The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #26
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 32,256
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I cannot wait for the next update! Rain, snow, OFFICIAL BOOSTERS FOR MINETRACKS THAT AREN'T THOSE TERRIBLE COAL-POWERED ONES.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
SWAT
Pool of the Death
 
SWAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Norway.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

So, I bought it... So, I'm able to hit sheeps, steal their wool, cut leaves and die! and that's about it.

__________________
Philip Winchester as The Punisher
-If You Fall, I'll Catch You Softly In My Arms.
If Your Lost, I'll Lead You Far Away From Harm.
Never Run, Turn Around And Face The One's Who Push You Out.
Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,345
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

So maybe you should start building stuff.

A crafting table would be nice. Then a pickaxe would be good, so you can then build furnace. After that, the sky's pretty much the limit.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #29
SWAT
Pool of the Death
 
SWAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Norway.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Can you build stuff with wool? Cause that's the only thing I can mine.

__________________
Philip Winchester as The Punisher
-If You Fall, I'll Catch You Softly In My Arms.
If Your Lost, I'll Lead You Far Away From Harm.
Never Run, Turn Around And Face The One's Who Push You Out.
Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #30
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 32,256
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

punches trees, get wood.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

You can make a bed with wool too!

Did you find a wolf for a pet yet?

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #32
SWAT
Pool of the Death
 
SWAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Norway.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks View Post
punches trees, get wood.
punches trees for many minutes, no wood, just boredom.

__________________
Philip Winchester as The Punisher
-If You Fall, I'll Catch You Softly In My Arms.
If Your Lost, I'll Lead You Far Away From Harm.
Never Run, Turn Around And Face The One's Who Push You Out.
Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #33
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 32,256
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

How did you not get wood?!

You're the worst Minecraft player ever!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #34
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,345
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Yeah. You punch a wood block and you'll eventually get it. It doesn't take long (it's not a one punch thing). Even I figured that out without having to check on the web to see how to do some of the crafting recipes.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #35
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano
 
PSYLENTGuardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Specific Rim
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I haven't played Minecraft in a long time! I still need to build the replica of my school

__________________
"Soon, everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world.
A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man.
They will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro."

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #36
Paroxysm
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: The Minecraft thread


Paroxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 32,256
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

yes!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #38
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,205
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I just tried this thing for the first time and I dont get it

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #39
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 32,256
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

learn2google

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #40
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,345
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

The Video Games Awesome team is having a live reveal of their Future (sci-fi) build today at 3pst.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #41
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I read this is now up to 10 million users with 2 million or so bought.
I think that's a wonderful sign. Games are becoming more and more like Summar Michael Bay movoes that must be like other currently succesful games in order to be successful itself. This generally leads to uninspired dumbed down dribble that should be killed with fire. Pretty much 1 guy with an idea and word of mouth made this game what it is.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #42
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,025
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Multiplatform since this is going to the XBOX 360 ?

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #43
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,143
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

If you buy the Humble Indie Bundle 3, you can play this for free until August 21.

At first, I had no clue what to do. Then my friend who plays a lot helped me get started with building essential items. I spent about 4 hours tonight building my house (first of dirt, then wood planks), then a secret tunnel under it with 2 trapdoors leading out.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #44
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano
 
PSYLENTGuardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Specific Rim
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Are You Crouching Spock? View Post
I read this is now up to 10 million users with 2 million or so bought.
I think that's a wonderful sign. Games are becoming more and more like Summar Michael Bay movoes that must be like other currently succesful games in order to be successful itself. This generally leads to uninspired dumbed down dribble that should be killed with fire. Pretty much 1 guy with an idea and word of mouth made this game what it is.
Minecraft is really just the sleeper indie hit in the midst of the huge players in the business.

__________________
"Soon, everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world.
A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man.
They will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro."

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #45
Neverless
Tv Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 282
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
The Tv Enthusiast - http://www.youtube.com/user/TvEnthusiasts?feature=mhum
Neverless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,345
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I really need to start playing Minecraft again.

But ever since TF2 became free, I suddenly find all my free gaming time disappearing

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #47
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,143
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

This weekend, you'll get a free gift code when you buy Minecraft.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #48
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back
 
Microchip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
punches trees for many minutes, no wood, just boredom.
You DO realize you need to hold down punch right? Not repeatedly click?

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #49
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Minecraft is pretty hardcore stuff.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #50
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Apparently after the minecon (not to be mistaken with Mein Kampf) interview with the yogcast Notch went onto twitter declairing they were jerks.

http://n4g.com/news/891695/notch-vs-...ppened-gotgame

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.