The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #26
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread

Well for me the first teaser trailer should be done like the Batman Begins teaser or maybe even the Spider-man one but with a reveal of Henry as Superman at the end. I think this would be the best way to introduce him as Superman.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #27
Zack Snyder
Banned User

I know the general idea of a "teaser" trailer but I almost feel like bringing back Superman ALL over again, especially when a recent attempt was made... Could require a little more awesome out of the box early. Perhaps we should get a little wow factor going for the teaser we may not normally see in this type of production.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #28
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think very little should be taken away from the teaser. An actual teaser. After that, go the approach of Star Trek and Inception. Releasing trailers that obviously show more of the story, but have THAT one trailer that people will always remember (and end up using whichever musical choice they go with that very few people had heard before). Treat the trailers as works of arts just as you would a whole film. Pretty much what Scott Mendelson once said...

http://scottalanmendelson.blogspot.c...-terrific.html

Quote:
I've said this a million times, but the right song or music choice can turn a trailer into a piece of stand-alone art (see: Inception, Where the Wild Things Are, the True Grit teaser, and the second Star Trek trailer).
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #29
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

i remember seeing those trailers for Star Trek and actually being disappointed when i heard that those songs weren't part of the actual score. i'm happy with what Giaccino dished out, but god those 2 songs make those trailers feel so epic!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #30
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

^ Look up "Two Steps From Hell" on YouTube. They have quite a few tracks you may enjoy.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #31
KRIM
Banned User

So does anyone think Snyder will stay/stray from his usual mold of trailer cuts? He's always utilized techno/electronica songs as the background, creating a very specific mood. It's very effective, though I'm not sure that's the right tone for this franchise.

I'm psyched for what he decides to show. His tastes usually align with what the audience looks for in a mainstream flick. I haven't seen a single Snyder film trailer that didn't get me excited.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #32
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Maybe they should do a joint Superman/Batman logo teaser to go with Harry Potter. The first proper Superman trailer will be tied to The Dark Knight Rises.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

yeah, something like spidey 1 teaser (robbers robbed but caught in the giant spidey web between the twin tower) would be cool!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
Moj1986
Side-Kick

- Open on a busy street in midday rush, loud and bustling. A man walks past us (we see him from behind), wearing a suit and carrying a laptop bag. He dips his head and sneaks off into an alley.

- The shot begins to rise along side the sky scrapers of Metropolis.

- The city sounds begin to fade as we ascend to a calming sound of the breeze, now high enough to meet a few of the lower clouds.

- As we continue to rise the shot tilts to look down to look on where we rose from.

- We see a red~blue dot heading towards us at speed, as it closes in on us we get a quick and somewhat blurred view of Superman and he spreads out his arms and peels off towards the top of our screen.

- Time slows to give us a view of the \S/ on his chest, and begins to pick up pace again.

- The shot follows him as he turns through the air and rockets off into the distant horizon.

- Cut to a black screen. Reflective sky blue text flashes onto the screen "Take to the skies" , "12. 12. 12"

Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #35
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I liked that idea of the news footage of Clark in Africa if that story is even going to happen. Just something brief. Kind of hint at it and build it up.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #36
sf2
Side-Kick

why africa??? America has lot of slum and poor too??? can't u see the homeless along the street???

Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #37
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I've had an idea for a teaser trailer for awhile now.

Seeing that we are apparently getting treated to Superman's debut and that Superman debuts to mixed reaction, my idea is this:

Have several different one on one issues with different people of different ethnicities, even different languages with subtitles. Shoot in either with news style film stock or even go with a hand held camera look. Play it serious, and have all the interviewed people talk about a man with God like abilities, this alien being, that insists on inserting himself in the affairs of mankind and with a wide range of different emotions, from fear to excitement to anger to distrust to careful optimism. End it with an interviewer noting that "We will just have to see what happens with this, what does he call himself......Superman". BOOM, cut to some heavy action scene's from the film with quick cut shots on Cavill in suit. End it with a scene of Superman with Lois in arms and a line or two of dialouge.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i remember seeing those trailers for Star Trek and actually being disappointed when i heard that those songs weren't part of the actual score. i'm happy with what Giaccino dished out, but god those 2 songs make those trailers feel so epic!
Same here. There's a great feeling of the film having a large scope due to the choices in music. I really hope they do this with Superman.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #39
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Like this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

But this time, actually have the movie follow through on the greatness of the trailer.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #40
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Like this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

But this time, actually have the movie follow through on the greatness of the trailer.
It's interesting to look at the trailer again after seeing the film. It really tries to play on the nostalgia of the audience for the Reeve films. So, instead of trying to tease on its own merits, it's teasing because it's a semi-sequel, reboot, requel, whatever one chose to describe the film.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #41
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Teaser Trailer airing with Final Harry Potter Film:
-Darkness.
-A voice; scared if optimistic. As if heard through an old, crackling Radio sounds, as we view a partially destroyed AIRCRAFT HANGER, full of half destroyed jets-during a sunny day: “There seems to be some movement…we cant quite make out what’s happening-their strength is just incred”-it goes to static, as it does, the picture goes to black.
-Warner Brothers Logo appears across the screen. A hint at foreboding music.
-A different voice, deeper, older, as we get a picture of an abandoned, half destroyed city street at night… “We cant quite explain these events, the past few weeks have made us all into believers. What we do know now is-” the sound is gone. Static.
-D.C. Comics Logo blazes before us slowly
-Silence.
-TIGHT on a T.V. in a storefront window at night- a newscast plays. An empty desk. Suddenly, abruptly, a newsman; 45 rushed and unkempt; trembling. Fumbles with microphone. Unsettling. Shaking. Desperately trying to sound confident, he begins:
“Ladies and gentleman. If you are watching this, and are NOT taking shelter underground, we strongly urge you -ALL of you-everywhere-to do so IMMEDIATELY. Anywhere you can find."
(beat)
"At this hour, not much is clear. What we do know is that there are visitors on this planet, and that there is conflict between them-sections of New York City have been destroyed; parts of Metropolis. There has been some sort of activity in the Sahara. A great deal of Seoul, Korea, no longer exists.”
-All this man wants to do is cry. But hes a pro. We realize NOW that we have slowly PUSHING in on the t.v. screen, so much so that we cannot see its edge any more. He continues:
-“Only weeks ago, this report would have seemed…ludicrous. Aliens…using Earth as a battleground.”
-He calms, but, with growing venom: “But…that was before Superman. (a pause-audience goes “Superman?!?”- he continues “It turns out our faith in his kind may have been…naïve. Premature. Perhaps, given the state of the world, simply desperate.” He pauses-voices off screen- the Music that had been building ERUPTS as the man freaks at what he hears-makes a move-RUMBLING-the desk is RIPPED upwards-and the screen goes static. The music comes to a SCREECHING halt.
-Surrounded by rubble in the middle of a Metropolis street at night, GENERAL ZOD-badass dressed in black, ozzing evil-glares past us. A motionless body, wounded, bloodied, lies in a crater opposite him. Rises. Pan up and around from his fit tp his iconic suit to the face, hurt, but determined, Cavils classic blue eyes blazing with determination: the is a Superman we've never seen on film, yet the kind we‘ve always imagined. He's bruised and bloodied, but ready for a fight. The music stops, as he growls: “Miss me?” (as the audience shakes their heads with thunderous "yes we have to hell with spidey!!")
-The music erupts again, fast paced, epic-WE GET IT: SERIOUS, HUGE SCALE SUPERMAN!
-NEXT SUMMER
-Quick-as in ½ second shot each-shots of:
*Superman looking up the in the fortress of Solitude
-Superman flies up into the screen from the Daily Planety roof at night, an instant money shot
-LOOK
-Lois Lane looks skyward while on the a tower balcony at night
-A crashing helicopter spins wildly past us
-TO
*Lex Luthor snarls past us
-THE
*Jor-el looks angry
-Superman soars past us blindly
-SKY
-Silence.
-Shot of Havoc, almost enjoying himself:
-Black screen, as he hisses: “Cry for me, ‘Super' man”.
-Day time in Metropolis, 100 stories up; random skyscrapers visible-Superman and Zod, wrestling in midair at 60 mph, spinning blindly. They swerve to avoid building-but CRASH right into a building-we pan around as they crash out the other side, concrete and wood spewing everywhere, and slam into the camera-
-SUPERMAN
-SUMMER 2012
amaz

