The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #51
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Default Re: Breaking News! Congresswoman Giffords (and several others) Shot In Arizona!

UPDATE: The 9 year-old child has died, of the ten that were taken to the hospital.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #52
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Breaking News! Congresswoman Giffords (and several others) Shot In Arizona!

The surgeon just said that Congresswoman Gifford was shot 'through and through'. That the bullet went right through her brain.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #53
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

child just died

Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #54
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
The surgeon just said that Congresswoman Gifford was shot 'through and through'. That the bullet went right through her brain.

He is very optimistic that she will survive, but obviously there could be brain damage.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #55
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Second suspect caught, a third man being sought

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #56
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I'm no saying the whole party is responsible, but I wouldn't be suprised if he is a Tea Party member. This is sad, and I hope she makes a full recovery .

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #57
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

AGAIN, lets wait until we have confirmation on who, what and why the shooter did what he did.......

Federal Marshalls now confirm that Judge Roll has indeed died from his wounds....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #58
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Federal Marshalls now confirm that Judge Roll has indeed died from his wounds....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #59
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

lol....guys read through the thread, we are echoing each other here.....lol

Old 01-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #60
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer will be having a news conference soon, as well as President Obama. The protocol is for the Governor to wait until after the President so that is probably the order they will go in.

Fox News has put together a profile of sorts on the shooter from his Facebook page, Youtube etc......they will be reporting that shortly.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #61
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

If Giffords does have brain damage, I would think Arizona Governor Jan Brewer would replace her until there is a special election. Not sure if her Astronaut husband is interested in filling her seat.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #62
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
He is very optimistic that she will survive, but obviously there could be brain damage.
I don't see how she'll ever be the same...

Quote:
Wow...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #63
AG1973
Side-Kick

Default Re: Congresswoman, 6 others, killed by Gunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Palin's PAC website has taken down this image from earlier last year.
March 2010 article about gun sight map targeting Democrats which included the congresswoman

Media will certainly discuss that next week. Poor choice on whoever did that, hopefully it played no part in the shooting. SarahPAC.com is also down.
Conflicting reports on whether she is alive or dead.
I hope that this shooting was not a consiquence of her political affiliation. But I fear it is. The language esposed by Palin, Bachman, and other of their ideological extrmist kin is irresponsible and dangerous.

This is sad and terrible...

AG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #64
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Killing of a child = life in prison without parole. That's how it should be.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #65
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I didn't know a kid was shot. God, this horrible. Lethal injection won't be enough for these heartless ****s. This is why we need to go back to hanging. String these bastards up right in front of the Capital Building.

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #66
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Congresswoman Gifford...

3rd Term Congresswoman a part of the Blue Dog Coalition.
2nd Amendment advocate...
Written and writing strong legislation against the violence and cartel issues on the US/Mexico border.

The shooter on his Facebook page said...."Goodbye Friends"....that is all they have said.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #67
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I've been following this all day. We don't know what the motive was, but the sinking feeling we all have is that it was obviously a political assassination.

This is not how we do things in this country.

I'm been sick to my stomach all afternoon. That's all I have to add. That and may God help all those unfortunate victims.

Words cannot express.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #68
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Killing of a child = life in prison without parole. That's how it should be.

Our prisons are practically hotels. Life in prison is not a harsh enough punishment. Either death penalty or torture the bastard every week during his "life in prison" term.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #69
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I didn't know a kid was shot. God, this horrible. Lethal injection won't be enough for these heartless ****s. This is why we need to go back to hanging. String these bastards up right in front of the Capital Building.
Not going to happen. Besides, those sentenced to death spend years on death row as they appeal their sentence in an effort to try to either get a new trial or serve life in prison.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #70
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:

The shooter on his Facebook page said...."Goodbye Friends"....that is all they have said.

Hmmm...he was apparently tackled. I wonder if he was going to shoot himself but didn't get the chance?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #71
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

The House Majority Leader Cantor's office has met with the President and Hoyer so it looks like they will probably be putting out a statement soon as to what they will do about her seat at this time.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #72
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

This is disgusting. It is sad that people become so messed u that they belive violence wll solve all the problems when it ostly works to unite. While I have feared this may happen with all the hated speech lately. until confirmed we should not blame a whole group of peope since violence will meet violence if rumors get out of control.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #73
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I am happy the guy survived. Crowd appearently owned him.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #74
BlackLantern
Banned User

and now he's sitting in a cell, wondering what's next

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #75
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Giffords interview with MSNBC last spring after her office was vandalized. She talks about threats and the Palin PAC map with gunsights.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote