The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #101
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Default Re: Breaking News! Congresswoman Giffords (and several others) Shot In Arizona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
That has not been confirmed, but news is speaking of another person in custody.
you're not Shifty

//

Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #102
BlackLantern
Banned User

Default Re: Breaking News! Congresswoman Giffords (and several others) Shot In Arizona!

crazy tends to spread....I hope this does not lead to similar incidents

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #103
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Also looks like their are some Mein Kampf references as well either in his you tube or face book.....not sure which.

He is upset with the following...
*Gold is not backing our currency...
*Most of 8th district are illiterate and cannot speak english....
*The Constitution is not followed...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #104
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

If it was a tea partier then we should be wise to not demonize the entire Tea Party. One person's actions are not indicative of the entire groups motives or ideology. It's the same way with Islam. The actions of one should not be lumped in with the actions and feelings of many. With that said, I don't think we should be making any predictions or accusations. There is no sense in pouring gas on an already tragic fire.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #105
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You can't blame Palin for this. I can't stand the woman, but I would never believe she would ever advocate an act like this. That was never the intention of that image on her site.
not openly...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #106
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
To blame Palin is slippry slope since its almost like blaming manson for Columbine. But there is a message here that the retoric should be taken down a notch and be moreabout ideas. Mansn and violent video games areade for entertainment purposes and ,unless menaly unstable, are taken as entertainment. Politics s a place to debate ideas and there is really no place for having cross hairs or violent retoric.
This is just stupid....

Quote:
You can't blame Palin for this. I can't stand the woman, but I would never believe she would ever advocate an act like this. That was never the intention of that image on her site.
EXACTLY.....my thoughts as well.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #107
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Ahhh. A Glenn Beck fan.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #108
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I agree it was not he intention, but as a public figure she doesneed to watch what she says or does with her retoric. However thats the last I will say of it since we dont know if the killer is even a fan of palin.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #109
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Quote:
At the same time, she deliberately uses an inflammatory tone and presentation, to indulge the kind of minds that are drawn to her, and who she draws from.

You're right, but you need to realize if the shoe was on the other foot, Sarah Palin would have no qualms about any "slippery slope". The graphic is evidence of that attitude.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #110
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:

He is upset with the following...
*Gold is not backing our currency...

Eh, nothing crazy about that position. Gold SHOULD be backing our currency.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #111
Franklin Richards
Banned User

You can't yell fire in a theatre and then when someone dies during the stampede, conveniently say that there wasn't really a fire.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #112
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is just stupid....

EXACTLY.....my thoughts as well.
I didnt blame sarah palin, I just said politics was different then entertainment and retoric must be taken with more thought. If you miss understood i apologies but thre is no place to insult me.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #113
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The bottom line is that we still do not know all of the details so let's be careful in placing blame on any certain individual.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #114
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Eh, nothing crazy about that position. Gold SHOULD be backing our currency.
Yeah, but his opinion is politico-historical based, not upon logic.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #115
BlackLantern
Banned User

@danoyse

I don't buy that....but I will leave the rhetoric for another time

Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #116
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I didnt blame sarah palin, I just said politics was different then entertainment and retoric must be taken with more thought. If you miss understood i apologies but thre is no place to insult me.
Hmmmm....I didn't say you did....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #117
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
The bottom line is that we still do not know all of the details so let's be careful in placing blame on any certain individual.
And, unless she was the third gunman, we are probably safe in absolving Palin of blame.

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #118
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Watching President's comments

Why do people keep saying "was a friend of mine" about the Senator rather than "is a friend of mine" its rather irritating....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #119
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
crazy tends to spread....I hope this does not lead to similar incidents
I sincerely hope not as well BL.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #120
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

We said that about the Ft. Hood shooting, etc.....unfortunately people usually use he DATE as a reference point. Waco leading to Oklahoma, etc....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #121
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Watching President's comments

Why do people keep saying "was a friend of mine" about the Senator rather than "is a friend of mine" its rather irritating....

Agreed. I think even he realized there was something wrong with it because he paused and then the rest of his comments were in the present tense.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #122
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Quote:
I agree it was not he intention, but as a public figure she doesneed to watch what she says or does with her retoric. However thats the last I will say of it since we dont know if the killer is even a fan of palin.
Well said, exactly

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #123
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

I just went on Youtube and looked up the shooters videos. It's psychotic and incoherent. The guy has some sort of sever mental instability. Do a search for Jared Loughner and hang on. It's unsettling how disturbed and jumbled the rants are. I don't think this was a tea-party or right wing motivated shooter, I think this guy was just nuts.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #124
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I know some around here do not like Fox News...but they are doing an excellent job researching the shooter....I have to take my dogs to the dog park so if someone else could keep an eye on Fox News that would be appreciated.....I think they are moving toward a motive....

Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #125
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I just went on Youtube and looked up the shooters videos. It's psychotic and incoherent. The guy has some sort of sever mental instability. Do a search for Jared Loughner and hang on. It's unsettling how disturbed and jumbled the rants are. I don't think this was a tea-party or right wing motivated shooter, I think this guy was just nuts.

That is what I'm gleaning from them as well....