The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #51
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,765
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

True, Fox may not be the best studio in the world, but try and give the filmmakers a little credit. Or better yet see the film before condemning it

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaJava View Post
Let's fact check, ladies:
- A Twilight actor was sought to play a role
So what, he wasn't the only actor sought after.
Quote:
- "First Class" was originally called "Young Mutants"
Sounds like a mix of the comic titles 'New Mutants' and 'Young X-Men'
Quote:
- Supporting cast are all portrayed as students
The Xavier Academy is a school
Quote:
- The original, working script was mocked up by the creator of Gossip Girl
You mean the script that was thrown out?
Quote:
Bring on the mopey, hormonal teenagers, and awkward, contrived romances.


Last edited by Majik1387; 01-25-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Majik1387 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #53
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,259
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

This movie was never ever at any point called "Young Mutants".

JP is online now  
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #54
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,235
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

You do realize they were young actors in EVERY OTHER X-MEN MOVIE right?

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #55
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 4,396
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
You just described the X-Men. Mopey about the world hating them for being born. Hormonal as all hell. Teenagers have been all over the comic since the 1960's. And you wanna talk about contrived romances?

*ahem*

Scott dated Jean. Jean died, so Scott dated Madelyne. Jean came back, so Scott left Madelyne. Madelyne got back at Scott by sleeping with his brother Alex. Madelyne died. Madelyne came back and dated her alternate universe son Nate. Jean married Scott, but made eyes at Logan the whole time. Scott left Jean for Emma. Emma dated Bobby. Bobby dated Lorna. Lorna dated and almost married Alex.

Gossip Girl ain't got **** on the X-Men.
hehe...nicely put, Manic.

__________________
Wolverine: "I got one. Domino or Psylocke?"

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
javi1024 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #56
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,080
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaJava View Post
Let's fact check, ladies:

- A Twilight actor was sought to play a role
- "First Class" was originally called "Young Mutants"
- Supporting cast are all portrayed as students
- The original, working script was mocked up by the creator of Gossip Girl

Bring on the mopey, hormonal teenagers, and awkward, contrived romances.
A Twilight actor was in the Harry Potter movies. Does that make them just like Twilight? (answer: no)

Can't believe people are flipping out about this. Oh wait a minute. Yes, I can.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #57
The Mast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 97
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
True, Fox may not be the best studio in the world, but try and give the filmmakers a little credit. Or better yet see the film before condemning it
I wouldn't condemn the film before seeing it, I'm condemning and boycotting what I consider to be a studio who continually mismanage this franchise and these characters.

I didn't like X-Men, but I gave them a shot with X-Men 2. The Nightcrawler scene was breathtaking, but that movie was lame too. I saw X-Men 3 because a friend paid for my ticket and the fact that I didn't pay couldn't even save me from feeling screwed.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a gigantic cluster***** and I don't see this being much better. They are spending millions and millions on these movies, they think we'll all keep paying if they keep trying.

What they need to be shown is that they've had their shot and they've failed.

If a movie sucks for one and a half of it's two hour span, can you be blamed for thinking it won't justify itself in the final half hour, and walking out? Fox have, depending on your opinion, given us not ONE good Marvel movie. I don't think so, anyway.

I totally accept that changes and stuff happen in adaptations, but how are you going to have X-Men: FIRST Class with the brother of Cyclops, but no Cyclops? How are you going to have Emma Frost and Magneto?

Magneto is wearing a uniform that looks like he stole it from a team of skydivers, and a helmet five sizes too big.

That is not the mythos of the X-Men, I'm sorry, but it's not. I can understand Xavier and Eric working together before he makes the X-Men, but not after or during. This is just one giant piss-take and, personally, I will not be told to "let go" of something that is so monumentally wrong.

They've got two characters in there who debuted in the year 2001 (Angel Salvatore, if I remember correctly) and 2003 (Azazel, if I recall). That's just not cool. They would have had a hard enough time convincing people to have faith if they'd kept it in continuity with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but now they're including people that even people who read the comics don't necessarily give a **** about.

This whole X-Men franchise is just a diabolical wreck.

All I can do is vote with my money, and I hope people will do the same. People are saying we shouldn't judge until we see it, but that's the problem, isn't it? You're already guaranteeing you'll see it. Whether it's awful or ok, it's not going to be the movie the X-Men deserve, is it? So, people should be showing Fox that their time is up and that they need to let the rights go.

The Mast is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #58
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,417
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

There's a difference between boycotting the film for the reasons you just listed and mindless fanboys screaming bloody murder because of their inability to properly interpret an interview.

BMM is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #59
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,765
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
I wouldn't condemn the film before seeing it, I'm condemning and boycotting what I consider to be a studio who continually mismanage this franchise and these characters.

I didn't like X-Men, but I gave them a shot with X-Men 2. The Nightcrawler scene was breathtaking, but that movie was lame too. I saw X-Men 3 because a friend paid for my ticket and the fact that I didn't pay couldn't even save me from feeling screwed.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a gigantic cluster***** and I don't see this being much better. They are spending millions and millions on these movies, they think we'll all keep paying if they keep trying.

What they need to be shown is that they've had their shot and they've failed.

If a movie sucks for one and a half of it's two hour span, can you be blamed for thinking it won't justify itself in the final half hour, and walking out? Fox have, depending on your opinion, given us not ONE good Marvel movie. I don't think so, anyway.

I totally accept that changes and stuff happen in adaptations, but how are you going to have X-Men: FIRST Class with the brother of Cyclops, but no Cyclops? How are you going to have Emma Frost and Magneto?

Magneto is wearing a uniform that looks like he stole it from a team of skydivers, and a helmet five sizes too big.

That is not the mythos of the X-Men, I'm sorry, but it's not. I can understand Xavier and Eric working together before he makes the X-Men, but not after or during. This is just one giant piss-take and, personally, I will not be told to "let go" of something that is so monumentally wrong.

They've got two characters in there who debuted in the year 2001 (Angel Salvatore, if I remember correctly) and 2003 (Azazel, if I recall). That's just not cool. They would have had a hard enough time convincing people to have faith if they'd kept it in continuity with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but now they're including people that even people who read the comics don't necessarily give a **** about.

This whole X-Men franchise is just a diabolical wreck.

All I can do is vote with my money, and I hope people will do the same. People are saying we shouldn't judge until we see it, but that's the problem, isn't it? You're already guaranteeing you'll see it. Whether it's awful or ok, it's not going to be the movie the X-Men deserve, is it? So, people should be showing Fox that their time is up and that they need to let the rights go.
Then don't go. That simple. But have respect enough for those of us that want to see it. I don't see why you and others with the same mindset keep popping onto a thread about the film to keep saying the same lame ass argument that people have been stating for, what, 4 films now. We get it, they're not perfect, they're not comic accurate, but they're popular and if the general public likes em and goes to em then they will keep being made. These movies are made for everyone, not just the fans who have read the comics and are in love with the mythos (myself included). The studio does what works. Wolverine and Storm will take front and center because they're popular, not because it's comic accurate. Azazel is no doubt in the movie just to be a bit of visual candy. If you have disliked the X-movies from square one, why do you insist upon coming onto a forum to let us know that this movie will be an epic failure and insinuating that we're all fools for going and seeing them. *rant over*

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #60
The Mast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 97
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Then don't go. That simple. But have respect enough for those of us that want to see it. I don't see why you and others with the same mindset keep popping onto a thread about the film to keep saying the same lame ass argument that people have been stating for, what, 4 films now. We get it, they're not perfect, they're not comic accurate, but they're popular and if the general public likes em and goes to em then they will keep being made. These movies are made for everyone, not just the fans who have read the comics and are in love with the mythos (myself included). The studio does what works. Wolverine and Storm will take front and center because they're popular, not because it's comic accurate. Azazel is no doubt in the movie just to be a bit of visual candy. If you have disliked the X-movies from square one, why do you insist upon coming onto a forum to let us know that this movie will be an epic failure and insinuating that we're all fools for going and seeing them. *rant over*
This is what I hate. Either nobody is allowed to say anything good, or nobody's allowed to say anything bad.

My post was not some fanboyistic rage-beam, it was a reasoned, level-headed criticism of what Fox has had a tendancy to do with these movies and what they look set to continue to do. I'm also fairly tired of the idea that comic fans are supposed to shut up and get over whatever Hollywood does to the characters we've followed for however many years.

