Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #76
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Wondergirl

"Nice to see you, Arrow," I smile at our old ally. It's been a while since I've seen him, and his help is definitely appreciated here.

"Hey, Little Supes!" he yells at Con. "Didn't they have leash laws on Krypton!?"

He fires another concussive arrow at the superdog and I fly at him again. The arrow strikes, and I wrestle Krypto to the ground, attempting to hogtie him with my lasso. But he's just too strong, and too feral. He breaks through my grip and sinks his teeth into my forearm. I yelp with pain, and my anger causes the lasso to electrify, shocking Krypto away from me, and towards Megan, who instantly engages him.

I float over towards Superboy, "There's something wrong with him, Con. I've never seen Krypto like this."
"Then you've never seen him when you're trying to take away his food bowl," I say with a grin. But upon seeing the look on Cassie's face, I get serious again. "Right. Leave the jokes to Zach and Garfield."

I watch as Megan manages to hold her own against Krypto. Green Arrow continues to pepper him with concussive arrows - no doubt aware by now that regular arrows would just snap like twigs against Krypto's unbreakable skin. It's almost painful to watch Krypto take this kind of abuse, but I reconcile it in my head by reminding myself that he probably doesn't feel a thing.

Then again, that's also the problem. Short of finding some Kryptonite, I don't know how we're supposed to take Krypto down. Our only hopes right now are to outlast him until whatever's going on wears off, and I really give us the best shot at doing that.

"Krypto!"

The superdog turns to me, feral anger burning in his eyes. I don't even recognize my canine companion. That makes it a little easier to do what I'm about to do.

"Outside!"

In a blur of motion, I get Krypto into a headlock and zoom into the skies. I might not be able to keep him down for long, but I can limit the collateral damage. He snaps his jaws at me, kicking and scratching my side, but I don't relent. I rise higher and higher until we're threatening to leave the atmosphere. The thinned air does its job, weaking Krypto until he stops flailing for a minute.

"I'm sorry, boy," I whisper. And with that, I let him drop. He's bordering on losing consciousness, so he won't recover in time. I know the impact is going to do more damage to the ground than him, but it still hurts watching him fall from the sky like that. I close my eyes and wait for the sound of impact.

THOOOOM.

From high above the skies, I see the cloud of debris where Krypto made impact. I race back down, praying that first of all he's okay, and second of all that he's down. Somewhere along my descent, I'm met by a flying object, and I know that Krypto's okay - but he's certainly not done fighting. The dog thrashes around like a white blur, sending me on a collision course with an office building. After which, he turns his attention back to the rest of the group.

What would Kal do?

Last edited by Eddie Brock; 01-19-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #77
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The sunlight creeps across the room, finally falling on my eyes. I squint against the brightness, the light forcing me awake. Shading my eyes, I snake a hand out of my ring, reaching it across the room to slide the window blinds shut.

I turn over at the sound of a soft grunt and the movement next to my body. Mary pulls the blanket over her head, still completely asleep. I just lay there, looking into her face, with no real desire to move. But I do anyway.

I slip out of the bed without disturbing her. Using my ring, I scan Samantha's room to make sure she is still sleeping. She is. I create my uniform around my body and walk out of the room.

The dishes make virtually no noise as a trio of golden chef's work silently in the kitchen preparing breakfast. While I will them to work in the background, I stand in front of the television, using my ring to scan through the news programs looking for anything interesting. Unfortunately, all I come across is the pathetic events that pass for news on this world.

I just shake my head in disappointment. There's a whole universe out there full of wonders and horrors and treasures and perils beyond imagining. Who cares what celebrity is secretly having sex with a prostitute of the same gender? Although the claims of pregnancy are rather humorous, in a pathetic way.

KNOCK KNOCK

I stare at the front door, willing the television off. The chef's quickly dissipate, leaving the food behind, partially uncooked. I actually have to take a moment to consider what I should do. I don't want Mary or Samantha to be disturbed. But me opening the door would probably be an unwelcome surprise for Mary's neighbors, to say the least. So a take a second to scan who is on the other side. The results are...interesting.

I open the door.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"You're coming with us, Sinestro."

"And it ain't a request."
"Stewart. Grant. This is a...surprise."

"Oh really? You think you can just come back from the dead, leading a corps of murderers, and you can just hang out on Earth without someone confronting you?"

"I had hoped that after all I had done for this world-"

"All you've done?!"

"-that I'd at least be able to enjoy a brief respite."

"Yeah? Well, you thought wrong, didn't you? Why are you here? Who the hell did you have to kill to take this house?"

"Sinestro...?" a sleepy voice says from behind me.

Mary scratches the back of her head and steps up to the door. The second she noticed our 'guests' she's suddenly wide awake and tightens up her robe. "Oh! Um, hi. Are you...friends of Sinestro's?"

"Uh..."

"Ummm...."

"They are. We worked together in our fight against the undead hordes."

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you watched his back while he was out there." She wraps her arm around mine. "We wouldn't want to lose him again."

"Uh..."

"Ummm...."

"Mary. If you could excuse us for a moment. Lanterns Stewart and Grant need to talk with me about the aftermath of the battle."

"That's fine. I saw you started breakfast. I'll finish it and wake Samantha up." She gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You keep watching his back," she says before walking off. I step outside and close the door behind me.

"Uh..."

"Ummm..."

"I suspect you need an explanation..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #78
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I blast off and break the sound barrier a few times over as I race up the Eastern seaboard to New England. I'm over the Boston harbor when I aim towards the ocean and go down into the water, the energy shield of the white ring keeping me dry and keeping oxygen into my lungs. I can see the fight going on even through the murky water of the harbor and arrive just as Superman is confronting Despero.

"I'd do what the man says, three eyes. Y'see, us Earth heroes have kicked your ass before and we can do it again."

Massachusetts Bay
Shipyard

"Ah, the Lantern with a mouth. Last time...had many factors. And with the Martian now my minion I'd say the board is working against you. Would you like to be the Queen or Bishop?"

With a flash of his third eye, Despero smirks and clasps his hands behind his back.

J'onn. Aquaman. Kill your teammates.

The Martian Manhunter is the first to strike. He flies at Guy Gardner and as the White Lantern naturally reacts to make a defensive shield of powerful energy, the martian simply phases straight through it. Grabbing the hero by his collar with one hand, J'onn J'onnz uses the other to slug Guy sending him feet back. Were it not for Guy's force field, the blow could've taken his head off.

It does not take too long for the former Sea King to strike. Controlled or not, his mind works as it always does and he is about to go toe to toe with a foe that is physically superior to he. Though there are things he can exploit to his advantage which he is aware of, and Despero pokes into the deepest crevices of the Marine Marvel's mind to see how he would do it.

How, if it ever came to it, the Aquatic Ace would try to kill Superman.

Suddenly Orin is quick to his feet. He takes his green gloves off, exposing the brilliant shine of his mystical water hand: bestowed to him by the Lady of the Lake to server as her cunning Waterbearer.

A clean punch starts the bout between Aquaman and The Man of Steel. As he has the kryptonian off balance, he proceeds to tackle him into the water. Clark cannot breathe underwater, and he can only hold his breath for so long.

It would appear that through Despero's influence Orin's goal in the end is to drown him. And much like the villain who hovers over the battle field, admiring his work, the Marine Marvel too smiles a most devious one. All will bow down to Despero. All shall crumble.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #79
SuperFerret
Class Act

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Seven: Preparations for War

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Circe has left, taking the three thousand strong bestiamorph army with her, as well as enough high tech weaponry to level a small island nation, which I surmise, she's planning on doing.

As time goes on, I receive word of my soldiers successfully planting the "Beast Bombs" in densely populated areas in major cities across the United States.

Metropolis.

New York.

Washington D.C.

Star City.

Los Angeles.

Gotham.

Central City.

Chicago.

Houston.

Phoenix.

I smile. All the "bombs" have been planted and hidden away, safely tucked away near the most populated and busiest areas in the cities, chosen to maximize the transformations.

Soon.

Soon, my war will begin.

Last edited by SuperFerret; 01-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #80
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

The blow comes quickly, while my guard is still down. Despero is controlling Arthur and J'onn, turning them against us. This isn't the first time League members have fallen under some kind of psychic control, but it's never easy fighting them while it happens.

I've been able to keep up in races with Wally and Barry, and that was before my powers began fluctuating like this. I'm practically able to count the hairs on his head as his fist closes in. But I have to know if Arthur's still in there, if he can fight Despero's control enough to pull his punch...

....apparently not.

I roll with the blow, partially just so Arthur doesn't break his arm, but mostly because that fist of his is still magical, which my powers still can't resist. I was wondering if there was anything left that could still hurt me; I guess that's my answer.

Arthur tackles me into the water, and still a little dizzy from the magical punch, I go down with him. He's in his element now, where he's at his very best. If there's anywhere where I'm at a disadvantage against the Marine Marvel, this is it.

The key, then, to fighting a man who is practically untouchable in the water would be pretty obvious: get him away from the water. Or get the water away from him.

I pry Arthur off of me, carefully applying just enough pressure to break his grip; he may be an opponent, but he's still my friend.

Once I shove him back, I clap my hands together. Cupping my hands as they connect, I'm able to shape the shockwave into a cone of force that actually parts the ocean itself for miles in a long swath. Arthur tumbles back, now falling through thin air.

I catch him by the foot before he lands, then pull him up before the two enormous walls of water slam back together with force that would have crushed just about anyone.

"Arthur, if you can still hear me in there, fight this," I say, wrenching his arms behind his back to keep him from struggling. "Despero's using you. I know you're stronger than he is. Don't let him turn you into a slave. You might not be a king anymore, but you can still act like one."

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #81
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
The Martian Manhunter is the first to strike. He flies at Guy Gardner and as the White Lantern naturally reacts to make a defensive shield of powerful energy, the martian simply phases straight through it. Grabbing the hero by his collar with one hand, J'onn J'onnz uses the other to slug Guy sending him feet back. Were it not for Guy's force field, the blow could've taken his head off.
I react quickly, blasting through the sky as J'onn takes flight after me.

"C'mon, buddy. Whatever this freak is doing to you, it ain't you at the wheel."

I fly through the shipyard, weaving around docked boats and cruisers with J'onn tearing up my wake. I spin around and shoot off a few beams of energy. He phases through them and keeps going. J'onn lands a blow, punching me in the ribs and knocking me out of the sky. I crash on the deck of a yacht and slam against the side of the boat. J'onn hovers above me with his arms crossed.

"Dammit, man!"

"Give it up, Gardner,"
J'onn says in a monotone voice. Despero must be talking through him. "Resistance is useless at this point. Surrender, now."

"Go to hell!"

I leap up and thrust my ring forward. My ring chirps and consumes J'onn in white light.

"The hell is going on?"

He has lost the right of sentient thought,, the voice in the back of my head, the personification of Life known as the Entity, speaks up. Free will is paramount to life. So I am severing his link with the ability known as Despero.

The white light disappears and J'onn floats down to the deck of the boat, a confused look on his face. "I apologize if you've been hurt, Guy. My mind was not my own."

"No sweat,"
I say as I look at my ring. "You're just full of surprises, ain't ya?" I look up at J'onn and smirk. "C'mon, Despero still has control of Fishstick for brains We gotta head out."

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #82
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
One of my blows drives home, striking him in his wounded shoulder. "If you've come to me with a sob story, or looking for pity, then you've come to the wrong place. You've erased any kind of mercy I have for you with your recent actions. So go cry somewhere else, I won't have it. You were a self-absorbed and angry little boy, and you haven't changed a bit. So, you can take this nonsense about Darkseid elsewhere because he's dead and you've proven you don't deserve a second chance at life."
Jason Todd- 'Die For Darkseid'
---------------------------------
"A second chance at life. You see, that's how I saw it at first, Bruce. A second chance and I should consider myself lucky I thought."

His attack hit the right spot in my shoulder to make me lose my balance. But I make sure to come at him with a hook to his jaw followed by a knee to the stomach. However after I knee him, I'm still feeling the pain from my shoulder and we both just tumble to the floor next to each other. Both tired and in pain to the pain of exhaustion.

We both slowly get up, purely focused on just being able to stand. Or at least, that's what I'm confusing on. Not about how I'm going to come at him next, or how I can make an opening if I find a way to distract him. Just trying to stand. But I speak, if for nothing else then to buy me some time to get some energy before we inevitably strike one another again.

And to think I used to look up to him.

"However that...concept that should've brought upon me an epiphany was soon lost to me. Tossed into oblivion. And as I think about it in hindsight, do you know why that is?"

I come at him, frustrated and angry, he quickly sees it coming. Blocking my blow by grabbing my forearm, he strikes me in the ribs with his free hand. Lifting my elbow up I manage to hit him in the nose. Then, there I am again...barely able to keep my balance as I muster up the energy and strength to strike a defensive pose. Bruce just looks at me as he wipes the blood from his nose, keeping a strong form.

But I know for sure he's going through at least the same amount of physical pain I am right now. We've been fighting like two rabid dogs. We both sunk our teeth into each other enough at this point to make us limp.

"I know exactly why. Because there was no goddamn second chance in it, Bruce. I was brought back right into the same damn world and situation I was in before. Second chances are supposed to be about new beginnings. WHAT THE **** DID I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO? HUH?"

I look over at Damian for a brief sec. The kid is so stiff and in such subtle shock he doesn't wear the same face he was earlier. Before, he was with me in this fight against Bruce. Now? Not sure. Anything could be going on in that little noggin of his. Because now, he sees it all for what it is. He thought that he had seen the kind of life that Bruce or myself leads...no. Now he has truly seen it. What it does to you.

"Gotham is the same...no...take that back. It's worse. WORSE. The city is in more constant peril then I can count with more rats filling up the city they populate so damn fast. When that bomb was ticking? I thought...I thought that at least when I'm gone it will cause something to snap in you. We never saw things eye to eye I felt like we were fighting crooks with pillows instead of our fists but you always insisted on doing things your way. Doing things that are just still within what is 'morally good'. Well tell me, great mentor, how has that worked out for ya? HUH? WHAT HAS THE GODDAMN BATMAN DONE TO MAKE THE STREETS A BETTER PLACE?"

"NOTHING."

I spit at him to emphasize my lack of respect for his way of protecting his 'beloved city', and blood hits just before his feet.

"You say that Darkseid is dead. That may be. At this point, I cannot tell if you're bluffing. Is up up or is up down? It's all...whatever to be honest. Because I still lose. Like always."

I start to chuckle a bit. A few low 'heh's turn into some 'hehe's. Then, eventually as I'm suddenly getting to the 'haha's tears are starting to slowly roll down my eyes.

"I just...*sigh*...wanted to live. That's all I wanted. But when I came back, and I saw that things were worse than ever. That heroes so godly as Superman had done things that--when I sported the spandex were considered wrong--and that that...that TWISTED SON OF A ***** Joker was still alive...after everything he had done...I couldn't. Couldn't live. Goddamnit all I ever wanted to do in life...was just live. But the option for Jason Todd to start anew, completely under your nose...wasn't...an option. Doesn't matter that Darkseid is dead by your words. Every fiber in my being wants to see your eyes roll into the back of your head as I choke the last living breath out of you."

As much as it hurts, I stand up straight, crack my knuckles, and get ready.

Last edited by trustyside-kick; 01-20-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #83
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
"You say that Darkseid is dead. That may be. At this point, I cannot tell if you're bluffing. Is up up or is up down? It's all...whatever to be honest. Because I still lose. Like always."

I start to chuckle a bit. A few low 'heh's turn into some 'hehe's. Then, eventually as I'm suddenly getting to the 'haha's tears are starting to slowly roll down my eyes.

"I just...*sigh*...wanted to live. That's all I wanted. But when I came back, and I saw that things were worse than ever. That heroes so godly as Superman had done things that--when I sported the spandex were considered wrong--and that that...that TWISTED SON OF A ***** Joker was still alive...after everything he had done...I couldn't. Couldn't live. Goddamnit all I ever wanted to do in life...was just live. But the option for Jason Todd to start anew, completely under your nose...wasn't...an option. Doesn't matter that Darkseid is dead by your words. Every fiber in my being wants to see your eyes roll into the back of your head as I choke the last living breath out of you."

