Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #76
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
The 300 teaser was awesome as well

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In fact, screw it, even sucker punch had a pretty cool teaser!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There is no doubt Snyder can conjure up spectacular teaser trailers.

I think the Man Of Steel teaser trailer and trailers will be awesome as well.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #77
Naite22
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread

Quote:
Personally I'd love a teaser starting with Lois Lane interviewing one of the oil rig workers in Alaska.

We see them as she asks him to tell her what happened out there, then as the man starts to describe, we get flashes of the chaos on board the oil rig as whatever distaster starts to unfold.

Cut back to the interview, with Lois waiting expectantly and the man pausing as though still in shock.

Then have him go on to describe in awe how this man stepped in and single handedly averted it, as we get flashes of the action on board with bearded Superman saving the day.

He finishes with a line like 'It's just not humanly possible,' and then Lois asks something like 'Well what else could he be?'

Cut to a flash of Zod and Jor-el fighting, a flash of Jor-el and Lara holding their baby as the world shakes, a flash of the spaceship leaving Krypton, a flash of the planet exploding, a flash of the spaceship crash landing, a flash of Kevin Costner and Diane Lane getting getting out of their vehicle.

Not sure where to go from there, but you get the idea.
That's actually pretty damn badass!

Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #78
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
There is no doubt Snyder can conjure up spectacular teaser trailers.

I think the Man Of Steel teaser trailer and trailers will be awesome as well.
Snyder use to make commercials. I am not sure if you knew that, but that is how he got his start I believe. The few I've seen were pretty good. The General's Party commercial won him an award I think.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #79
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Personally I'd love a teaser starting with Lois Lane interviewing one of the oil rig workers in Alaska.

We see them as she asks him to tell her what happened out there, then as the man starts to describe, we get flashes of the chaos on board the oil rig as whatever distaster starts to unfold.

Cut back to the interview, with Lois waiting expectantly and the man pausing as though still in shock.

Then have him go on to describe in awe how this man stepped in and single handedly averted it, as we get flashes of the action on board with bearded Superman saving the day.

He finishes with a line like 'It's just not humanly possible,' and then Lois asks something like 'Well what else could he be?'

Cut to a flash of Zod and Jor-el fighting, a flash of Jor-el and Lara holding their baby as the world shakes, a flash of the spaceship leaving Krypton, a flash of the planet exploding, a flash of the spaceship crash landing, a flash of Kevin Costner and Diane Lane getting getting out of their vehicle.

Not sure where to go from there, but you get the idea.
That would be fantastic.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #80
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ghost View Post
I'm sure we'll get a pretty awesome (teaser) trailer.
Say what you want about Snyder , the guy knows how to make badass trailer.
My frikkin jaw dropped the moment i saw the first Watchmen footage.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
One of my favorite teaser trailers of all time.

Last edited by Marvel Spider; 11-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #81
moviedoors
Side-Kick

I dreamt I was watching the Man of Steel trailer last night and then chunks of the movie. I've officially been thinking about it too much. Screw you, wait-for-2013.

Last edited by moviedoors; 11-15-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #82
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
That's actually pretty damn badass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
That would be fantastic.
Cheers guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
I dreamt I was watching the Man of Steel trailer last night and then chunks of the movie. I've officially been thinking about it too much. Screw you, wait-for-2013.
Glad to know i'm not the only one

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #83
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I don't know about the rest of you but my dreams about the MOS have always had me waking up in cold sweats lol, and the weird thing is that I'm so optimistic about this movie "scratches head".....just doesnt make sense

Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #84
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I'm a girl

When I have a dream about Henry Cavill... Well... You can imagine

Old 11-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #85
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm a girl

Lol well im sure.......for me it's more like....intead of cavill being superman it's some guy we've never seen before and doesn't resemble anything that looks like superman.....or I'll have a dream that they cancelled MOS.... I need help....lol

Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #86
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Lol well im sure.......for me it's more like....intead of cavill being superman it's some guy we've never seen before and doesn't resemble anything that looks like superman.....or I'll have a dream that they cancelled MOS.... I need help....lol
Oh nightmares about MOS!

Well I did have one about finding out Billy Zane was the new Lex. I kid you not!

Man was I relieved when I woke up!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #87
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Nolan's Inception on all of you was successful, lol. That guy is a genius! By the time it actually comes out, I think the world will be going through the same thing. I know that I am. I'm not even a fan of Superman but am excited about this movie!

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #88
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I'm a girl

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #89
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I had a dream about Cavill last night as well. He served me muffins naked and then turned to Amy Adams but Cavill's head remained. Then I woke up.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #90
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh nightmares about MOS!

Well I did have one about finding out Billy Zane was the new Lex. I kid you not!

Man was I relieved when I woke up!
Lol.....that's gotta be scary

Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #91
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I had a dream about Cavill last night as well. He served me muffins naked and then turned to Amy Adams but Cavill's head remained. Then I woke up.
Why can't I have dreams like this?

I actually did have two MOS dreams in a row but now I can't remember anything about them. I think at least one was fairly unsettling, though.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #92
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

this thread is depressing since there probably won't be any teasers until next summer

Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #93
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

That makes sense. Because they want the first trailer to blow people away. They need the first trailer to show everything off. They need to impress people after Superman Returns &whats the perfect movie for the first Superman trailer ? The Dark Knight Rises of course. Although I am sure Comic Con & what not will get footage first

Last edited by Donut; 11-16-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #94
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Quote:
Do you mean his body turned around but his head remained looking at you? Sounds weird.

The only celebrity/actor to ever enter my dreams was Victoria Jackson from Saturday Night Live. We had sex. And its not like I was watching a re-run of SNL and saw her in a skit before I went to sleep. Nah, it was just...random. Filthy and random.

Anyway, as to the point of this thread, I think an effective teaser would be something that has a more kinectic energy to it. I rewatched the first SR teaser and it was sort of mellow.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #95
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

My dream about Cavill the other night was also food related. It was an Immortals style setting and I was a cook for the soldiers and he came to me all troubled and we snogged in the kitchens

And yes, I said snogged Don't you love British words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Anyway, as to the point of this thread, I think an effective teaser would be something that has a more kinectic energy to it. I rewatched the first SR teaser and it was sort of mellow.
Yeah I don't see what was great about that teaser personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
That makes sense. Because they want the first trailer to blow people away. They need the first trailer to show everything off. They need to impress people after Superman Returns &whats the perfect movie for the first Superman trailer ? The Dark Knight Rises of course. Although I am sure Comic Con & what not will get footage first
Is it bad that when I go to see The Dark Knight Rises next year, i'm probably going to be more excited about the MOS traile than the movie

*\S/T*
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #96
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Since we've gotten reports that we'll get our first teaser in 6 months, any more thoughts on what we might see based on what we know so far?

What focus are you hoping the trailer has?

Do you think we'll be able to gather much of the characterisation from it? At least in terms of Clark's?

Could there be a shirt rip in the trailer?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #97
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Since we've gotten reports that we'll get our first teaser in 6 months, any more thoughts on what we might see based on what we know so far?

What focus are you hoping the trailer has?

Do you think we'll be able to gather much of the characterisation from it? At least in terms of Clark's?

Could there be a shirt rip in the trailer?
I actually think that the first teaser may very well be like the one that you had created awhile back, with it showcasing on Lois arriving at a scene where Clark had just saved a bunch of people (Oil Rig) and where the teaser builds up to the mystery of what may have happened and who was responsible for saving them, before showing it to be Clark as we cut to fast cuts of things like Krypton and stuff.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #98
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I dont know how much the first teaser will actually be able to touch upon the character-driven aspect, but I hope the first full length trailer really focuses on the humanity in Clark as well as his inhuman heritage. The alien who wanted to be human sort of. Or the human who found out he was an alien.

And then the trailer opens up with eye-candy and what not and becomes a genuine Superman-trailer.

Yeah, I'd prefer trailers that start out less obvious centering on the characters and then revealing it is in fact a Superman-trailer.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #99
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was an Immortals style setting and I was a cook for the soldiers and he came to me all troubled and we snogged in the kitchens

And yes, I said snogged Don't you love British words

I just had to look that word up, not as bad as I thought it would be, considering it's you dreaming about Henry

Old 01-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #100
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

In all honesty, I still think that they should put a lot more footage into the first trailer/teaser than a film would normally do due to the fact that they would have finished filming, while having completed some of the effects by the time that the trailer is released.

Closed Thread