The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor Sequels

Old 12-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
ron bond 007
Side-Kick

Th Biggrin Thor should travel to the Black Galaxy and battle the Celestials in the sequel

I'm really getting into the Thor comics now mostly because he travels to other galaxies especially the Black Galaxy composed of planets and planetoids but black stars and organic matter. Thor would travel to the Black Galaxy and battle alien threats there in earlier issues and in a recent story arc The Black Galaxy saga where Thor travels to the Black Galaxy once more and battles the Celestials where a new Celestial consumes the Black Galaxy and it is destroyed. And issues 218-219 he would travel to Rigel 3 and battle the 5 black stars who would consume worlds and galaxies. And in issue 388 he would battle the huge Robot Celestials iout in deep space. Those stories would make awesome basis for future Thor movie sequels and feature space opera equal to the original Star Wars trilogy.

ron bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor should travel to the Black Galaxy and battle the Celestials in the sequel

I'd love to see some cosmic stuff in the sequels. Budgetary constraints might limit the use of things like the Celestials or Ego, but I'm sure they could work space stuff in somehow if they wanted to.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
ron bond 007
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor should travel to the Black Galaxy and battle the Celestials in the sequel

With today's CGI technology there should be no limit to having things like the Celestials and Ego the living planet on the big screen. Hell have Thor go up against Galactus. He did so in an earlier comic issue back in the 60's or 70's. That would be awesome to see on the big screen as well as Thor going up against up an alien armada of starfighters like the Skrull. The time is now for Thor to be in the movies and to soar to distant galaxies including the Black Galaxy if not in next year's movie but perhaps and most definitely in the sequels with the latest CGI technology!

ron bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Technology's not the issue, money is. If the first movie blows box office records out of the water, sure, I could see them dropping a ton of cash into making those crazy Kirby sci fi sagas a reality in sequels. If not, I'd be more worried about getting a sequel at all as opposed to what would be in it. We'll have to wait and see how the first movie does before anything else.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Technology's not the issue, money is. If the first movie blows box office records out of the water, sure, I could see them dropping a ton of cash into making those crazy Kirby sci fi sagas a reality in sequels. If not, I'd be more worried about getting a sequel at all as opposed to what would be in it. We'll have to wait and see how the first movie does before anything else.
True, I would love to see Thor face Ego or The Celestials in a sequel but his film would have to be even more successful than Iron Man.

BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote