The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #26
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

There is a war on the horizon. I can feel it.

The Speed Force. I can feel it fluctuating the longer Savitar runs rampant on this plane. My guess is that he can tap into it's power and is sucking it dry. For what purpose, I have no idea. But I have to stop him before something happens and it's too late.

"Wallydon'tyouthinkyoushouldtakeabreak?"

"You'rerunningyourselfraggedman..."

"I'mfineIjustneedtofindSavitarbeforehecanhurtanyon eelse!"

Zoom and Jay then screeched to a stop, and before I got too far past them I followed suit.

"Wally, come on. You've been at this for a week straight. I know it's hard since you're a Flash and all but you need to slow down."

"He's right. Besides, me and Jay are very much capable of finding him ourselves. And the minute we see him..."

"We'll call you right away."

They're right. Man I can't even remember the last time I spent time with Linda and the kids. I've been so busy trying to find Savitar that I've been neglecting them.

"Go spend time with your family, Wally. We'll handle this."

"Okay. But you call me the minute you find him," I said as I turned away from them and looked onward towards home. "This is MY fight..."

The run home was about two seconds, but time stopped as I came through the door.

"No..."

Because no one was home...

"Savitar..." I murmured as I clenched my fists.

He has them. He kidnapped my family. He's gone after the people I care about more than anything and lord knows what he's going to do with them...

I pulled out my communicator and directly patched through to Jay and Hunter.

"Jay. Hunter. It's Wally. Savitar... He took Linda and the kids!"

TO BE CONTINUED

in

WAR OF THE SPEEDSTERS

Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

"I could ask mother for help."

It was the only thing the boy said. He wasn't sure that he believed Jason's fear that the Batman was coming. If he was, it wouldn't be for Damian. But if they wanted to escape the Batman... the League of Assassins made a career out of escaping the Batman.

And mother knew just how to handle father.

Damian was proof enough of that.
Jason Todd- 'Deadline'
------------------------
Finally started to calm down and take a breather. The kid tries to offer help after I just flipped out on him. I don't even understand it but I cannot understand my own feelings I've started to develop for him myself.

What an odd duo we make.

I choose to ignore the kid's comment for a moment, taking a look at my kevlar bi-weave suit one more time. I was being too modest with myself. There's no point in wearing this. And my protective helmet? The front of it is too scratched for me to see through the damn thing. I'm still recovering from injury, and my protective gear was torn through like paper by zombie-like creatures. And Bruce could be here any moment.

That's when I decide to think about the kid's comment. But that's also when I wonder if all this fear is bringing me to the brink of delusion. Turn to his mother and the League of Assassins? I don't believe that she will treat me too well since I have a hand in keeping her little boy away from her.

Funny, the only kid that is actually Bruce's and he is the only one he has taken under his wing that didn't fall into his lap.

"There won't be any running to mami on this, kid. Not enough time if I was even crazy enough to consider it."

I start to suit up with what I've got on me. I've got a few batarangs with me but as for gadgets that's all. Lost my damn kris knife during the scruffle with those monsters and no sets of grenades even. Cannot set a trap for Bruce even he is just going to waltz out that door.

**** it.

"Your...dad is on the way, Damian. Pissed off and looking for a fight. As you can see...I've got nothing. All of my stuff blew-up with the rest of my loft when those zombie freaks attacked us."

I'm going to greet him outside then. I'll wait for him and I'm going to keep a smile on my face as I do it. I won't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he's instilled me with fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Alfred reels off the location and I hit the brakes in the batmobile, cut the wheel, and take off in the opposite direction. I've found Jason's hideaway. It takes me ten minutes to reach the location. The batmobile comes to a stop and I leap out. I shoot a grapnel line into the air and zip to the roof of the building.

I'm here, Jason.

Just like you wanted it.
"So hows about you and me head upstairs and wait on the roof for daddy dearest?"

Damian just nods, giving me a half-thought out response. The kid has had more on his mind in the past few minutes than he has ever since I first took him under my wing. I put on my sweater, grabbing hold of my trenchcoat, and wait for Damien to grab his things.

This is it.

Three things are possible to happen for me right now. One is that I face Bruce and kill him, fulfilling my part of the deal with Darkseid and I walk away a free man no longer bound by favors. Another is that I fail to kill Bruce, and make it away alive and then Darkseid hunts me down and kills me himself. The last...is that Bruce takes me down. If he controls his rage and doesn't kill me, there's not a place he can keep me safe away from Darkseid's clutches so I'm still a dead man.

Three outcomes. One pretty and the other two aren't.

The odds are against me.

Story of my life.

We make it to the roof stairs and I stop before grabbing hold of the door handle. I don't even turn around to look at Damian in the eye. Probably best I don't if he takes me offer.

"When he gets here. If you decide to jet, kid...I'll understand. Hell, if you want to turn around back down those stairs and starting running now...I won't stop you."

I then proceed to open the door. And what do I see before through the endless storm of rain?

The door closes behind me and I didn't close it. That means that Damian decided to stay after all. Looks like the kid has my back after all. Or, maybe he is going to be crawling back to daddy. Cannot think about that right now. This whole thing with Damian started out because I wanted to use him to get to Bruce. To get his attention and torment him all along.

I ****ed up and ended up caring about the kid like a little brother. The other 'black sheep' of the messed up Batman Family. Didn't plan on it, but that's all aside for now. I'm not even sure I can win right now the condition I'm in. Doesn't matter I need to suck it up. The time is now.

Gotta hide the fear as I'm witnessing a look I don't think Bruce even ever gave The Joker right now. But I do what I think the Joker would do to him if he ever gave him such a look.

I give him the biggest ****ing smile he has ever seen.

"You made it here a bit faster than I thought you would. Gotta understand my perspective here because it isn't like you to be on time so why would I think you'd be early? After all you let me die once, Bruce. So...how is it going to be this time around?"

Last edited by trustyside-kick; 01-13-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
"You made it here a bit faster than I thought you would. Gotta understand my perspective here because it isn't like you to be on time so why would I think you'd be early? After all you let me die once, Bruce. So...how is it going to be this time around?"
I remain calm as I look Jason over. He's injured, the shoulder by the way he holds himself. Little or no bulk beneath the coat. Injured, no protection, weapons or gadgets. I wouldn't put it past him to be rigged with a booby-trap, or even have the building rigged to blow. He did the same thing a few years ago with Dick and Tim. It was that fight that rendered him brain damaged. To be honest, I'm still not sure how Jason recovered.

"One final warning, Jason. Drop this insanity now."

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #29
SuperFerret
This guy

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Two: Some Pig

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

“Greetings Circe.”