As much as it hurts, I stand up straight, crack my knuckles, and get ready.
"Then do it," I state bluntly. "So far, you've been nothing but talk. You're give a second chance at life, a new lease on things, but yet you choose to come back to the city and meddle where you obviously didn't belong. You whine and complain about the past while the rest of us have moved on. All the energy you waste crying over things you cannot change makes me sick. You're in a hell of your own making, Jason. And the truth is, you couldn't be happier."

My back pops as I crouch down and get into a defensive stance. "You've put up a good fight tonight, you're better than you ever were as Robin. I'm on the ropes, and you know that. The one question that remains unanswered is if you'll finally do it, finally kill me. Chances are, you'll still be miserable. That's because you're a miserable person, Jason. Now is the time if you want to kill me. So, put up or shut up. Show me you're more than just talk."

Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #84
SuperFerret
Class Act

The Circe Interlude: Part One

I bring my sword around once more, the blade slicing through the air easily, and then through the throat of the minotaur just as easily. Blood spills in gushes as the beast falls to his knees in the sand. I clean my blade as I watch it die dispassionately. How this beast made it to the shores of Themyscira, I do not know.

I do not care either, as he… it killed two young women. That alone granted it no mercy from me.

A loud, sudden BOOM erupts behind me, signaling that my work is not yet done. I turn to face this new disturbance.

“Hera…” the oath escapes from my throat as my hand grips my sword tighter.

A veritable army of beast-men springs forth from the open portal, which resembles an Apokaliptan Boom Tube, each wielding weaponry that seemed to hail from another world, and at their back, directing this bestial charge…

“Circe.”

Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #85
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
From high above the skies, I see the cloud of debris where Krypto made impact. I race back down, praying that first of all he's okay, and second of all that he's down. Somewhere along my descent, I'm met by a flying object, and I know that Krypto's okay - but he's certainly not done fighting. The dog thrashes around like a white blur, sending me on a collision course with an office building. After which, he turns his attention back to the rest of the group.

What would Kal do?
Zachary Zatara

When Krypto hits the ground, the shockwave almost pushes me off my feet. Pieces of concrete fly towards us and I instinctively put up a magic barrier that shields me and Green Arrow from the rubble.

I guess those training sessions do come in handy.

"Thanks, kid." Arrow tips his hat to me.

I wish I could pull off that goatee.

"Any time, old man." I shoot him a wry smile and I plan on asking him just how many ladies he's shown his trick arrows to when the ground shakes. When I look back I see Krypto standing right in front of us, growling. I hate dogs, you know?

"Uhmmm..."

"Easy, kid. Just be still."
Arrow whispers slowly. Krypto's eyes are on fire, and the hound takes another step towards us.

"Said every victim of an animal attack, ever."

Suddenly an idea hits me. This mutt is from Krypton, just like Superman. Which should mean that....

Since my magic can't affect living beings, I turn to Green Arrow. "Old timer, you think you can tag him when he's going at full speed?"

Green Arrow scoffs. "Kid, I could shoot a booger off the Flash's nose. But I'm all out of concussive arrows and somehow I don't think my steel-tipped ones are going to do much."

Krypto is suddenly swiped off his feet by Megan, who flies him a few feet into the air. She struggles with the pooch, trying as hard as she can to keep her hands around him without letting his teeth close to her face. She almost lost her grip but Wonder Girl swoops down and the two keep Krypto between them. Lucky dog.

"Just trust me, Green Arrow. The moment they let him go, take your best shot." I assure Arrow, then turn to the girls. "Megan, Wonder Girl! I have a plan! On my mark, let Krypto go!"

Megan, thrashed about by Krypto, gives me an unsure look. "Trust me!"

Green Arrow reaches into his quiver and pulls out a steel-tipped arrow. "I hope you know what you're doing, kid."

So do I. Ugh, sweaty palms.

"Okay, one....two...." I mentally prepare, empty my mind and then shout. "NOW!"

Orbis tutela videor validus

Time slows down as Megan and Wonder Girl release their grip on the dog. Faster than a speeding...you know, he darts from the pair and shoots towards us as if he knows. Arrow releases the arrow.

Orbis tutela videor validus

Come on, come on, come on.

The steel-tipped arrow slices the air on it's way to it's target. I can see the kill in Krypto's eyes as he flies towards us.

ORBIS TUTELA VIDEOR VALIDUS

I can see the white of it's eyes, it's gaping maw opens up and I close my eyes.

ORIBS TUTELA VIDEOR VALIDUS

I swear I can feel Krypto's hot breath on my face and the distinct smell of dog slobber hits me and then....nothing.

Slowly I open my eyes to find Krypto, inches from my face, wildly snapping at the magical sphere encasing him. Once I've checked to make sure I've still got all my limbs, I smile. "Now that is a trick arrow."

Holy crap, that worked.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #86
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Marvel continues flying after runners when one in full costume grabs his attention.

Dr. Jonathan Crane also called the Scarecrow. Batman has mentioned him a couple of times uses fear-gas.

He flies in front of and lands right in front of the Scarecrow and says, "That's far enough Scarecrow or should I say Dr. Crane!"

For the moment Scarecrow is somewhat startled at seeing Captain Marvel.

He asks, "So Captain Marvel what brings you to Gotham?"

Marvel replies, "That isn't any of your concern Scarecrow! What should be your concern is what'll happen to you if you don't return to Arkham right now!"

Scarecrow says, "Oh Marvel you simple-minded fool. I'm not going back there I've got so much to do and so little time to be wasting with a simpleton like you."

