Post
is it creative or survival?

Oh and, you know you suck at shooting when you miss a Creeper with a laser-guided rocket.
Heh. I literally played with it for about five minutes. Just long enough to get it running and make sure I could get it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I wanna play too!

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

The Video Games Awesome team (who got me into Minecraft) are about to have a live show. http://www.videogamesawesome.com/web/Video_Games_AWESOME!/justin.html

And they had this pic up.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Wow, one guy built a recreation of the town from Red Dead Redemption.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #19
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
videogamesawesome.com/web/Video_Games_AWESOME!/justin.html[/URL]

And they had this pic up.
Speaking of 88 mph and Minecraft, there's a mod you can add that requires you to craft a flux capacitor and stick it in a minecart, you ride the minecart and once you hit 88 mph, you're sent back to the Jurassic period with dinosaurs.

The dinosaurs don't have any textures, but it's still pretty cool.

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #20
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Just got around to watching the rest of the Old West live show. Died laughing when they got to the graveyard.


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #21
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,565
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Does anyone here watch the Yogcast? I love it!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic shaxper View Post
i will f art you until your death!
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

http://www.videogamesawesome.com/web/Video_Games_AWESOME!/justin.html

The Video Games Awesome team is doing another live stream. This time the challenge was to build an Asian themed area.

They're currently having a Mortal Kombat tournament.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #23
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread



They did an awesome reveal.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Well, after a bunch of lag issues, the VGA team is doing their underwater city reveal.

Including a huge Cthulu!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #25
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Dammit. I didn't get the tweet and missed a good chunk of today's live show.

This time they're having an actual mortal combat tournament. Complete with Fatalities.

http://www.videogamesawesome.com/web/Video_Games_AWESOME!/justin.html

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.