Is it a life-altering tragedy if a comic movie sucks? No, of course it's not, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be pissed. Just because comic characters (Because it's not even comics that are cool now) are the in-thing, and "geek culture" has become something people are considering ok to be a part of now (See: The Big Bang Theory), it doesn't mean we have to shut up and be grateful that the culture is finally getting spotlight.

Personally, I don't attach myself to "geek culture". I feel that's too self-apologetic. It does frustrate me, however, when people like you insinuate that we have to just accept it quietly when the characters we adore are butchered beyond belief, just to make them acceptable to people who don't even give a **** about them before or after the movie. At the end of the day, we're the ones who are here discussing it, buying the comics etc. So, if we're not entitled to whine about it, what exactly are we entitled to?

Your comment about the general public is irrelevant. This forum is Superhero Hype...right? Hello? I'm not talking to the general public. I'd wager that nobody, or very few people, is a member of this site by accident. I put forward my, I think, reasonable opinion regarding a Fox boycott because I hoped that people on ths forum would have a greater understanding of my critiques. If you wanna go see it, go see it. I'm not saying everyone who likes them is wrong, because there is no wrong or right here.

My point was that Fox will at least have something to think about if the drop in money-made is significant enough. If they let the rights go back to Marvel, I think it would be impossible to argue that we'd have a better shot at seeing the movie the FRANCHISE deserves, than ever before.

You obviously have some insecurities, because I never once said anyone was a fool for wanting to see it, or liking it. I never said it because I don't think that. If you feel some deep-rooted shame for liking the garbage they're throwing at you now, then that's your problem, but I'm not judging you for liking it. What or who you like makes no difference to me.

My post was simply a civil explanation as to why I have issues with Fox, why they've crossed the line, and what I feel needs to be done by those who DO share my thoughts. Never did I say that those who like them should boycott them. That makes no sense. Why boycott a franchise you like? If you like it, great. If you don't, well...great.

Either way, I don't see why you're so bugged, or why people who love the franchise are so bugged. The general public will still be getting their X-Men movies, but all people like me are asking is that they don't suck balls, and are handled by Marvel Studios. Is that really too much?

Next time, don't be so damn presumptuous. I wasn't attacking you.

The Mast is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #61
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,765
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
This is what I hate. Either nobody is allowed to say anything good, or nobody's allowed to say anything bad.

My post was not some fanboyistic rage-beam, it was a reasoned, level-headed criticism of what Fox has had a tendancy to do with these movies and what they look set to continue to do. I'm also fairly tired of the idea that comic fans are supposed to shut up and get over whatever Hollywood does to the characters we've followed for however many years.

Is it a life-altering tragedy if a comic movie sucks? No, of course it's not, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be pissed. Just because comic characters (Because it's not even comics that are cool now) are the in-thing, and "geek culture" has become something people are considering ok to be a part of now (See: The Big Bang Theory), it doesn't mean we have to shut up and be grateful that the culture is finally getting spotlight.

Personally, I don't attach myself to "geek culture". I feel that's too self-apologetic. It does frustrate me, however, when people like you insinuate that we have to just accept it quietly when the characters we adore are butchered beyond belief, just to make them acceptable to people who don't even give a **** about them before or after the movie. At the end of the day, we're the ones who are here discussing it, buying the comics etc. So, if we're not entitled to whine about it, what exactly are we entitled to?

Your comment about the general public is irrelevant. This forum is Superhero Hype...right? Hello? I'm not talking to the general public. I'd wager that nobody, or very few people, is a member of this site by accident. I put forward my, I think, reasonable opinion regarding a Fox boycott because I hoped that people on ths forum would have a greater understanding of my critiques. If you wanna go see it, go see it. I'm not saying everyone who likes them is wrong, because there is no wrong or right here.

My point was that Fox will at least have something to think about if the drop in money-made is significant enough. If they let the rights go back to Marvel, I think it would be impossible to argue that we'd have a better shot at seeing the movie the FRANCHISE deserves, than ever before.

You obviously have some insecurities, because I never once said anyone was a fool for wanting to see it, or liking it. I never said it because I don't think that. If you feel some deep-rooted shame for liking the garbage they're throwing at you now, then that's your problem, but I'm not judging you for liking it. What or who you like makes no difference to me.

My post was simply a civil explanation as to why I have issues with Fox, why they've crossed the line, and what I feel needs to be done by those who DO share my thoughts. Never did I say that those who like them should boycott them. That makes no sense. Why boycott a franchise you like? If you like it, great. If you don't, well...great.

