Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #26
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
rumor says july or august..I also heard june too, so who knows.
Apparently he has around 4 months of prep-time, so I'd say around June.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 AM   #27
rocco2216
Side-Kick

Yeah AICN is saying they film in 4 months so maybe.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #28
combocaz
Side-Kick

I just hope they keep the film modern. It just looks weird when you see the likes of things being used that are from back in the 50's-60's yet you see modern technology in other places.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #29
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
random question...has the topic of Superman's fingerprints ever been addressed? how does he get away with not wearing gloves? he leaves his fingerprints everywhere, undoubtedly someone would've matched it with Clark's.
What if Superman just doesnt have fingerprints?

Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #30
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

So were talking shooting in May then

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #31
bapi
Side-Kick

They'll start shooting in Vancouver on August 22.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #32
Mr. Earle
Banned User

So some sites say that the movie will have Clark in Africa trying to figure out what to do with his powers. God i hope we dont get another Smallville "ZOMG what do i do with my powers i'm so emo" crap.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
What if Superman just doesnt have fingerprints?
then how would the Kents ever get him a citizenship required to register him for school and/or obtain a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So some sites say that the movie will have Clark in Africa trying to figure out what to do with his powers. God i hope we dont get another Smallville "ZOMG what do i do with my powers i'm so emo" crap.
i don't think they'll be spending too much time on it. the way i see it, they're pulling a Batman Begins. the first third of the movie will probably be about his journey and decision to don the red cape. the 2nd third will be about his premiere and public appearance as Superman, and the last 3rd will be about him resolving whatever threat to Metropolis or the world is presented.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #34
GreenKToo
In the fire

IF Clark has any doubts about being Superman then i'd like it over and done with in just a few minutes..
I don't wanna see that struggle the whole film. Let him confront it and then move on, confident in who he is.
Besides, why in the he11 would he wanna be human..we're as fragile as egg shells. He already has the emotions we have, the only difference is he can't be physically harmed.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 01-31-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
then how would the Kents ever get him a citizenship required to register him for school and/or obtain a job?

i don't think they'll be spending too much time on it. the way i see it, they're pulling a Batman Begins. the first third of the movie will probably be about his journey and decision to don the red cape. the 2nd third will be about his premiere and public appearance as Superman, and the last 3rd will be about him resolving whatever threat to Metropolis or the world is presented.
I hope so.
Quote:
IF Clark has any doubts about being Superman then i'd like it over and done with in just a few minutes..
I don't wanna see that struggle the whole film. Let him confront it and then move on, confident in who he is.
Besides, why in the he11 would he wanna be human..we're as fragile as egg shells. He already has the emotions we have, the only difference is he can't be physically harmed.
Agreed.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #36
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Have you read Birthright? When he's in Africa, we see him decide exactly what he wants to do with his powers almost immediately. He just doesn't know how to do it. If they follow Birthright, he's already decided to be Superman a third of the way through the movie.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #37
Dark Knight
Banned User

Wow!

What a great time to be a Batman, Superman and Green Lantern fan isn't it?

Hardy is Bane, Hathaway as Catwoman, Cavill as Superman and more Green Lantern news will be heating up even more in the next few months, with a
2nd Trailer coming with Sucker Punch in March!

Good times and let's remember to enjoy the ride folks!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #38
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Not sure where to put this, but thought about a cast for the rest of our group to follow Cavill:

Me, personally I do NOT want to see Luthor until atleast the second movie, not even as a leading role!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #39
Dark Knight
Banned User

What about the release date?

I think the ideal release date should be Wednesday December 19th or Friday the 21st of 2012.

Basically the weekend before XMas.

The Superman film will be the MAIN attraction without a doubt with this release date, especially if WB's chooses to just push release date of The Hobbit Part 1 to Summer 2013.

By doing this, they would be setting the Man Of Steel film up for three solid and successful #1 Weekends in row at the Box Office due to school being out for Winter Holiday break for high school teens and college tweens. Plus adults usually take two weeks off as well for their winter vacation or end of the year Holiday break.