R.I.P. Heath
Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #42
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ1GbBlS9wM
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I would love to hear 3:01 - 3:32, maybe near the end of a teaser. Make it a montage of various shots, Superman up above the clouds, in front of the sun, him struggling etc.

Among other things, it would be awesome if the trailer incorporated a slo-mo, sideways, slightly silhouetted shot of Jor-El and Lara embracing and kissing each other, with Krypton in the background being destroyed. Something along the lines of the "Superman: Birthright" scene that someone in the "Father/Son Moments" posted:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...60&postcount=3

Given Zack Snyder's past filmography, I can imagine him executing a shot like that really beautifully.
I had suggested "To Glory" in the soundtrack thread, I definitely think it'd be the perfect track for a Superman trailer.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #43
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

They will have a simple teaser debut with TDKRises;

"Christopher Nolan presents"

"A Zach Snyder Film"

*cue music

"Starring Henry Cavill as"

\S/

"Christmas 2011"

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #44
Project862006
Banned User

who knows Snyder's teaser's are always epic but he has used rock like songs in all of them tho

Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #45
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Teaser trailer.

No WB. No Legendary. No DC logo.

A shot taken from above the earth.. The Earth fills the screen, silence.
Gradually sound builds up, no music just an audio assault on the senses, radio crackles, traffic, voices... Then a scream.

A point of view shot as the camera zooms down to Earth in real time, bursting through the clouds heading toward a city street.

A loud crash as we see an arm reach out (dressed in a tight fitting blue).. His hand inbedded in the grill of a huge truck.
The camera points at the face of a young child awestruck, reflected in her eyes is the familiar \S/...
Her hair is blown about as if she's been hit by a gust of wind as we hear our hero take to the skies.. The camera pans back as we see the child (now in slow mo) standing in a street, the huge truck stopped dead in front of her, her mother running toward her crying.
Back to the child.. She wipes a tear from her eye and looks up.. Silently she mouths "thank you".

Fade to black. Huge \S/. 12.12.12.

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Old 02-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #46
sf2
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WVlmNqMMs
this is nicely done!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #47
04nbod
I need to debrief you

People are forgetting that by the time HP comes out there will be very little footage and nothing finished. Something should be there but I'm leaning to advertising Batman for June and Superman for December 2012 in one trailer.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #48
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

one thing I would really like to see in the teaser is an epic shirt rip

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #49
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
Teaser trailer.

No WB. No Legendary. No DC logo.

A shot taken from above the earth.. The Earth fills the screen, silence.
Gradually sound builds up, no music just an audio assault on the senses, radio crackles, traffic, voices... Then a scream.

A point of view shot as the camera zooms down to Earth in real time, bursting through the clouds heading toward a city street.

A loud crash as we see an arm reach out (dressed in a tight fitting blue).. His hand inbedded in the grill of a huge truck.
The camera points at the face of a young child awestruck, reflected in her eyes is the familiar \S/...
Her hair is blown about as if she's been hit by a gust of wind as we hear our hero take to the skies.. The camera pans back as we see the child (now in slow mo) standing in a street, the huge truck stopped dead in front of her, her mother running toward her crying.
Back to the child.. She wipes a tear from her eye and looks up.. Silently she mouths "thank you".

Fade to black. Huge \S/. 12.12.12.
Very nice....

Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #50
kalelkilla
Side-Kick

The trailer's and teaser's for Superman Returns with the music was the best thing about that movie, I think whoever edited those trailers did a perfect job, with this new movie however, I am sure they are going to show Superman kicking tail from the get go, much more testosterone filled action sequences to just let people know from the get go that this is not a Superman Returns sequel.

Closed Thread