Either way, I don't see why you're so bugged, or why people who love the franchise are so bugged. The general public will still be getting their X-Men movies, but all people like me are asking is that they don't suck balls, and are handled by Marvel Studios. Is that really too much?

Next time, don't be so damn presumptuous. I wasn't attacking you.
And I'm not meaning to attack and I apologize if it came off that way. It just seems as though every thread I'm in I end up having to defend why I like the film the thread is about (that's the internet for you). If you didn't like the first film, or the second or the third or the fourth and now (though you haven't seen it) the fifth, I can't help but wonder why you come to the thread to let us now that the films are now and will forever be crap. No adaptation is perfect. It's near impossible to take something that is a literary source of any kind and expect it to translate to film properly. I don't want to start some kind of flame war that will inevitably lead to suspension or a ban from these boards. I've said my piece, and thats all.


Last edited by Matt Mortem; 01-25-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #62
The Mast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 97
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
And I'm not meaning to attack. It just seems as though every thread I'm in I end up having to defend why I like the film the thread is about (that's the internet for you). If you didn't like the first film, or the second or the third or the fourth and now (though you haven't seen it) the fifth, I can't help but wonder why you come to the thread to let us now that the films are now and will forever be crap. No adaptation is perfect. It's near impossible to take something that is a literary source of any kind and expect it to translate to film properly. I don't want to start some kind of flame war that will inevitably lead to suspension or a ban from these boards. I've said my piece, and thats all.
Why do you have to defend it? I don't defend things I like. If someone asks me why I like something and they disagree with my reasoning, it can be debated. I never, ever take anything as me having to defend my opinion, though.

No matter how many people say negative things, you don't have to defend anything unless you're asked specifically about your feelings. Anything else is just you doing what you claim to hate. If you crowbar your way into someone's face, like you just did to me, then you're essentially shoving your love of the movies into my face when I didn't do the opposite.

I came here because this thread is for X-Men: First Class discussion. It's not X-Men: First Class discussion, with the asterisk of, "If you have good things to say." You seem to think that anyone who shows up with a less than glowing opinion is showing up to slam the movie, as opposed to...you know, maybe just sharing their opinion of a movie.

That's what this forum is for, isn't it? I never suggested nor expected any comic adaptation to be perfect. That's another thread, though.

However, I do think that when pictures come out of Magneto and he looks like a kid who rode the special bus to school, with a Magneto helmet made from a cereal box, things can be said by people who feel as I do. That's just one issue among the other stated things that I consider to be flaws, and I have a right to say so.

You clearly, almost by your own admission, spend so much time knee-jerking a reply to anyone who says anything negative that you didn't even check to see if I was one of those people. That's not how debates are handled.

You say nobody should judge before seeing, so why judge before reading?

The Mast is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #63
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,646
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Ah. Now I remember why I usually avoid the movie-centric sections of the Hype.

Manic is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #64
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,765
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
Why do you have to defend it? I don't defend things I like. If someone asks me why I like something and they disagree with my reasoning, it can be debated. I never, ever take anything as me having to defend my opinion, though.

No matter how many people say negative things, you don't have to defend anything unless you're asked specifically about your feelings. Anything else is just you doing what you claim to hate. If you crowbar your way into someone's face, like you just did to me, then you're essentially shoving your love of the movies into my face when I didn't do the opposite.

I came here because this thread is for X-Men: First Class discussion. It's not X-Men: First Class discussion, with the asterisk of, "If you have good things to say." You seem to think that anyone who shows up with a less than glowing opinion is showing up to slam the movie, as opposed to...you know, maybe just sharing their opinion of a movie.

That's what this forum is for, isn't it? I never suggested nor expected any comic adaptation to be perfect. That's another thread, though.

However, I do think that when pictures come out of Magneto and he looks like a kid who rode the special bus to school, with a Magneto helmet made from a cereal box, things can be said by people who feel as I do. That's just one issue among the other stated things that I consider to be flaws, and I have a right to say so.

You clearly, almost by your own admission, spend so much time knee-jerking a reply to anyone who says anything negative that you didn't even check to see if I was one of those people. That's not how debates are handled.

