The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #51
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,268
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I really wish that would happen. Dixon's one of my top five favorite Batman writers ever, but the way that he left DC seemed to indicate that he had clashed with the company mid-way through his run on Batman & The Outsiders, so the idea of his return doesn't seem likely.

Batman is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #52
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,497
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

**** you, Spike!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-play-superman

Looks like you got your wish, you ****ing Canuck!

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #53
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,268
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
**** you, Spike!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-play-superman

Looks like you got your wish, you ****ing Canuck!
Wow, that didn't even come to mind when I heard about it.

Yeah, between this and Bane being the next Batman villain, Spike's probably doing cartwheels all over British Columbia.

Batman is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #54
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

^^^Sounds good to me.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #55
Saved
SynTheMerc
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,795
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Wow, that didn't even come to mind when I heard about it.

Yeah, between this and Bane being the next Batman villain, Spike's probably doing cartwheels all over British Columbia.
I think he's the reason it's all happening.

Spike, your next mission: Get Beast Wars back on the air.

__________________
"Anything Worthwhile is Perishable."
Saved is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #56
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Don't forget that I also got Duke Nukem Forever back on track!

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #57
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm right there with Spike though...I've wanted him for Supes since I first saw him in The Tudors

NiteMare Shape is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #58
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Don't forget that I also got Duke Nukem Forever back on track!
how so?

Because we all know that Duke was so fed up with the wait, that he spontaneously brought himself to life and finished the game on his own.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #59
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

show my post Hype!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #60
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

show my post Hype!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #61
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

That triple post was for doubting my powers.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ha! Shows what you know. That was only a double post. The second post was complaining about the Hype not showing my first post, hoping that it would show my first post.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 01-30-2011 at 10:01 PM.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #63
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

It's only a double post because I erased the third one before you saw it.

I am King of the Internet!

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #64
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Man, the Super Bowl commercials sucked this year. But the game was great.

Rain Dog is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #65
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Man, the Super Bowl commercials sucked this year. But the game was great.
I thought there was a good amount of funny commercials.

And the Captain America and Thor commercials were good.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #66
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Cap just wasn't long enough.

There were only maybe a half dozen funny commercials, and even they weren't that funny. The Vader one cracked me up the most. The way the kid sold his reaction at the end made it all the better.

This was probably the worst year for Superbowl commercials that I can remember. Was it me, or did car companies use all that bailout money just for this?

Really, everything about the game, except the actual game, was pretty bad.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #67
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Cap just wasn't long enough.
Agreed.

It was nice to finally see Red Skull, and Cap as the skinny soldier he starts out as.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #68
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, skinny Evans looked freaky good.


...that didn't come out right.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #69
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #70
Saved
SynTheMerc
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,795
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

It's a 'reset' year, Wieg. Now everyone's expectations have been lowered so next year, mediocre commercials will seem fantastic.

That being said, all the tv spots for the films were great.

__________________
"Anything Worthwhile is Perishable."
Saved is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

A reset year? What does that even mean?

You'd think with the possibility of there not being a Superbowl next year that everyone would be at the top of their game. But the commercials were either overly dramatic, or the humor completely out of place and not fitting with the product being sold. There were tons of technical problems and screwups, a brutal half time show, and bland commentary.

Luckily it was a good game.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #72
Saved
SynTheMerc
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,795
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
A reset year? What does that even mean?
It was a joke ... there is no such thing.

My point was simply that, if this year's half time show and commercials were really bad, anything else would have to be good.
Quote:
You'd think with the possibility of there not being a Superbowl next year that everyone would be at the top of their game. But the commercials were either overly dramatic, or the humor completely out of place and not fitting with the product being sold. There were tons of technical problems and screwups, a brutal half time show, and bland commentary.

Luckily it was a good game.
Maybe companies have lost touch with their consumers? Well, the companies who bought 3 Million dollar tv slots, anyway.

__________________
"Anything Worthwhile is Perishable."
Saved is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #73
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,991
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, I found the commercials to be a bit flat. A few too many relied on slapstick, which was good for a cheap laugh but definitely not memorable. Even the VW Vader, which everyone seems to love, didn't really strike a cord with me. Thought it was cute, but it really did nothing for me. And it may be time for a reset on the E-Trade baby.

Eddie Brock is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #74
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I thought Vader was the best of the commercials. It got the biggest laugh out of me, it's one of the few I remember, and it's the only one I've cared to watch again.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 34,000
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

If the kid Vader commercial was a Superbowl ad, how come I saw it about a week ago?

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.