"Good day, Ape Lord." The purple-haired sorceress replied, bowing low in deference to me. Despite her outward display of respectfulness, dishonesty emanated from her like a vile stench. Of course, I return her bow myself and smile, putting on a show of my own. After all, among those of us dubbed "supervillains" by the human world at large, it is an inevitability that any so-called "team-ups" will end in betrayal. I am positive that she believes that she is using me to fulfill her goals as much as I am actually using her to fulfill mine.

I merely plan on pulling the proverbial trigger first.

"Good day indeed, my dear, as the first portion of the first phase of our plan is already under way. We will be leaving within the hour to enact the second portion." I pause momentarily, eyeing Circe, "Did you bring one?"

"Yes." She tugs on a chain held in her left hand, prompting a grotesque creature to take a few shuffling steps forward.

"Fascinating," I whisper, approaching the thing, "truly fascinating." The horrid, yet intriguing specimen appeared to be half-swine, half-human, as well as completely mindless. It existed solely as an extension of Circe's will.

"He made a lewd comment at me while I was at the mall in Los Angeles," the witch explained, "so I found it fitting to transform him into the pig he really is." As she speaks, I retrieve a revolver-like pistol, specifically designed for a gorilla.

"The mall?" I ask, shooting the porcine man through the face and tossing the pistol casually onto my seat as the corpse collapses, "Seems unlike you."

"An enchantress must keep up with fashion." She shrugs.

"Perhaps." I motion for my guards to remove the body and clean the mess. "They'll take it to my scientists for necropsy. I want to see exactly how human these 'Bestiamorphs' of yours are."

"Do what you will Grodd," the witch waves her hand dismissively, " I can always make more."

"I always do what I will, sorceress. Do NOT forget it." I turn to leave, giving a final word before walking away from my guest and new partner.

"I hope you've dressed warmly. We're making a house call and it's going to be cold."

Last edited by SuperFerret; 01-17-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #30
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

Quote:
[COLOR=#ff0000]"Your...dad is on the way, Damian. Pissed off and looking for a fight. As you can see...I've got nothing. All of my stuff blew-up with the rest of my loft when those zombie freaks attacked us."
Nothing.

What an apt word to describe the world, or rather what Damian felt of his place in it. The son of a billionaire who'd only learned his name about a month ago. And this was the man whom Jason feared would come? The one who'd waited ten years to make himself part of Damian's life? And then only because of some moral compulsion, just another part of that compulsion to dress like a bat and swing from rooftops? Had that been what it was all about?

Quote:
"When he gets here. If you decide to jet, kid...I'll understand. Hell, if you want to turn around back down those stairs and starting running now...I won't stop you."
As though Damian could have turned back now.

Turn back to what? An empty home? Wayne Manor was nothing but a shell, the illusion of the Batman's secret life as Bruce Wayne. There was no father waiting for him there.

So what then? The League of Assassins? Another empty life, waited upon by servants as his mother traveled the world unfettered by the weight of a child?

No matter which side of the custody battle he fell on, the result was the same.

Unloved.

Unwanted.

Alone.

Quote:
"One final warning, Jason. Drop this insanity now."
And so Jason's fears had materialized after all. Funny, after all that time spent waiting in false hope that the Batman would swoop in to save him, now that the Batman was here Damian found himself wishing that the argument in the Batcave had been the last time he'd laid eyes on his father. He looked now as he did then. Stern. Uncompromising. Angry.

The boy shot out from behind Jason like a shot from a gun, snaking low across the roof as he came at the Batman with everything that he had. A batarang held between the fingers of either fist, the child wielded the sharpened edges as claws as he went directly for his father's throat. And as the Batman moved, so did Damian.

The boy was dangerously fast, and far more agile than his old man. And Damian made use of both of those advantages, pressing in so close to the Batman that no matter what his father did, it left no quarter between them. Father blocked and dodged, even striking out with a few light punches - deliberate moves made with the intent that Damian would dodge them and so permit space to form between them - but Damian took the hits and kept pressing the attack. Despite the gargantuan effort by the boy, only a spattering of Damian's attacks ever landing even a glancing blow on the Batman.

But even in a glancing blow, the message was clear. Damian was serious. And he was holding nothing back.

"Not even going to say 'hello', father?" the boy seethed, the anger biting at the words as the sarcasm dripped heavily.

Currently into: Journey Into Mystery, Batman & Robin, Nightwing
Old 01-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #31
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
The boy shot out from behind Jason like a shot from a gun, snaking low across the roof as he came at the Batman with everything that he had. A batarang held between the fingers of either fist, the child wielded the sharpened edges as claws as he went directly for his father's throat. And as the Batman moved, so did Damian.

The boy was dangerously fast, and far more agile than his old man. And Damian made use of both of those advantages, pressing in so close to the Batman that no matter what his father did, it left no quarter between them. Father blocked and dodged, even striking out with a few light punches - deliberate moves made with the intent that Damian would dodge them and so permit space to form between them - but Damian took the hits and kept pressing the attack. Despite the gargantuan effort by the boy, only a spattering of Damian's attacks ever landing even a glancing blow on the Batman.

But even in a glancing blow, the message was clear. Damian was serious. And he was holding nothing back.

"Not even going to say 'hello', father?" the boy seethed, the anger biting at the words as the sarcasm dripped heavily.
I step back and block Damian's strikes as fast as I can. He gets in a few hits, but his speed more than makes up for his lack of strength. He's as fast as Dick was when he was that age, and even more effective. The teachings of the best assassins in the world is coming out in his swift and agile attacks. He tries to inflict pain even with his words. The chip that's on his shoulder must have grown tenfold after being corrupted by Jason's words. That chip and explosive temper can be used to my advantage.

"You're good, Damian, I'll give you that," I grunt as I step back and absorb a kick with my gauntlet. I move swiftly while his leg is still in the air, grabbing him by the ankle and jerking Damian up in the air. "But I expected more from you. You must not be your father's son after all."

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

OOC: Previously...

Poseidonis, Atlantica
The Royal Courtyard

Before the Marine Marvel's are two things. One is his longtime teammate of the Justice League of America as well as a longtime friend. The other is a villain so vile and powerful that years ago when he last came to Earth J'onn J'onnz had to do the unthinkable when it comes to the abilities of the Martian Men of Mars. Not only is Despero a powerful telepath but he has the strength that rivals any of the heavy hitters of the League.

Out of pure instinct, before choosing to free J'onn, Aquaman reaches down to his belt-buckle JLA Comm to try to contact the rest of the Justice League.

"Ah ah ah, Earthling."

With his third eye, the gargantuan villain sends a psi-blasts that hits Aquaman's belt-buckle, destroying the Comm device inside. Telepathically, Despero enters his thoughts into the Aquatic Ace's mind.

If I wanted a re-union with the entire gang, I would have attacked J'onn when he was at base. As I told you this is personal, Aquaman, and I intend to get even.

"AAAARRR!"

"If you think I am going to run in fear, Despero, you are sorely mistaken. League or no League, J'onn and I are taking you down."

Tackling at the villain shoulder first, Orin is able to knock him back and free J'onn from Despero's harsh grip. Recovering quickly from Aquaman's attack, Despero claws at him, slashing right across his leg and chest with a follow-up attack. Still recovering from the tormenting attack Despero was doing physically and mentally to himself, the Martian Manhunter tries to get a hold of himself. The former Sea King manages to get the upper hand finally, uppercutting and sending the villain upward towards the surface of the ocean.

Quickly the Marine Marvel moves towards his ally.

"J'onn."

"Ugh...A-Arthur..."

"I need you to telepathically contact the League! I'm going to be using all my power to shield myself from any psychic assault that should come from Despero. I'll give you the time you need to recover and make it happen."

Springing back into action, Aquaman shoots through the water heading for the surface of the waves. Spotting that Despero hovers just several feet above the water, Orin readies an attack from below and bursts through the ocean waves up at Despero. However, the cunning villain has a psi-blast ready and waiting for him.

"RRRAA!"

The point-blank range blast sends Aquaman soaring through the skies knocking him inland at a unfinished construction site. The telepathic villain floats majestically over the site, chuckling and smiling with glee as he telepathically tries to scan and locate Orin.

"Hahaha. You are quite the formidable psychic foe. But you are nothing compared to me. Sooner or later your will wane and your psychic defenses will falter. You shall succumb to the power of Despero."

The Marine Marvel is cunning and agile as he makes it through the construction site undetected and hidden. He is both trying to buy time for himself and J'onn. His only hope is that the time he gives the Martian Manhunter is enough to regain the mindset to send out such a large telepathic message to whatever JLA members that are available.

And the Aquatic Ace has found a way to strike at Despero from surprise, simply waiting for the opportune moment as he grips onto a piece of steel rebar in his hands.

"This is not very Kingly of you. To run and hide from a fight. Perhaps this is why you no longer wear the Crown? Why you no longer sit upon a throne, with servants beckoning to your call and--"

"That's funny, Despero..."

"AHNNN!"

"Because I recall that you were once a Tyrant who lost power. And you try to mock me? I handed down the Crown to a worthy successor. You are going to have to do more than try to attack me with words, Despero."

The villain laughs obnoxiously as he pulls out the steel rebar, hurling it at Aquaman who dodges it with elegant ease.

"Oh, I can do so much more than that."

"That remains to be seen."

The two dash at each other, both seething with a common trait in being relentless as they continue to clash.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #33
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
"You're good, Damian, I'll give you that," I grunt as I step back and absorb a kick with my gauntlet. I move swiftly while his leg is still in the air, grabbing him by the ankle and jerking Damian up in the air. "But I expected more from you. You must not be your father's son after all."
Jason Todd- 'Deadline'
------------------------
I'm blown away that the kid went after Bruce like that. Figured with him making the phone call--even though the twerp clearly is in the dark and confused about what he actually wants right now--that when he saw Bruce he'd go back to him. Sure, I didn't figure that it would be some sort of Hallmark moment or even a pat on the head he'd get from Bruce but I expected something way different than what happened.

The kid's...fighting for himself. Fighting for me.

Maybe I rubbed off on him after all. And there goes Bruce, trying to play the psychological warfare with his own damn child to win the fight.

Makes me f****ing sick.

I enter the fray, jump kicking Bruce after he blocks a jab from Damian.

"There you go, Bruce. Showing off your incredible paternal skills."

"Your parents would be so proud."

He counters me by swinging about with the motion that my jump kick sent him, elbowing me in the back as I make my landing. KFM fighting style, one of Bruce's favorite to use and one that I made sure to master. Gotta love it. My kind of fight; like a well choreographed bar fight. I drop to the ground, and propel off of my hands and kick back at Bruce's stomach with both legs as I plant them perfectly.

"So tell me, Bruce..."

I'm relentless and I go to work on him. I cannot believe I was afraid of this encounter of ours. He's older and looks like he's tired so I'm guessing my little weekend getaway wasn't his only stop this afternoon and evening. Who knows, maybe he was busy when those zombie crazed freaks were taring up Gotham City.

Or maybe just all my years of anger and pain is finally venting out, fueling my adrenaline to uncanny levels.

"Was it like you imagined? Come on, be honest with me. The last time you saw me, I was a mental wreck after the explosion when I set that trap for Dick using Tim as bait. So that doesn't really count. But tell me...did you envision that our true reunion would be anything as beautiful as it is now?"

Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #34
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

He counters me by swinging about with the motion that my jump kick sent him, elbowing me in the back as I make my landing. KFM fighting style, one of Bruce's favorite to use and one that I made sure to master. Gotta love it. My kind of fight; like a well choreographed bar fight. I drop to the ground, and propel off of my hands and kick back at Bruce's stomach with both legs as I plant them perfectly.

"So tell me, Bruce..."

I'm relentless and I go to work on him. I cannot believe I was afraid of this encounter of ours. He's older and looks like he's tired so I'm guessing my little weekend getaway wasn't his only stop this afternoon and evening. Who knows, maybe he was busy when those zombie crazed freaks were taring up Gotham City.

Or maybe just all my years of anger and pain is finally venting out, fueling my adrenaline to uncanny levels.

"Was it like you imagined? Come on, be honest with me. The last time you saw me, I was a mental wreck after the explosion when I set that trap for Dick using Tim as bait. So that doesn't really count. But tell me...did you envision that our true reunion would be anything as beautiful as it is now?"
I'm wheezing and struggling to catch my breath. The past few hours have taken more out of me than I care to admit. Jason is wounded, but he has youth on his side. Damian is off to the side, letting Jason get his shots in. It's like they're tag-teaming me. It's that fact that makes me angrier than anything else.

"Jason....there's something I've wanted to say to you for a long time now...."

The glint from the batarang blinds me for a second. Jason shifts the weapon and the glare hits him in the eyes, allowing me an opportunity. I twist his wrist and push him away, giving me the space to move and swing as hard as I can.

"....Shut up!"

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
Optikal
Professor Chaos

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optikal View Post

PRIDE
.Chapter 1.

Seven Months Ago.

Thomas stretched and yawned, pushing the white satin sheets from his naked torso. Silently he slipped out of the bed and padded across the moonlit room to the dresser in the corner. His cell phone was set to silent but was blinking furiously. Glancing back at the bed, the dark haired woman there barely stirred as he grabbed the cell and answered it.

"Yeah" he answered curtly.

"Mr Blake. We have a job for you".

"I'm listening" he replied as he made his way out towards the balcony.

"There's a man in Gotham City known as the Gray Man. He has in his posession a box. I want that box and its contents".

"What's the payment?"
Blake asked.

"One million now. Two more when the box is delivered".

"Where am I delivering it to?"

"We'll contact you".

Blake sucked in a long breath of cold night air and rubbed at the stubble on his jaw. "Alright" he said. "I'll do it".

The cell went dead and Tom turned to head back inside. The woman in the bed stirred and rolled over, drawing the sheet up to her chin. "Come back to bed Tom Cat. I'm cold".

Blake shook his head and padded to the other side of the room. "I've got work to do Jade".

Jade groaned and rolled around, her eyes following his naked form around the room. slipping the sheets away from herself she groaned dramatically again and succeeded in turning his head. "But kitten I'm reeeeeeally cold..."

Blake sighed and allowed a smile smile to spread across his face. "Alright. Work can wait awhile" he smirked.

PRIDE
.Chapter 2.
Now.

Blake knew in his own experience that the job shouldn't be this easy. Even though he was supremely confident in his own skills, the Gray Man had something of serious value and yet the protection he had outfitted his home with was terribly amateur. Catman had easily disabled the surveilence cameras and the guard dogs had gone down as silently as poisoned meat offered. Though the thunderstorm that was raging on this night would have allowed him a noisier method of dispatch.

Dropping through a window of the mansion, Blake found himself in pitch darkness. Taking a moment to let his adjust he sniffed the air, his senses coming alive to the array of scents. Wood Polish gave way to dust. Someone had eaten spaghetti three hours or so before. There was also the lingering mix of seat and jasmine. And feline fur. Catman braced as shadows started to come into focus. He was in a small room in the east wing of the large house. The room itself was unremarkable. A chair in the corner. A lamp. Bookshelves. Catman placed his hand held claws over his knuckles and made for the door, heading into the corridor.

As was dark. He could hear sound from somewhere, like a TV or a radio playing in the distance. Catman knew that the card was in a room upstairs and so he made his way through the hall and into the main atruim that housed a large dramatic staircase. Evidently a life of crime had paid off for this 'Gray Man'.

Silently and stealthy as the best ninjas Blake made his way the stairs. As he neared the top he stopped. The scent of feline fur had grown stronger. It was too dark to see properly but he could feel eyes watching him. He bristled, muscles tightening, eyes darting for sign of movement. From outside, a ferocious flash of lighning illuminated the darkness of the atrium and Catmans eyes drew straight to their target.

"Bronze Tiger" Catman snarled.

"Creeping around in the dark, Catman? How very... you!"

"Heh" Catman growled, clearly unimpressed. "Step out my way Tiger and you'll not get hurt".

Bronze Tiger made his way around the balcony to stand at the top of the stairs. "You do realise that you're talking to perhaps the greatest fighter in the world?"

"I guess we're going to put that title to the test then" Catman sneered. With a snarl he leapt at the warrior but Tiger shifted his weight, snapped around a high kick that connected with Blakes chest and sent him reeling down the stairs. Blake landed hard and pain lanced through his hip but he pushed it from his mind and rolled to his feet.

In the time it had taken to do so, Bronze Tiger was stood in front of him, arms folded across his chest."Stay down, Catman. You can't win this one. I'll let you leave if you like but if you stay there's only two places you can go... The hospital or the morgue".

Blake looked on and wiped a small trickle of blood that had escaped his mouth. "Ah well, what the hell; I could use a rest anyhow!" His eyes shone with rage and once more, he leapt at his adversary...

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #36
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

Strangely, the words don't sting as bad coming from the Batman as they did when Jason said them. I guess I kind of expected him to say something like that. Hell, I'm surprised he hasn't ordered the paternity test yet. Assuming he didn't take a hair sample or something while I was sleeping. And I wouldn't put it past the so-called world's greatest detective. I guess its harder having other people tell you something you don't want to hear, rather than getting it from the source you expect it from.

Bruce's words still hurt though. Even if he is just the sperm donor.

Quote:
"Jason....there's something I've wanted to say to you for a long time now...."

The glint from the batarang blinds me for a second. Jason shifts the weapon and the glare hits him in the eyes, allowing me an opportunity. I twist his wrist and push him away, giving me the space to move and swing as hard as I can.

"....Shut up!"
Jason's going to be reeling from a haymaker like that. Which means I need to buy him some time to recover. Luckily, that same wide arc has left a sizeable area of father's side open to attack. And with an invitation like that, who could resist putting the tip of their boot squarely between the third and fourth ribs?

"Douche says what?"

Yeah, at this point I'm playing around. So what? Is there anything to care about anymore at this point?

I have to be quick to keep father engaged, staying in close to try and keep the attention focused on me. A few jabs at the weak points in his armor, a high kick toward the face to try and throw his balance off, and while I'm at it... I play his game. "When I first heard about you, it was like you were a legend. The absent father. The Batman. The man who turned down the Demon's Head."

He's better at blocking my strikes than I am at his. He gets an Aikido-inspired breath throw off that pushes me away, the soles of my boots scraping against the rooftop for traction as I come barreling back for more. "And then I met you, and wanted to learn everything there was about you."

And we're at it again. The same dance. He knows the League. He knows the style of my mother and grandfather, so he knows all the tricks and moves from the people who trained the ones that trained me. Even with the experience of fighting Jason and Jean-Paul Valley, I'm totally outclassed. But I'm fine with that. I take a hit, and keep swinging. I get thrown, and keep coming back. I am his unwanted child, but I'll be damned if I'll let him forget it. This is ten years of payback.

"And you know what I've learned? I'M NOT LIKE YOU!"

Old 01-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #37
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

I have to be quick to keep father engaged, staying in close to try and keep the attention focused on me. A few jabs at the weak points in his armor, a high kick toward the face to try and throw his balance off, and while I'm at it... I play his game. "When I first heard about you, it was like you were a legend. The absent father. The Batman. The man who turned down the Demon's Head."

He's better at blocking my strikes than I am at his. He gets an Aikido-inspired breath throw off that pushes me away, the soles of my boots scraping against the rooftop for traction as I come barreling back for more. "And then I met you, and wanted to learn everything there was about you."

And we're at it again. The same dance. He knows the League. He knows the style of my mother and grandfather, so he knows all the tricks and moves from the people who trained the ones that trained me. Even with the experience of fighting Jason and Jean-Paul Valley, I'm totally outclassed. But I'm fine with that. I take a hit, and keep swinging. I get thrown, and keep coming back. I am his unwanted child, but I'll be damned if I'll let him forget it. This is ten years of payback.

"And you know what I've learned? I'M NOT LIKE YOU!"
Damian comes in with another fist, I slap it away and keep countering with defensive measures, only fighting back at half strength. i figured out the attack plan after Jason's attack. Damian comes in and wears me out while I swat him away, leaving me open to Jason's powerful attacks. Their strategy is working.

"Good. I'm glad you're not like me. I don't want you to be like me, I don't want you to be like him," I say with an indication towards Jason. "I don't want you to be like the other Robins, I don't want you to be what the League wants you to be."

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #38
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Marvel floats through the Gotham Sky taking in his new surroundings.

I can see why Batman cares so much for this city. It really is a beautiful city with great potential, inspite of the crime. So far I have stopped 3 robberies, 2muggings and gotten one cat out of a tree.

He lands on top of Gotham Towers and begins making mental notes of where certain areas are located. Just then he sees two police cars chasing a sedan.

Well time to get back to work.

Marvel takes flight and flies next to the car. He notices that the chase is happening in one of the busiest sections of Gotham.

Holy Moley I've got to make sure that these people are safe first.

Marvel then flies under the car and lifts it up into the air. While holding the car with one hand he rips out the driveshaft and hurls it into the river.

He says, "Now that your driving abilities are under control I think the police can handle it from here."

Marvel sets the car down and looks back at the dumbfounded police officers.

Marvel says, "They're all yours officers!"

One of the officers says, "Ummm thank you Captain Marvel."

Marvel smiles and takes flight.

John 3:16
Old 01-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #39
J'adore
Vous

"Even the Oracle didn't see this coming."

Click. Replay.

Click. Replay.

The computer can't seem to trace the voice. I know that the voice is in fact female, but that's about it. I quickly break the sentence up in to certain sections, filing the sound waves on to the Oracle computer and waiting for it to read each section individually. Scan: 1.23% Complete

I then quickly jog across the room, slamming my hands down on the large keyboard in front of me. I look up, my face staring directly a huge monitor. I have a 3D Map of Star City, rotating clockwise hovering slightly too far for my reach. But, I manage anyway. "Computer, scan the area for nearest alliances. Then, find the quickest route to where Huntress' communicator was last left."

I put two fingers out before me, making a swift 'push' movement with them. The 3D map spins round, various lights stretching out towards me, then slowly fading away. 31 Results Found

I nod sharply, before I walk over to the right of the monitor, brushing my hair back carefully. All surveillance cameras in Star City have been cut. All of them. No Blimps, no Helicopters, nothing. Just darkness. Currently, Star City's on its own. No one to watch, no one to guard.

"Computer, trim down the list of 31 and only give me those within a 90 Mile Radius of Huntress' last appearance."

I slowly walk back over to the 3D Map, stretching out two fingers and making a scissor action, causing the map shrink in size, cropping out anywhere other than a 31 mile radius from Huntress' last appearance. 2 Results Found

"Show results." I fold my arms, my eyes sharp and focused on the computer monitor. It doesn't take long for two, very familiar faces to appear on the monitor. Harleen Quinzel and Lian Harper."Computer, get rid of Lian Harper and place her under the 'protection' files."

Task Completed. 1 Result Found

I begin to ruby my temples, my eyes slowly closing. Do I really want to contact this maniac? I mean, it wasn't long ago she was the sidekick to one of the world's greatest villains. Her only redemption is becoming a Star Sapphire and helping to defeat the Black Lanterns.

However, she did cost Selina Kyle's only chance of having children in the process. She left Lana Lang in a state of depression, the young Stephanie Brown recovering in Hospital and Katherine Kane still lies in her coma, with an oxygen tank next to her.

What about Holly Robinson? Isn't she normally hanging around with Harley? Or is it Pamela Isley now? I get confused when regarding Harley's social life.

"Computer, find out if Harley Quinn is with anyone at the moment. What is she currently doing?"

The image of Harley Quinn (now just an image of a blonde, freckled faced young woman) fades, the computer scanning the 3D Map once again. It's found a list of Harley's recent activities, regarding technology.

Credit Card

Credit Card

Credit Card

Mobile Phone

Mobile Phone

ATM

"Where is the ATM located?"

The computer zooms in on the words 'A', 'T' and 'M'. It quickly minimizes, a 2D map slowly appearing up on the monitor. The words rest on the left hand corner, slightly glowing. 31st West Street, outside of Star Bank.

My work's cut out for me. Do I send Harley, or do I go myself? Harley or Me? Me or Harley?

...Both.

Yeah, both of us. I mean, that's fair right? Harley's a bit of a wild card, she'll certainly need guarding. Especially with Huntress' crazy temper. I've been meaning to get out lately and flash my skills -- so perhaps the perfect time?

Of course, no tights, no panties. Just simple bat-a-rangs. And perhaps a bo staff...And maybe some razor heeled boots. "Open up the weapons cabinet."

Weapons Cabinet Opening...

"And get PROGRAMME: BINARY, prepared. I'm making a little trip,"

I walk towards the weapons cabinet, smirking slowly as my hands grasp my old bat-a-rangs. Here I come.

Last edited by J'adore; 01-15-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #40
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

I can hear my heart beating heavily in my ear. The rifle stock sits comfortably on my shoulder, custom made to my size and build. I watch the President of Taiwan step up to the podium, the Taiwanese secret service watching him warily. Through the scope I set the crosshairs over the centre of his head, breathing steadily. I take a deep breath, and refocus the crosshairs, keeping the rifle steady.

Quote:
"**** this ****."

BLAM!

BLAM!

BLAM!

"The only reason I didn't puncture a vital organ is because you're my flesh and blood."
Quote:
"I'm not feeling like much of a hero right now. After all, I just saw the one person who I'd give anything to protect, the one person who I don't need to wear this stupid costume to be her hero, the one person who even after what you did to her will still look to me as her Superman. I just saw her get rushed to the hospital because I wasn't enough of a hero to protect her. You're right, Slade. Heroes don't kill. But right now I'm not much of a hero, am I?"
Quote:
"Well your daughter's pregnant with my child,"

"Are you sure it's yours?"

"Why do people keep asking me that,"
Quote:
"It's only just beginning, Robin,"

"It's over,"

"It's always only just beginning,"
BLAM

The bullet hits the President in the shoulder, a glancing hit, but not enough to kill him. I swear, loading another bullet into the sniper rifle. The bodyguards are already moving, covering their boss with their body. I bring the gun around to where I know the old man's head is and fire. The high-calibre bullet rips through the flesh of the bodyguard's neck, striking the President square in the head. I can't help but suppress a grin. Well recovered.

But that doesn't change the fact that I bodged the first shot. My vast bank of emotional issues has been putting me off my game for some time. It could be that I need some cathartic draining...

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #41
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Wondergirl

As my feet touch the ground, I still don't know if what I'm doing is the right thing for me. Half of me says it is. Half of me says I'm crazy and I should just fly away again. It's not like they would know. It's not like it would change anything.

But then I remember Kara's words. They need me. They need me more than I know. And that alone is reason to do this.

I walk through the doors of Titans Tower and my feet echo in the basically empty building. It seems so cold in here. So unforgiving. It's such a difference compared to they way it used to be. It was a home, not just a base of operations.

Shaking these notions out of my head, I head to where we have always hung out, and find Zach and Conner there, as well as Beast Boy. None of them realize I'm there right away, and I'm glad.