Potentially of course, the film could be #1 the weekend of the 21st, 28th and the 4th most likely.

Then momentum would simply keep building after that IF the film is any good that is. Plus the rewatch value will most likely be high.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #40
GreenKToo
In the fire

I agree. I wonder if snyder will have other music in it besides the score. seems like his thing.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #41
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
I'm pretty sure someone as fast as Superman, with the ability to enter anywhere, can easily fake this. Maybe he asked Batman for a fake id and fingerprints. Also, maybe he erases his fingerprints with heat vision everytime he performs an act.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #42
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Not sure where to put this, but thought about a cast for the rest of our group to follow Cavill:

Me, personally I do NOT want to see Luthor until atleast the second movie, not even as a leading role!
I don’t want Luthor to have a major role in the first movie but I do want to see him and I pray to God they handle his hatred for Supes perfectly. I want him to first be jealous, frustrated and then angry, I was his hatred and distrust for Superman to grow and grow over the periods of the films. And I want Luthor to refer to him simply as the alien.

Random Reported: Mr Luthor so what do you think of this Superman.

Lex *Stares at the reporter with hate in his eyes*

Lex Luthor: You mean the alien?

Me=Orgasmic, you hear that Nolan Orgasmic.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #43
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
I'm pretty sure someone as fast as Superman, with the ability to enter anywhere, can easily fake this. Maybe he asked Batman for a fake id and fingerprints. Also, maybe he erases his fingerprints with heat vision everytime he performs an act.
It seems to me that the kents would have had to have a friend that they trusted when clark was an infant..you have to have shot records to get in school, and a SS number. No way around that. Maybe a good friend that happened to be a family doctor?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #44
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
I agree. I wonder if snyder will have other music in it besides the score. seems like his thing.

Since it's a Nolan produced film.....I don't think Snyder will go with any rock music in the film.

I think Snyder will be aiming to make the best Superman film he can, by keeping the feel of it as EPIC as possible, with some fun light hearted moments and of course with intense kick ass action.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #45
Zachhelms
Word.

I hope that they keep a good atmosphere for Metropolis. Make it like a busier version of New York. My biggest complaint for Nolan's Batman series is that I don't think he had the right atmosphere for Gotham. I loved Gotham city in Batman Returns. I hope they make Metropolis seem like how it did in Superman Returns. <---My favorite thing about Superman Returns was Metropolis and the atmosphere.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #46
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Granted, that I'm not asking for a "chick flick" of a romance when it comes to Clark and Lois's relationship in this interpretation, but I am hoping that the producers/writers and everyone involved put a good treatment for this aspect since love them or hate, the romance between Clark/Superman and Lois has been considered an iconic one and shouldn't be played as something mundane and tame in this film imho.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #47
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Since it's a Nolan produced film.....I don't think Snyder will go with any rock music in the film.

I think Snyder will be aiming to make the best Superman film he can, by keeping the feel of it as EPIC as possible, with some fun light hearted moments and of course with intense kick ass action.
Being a Nolan produced film has nothing to do with it. Snyder won't put rock music in it because he isn't an idiot.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #48
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I also hope that Snyder doesn't make the mistake of adding a yellow color filter on the final product like Singer did; god that filter made everything seem so much darker and literally sucked the life of the film, or what was left of it.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #49
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachhelms View Post
I hope that they keep a good atmosphere for Metropolis. Make it like a busier version of New York. My biggest complaint for Nolan's Batman series is that I don't think he had the right atmosphere for Gotham. I loved Gotham city in Batman Returns. I hope they make Metropolis seem like how it did in Superman Returns. <---My favorite thing about Superman Returns was Metropolis and the atmosphere.
I'm right the opposite..I was let down by the SR Metropolis. I never got a sense that it was a '' metropolois''.
Anywho, here's hoping snyder gives us what we all want.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #50
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Tron had a Christmas release what kind of numbers did that do?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Closed Thread