The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

If the threads I'm in that have been switched over are any indication, this new small thread rule is just going to drive posting up!

Seriously, when's the last time Flagons has been this busy?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

If the threads I'm in that have been switched over are any indication, this new small thread rule is just going to drive posting up!

Seriously, when's the last time Flagons has been this busy?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #28
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I don't know, but triple posts aren't helping.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #29
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm bringing this new system to it's knees!

Fight the power!!!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I say the Bat forums just get made into their own site. That will solve every problem.

Or just burning them.

Either one.

But I prefer option B.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #31
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

While we're on the subject, many of us are fans of the Secret Six series, yes? Definitely one of the best team books in recent memory, and due in no small part to Simone's development of the characters.

Now, how close to the third Batman movie do you think Bane will start popping up in all the Bat-titles and much of what Gail has made him into in Secret Six will be ignored?

SenseiofCheese is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I want to say Cornell is friends with Simone, but I could be thinking of someone else. Either way, I trust Cornell with B&R if Bane shows up. (Oh **** me, I just realized that Bane could be in 'Batman & Robin'...again!)

Morrison...could either be epically good or epically bad (somehow, he can even manage to pull off both)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #33
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,443
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post

Now, how close to the third Batman movie do you think Bane will start popping up in all the Bat-titles and much of what Gail has made him into in Secret Six will be ignored?
With Morrison at the helm of the bat-franchise, you can never tell. He might pop up, but you never know. Joker wasn't really crammed down everyone's throats in the comics post TDK, but there was that mini-series where the guy did a Joker story with a very TDKesque Joker.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #34
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I blame the Bat***** crazy Batfans for this...

...

...ok and maybe the Canadians had something to do with it. What, with their 'eh's and their 'aboot's. Makes me sick.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #35
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
While we're on the subject, many of us are fans of the Secret Six series, yes? Definitely one of the best team books in recent memory, and due in no small part to Simone's development of the characters.

Now, how close to the third Batman movie do you think Bane will start popping up in all the Bat-titles and much of what Gail has made him into in Secret Six will be ignored?
Personally, I'm hoping more emphasis will be put towards Bane's past than his present. His Secret Six stint is enough to gratify the character through continuing adventures, but there are alot of great Batman stories from the early-to-mid nineties that have largely been ignored because there hasn't been any new editions of them of recent memory. Vengeance of Bane I and II, a more complete Knightfall collection, Legacy, his return in Legends of The Dark Knight (which is 2000's, but I digress), and others could really benefit from a re-release.

Now, a new mini-series by a talented writer and artist certainly wouldn't hurt. Like Byrd mentioned, both The Joker and Two-Face got such treatment through Brian Azzarello's Joker and Mark Sable's Two-Face Year One. So for Bane and Catwoman to get the same, or perhaps even better quality of mini-series' would be quite cool. But I don't think Bane's portrayal in current continuity gets much better than under Gail Simone's masterful characterization.

Batman is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #36
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

It appears the thread limit's been bumped to 5000 posts. YAY.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #37
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

The rebellion is still going on though. We will not stop until the machines are gone.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #38
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Good luck fighting robots that can't feel pain, don't have compassion, and can interface with any electronic device to track and destroy you.

*eyes blink red*


__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #39
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

*decapitates Syn just in case*

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #40
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Thanks for killing my LMD, SF. You owe me.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #41
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

*decapitates the other Syn, just in case-er*

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #42
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo



...


__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #43
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

*decapitates MB's goats*

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #44
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,443
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

SF has become John Conner....God help us all.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #45
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

*shoots Syn in the face*

Oh, wait. Syn was a robot?!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #46
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
*decapitates MB's goats*


No...


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Batman is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #47
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

You mean you don't go to that Japanese restaurant where you pick out the animal, **** it, then eat it? They did have goats on the menu.



And, yes, it was a real place before it was shutdown.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #48
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Don't mock my attempts to break onto the fast food scene.

That's just rubbing salt in the wound.

Batman is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #49
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hey. You just gotta try again, man. Live the dream!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #50
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Personally, I'm hoping more emphasis will be put towards Bane's past than his present. His Secret Six stint is enough to gratify the character through continuing adventures, but there are alot of great Batman stories from the early-to-mid nineties that have largely been ignored because there hasn't been any new editions of them of recent memory. Vengeance of Bane I and II, a more complete Knightfall collection, Legacy, his return in Legends of The Dark Knight (which is 2000's, but I digress), and others could really benefit from a re-release.

Now, a new mini-series by a talented writer and artist certainly wouldn't hurt. Like Byrd mentioned, both The Joker and Two-Face got such treatment through Brian Azzarello's Joker and Mark Sable's Two-Face Year One. So for Bane and Catwoman to get the same, or perhaps even better quality of mini-series' would be quite cool. But I don't think Bane's portrayal in current continuity gets much better than under Gail Simone's masterful characterization.
Re-releasing Legacy would be such a bittersweet victory, since it's a great story and has been out of print for a good while now (maybe collect the Bane of the Demon miniseries as a TPB as well), but I might cry a little if they did that because I went to great lengths over a period of several years to track down each individual issue of that storyarc.

What would be really great is if we could see Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan reuniting for a new spotlight or something like that for Bane (Vengeance of Bane III, perhaps? ).

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.