Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #101
rocco2216
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
With Naomi watts and Eva Green bring confirmed for roles.
But didn't they audition at least?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #102
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Snyder View Post
It will likely still be Man of Steel. If there is a thread asking what to call the film that is the repeated name. 99% of the time. 1% left for unfunny attempts at title jokes.

Yeah, I hope the final title of the film will be just "THE MAN OF STEEL"

I hope WB's execs do not interfere and insist they add Superman in the title.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #103
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Are there any Football fans around here? Does anyone think Tedy Bruschi kind of reminds them of Clark Kent/Superman. I mean off the field he's so mild manner, and even plays instrumental saxophone with band geeks, then on the field he's this aggressive fighter. I have no idea why this occurred to me it just did.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #104
nouan
Banned User

Say, if Superman fights another Kryptonian in the movie, does he get out of breath? I mean wouldn't it then be same as if two mortals were fighting, you get injured and out of breath. That would make him atleast more relatable in some ways.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #105
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouan View Post
Say, if Superman fights another Kryptonian in the movie, does he get out of breath? I mean wouldn't it then be same as if two mortals were fighting, you get injured and out of breath. That would make him atleast more relatable in some ways.
I wouldn't mind seeing that...Superman needs to fight a villain that will tire him out, wear him down, beat him down...not just mess with his head

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #106
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Are there any Football fans around here? Does anyone think Tedy Bruschi kind of reminds them of Clark Kent/Superman. I mean off the field he's so mild manner, and even plays instrumental saxophone with band geeks, then on the field he's this aggressive fighter. I have no idea why this occurred to me it just did.
haha That is kinda funny. He could pass for a Dean Cain Superman in the looks department

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouan View Post
Good point and something and he has shown fatigue in battle with other super beings

Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #107
nouan
Banned User

Yeah, it would have more dramatic impact, too see him struggle a bit. The thing that I really liked about that fan film Batman - Dead End, was when Joker hit Batman, Batman spat blood. It made it more realistic and kinda badass too. The way he just shrugged that hit off that way.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #108
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

yeah Supes needs a enemy he has to struggle against

Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #109
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Agreed like that a Rocky fight lol

Old 02-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #110
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Agreed like that a Rocky fight lol
maybe get beat the first time around like Clubber Lang and come back to win!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #111
The Shield
It's really Happening!

That was a real beat down too lol But lets agree that he should still put up a good fight but not be able over power him in the first battle(s). Maybe have to use his intelligence for once.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #112
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I can see Supes smacking the ol' punching bag around in the Fortress getting ready for that rematch

Old 02-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #113
The Shield
It's really Happening!

hahaha... Que the training music

Old 02-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #114
sf2
Side-Kick

anyone know about the budget for the movie?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #115
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
$2.00

i'm being sarcastic obviously...I could see it being around $100 million seeing that Sucker Punch was $85 million. They would want to give Superman a bit of a budget increase. Although, from what trailers I've seen of Sucker Punch, it looks pretty good visually speaking, with a budget of $85 million so we may see the Superman budget being somewhere around that price range.

Plus, Sucker Punch is a WB and Legendary Pictures deal...so that's what makes me think that price range is feasible.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #116
GreenKToo
In the fire

I don't know how accurate it was, but a figure of 175 mill was thrown around not long ago..don't ask me what article or where, I just remember reading it.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #117
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'm in an office right now and heard something that seriously bothered me and was wondering if anyone here agrees with them (if so, why?).

The gist of what they said:
"Superman has no emotional weight. His parents died, but so what? That was another planet - he didn't know them. It wouldn't impact him."

Reason this aggravates me to no end:
I have the same back story (a child from a third world country sent away from a dangerous land to live among an aging farm couple) and it does impact me (I'm not 'emo' over it, but it does leave a mark). It's like being adopted and losing your birth parents is shrugged off whereas someone having a parent die young is "oh my god, I'm so sorry." It's a whole double standard, but that's a different matter altogether.

SMALLVILLE handled this perfectly in showing how much of a struggle this would be. Superman offers hope in all measures of the word as an outsider - one form of that is to adoptees who can relate to his journey. Is it that this struggle hasn't been properly shown in Superman films before or is it just an overall view (never knowing your birth parents - no biggie)? If so, why?

Basically: Do you agree that Superman has no emotional arc because he has "no difficulties" (losing his parents' 'no a big deal')?

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-15-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #118
Octoberist
point blank

I really think Superman is a very misunderstood character. He's a puzzle: The epitome of the Golden Age of comic books stuck in modern times.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #119
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Wasn't Collider supposed to have some Superman news like a week back or so?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #120
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Wasn't Collider supposed to have some Superman news like a week back or so?
Frosty might not have been able to get a second source.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Old 02-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #121
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I'm in an office right now and heard something that seriously bothered me and was wondering if anyone here agrees with them (if so, why?).

The gist of what they said:
"Superman has no emotional weight. His parents died, but so what? That was another planet - he didn't know them. It wouldn't impact him."

Reason this aggravates me to no end:
I have the same back story (a child from a third world country sent away from a dangerous land to live among an aging farm couple) and it does impact me (I'm not 'emo' over it, but it does leave a mark). It's like being adopted and losing your birth parents is shrugged off whereas someone having a parent die young is "oh my god, I'm so sorry." It's a whole double standard, but that's a different matter altogether.

SMALLVILLE handled this perfectly in showing how much of a struggle this would be. Superman offers hope in all measures of the word as an outsider - one form of that is to adoptees who can relate to his journey. Is it that this struggle hasn't been properly shown in Superman films before or is it just an overall view (never knowing your birth parents - no biggie)? If so, why?

Basically: Do you agree that Superman has no emotional arc because he has "no difficulties" (losing his parents' 'no a big deal')?
Not in the slightest. I don't think anyone who believes that a character can't be interesting without having a dark past or tragedies should ever become an author/writer/director. It's just the same as people saying Batman is better because he's dark or a bad ass.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #122
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I'm thinking 175-200 million. If WB didn't score such a good team then they would be more cautious but now they need to go in with guns blazing. The script sounds like it has a few foreign shoots and they need the best effects team. Plus Cavill's gonna need a lot of protein shakes and 5 months of personal training before production.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #123
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
I'm thinking 175-200 million. If WB didn't score such a good team then they would be more cautious but now they need to go in with guns blazing. The script sounds like it has a few foreign shoots and they need the best effects team. Plus Cavill's gonna need a lot of protein shakes and 5 months of personal training before production.
btw what was the cost for SR? was it 250 mil?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #124
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I really think Superman is a very misunderstood character. He's a puzzle: The epitome of the Golden Age of comic books stuck in modern times.
Because a lot of fans won't let him change. They act as if its an affront to the character to take the underwear out of his costume or lose the S curl. The lack of effective reinvention in the source material has made him a paternal character rather than an aspiration.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #125
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Because a lot of fans won't let him change. They act as if its an affront to the character to take the underwear out of his costume or lose the S curl. The lack of effective reinvention in the source material has made him a paternal character rather than an aspiration.
??? taking away the underwear, the S curl will make him an aspiration???
weird logic.

there are a lot super power hero movies todays. but u don't call them Superman.

because Superman is the one with the \S/ shield on his chest, wearing red underwear and with the S haircurl. those are his identity. his trademark, where the money is.

the aspiration comes from the story, friend. blame the script writer.

Closed Thread