The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #51
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,525
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Looking forward to trying this on XBLA.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #52
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

If those tweets are true, then they do sound like jerks.

The Video Game Awesome crew has done more to get me hyped about Minecraft then those guys. Hell, VGA is the reason I bought Minecraft. I've never even heard of these people before.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #53
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Everytime I visit youtube they are on the front page everytime with millions of views. It seems like it's been that way for well over a year now.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #54
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,115
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

The other day I read about FlowerChild (the guy who made the big BetterThanWolves mod) got in an argument about how he wouldn't let them put BTW in Yogbox (mod collection to download).

I read some of FlowerChild's past posts where he says he'll ban anyone who simply asks about updates to BTW. I think he's an immature dick. But maybe he was right to be an ******* to these guys.

I don't get why people who contribute to a game seem to be such jackasses. FlowerChild is an ******* with no self-control and lets every little thing bother him, these guys seem like *******s, there's a guy on YouTube who makes some videos on League of Legends and he acts like an ******* at times, too.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #55
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Because nerds and geeks, who are usually the programmers of these types are things, are anal and refuse to believe that their code can have bugs and their work isn't God's gift to the computer world. Any criticism is taken as a personal assault, despite the fact that if they find a bug in their own code, they take great pride in fixing it and announcing how great they are in making the fix (while ignoring the fact they built the bug in the first place).

Which reminds me of a lot of comic book fans.


Then there are programmers like me who also believe our code is God's gift to the world, but we'll own up to a bug and feedback because it makes our code, and thereby ourselves, even better than everyone else's code, and thereby better than them personally.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #56
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Heres some more info if you enjoy the dramas.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...necon-forever/

http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...-and-y/1262843

The thin fellow with the shades does come across as pretty arrogant.


Last edited by Why Are You Crouching Spock?; 11-23-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #57
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

This is the minecon panal video, which shows part of them acting up, it's about an hour long.
I might watch it later tonight out of interest.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #58
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,917
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Those guys are annoying.

The Creatures are my favorite to watch (Nova, Seamus, and sp00n mainly) playing MC. Notable mention to Seananners and Captain Sparklez although I don't really watch their stuff but I like how they don't start any BS drama. They're all on the front page frequently too but its never got to their head. Not once. That's what I like about them.

Plus Yogcast worst crime is that they aren't funny at all. I've heard better jokes from a 90 year old man. Not kidding either.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB

Last edited by craigdbfan; 11-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #59
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I agree. They sound kind of campy and look geeky, I think that probably appeals to alot of people. The thin fellow on stage seemed to have an arrogant belittling cynicism about him. Maybe it's his true colors. Maybe he's a closet racist. Personally, I like Total Biscut, I think most of his opinions and commentary are better than the gaming websites. He also actively advertises indie games that major websites over-look in favor of generic coke can production line games. Generally if he does do a WTF on them he is honest and doesn't hold back.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #60
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,917
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I agree with all of that. I like TotalBiscut he's pretty funny.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #61
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Full statement and video

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/co...s_twitterings/

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #62
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,917
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

They can "let him off"? The creator of the ****ing game?

Who the hell went and made them gods of Minecraft. Yeah I can happily say I've never watched a single MC video of theirs. I found out about this beef when someone retweeted it to Nova and he just said "I don't care about that kind of stuff".

Wise words because these guys are a bunch of pompous clowns.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #63
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate
 
Mike_D202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 6,668
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I downloaded the game yesterday morning to check it out. Honestly at first it just didn't seem appealing to me at all. Build things? 8-bit? What's with all the hype?!

Then I started playing. I played for 4 hours straight and couldn't stop. It's like an MMO but your the only one playing LOL. I built a home on the side of a mountain and made a wheat farm across from my cobblestone bridge I made that leads to my home. This game needs to be an MMO, all this work and the only person that's gonna be able to see what you've built is you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
So did I miss any meltdowns today?

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #64
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,917
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

You should play the custom adventure/parkour maps. They're incredibly fun.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #65
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I tried Minecraft for the first time yesterday at a friend's house on the Xbox. We played split-screen, and it was a lot of fun. I think having my friend there to show me the ropes was probably better than leaping in by myself, because I had very little idea about the game -I didn't even know about night time and monsters- I would have undoubtedly died in single player quite quickly.

It didn't take me long to become incredibly impressed. Once my 360 is fixed I'll definitely be buying a copy. After I left my friend's house I kept thinking about it, about what I wanted to build and how I wanted to improve the things I'd already built, a sure sign I wanted the game.

Split-screen is very welcome, it's cool to work together or off doing your own thing. There's a lot to like about the entire game.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #66
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate
 
Mike_D202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 6,668
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Oohhh I completely forgot is was coming out for XBLA.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
So did I miss any meltdowns today?

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #67
AvengersFangirl
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Can't wait for the next update. Ender Chests and Tripwire are the best.

AvengersFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #68
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 858
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengersFangirl View Post
Can't wait for the next update. Ender Chests and Tripwire are the best.
You know, I'm starting to wonder about Mojang and Minecraft now... when are they going to stop updating the game and call the project completely finished? I don't want them to stop at all (I've become somewhat re-addicted in the past few weeks actually ) but I don't see what their motivation for continued updates is at this point. All the people who wanted the game have bought it or are intending to buy it (or have pirated it :/) so it's not like they need new content to attract new players.

I guess they'll go until they get bored but I feel like that's a waste of resources for them since they seem to be trying to get to the level of legit video game company now.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #69
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Minecraft isn't really a game (even thought they did add an ending). So it never needs to stop being updated.

Besides, they need to keep fans happy and coming back while they work on their next game.

Honestly, I haven't played Minecraft in months now.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #70
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

There's an ending?

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Sorta.

If you defeat an Enderdragon, it will leave behind a portal which takes you to a test scrolling cutscene. Then you'll appear back at your spawn point and can keep playing.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #72
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

Oh, that's cool!

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #73
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I just bought it. Can't wait to play multiplayer! Creepers gotta creep!

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #74
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I am so addicted to this game. I bought it on xbox too because I think the quality is much better. I have the cosiest little house.

Do you guys play Tekkit too? My friends are raving about it. Basically for those who don't know Tekkit is an add on for Minecraft that gives you better technology like nuclear reactors and things.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #75
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,843
Default Re: The Minecraft thread

I mostly play alone on Hardcore. cuz im a BAMF like that. there are tons of cool mods man.

I personally can't play without John Smith's HD texture pack and the Water Shader mod. I also really like Dynamic Lights mod. google any of those to find them.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.