Just seeing them tears at me. It's been so long yet it seems like just yesterday. These people are my family, yet one that I left. Not the other way around.

I clear my throat and the others turn to me. I smile, "Um...hi, guys."

Old 01-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #42
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Wondergirl

As my feet touch the ground, I still don't know if what I'm doing is the right thing for me. Half of me says it is. Half of me says I'm crazy and I should just fly away again. It's not like they would know. It's not like it would change anything.

But then I remember Kara's words. They need me. They need me more than I know. And that alone is reason to do this.

I walk through the doors of Titans Tower and my feet echo in the basically empty building. It seems so cold in here. So unforgiving. It's such a difference compared to they way it used to be. It was a home, not just a base of operations.

Shaking these notions out of my head, I head to where we have always hung out, and find Zach and Conner there, as well as Beast Boy. None of them realize I'm there right away, and I'm glad.

Just seeing them tears at me. It's been so long yet it seems like just yesterday. These people are my family, yet one that I left. Not the other way around.

I clear my throat and the others turn to me. I smile, "Um...hi, guys."
Cassie. My heart stops like I was hit by a Kryptonian bullet. Just a few seconds ago, we were listening and laughing to Beast Boy tell stories of the "old days" at Titans Tower. Then, Cassie walks in, and the room goes completely silent for a moment. Beast Boy glances around curiously, unsure of why we've all stopped dead in our tracks. My eyes meet with Cassie's for a split second before she looks away.

"Cassie!" Megan proclaims happily, freeing us all of the pressure of having to be the first to speak.

Zach smirks. "I knew you couldn't resist my devilish good looks and witty charm."

I swallow the growing lump in my throat. There are so many things I want to say to Cassie - need to say to her - but now is not the time. If this is it, if she's really coming back, we'll have time to talk about everything. Amazingly though, even with the burden I carry in my heart, nothing can weigh down the happiness I feel seeing Cassie standing right before us again.

"Hey, Cass."

Old 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #43
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Cassie. My heart stops like I was hit by a Kryptonian bullet. Just a few seconds ago, we were listening and laughing to Beast Boy tell stories of the "old days" at Titans Tower. Then, Cassie walks in, and the room goes completely silent for a moment. Beast Boy glances around curiously, unsure of why we've all stopped dead in our tracks. My eyes meet with Cassie's for a split second before she looks away.

"Cassie!" Megan proclaims happily, freeing us all of the pressure of having to be the first to speak.

Zach smirks. "I knew you couldn't resist my devilish good looks and witty charm."

I swallow the growing lump in my throat. There are so many things I want to say to Cassie - need to say to her - but now is not the time. If this is it, if she's really coming back, we'll have time to talk about everything. Amazingly though, even with the burden I carry in my heart, nothing can weigh down the happiness I feel seeing Cassie standing right before us again.

"Hey, Cass."
I can't help but smile, especially at Zach's completely obvious and stereotypical comment. But of course Conner, and our brief eye contact is enough to disrupt those feelings. There was part of me that hoped when this moment came every bad feeling I had about Conner and I would fade away, that it would disappear in an instant.

But that brief moment of eye contact and the feeling in my stomach tells me that isn't what's going to happen.

I manage a smile, "Hi everyone." I almost see Conner wince at the fact that I won't look at him. "Listen...I'm sorry. I've been gone for so long, and-"

Before I can respond, Megan runs up and wraps her arms around me, "Cassie stop. You don't have to explain. We all understand."

"I don't," Zach says, feigning emotional pain and a puppy dog face. "I couldn't sleep for weeks. I wept into my pillow and ate gallons of ice cream a week."

I can't do anything but chuckle.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #44
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I can't help but smile, especially at Zach's completely obvious and stereotypical comment. But of course Conner, and our brief eye contact is enough to disrupt those feelings. There was part of me that hoped when this moment came every bad feeling I had about Conner and I would fade away, that it would disappear in an instant.

But that brief moment of eye contact and the feeling in my stomach tells me that isn't what's going to happen.

I manage a smile, "Hi everyone." I almost see Conner wince at the fact that I won't look at him. "Listen...I'm sorry. I've been gone for so long, and-"

Before I can respond, Megan runs up and wraps her arms around me, "Cassie stop. You don't have to explain. We all understand."

"I don't," Zach says, feigning emotional pain and a puppy dog face. "I couldn't sleep for weeks. I wept into my pillow and ate gallons of ice cream a week."

I can't do anything but chuckle.
I smile at Zach's joke, but I feel like an outsider watching Cassie, Megan, and Zach interact. They can have a proper reunion. They don't have to live with the regret of hurting someone they swore they'd always protect. They didn't have to look in my eyes and see a darkness that couldn't be denied. I may not have been in complete control of myself when I hurt Cassie, but that doesn't change the fact that Luthor blood runs through my veins. Everyone assumes I'm next in line to be Superman, but what if it's Luthor's throne I'm set to inherit?

Beast Boy eyes me curiously. I guess I'm not doing a great job of keeping my emotions sealed. He leans in close and whispers, "What's the deal? I could cut the tension between you and this girl with a meat cleaver."

"She's my ex," I explain, though that's only the tip of the iceberg. I don't tell him about the fact that I paralyzed Cassie. I don't tell him about the fact that I made a deal with Neron to restore her strength, in exchange for my powers. I don't tell him about the night Cassie told me that she's never looked at me the same way since the Dark Alliance.

"Ah. Well, take it from me. There's not a problem in the world out there that can't be solved within these walls." He gives me a supportive smile before marching over to introduce himself to Cassie. "I don't think we've formally met. Garfield Logan, Beast Boy. You can just call me Garfield or Gar. Whatever."

I think about what Beast Boy said. Not that long ago, I probably would've believed him. I used to think that the Titans would never change, that we'd always be able to tackle everything together. But somewhere between tangling with Deathstroke and going out to restaurants together, something did change. And all the superstrength in the world isn't going to put it back together.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #45
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Damian comes in with another fist, I slap it away and keep countering with defensive measures, only fighting back at half strength. i figured out the attack plan after Jason's attack. Damian comes in and wears me out while I swat him away, leaving me open to Jason's powerful attacks. Their strategy is working.

"Good. I'm glad you're not like me. I don't want you to be like me, I don't want you to be like him," I say with an indication towards Jason. "I don't want you to be like the other Robins, I don't want you to be what the League wants you to be."
Jason Todd- 'Deadline'
------------------------
I cannot believe the bull he is trying to feed Damian right now. He really doesn't understand the pressure and influence he has tried to put on the kid. On all of us. Each and every one of the kids he took him Bruce thinks that he did us a favor? I wouldn't have been beaten to near death by the hands of The Joker wielding a crowbar and finished off by the ticking of a time-bomb. I would've turned out fine. My life wasn't that bad. But Bruce made it seem like he was going to show me a world I never thought could exist.

