The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #76
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
If the kid Vader commercial was a Superbowl ad, how come I saw it about a week ago?
I saw a teaser about a week ago. But it was just the part where he's walking down the hallway. Not the whole thing.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #77
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,613
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I saw the whole thing. Had no idea it was a Superbowl ad.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #78
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Because for some reason, people thought it'd be wise to release ads online way before the actual game. Were it not for the Cap and Thor TV spots, I wouldn't have even paid attention - the little of it that was good was already made available.

Batman is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #79
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Because for some reason, people thought it'd be wise to release ads online way before the actual game. Were it not for the Cap and Thor TV spots, I wouldn't have even paid attention - the little of it that was good was already made available.
Which begs the questions, "if you were going to pre-release them ... why did you waste 3 Million dollars for a specific time slot?"

Disposable income must be nice.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #80
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Like I said, I guess we know where all the stimulus money went.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #81
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,613
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

It is. Thanks for noticing.

*lights a cigar with a burning orphan*

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #82
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Now that's how you deal with the surplus population

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #83
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,613
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I raided Byrd's Orphan Cabinet. I figure he won't notice.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #84
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

He puts barcodes on those kids for a reason.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #85
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Okay, so not gonna lie, the trailer for First Class is pretty awesome looking.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #86
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I found it to be a heaping, steaming pile of "meh," personally. It didn't really affect my opinion on the film - which, I guess, is a good thing because I didn't hate the trailer, but is also a bad thing because I hate the film. But I didn't really expect the trailer to change my mind, so it was...meh. *shrug*

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #87
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
I found it to be a heaping, steaming pile of "meh," personally. It didn't really affect my opinion on the film - which, I guess, is a good thing because I didn't hate the trailer, but is also a bad thing because I hate the film. But I didn't really expect the trailer to change my mind, so it was...meh. *shrug*

I was dead set on this sucking from the get go. Then they picked Vaughn to direct, and my suck warning lowered a little. And then they picked a superb cast and it lowered more. Then I saw the trailer, which I think is superb, and now I'm planning on seeing it.

It has to be better than X3, right?

...

Right?

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #88
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I honestly thought the best part about that trailer was the music. If I look at the movie as completely its own thing, I might enjoy it from what I've seen in the trailer. Even still, I'll have to hear/see more before I decide whether or not I'll actually go to theaters to see it.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #89
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn (Mercenary) View Post
If I look at the movie as completely its own thing
That's the way I'm trying to look at it. As a completely separate entity from the previous movies.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #90
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I thought it was pretty cool. Really cool, infact, in a way that I haven't felt since I saw X2 for the first time.

To be honest, I don't get the widespread criticism that the film gets at this point... whether it's the complaint that it doesn't feature the original X-Men lineup, none of whom would fit within the timeline of Xavier and Magneto's age during their falling out aside from Beast, or that it features too many mutants, which has always been kind of the point of the X-Men brand. Teams versus teams, mutants at war with one another.

I like how the film is basically going out of it's way to say "Look, this is the first X-Men mission. This is the trial and error that Xavier has to go through to be a better teacher to the future members. He can't just go off and preach a message of peace without experiencing what Erik's way would bring the world."

Batman is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #91
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I was dead set on this sucking from the get go. Then they picked Vaughn to direct, and my suck warning lowered a little. And then they picked a superb cast and it lowered more. Then I saw the trailer, which I think is superb, and now I'm planning on seeing it.

It has to be better than X3, right?

...

Right?
The trailer for X3 looked awesome too...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #92
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The trailer for X3 looked awesome too...
...and wieg wins the internet.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #93
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I thought it was pretty cool. Really cool, infact, in a way that I haven't felt since I saw X2 for the first time.

To be honest, I don't get the widespread criticism that the film gets at this point... whether it's the complaint that it doesn't feature the original X-Men lineup, none of whom would fit within the timeline of Xavier and Magneto's age during their falling out aside from Beast, or that it features too many mutants, which has always been kind of the point of the X-Men brand. Teams versus teams, mutants at war with one another.

I like how the film is basically going out of it's way to say "Look, this is the first X-Men mission. This is the trial and error that Xavier has to go through to be a better teacher to the future members. He can't just go off and preach a message of peace without experiencing what Erik's way would bring the world."
I agree.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #94
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,613
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

X3 is still my favorite X-Men film.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #95
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

X3 was one of those movies that I really liked in the theater. But fell apart as I thought more about it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #96
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
X3 was one of those movies that I really liked in the theater. But fell apart as I thought more about it.
I felt that way about Crystal Skull. But I think that was due to denial about a bad Indiana Jones movie.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #97
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I will admit:

First Class Mags helmet > X-Trilogy Mags helmet.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #98
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'll go see First Class. What the hell, why not? I saw The Spirit in the theater, so the bar has been set that low.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #99
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,613
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I felt that way about Crystal Skull. But I think that was due to denial about a bad Indiana Jones movie.
I've never seen a bad Indiana Jones movie.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #100
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

The trailer makes it look better than I thought it would be, but I'm still gonna wait for more info/reviews before I decide if I'm gonna see it.

Rain Dog is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.