Scarecrow pulls out a peice of O2 lining and asks, "I wonder what frightens the world's mightiest mortal?"

He fires his fear gas at Marvel who coughs and shakes his head for a moment.

Marvel looks up at Crane and says, "Interesting a peanut base. Makes sense since peanut allergies are a common allergy and the fear combined with one's bodily reaction to the allergy heightens one's fear level."

Scarecrow fires again and Marvel says, "Your fear gas works on most people, but when one is steeled with the courage of Achilies..." he grabs Scarecrow by his burlap shirt and says, "your fear gas is a non-factor."

Scarecrow says, "Oh no!"

Marvel asks, "Tell me something Dr. Crane are you afraid of flying?"

With that Marvel takes off as Crane screams, "PUT ME DOWN! AHHHHHHH!"

Marvel replies, "Your wish is my command."

Marvel lands on the roof of Arkham with Crane and says, "Don't move it's a little dangerous up here."

Marvel quickly grabs a tall weathervane and wraps it around Crane several times. He then pulls off the mask and puts it on top of the weathervane.

Marvel begins to take off when Crane yells, "YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HERE!"

Marvel looks back and says, "You should be safe this metal is very strong. I wonder Dr. Crane if you realize how if you used your talents for good how much better this world would be?"

Crane looks dumbfounded as he says, "I have no idea what's more frightening. Me being stuck here or that you actually believe what you're saying?"

Marvel responds, "Well now you've got something to think about while you're up here."

Marvel then takes off after more runners.

John 3:16
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #87
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Marvel continues flying after runners when one in full costume grabs his attention.

Dr. Jonathan Crane also called the Scarecrow. Batman has mentioned him a couple of times uses fear-gas.

He flies in front of and lands right in front of the Scarecrow and says, "That's far enough Scarecrow or should I say Dr. Crane!"

Marvel replies, "That isn't any of your concern Scarecrow! What should be your concern is what'll happen to you if you don't return to Arkham right now!"

Scarecrow says, "Oh Marvel you simple-minded fool. I'm not going back there I've got so much to do and so little time to be wasting with a simpleton like you."

Scarecrow pulls out a peice of O2 lining and asks, "I wonder what frightens the world's mightiest mortal?"

Marvel looks up at Crane and says, "Interesting a peanut base. Makes sense since peanut allergies are a common allergy and the fear combined with one's bodily reaction to the allergy heightens one's fear level."

Scarecrow fires again and Marvel says, "Your fear gas works on most people, but when one is steeled with the courage of Achilies..." he grabs Scarecrow by his burlap shirt and says, "your fear gas is a non-factor."

Scarecrow says, "Oh no!"

Marvel lands on the roof of Arkham with Crane and says, "Don't move it's a little dangerous up here."

Marvel quickly grabs a tall weathervane and wraps it around Crane several times. He then pulls off the mask and puts it on top of the weathervane.

Marvel looks back and says, "You should be safe this metal is very strong. I wonder Dr. Crane if you realize how if you used your talents for good how much better this world would be?"

Crane looks dumbfounded as he says, "I have no idea what's more frightening. Me being stuck here or that you actually believe what you're saying?"

Marvel responds, "Well now you've got something to think about while you're up here."

Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #88
J'adore
Vous

The Titans!? The Titans!? They're way outta their league right now. And it's not even the proper Titans, it's the Teen Titans.

Diana's still at Paradise Island, so she's a no-go. I've placed Hawkman, Supergirl and Power Girl for Metropolis' care. "Hey, Oracle. I'm not picking anything up and Hawk over there can't seem to smell anything either...Are you sure your predicitions are correct?"

"Trust me on this one, Kara. I know what I'm doing."

Then, another familiar voice startles me from within the monitor.

"Oracle, it's much worse than we anticipated..."

"Why, what's happening?"

"Prisoners are everywhere, the powered ones, the crazed ones. There's too many of them!"

And then, my brain clicks.

"The skies...Zatanna, check the skies. I've been going over footage of the explosion and the hit seems to be coming from above. Think you can check the area, scower for any signs of unusual activity?"

"Like a spell of some sort?"

"That would be useful."

"I'll try, but I don't think my magic alone will be able to pull of such a great spell,"

"Try your cousin, he's over in Star City anyway..."

"What!?!"

I end the transmission and begin to call Harley Quinn. Dear god, I hope she's arlight. "Hey, red, it's me! Some crazy Batgirl chick busted me and Helen outta that joint!"

"Repeat that, please..."

"Yeah! She totally just appeared, in a cloud of purple smoke, wooped those b*tches asses and then teleported me and Helena to some roof top! It was amazing, I gotta say....But anyway, we need some help. There's like some crazy dog running loose..."

"Pass me to Helena!"

"There's no time to explain, I'll get me and Harley down from this building and we'll help out Olly. You need to stay back at the base and keep watch of everything, okay?"

I reply back, and end the transmission. Circe? Batgirl teleporters? Crazed animals? Nothing adds up. And of course, I'm here, back at the base.

Last edited by J'adore; 01-21-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #89
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Scarecrow says, "Oh no!"

Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #90
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
"Then do it," I state bluntly. "So far, you've been nothing but talk. You're give a second chance at life, a new lease on things, but yet you choose to come back to the city and meddle where you obviously didn't belong. You whine and complain about the past while the rest of us have moved on. All the energy you waste crying over things you cannot change makes me sick. You're in a hell of your own making, Jason. And the truth is, you couldn't be happier."
OOC: This post is in both first person (Jason's inner dialogue as usual) and third person (the italics font).

Jason Todd- 'Die For Darkseid'
---------------------------------
He moves through the night sky of Gotham. A territory not unknown to him for he was assigned a many set of contracts that took place within this twisted city. The man even has had some where The Bat was involved, once when he was in fact the target that needed to be taken out. But as he finds the right rooftop, and the wind through all the rain is just right, something he had not accounted for becomes known to him.

"Calculator...Calculator come the heck in."

"Something wrong, Arthur? Your tone isn't the most--"

"Who the hell is this guy with the kid and The Bat. She didn't say anything about a third likely to be present."

"Concerned are you? My job was to pinpoint where Damian was; that is what you paid me to do. If you want me to hack into one of the satellites again to get a look from above, it's going to cost you another $5,000."

"That b*tch. She probably hired more than one person for the job."

"Just $5,000 more into my account and my 'all seeing digital eye' is once again a service available to 'Merlyn The Magician'."

Frustrated, the archer turns off his comm severing the connection with Noah Kuttler aka The Calculator who serve as a villan's kind of Oracle...for the right price. Merlyn figures that if Talia did in fact hire more than one man to do the job of taking Damian back to her he wasn't going to let it worry. After all, he's got a clean shot.

Quote:
My back pops as I crouch down and get into a defensive stance. "You've put up a good fight tonight, you're better than you ever were as Robin. I'm on the ropes, and you know that. The one question that remains unanswered is if you'll finally do it, finally kill me. Chances are, you'll still be miserable. That's because you're a miserable person, Jason. Now is the time if you want to kill me. So, put up or shut up. Show me you're more than just talk."
He's got a point. There is still a second chance I can make out of all of this.

And it begins with his blood spewing from his throat.

"All my talk isn't what has given you that bleeding nose, Bruce. Or that attractive wound in the thigh. And don't act like I didn't break at least a rib or two."

I start to sprint towards him, planning to flip over him as he will surely come towards me so I can counter and apply just the right techniques along his backside to hit some nasty pressure points.

This is it.

This is when I will finally be rid of him.

As I'm running, I wear a smile on my face.

I'm finally going to do it.

Finally...I will be truly free.

He's coming at me now.

Perfect.

Now I just gotta--

*THUWKT*

Something hits me, but I still try to run.

I'm so close.

Damnit. I'm so damn close.

But now was when I was supposed to jump. I can't.

The pain is too much but I try to keep running.

*THUWKT*

*THUWKT*

Two more arrows dig into my shoulders and the last hits my spine. I stumble forward and Bruce catches me. I look at him, an expression of pure shock over his face as my hand reaches up to him.

So close...maybe I'll have time to--

Just wanted to live.

That's all I ever wanted.

Goddamnit.

All I ever wanted was to li--

Everything goes black.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #91
SuperFerret
Class Act

The
Glass
GRODD Menagerie
Part Eight: Man Loves, Grodd Kills

"Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War." - Mark Twain

My army has gathered. A five hundred strong force of the best trained gorilla soldiers in the world, all armed and armored with weaponry and defenses that combines the highest level of various advanced technologies, all psionically augmented to be able to reach into an opponents mind and know their strategies and cause them agony.

Five hundred gorillas in fifty heavily armed aircraft.

All fifty aircraft approaching Washington D.C.

And I activate the bombs, transforming millions of humans in ten cities across the United States of America. Without my direct control, they'll riot, cause mayhem and carnage and destruction. Under my control, I will have a feral, ruthlessly efficient legion at my beck and call.

My flagship lands in front of the United States Capitol Building, surrounded by close to two million slavish Bestiamorphs, currently engaged with a large portion of the United States military. This is where my rule begins.

"Grodd has arrived."

Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #92
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
ORBIS TUTELA VIDEOR VALIDUS

I swear I can feel Krypto's hot breath on my face and the distinct smell of dog slobber hits me and then....nothing.

Slowly I open my eyes to find Krypto, inches from my face, wildly snapping at the magical sphere encasing him. Once I've checked to make sure I've still got all my limbs, I smile. "Now that is a trick arrow."

Holy crap, that worked.
"Holy crap, that worked," I remark, coming up behind Zach and placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He instinctively jumps on contact, which makes me give a little laugh.

"Yeah, I guess your sister did teach you something," Beast Boy adds.

"Actually, Zatanna's his cousin," Megan interjects before Zach can get a word in edgewise. I watch the expression on Zach's face morph from annoyance at Gar's mistake to intrigue about Megan's defense of him.

Green Arrow clears his throat, and we all turn to him. "You did good, kid, but what do we do about Snappy?" He motions to the still-furious Krypto encased within Zach's spell.

I frown. It's true. We haven't solved the problem. We've only contained it. And we still don't know what's gotten into Krypto or how to fix it. "You have a Justice League comm-link, right?" Green Arrow nods, grabbing the device on his belt. "Think you can get in touch with Oracle and find out if she knows what's going on?"

"You got it, sport. Oracle, this is Green Arrow. We've contained the superdog for now, but I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what's going on."

While Green Arrow tries to contact Oracle, I turn to the Titans. "How about you guys? Is everyone okay?"

Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #93
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post

"You got it, sport. Oracle, this is Green Arrow. We've contained the superdog for now, but I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what's going on."

While Green Arrow tries to contact Oracle, I turn to the Titans. "How about you guys? Is everyone okay?"
Zachary Zatara

"We're fine, Kon." Beast Boy nods and I scoff maybe bit louder than I should have. "I'm sorry, Zach, something you want to say?"

"No, no. No."
I shake my head, not looking directly at Gar. "We were all worried sick you made it through that last shift okay."

I can tell Beast Boy makes a slight move towards me but Megan steps up behind him and puts a hand on his shoulder. "We're okay, Kon. Thank you."

vvvvvmmmmmmmnnnnnaaaaaa

"What?" I turn to Kon. He shrugs. "You didn't hear that?" Kon shakes his head and puts a finger to his lips and motions to Green Arrow, who is talking to Oracle.

Must have been nothing.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #94
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Wondergirl

"Nice job, Zach," I say as I approach Krypto inside the magical bubble. The canine thrashes about, attempting to free itself from it's magical prison to no avail. But what I see coming from its mouth frightens me more than I could ever have imagined.

Krypto is foaming at the mouth. Meaning he somehow has rabies. And he bit me.

"Ummm...guys?" I say nervously. "I think he has rabies." Then I hold up my injured arm, "Meaning so do I. And whatever kind of rabies affects a Kryptonian is definitely going to do some damage on me."

Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #95
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

The assassin was good. Elite good. Dangerously elite.

The first arrow had struck, to the surprise of everyone on the roof. Jason obviously hadn’t even realized that he’d just been shot. The shock on the face of the Batman meant that Damian wasn’t the only one who hadn’t even realized there was a sniper until after the shot had already been fired. The assassin was so good in fact that another volley had gotten off before Damian had even traced the firing trajectory back to the shooter.

There is no scream of rage, but the young Wayne made his anger and pain more than apparent in the blood-thirsty cry that marked his passage into the air. A pair of batarangs went before him as harbingers of death, both to strike out at the shooter and also to clear his path to the other roof. This wasn’t for justice. This wasn’t even for vengeance. As confused as he was, right now what Damian was looking for was an outlet. An excuse to vent some of his frustration.

And the assassin had just volunteered to be the punching bag.

His throws weren’t aimed to distract. Those batarangs were wielded by someone who’d been trained in assassination as well. Leaping over to the roof adjacent to the warehouse, the boy skirted along the edge of the roof as he got a bead on shooter. “Bastard!”

All right, so maybe it was personal.

The shooter was notching another arrow, Damian’s mind working to calculate whether he would bridge the gap between them before the shooter could loose another shot...

Leaping off to the right suddenly, Damian somersaulted and backflipped to cover behind an HVAC unit. Not because he couldn’t have risked the move on the archer, because a shadow in his peripheral vision had been out of place. A bat-grapple sailed through the spot where Damian's ankle had been just moments before.

The Batman was on the move. And Damian was now in a war on two fronts. The Batman was behind him. An elite assassin was in front of him.

That didn’t appear to leave the boy many options. “At least you're being consistent, father,” the boy announced caustically. "You let Jason die before. I guess history really does repeat itself," the child added, ducking out from behind the make-shift shelter in order to get bearings on his two opponents and stay on the move so that neither the Batman nor the assassin would be able to get a shot at the boy as a stationary target.

Damian's largest advantage was speed and agility, so he'd need to keep moving.

He was out of batarangs. And he didn't have his katana. And he didn't give a **** anymore.

Things were going to have to go down the hard way.

Currently into: Journey Into Mystery, Batman & Robin, Nightwing

Last edited by Bounce; 01-21-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #96
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Wondergirl

Krypto is foaming at the mouth. Meaning he somehow has rabies. And he bit me.

"Ummm...guys?" I say nervously. "I think he has rabies." Then I hold up my injured arm, "Meaning so do I. And whatever kind of rabies affects a Kryptonian is definitely going to do some damage on me."
Zachary Zatara

"Wait, so Cujo over here has some sort of Kryptonian Super-Rabies or whatever...." I look from the magical sphere over to Wonder Girl. "But you're all sorts of magic, right? So shouldn't they cancel each other out or something? I mean, I cast the protective sphere spell because I remembered that magic affects Kryptonians just like humans...but then again..."

Ugh, I haven't had to think this much in years.

"Ugh, I haven't had to think this much in years. Can't we just call Superman to come pick up his dog?"

Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #97
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

"What? What are you talking? Have you found God or something." Luthor furrowed his pseudo eye brows.

"Once but that's a story for different day. No, Eve, nothing as preposterous as that. No, I've been thinking of the future of Lex Luthor. Is Luthor force to live a life of failure. Of failed schemes and invention? For what? A asinine struggle with a man who can not fathom with what I can invent during breakfast. It was time to move on."

"Can you get to the point?"

"I told you to watch the monitor." She did and she dropped the device that displayed a holograh of Luthor's daily activities and meetings.

"Lex you didn't?"

"I did."

"Do you know who that is? I thought they were all dead."

"Apparently, he wasn't the biggest believer."

"T-that's. How can you trust..."

"....GODFREY!" Lex's hovered above the scattering Justifers. His armor amplified his voice which now sounded like a god. "I've come for you Godfrey! You're defenses are destroyed. Your forces are done!"

He helmet's scanners picked up the Godfrey making a run for perhaps an Intergang hideout. He flew forward ignoring the gunshots that riddled his armor. They had no effect. He grabbed Godfrey and tossed him into some windows. Lex followed. Godfrey, bloody and bruised, was backing up slowly. He held some contraption in his hand, threatening Lex.

"All hail the glory that is Darkseid! We will scrap out your brains and make the perfect machine mind. The galaxy will crumple under his---and damn it..."