What he showed me was a world that became my nightmare.

"Lay off with the bull already Bruce and be straight with the kid for once! You say you don't want him to be like you, or anyone of us? THAT'S A LOAD OF CRAP!"

I come at Bruce, he swings at me and I deflect the blow.

"This was always our problem. Why our version of the 'Dynamic Duo' never worked out."

I spin about, knocking him clean at the temple of his with my elbow. I jump up to smash down at him with both hands pressed together and he crosses his forearms across from enough, blocking and absorbing my blow, then proceeding to jab me in the stomach. I knee him, then toss him back only to run up to him.

"You never wanted me to be my own man, Bruce. All you ever did was make it damn clear that I was nothing like Dick, nor that I would ever be like him. You have any idea the kind of pressure that puts on a kid? And not just that but the doubt? My naive, brash, and impatient ways weren't what got me killed, Bruce."

Swinging at him with a wild haymaker, he dodges easily but I didn't plan on that punch landing. As my back is turned to him, I rock it back, hitting him in the nose, spin around and grab him by the cowl and bash my skull against his.

"It was your f***ing training and mindset."

"You saw me as second-rate."

We both are left dazed as we pull apart. Guess I didn't consider the damage the kevlar bi-weave lined within his cowl would do to my exposed forehead. My world spinning in circles, I see multiples of everything in the scenery before me. Everything except for the man dressed as Bat also dazed before my eyes.

I see Bruce perfectly. And in a fit of rage I tackle him, taking us to the ground. I pull my arm back, about to lay a thick one.

"So don't try to lecture your own damn kid and try to tell him you want him to be his own man. You will always look down at him in disappointment. Just like you did me. For nothing more than..."

I made the punch count.

"Not being able to be as good as the "other" Robin!"

Old 01-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #46
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

".....and then.......nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Not even watery eyes. They might as well have been using flashlights."

Lois and Ma's eyes both go wide. After the incident at Lacey's this morning, I thought it would be best to tell them. The fact that Ma was making her amazing chicken salad for lunch in Smallville didn't hurt.

"Why Clark, that's wonderful, isn't it?"

"Honestly, Ma? I'm not sure," I say, taking a nice cool drink of milk as I sit down at the kitchen table. "I mean, this isn't the first time my powers have fluctuated. I've lost them, had them weakened, strengthened, and everything in between. But this is on an entirely new level. Not even Kryptonite phases me anymore. And sure, it will make me more effective at saving lives, but I'm worried.....it might be too much for me to handle."

"In terms of accidental collateral damage?"

"In terms of, well....everything. It's already hard enough sometimes to keep things in perspective, to not get lost in the things I can do. Both of you have always been there to help me remember who I am, that I'm still Clark on top of being Superman. Pa was there to keep me grounded too. But with him gone, and my powers in this sudden overdrive, and the baby on the way...."

"Well, son, that means that Lois and I will just have to work twice as hard to keep you in line," Ma says with a reassuring smile.

"Clark, honey, you've walked this kind of line for most of your life,"
Lois says, putting her arms around me and coaxing a smile from me. "And believe me, you don't need people holding your hand to make the right choice. I'll be here to support you, but because I want to be there, not because you need someone to prop you up. I trust you. Martha trusts you. Hell, you're Superman--everyone trusts you."

My smile fades.

"Not everyone."

Before I left Earth, there was an anti-superhuman protest group called KRYPTONITE that repeatedly attacked me and what I stand for. They've quieted down considerably since then, but they're still out there.

There have been rumblings in the news since I came back, questioning why I left and how I can just come back and expect to be given a hero's welcome, considering all the things that happened while I was away.

And then there are the ones who aren't just satisfied with questions and criticisms.

General Zod already struck at me once from beyond the grave. There's always a chance he could try again.

Bizarro disappeared after I spoke with him about his solution to the Anti-Life Equation. I don't think he'd be intentionally harmful, but to say that he's unpredictable would be one of history's greatest understatements.

Brainiac was destroyed when I threw him into the supermassive black hole in the galaxy's core. But being a sentient AI, there's always the possibility that he has a backup somewhere, laying in wait to enact some kind of plan....

.......and then there's Luthor.

"A lot of people are still hurting from Darkseid's war, and they need someone to be upset with," Lois says. "They'll come around. And the actual bad guys? Well, now you're better prepared to deal with them than ever, right?"

"Fair enough," I nod. "Oh, hang on, there's a mudslide in Argentina that I need to stop."

I give Lois a quick kiss on the cheek, then head out the door.

Thirty seconds later, I'm back, finishing the last of my glass of milk.

"I'm not particularly worried about what could happen to me. But what do you think my enemies are going to do when they find out about you and the baby?"

"The same thing they always do," she says with a prideful grin. "Get their butts handed to them by Superman."

"Clark, this is a blessing. A risky one, maybe, but just think of how much more you can do now. And how much this child will mean to the world."

"Speaking of," I say, "I still need to tell the League what's happened, so we can start making preparations. To protect you two and the baby, to learn what it'll be capable of doing...and how to train for the life in costume."

"Well, we've still got about eight months to think about that," Lois says as she gets up from the table, "and our lunch break is almost over. Martha, it's been great seeing you as always, but we're due back at the Planet."

"And I can see an apartment fire in Berlin that I need to get to," I say, giving Ma a kiss on the cheek. "I'll talk to you later tonight, okay?"

With that, I pick up Lois and head back to Metropolis to drop her off, and come up with an excuse for Clark to be running late. Lunch was nice, but it's time for both of us to get back to work.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #47
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

OOC: Previously...

Poseidonis, Atlantica
The Royal Courtyard

J'onn J'onnz, having time to recover from Despero sneak attack, starts to head for the surface of the water. As he does so to rally up with Aquaman, he utilizes his telepathic abilities to send out a psywave of a distress call to all within proximity of the area.

This is the Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onnz. I am sending this distress call for all nearby heroes and JLA as well as reserve JLA members to answer to. Despero has attacked Aquaman and I and we need assist in taking the galactic villain down. Arthur is fighting him in the region of the Massachusetts Bay.

Splashing out of the water, the martian heads west.

"I knew that I would one day have to answer for what I had done."

Massachusetts Bay
Shipyard

The Aquatic Ace is taken hold of by Despero, and the villain chucks him through the shipyard like tin foil. He does his best to gain his balance but the former space tyrant's might is too strong and Orin reluctantly crashed through several docked ships of different size, eventually landing into the water. Despero barks at the Marine Marvel telepathically as he hovers to where the hero remains.

So you bought the martian time to call for aid. It won't save you, former Sea King. After the level of annoyance you have caused me you will surely die before aid arrives.

His smirk unseen by Despero, Aquaman telepathically replies back.