You say nobody should judge before seeing, so why judge before reading?
You're right, I do a lot of quick reactions when it comes to something I love and am passionate about. I apologize if I came off badly and that's about all I can do I suppose. I'm not going to extend this argument beyond this post. You hate the movies, I love them. Time to move on.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #65
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,080
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
This is what I hate. Either nobody is allowed to say anything good, or nobody's allowed to say anything bad.

My post was not some fanboyistic rage-beam, it was a reasoned, level-headed criticism of what Fox has had a tendancy to do with these movies and what they look set to continue to do. I'm also fairly tired of the idea that comic fans are supposed to shut up and get over whatever Hollywood does to the characters we've followed for however many years.

Is it a life-altering tragedy if a comic movie sucks? No, of course it's not, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be pissed. Just because comic characters (Because it's not even comics that are cool now) are the in-thing, and "geek culture" has become something people are considering ok to be a part of now (See: The Big Bang Theory), it doesn't mean we have to shut up and be grateful that the culture is finally getting spotlight.

Personally, I don't attach myself to "geek culture". I feel that's too self-apologetic. It does frustrate me, however, when people like you insinuate that we have to just accept it quietly when the characters we adore are butchered beyond belief, just to make them acceptable to people who don't even give a **** about them before or after the movie. At the end of the day, we're the ones who are here discussing it, buying the comics etc. So, if we're not entitled to whine about it, what exactly are we entitled to?

Your comment about the general public is irrelevant. This forum is Superhero Hype...right? Hello? I'm not talking to the general public. I'd wager that nobody, or very few people, is a member of this site by accident. I put forward my, I think, reasonable opinion regarding a Fox boycott because I hoped that people on ths forum would have a greater understanding of my critiques. If you wanna go see it, go see it. I'm not saying everyone who likes them is wrong, because there is no wrong or right here.

My point was that Fox will at least have something to think about if the drop in money-made is significant enough. If they let the rights go back to Marvel, I think it would be impossible to argue that we'd have a better shot at seeing the movie the FRANCHISE deserves, than ever before.

You obviously have some insecurities, because I never once said anyone was a fool for wanting to see it, or liking it. I never said it because I don't think that. If you feel some deep-rooted shame for liking the garbage they're throwing at you now, then that's your problem, but I'm not judging you for liking it. What or who you like makes no difference to me.

My post was simply a civil explanation as to why I have issues with Fox, why they've crossed the line, and what I feel needs to be done by those who DO share my thoughts. Never did I say that those who like them should boycott them. That makes no sense. Why boycott a franchise you like? If you like it, great. If you don't, well...great.

Either way, I don't see why you're so bugged, or why people who love the franchise are so bugged. The general public will still be getting their X-Men movies, but all people like me are asking is that they don't suck balls, and are handled by Marvel Studios. Is that really too much?

Next time, don't be so damn presumptuous. I wasn't attacking you.
You're obviously new here, going by the post count, so let me clear up this one misconception for you: you're allowed to talk badly about the movie, as long as you do it respectfully. Just be prepared for people to disagree with you, and as long as they do with that with equal respect then they're not doing anything wrong either.

I've been here for seven years and rarely have I ever seen a happy X-Men forum, so don't think it's all sunshine and rainbows just because people here are wanting to see this movie. Everyone is well aware of the issues with the most recent movies and with Fox (and good lord, don't think you're the first person to point these out), and I think it's safe to say that most of our SHH vets are appropriately apprehensive about what's going to happen with this film. We've all been down this road before.

If you don't want to see the movie, that's fine. Understand that others here do, regardless of the risk that they might get burned. It's just the way it is.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #66
Heffer Wolf
going for the bronze...
 
Heffer Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cali-forn-I-A
Posts: 999
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/10300/xmen_hi_4.jpg[/IMG]
I really like Magnetos new helmet. Its so much more Magneto-ey. I don't understand how people are saying it looks too big, its a helmet, its going to be slightly bigger then the head.

And the uniforms look like they are going to be way better then the black leather x-men ones. I like they got the blue and yellow in.

I'm excited for this movie, I liked X1, loved X2, thought X3 was pretty bad, and XO:W was just lame. But this looks like it can actually be pretty damn good.

__________________
when the morning sun is missing, my heart beats pacific
Heffer Wolf is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #67
The Mast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 97
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You're obviously new here, going by the post count, so let me clear up this one misconception for you: you're allowed to talk badly about the movie, as long as you do it respectfully. Just be prepared for people to disagree with you, and as long as they do with that with equal respect then they're not doing anything wrong either.