"Didn't you hear Darkseid is dead. The rest of his forces scattered. Soon, it will just be you and me. And perhaps Metallo, Riot, and Bizarro. Pity you didn't run into the Justice League they wouldn't have flayed the skin off your bones."

"No! No wait!"

"Shouldn't you be praying to your dead god?" Lex's extended his arm. His palm ignited with green energy.

"They sent me as the first harbinger of the crisis. I was able to mask my devotion. But this place changed me...the lifestyle...the music, the car...the women. It's so intoxicating. Do you have any idea what's it's like to live on Apokolips? It's literally hell. Not suited for some as glorious as me. I can help you Lex Luthor. Spare your lowly servant and I will give you gifts from the gods." Godfrey closed his eyes. He squinted to look at Luthor. He had lowered his arm.

"You're a coward, Godfrey, and I should kill you where you stand. Although, even cowards can have their use and one with your unique set of talents can provide very useful."

"Thank you, master." He groveled at his feet but Luthor gently kicked him off.

"Have some dignity, you're human now."

Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #98
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Wondergirl

Quote:
"Wait, so Cujo over here has some sort of Kryptonian Super-Rabies or whatever...." I look from the magical sphere over to Wonder Girl. "But you're all sorts of magic, right? So shouldn't they cancel each other out or something? I mean, I cast the protective sphere spell because I remembered that magic affects Kryptonians just like humans...but then again..."

"It's possible, Zach," I shrug. He is right. My body is fairly magical, and that may be enough to kill the special rabies, but I can't be sure. And I'm not sure some sort of shot will even work on this.

Quote:
"Ugh, I haven't had to think this much in years. Can't we just call Superman to come pick up his dog?"

"I mean sure, because we can all just call Superman and have him do our errands all the time," I respond sarcastically. But something feels wrong about this situation. Why would Krypto randomly appear in Star City with rabies?

Unless he was planted here.

"Guys, I think we may have a problem," I continue. "Krypto didn't just appear here. and he didn't get rabies from a polar bear in the Fortress. Someone did this, and my guess it was for a distraction. I think we need to find out who."

Old 01-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #99
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
I start to sprint towards him, planning to flip over him as he will surely come towards me so I can counter and apply just the right techniques along his backside to hit some nasty pressure points.

This is it.

This is when I will finally be rid of him.

As I'm running, I wear a smile on my face.

I'm finally going to do it.

Finally...I will be truly free.

He's coming at me now.

Perfect.

Now I just gotta--

*THUWKT*

Something hits me, but I still try to run.

I'm so close.

Damnit. I'm so damn close.

But now was when I was supposed to jump. I can't.

The pain is too much but I try to keep running.

*THUWKT*

*THUWKT*

Two more arrows dig into my shoulders and the last hits my spine. I stumble forward and Bruce catches me. I look at him, an expression of pure shock over his face as my hand reaches up to him.

So close...maybe I'll have time to--

Just wanted to live.

That's all I ever wanted.

Goddamnit.

All I ever wanted was to li--

Everything goes black.
Jason collapses in my arms. Beaten, bruised, bloodied, and now with arrows lodged in him. "Jason!" My hand goes to his neck on instinct. It searches for a pulse I'm nearly 100% isn't there. His carotid artery is still.

"No."

For the second time in my life...I've failed Jason Todd. He may have became something else at the end, but deep down I know the true Jason was in there. He was just blinded by all his hate and anger. Something that I now fear for Damian.

“Bastard!"

Damian's war cry snaps be back to reality. I look down at Jason's body before standing up. He didn't deserve this. Maybe all the things he said was right. I forced him out here and in a roundabout way, I was responsible for his second death. His need for revenge trumped any common sense he may have had.

I take off after Damian, leaping across a rooftop and ducking behind a chimney to hide from Merlyn's arrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
That didn’t appear to leave the boy many options. “At least you're being consistent, father,” the boy announced caustically. "You let Jason die before. I guess history really does repeat itself," the child added, ducking out from behind the make-shift shelter in order to get bearings on his two opponents and stay on the move so that neither the Batman nor the assassin would be able to get a shot at the boy as a stationary target.
"Damian. Shut. Up," I say sternly as I come out from behind the chimney and leap over my son, rolling across the ground and dodging Merlyn's arrows.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #100
J'adore
Vous

I pan out each live transmission, all of them filling one monitor. They're images from all over the country, a swarm of beasts terrorising major cities. I've sent at least a trio of heroes to go sort out the mess, as well as contacting the services...and Checkmate.

They were going to get involved sooner or later...

Quote:

"It's not just Star City, it's all over the country. Cities, everywhere...Being terrorised by these weird forms of 'beasts'. I tracked sattelite images of being released on to Star City...It seems he was coming from the west. His only last tracked location was the Fortress...Which could mean his rage was sparked back in the Arctic,"

"Unless some villain paid the dog a friendly visit,"

"Seems likely. I've got kryptonite sedates here back at the base, but Checkmate are on there way and should be able to lock the dog up for the time being,"

"And what about the destruction? The chaos?"

"Do what you can to help them. Services are on their way,"

"And what about these kids?"

I roll my eyes. The teen titans are such pests.

"Tell them until they have a big enough roster it's too soon for them to be back on the field already!"

The call ends, and I switch on my Justice League communicator.

"Justice League, we'll need your help. I have reason to believe a villain is behind all this mess...and someone quite powerful. Who else could pull off a great feat like this alone? If you're available, you're needed. Stay on guard."

Last edited by J'adore; 01-22-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Closed Thread