~Oh no, I've gone and annoyed Despero. He who is mighty and all powerful.~

Emerging from the deep, Orin grabs the gargantuan villain by the neck, pushing them back into the water. As he brings Despero back into his domain, his element, he opens up a telepathic lock with the Martian Manhunter's mind and his mind alone so that Despero cannot hear.

~J'onn...~

~...Where's the rest of the League?~

The Martian Manhunter spots where the Marine Marvel is trading blows with Despero, and blasts at the villain's backside with his martian vision.

I did not detect Diana's mind. She must still be in Themysciara taking down the minotaur that had run loose. Hal has been MIA for a few days so he could be off planet but then again he has not been the same since...well, since. I only hope that Superman or anyone else got hold of my message. I had to be quick.

~Very well.~

Despero blinds Aquaman with a psi-blast straight in his eyes, leaving the former Sea King to do for J'onn. The villain smiles with glee as he is face-to-face with his original target. The martian phases through as Despero tries to slash across his chest, and solidifies just in time to headbutt him, and then proceeds to take hold of him by his cape. Swinging him about, J'onn soon releases Despero sending him towards the Marine Marvel who has recovered from the previous attack.

Coming at him with blazing speed from J'onn's throw, Orin welcomes Despero in his presence by clasping his hands together, and thrusting downward on his head. To his surprise, Despero recovers from the attack quickly and hits him in the jaw with the butt of his head. He tries to hit him with another psi-blast courtesy of his third eye but Aquaman evades.

We cannot subdue Despero physically, Orin. He could take on both Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time and play with them like ragdolls.

~So you are proposing we try to come at him telepathically?~

It is worth giving a try.

J'onn tackles Despero from behind, and soars towards the surface of the water. Shooting out of the water with great speed he eventually throws Despero to the ground. The Aquatic Ace following him as he jumps out of the water the two heroes charge at the villain with all the telepathic might they possess.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #48
SuperFerret
This guy

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Three: Let Sleeping Dogs Die

“Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god” - Francis Bacon, Sr.

Apokoliptian technology allowed both a way in and a way out, as well as providing me with the means to create a device that scrambles sensors, effectively giving myself, Circe and the small group of my soldiers stealth as we crept through the home of Superman. This was the most risky part of my plan, especially since my spies report to me that earlier today, the Kryptonian seems to have become resistant to Kryptonite. Though I have brought a small amount of the space rock that I had acquired, my true ace in the hole was the sorceress, as Kryptonians are as susceptible to mysticism as anyone else is.

"Lord Grodd," one of my soldiers grunts, "Kal-El of Krypton is not here. Are we to leave?"

"As I had planned." I snap back, irritated by the assumption that we had failed in our mission, "The Kryptonian man is not why we're here. In fact, our quarry should be here any minute..."

Faster than I can finish my sentence, the gorilla soldier that had questioned me was on the ground, clutching at the small white blur attached to his throat. Crimson blood gushed out onto the floor as his attacker rose into the air.

"... now."

Chaos erupts within the hall we were caught in, as the dog charges me while defense drones (no doubt triggered by the dog, who is apparently exceptional for his species, as the Fortress's sensors cannot possibly sense us) appear to engage my remaining troops and the witch.

"RARR! RARR! RRRARR!" barks the dog, as it's powerful jaws attempt to close around my arm. A swift club to the side of its head sends it flying away, colliding with a grappling pair of robot and gorilla.

"CIRCE!" I call out to the witch, as she takes off running from the melee, "Dammit!" I give chase, following the witch into a larger chamber dominated by two statues holding up a globe.

Deftly, I draw my pistol, loading the special dart I had prepared for this occasion, complete with Kryptonite needle. With my other hand, I activate a fail-safe specially prepared for the eventuality that one of my guards die. Soon after the hallway erupts in a ball of green fire, completely immolating all within, as well as removing all recoverable evidence of just who exactly was there. More alien technology, though this was a White Martian device, used during their race wars with the Greens.

Immolating all in the hallway, that is, except for the dog, I noticed as he flies out of the holocaust, his fur singed and his eyes wild with rage and pain. Carefully, I aim my dart gun, targeting the hardened mass of the Kryptonian canine's pectoral muscle, and...

The gun is snatched from my grasp by the gnashing maw of the beast. I grit my teeth, preventing a cry of pain from escaping my lips as I send my agony tenfold into the brain of the dog, and strike at it again with a vicious uppercut to the mandible. Once more, the dog flies from me, this time crashing through one of the legs of the female statue, his teeth tearing at the flesh on my hand as he goes. In response to the damage it sustained and the new lack of a support to hold up the weight, the statue of the female collapses on to the dog, bringing down the globe and some of the male statue as well.

I sigh. The dog was an integral part of my plan, and now, it's dead, and Circe is nowhere to be seen. This plan has fallen apart before it was able to truly begin.

The sound of footsteps approaching gains my attention. I turn to see the witch with the unconscious dog encased in a pulsating sphere that followed her.

"I see you're done fooling around, Lord Grodd." she says snidely. I snarl at her and retrieve my gun, firing it at the dog. The dart hits its mark and delivers its contents as I open the boomtube back to my base.

"We shall deliver the dog to Star City," I say, "ensure that he wakes up after we leave. This strain takes effect rapidly, and soon after, those who would be in our way will have a rabid dog with the power of Superman to deal with."

Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #49
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

I see Bruce perfectly. And in a fit of rage I tackle him, taking us to the ground. I pull my arm back, about to lay a thick one.

"So don't try to lecture your own damn kid and try to tell him you want him to be his own man. You will always look down at him in disappointment. Just like you did me. For nothing more than..."

I made the punch count.

"Not being able to be as good as the "other" Robin!"
I stumble back and grab Jason by his collar as I go down. Using gravity against him. I fall on Jason and make sure to get an elbow into his wounded shoulder. "You weren't as good, I realize that now. It was my fault, not yours. I forced Robin upon you, and I was wrong for that. You were never cut out to wear the uniform, I know that now."

Jason tries to wiggle out from under me. I punch him in the back of the head and flip him, grabbing hold of the lapel areas of his coat. "But the boy I knew died all those years ago. You're an insane shell of that child. Jason Todd never came back, it was the Red Hood that was resurrected...

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #50
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

The scene with father and Jason had come to grappling, a contest of strength that left the boy couldn't hope to intervene in. Jason had made a tactical error in charging the Batman after the headbutt manuever, which had been insane in and of itself. He should have fallen back and let Damian swing in to exhaust and distract their target further. As it was the boy was reduced to becoming a bystander, retreating back to the shadows to observe the contest of wills.

It wouldn't end well. Jason was fueled by nothing by rage. He was going to spin out of control and then the Batman would take him apart.

At the same time it was educational. What was different about Jason Todd from himself? Was his rage any different than the former Robin's? And would its end see any other resolution than the self-destructive throwing of one's self against the immovable object that was the Bat.

So the boy watched. And waited.

And tried to work some things out in his mind.

Closed Thread