I've been here for seven years and rarely have I ever seen a happy X-Men forum, so don't think it's all sunshine and rainbows just because people here are wanting to see this movie. Everyone is well aware of the issues with the most recent movies and with Fox (and good lord, don't think you're the first person to point these out), and I think it's safe to say that most of our SHH vets are appropriately apprehensive about what's going to happen with this film. We've all been down this road before.

If you don't want to see the movie, that's fine. Understand that others here do, regardless of the risk that they might get burned. It's just the way it is.
I never said anyone shouldn't, I don't think anyone should be abused or chastised for having zero problem with Fox. I disagree, but that's what civil, if heated, debates are for.

My issue was just that Matt seemed to jump on me when my comments were clearly aimed at Fox and those who shared my views. Not anyone who, rightfully, expresses their positive opinion.

I wouldn't ever do that. Taste is subjective. If you love these movies, no matter how inaccurate they are, that's up to you. I wasn't telling anyone who WANTS to see it, not to. I was suggesting the boycott to people who have had enough of Fox and their attitude toward them, like myself.

The Mast is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #68
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,080
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
I never said anyone shouldn't, I don't think anyone should be abused or chastised for having zero problem with Fox. I disagree, but that's what civil, if heated, debates are for.

My issue was just that Matt seemed to jump on me when my comments were clearly aimed at Fox and those who shared my views. Not anyone who, rightfully, expresses their positive opinion.

I wouldn't ever do that. Taste is subjective. If you love these movies, no matter how inaccurate they are, that's up to you. I wasn't telling anyone who WANTS to see it, not to. I was suggesting the boycott to people who have had enough of Fox and their attitude toward them, like myself.
Don't think you're the first one to suggest a Fox boycott either. That one comes up at least once before every X-movie. Not gonna happen.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #69
The Mast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 97
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

I guess that's a good thing.

The day it stops coming up is the day I'd worry, I suppose. Eventually Fox will hit a breaking point that resonates across enough fans that it'll damage them.

The Mast is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #70
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,259
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

What's funny is that the complaint from people who share your opinion is that Fox is continuing its downward spiral with this franchise, when in reality I believe Singer and Vaughn are trying to accomplish the complete opposite. They're trying to redeem the series.

JP is online now  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #71
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,948
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Yeah, I foresee this one really being a gem.

__________________
I'm just another cautionary tale no one listens to.
The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #72
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,646
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

It certainly can't be any worse than Wolverine, so I say bring it on.

Manic is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #73
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,765
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

All I want is an entertaining X-film. That's all

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #74
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick
 
Phoenix_Flare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 657
Wall Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Then don't go. That simple. But have respect enough for those of us that want to see it. I don't see why you and others with the same mindset keep popping onto a thread about the film to keep saying the same lame ass argument that people have been stating for, what, 4 films now. We get it, they're not perfect, they're not comic accurate, but they're popular and if the general public likes em and goes to em then they will keep being made. These movies are made for everyone, not just the fans who have read the comics and are in love with the mythos (myself included). The studio does what works. Wolverine and Storm will take front and center because they're popular, not because it's comic accurate. Azazel is no doubt in the movie just to be a bit of visual candy. If you have disliked the X-movies from square one, why do you insist upon coming onto a forum to let us know that this movie will be an epic failure and insinuating that we're all fools for going and seeing them. *rant over*
God bless you man!! LOL...for real you hit the nail right on the head. Can anyone name 1 comic book movie that has been comic continuity accurate? NO! I don't understand why some of you want to see the samething you can read in a damn comic book onto the big screen! Like come on you'll rather wait 2 'til 3 years to see the original characters on film when all you can do is go to a local comic book store or Ebay or Amazon and purchase the original material! Some of you guys need to get over yourself's...nothing is never the same when it is translated from book to screen, we all know this and yet you guys still rant/complain

Phoenix_Flare is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #75
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,080
Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
What's funny is that the complaint from people who share your opinion is that Fox is continuing its downward spiral with this franchise, when in reality I believe Singer and Vaughn are trying to accomplish the complete opposite. They're trying to redeem the series.
And from what I've read in interviews so far, Aronofsky is trying to do the same with Wolverine, which also needs all the help it can get.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.