The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
JamesBartlett

Default How would you kill Spider-Man/Peter Parker?

If you were paid to write the final film, comic, game etc. of Spider-Man and you were informed that in the end, Peter Parker had to be killed off - how would you do it? Would he die as Spider-Man or would he die as Peter Parker? For those with a great imagination, comic book history does not need to have happened like it did. You can not make up characters but if a character is dead you could write your Spider-Man death as though that character had never died. EXCEPT from Uncle Ben - he remains dead.

I know what I'd do. Firstly, I would diagnose Peter Parker with an unrecognisable, and terminal, disease. It would be unrecognisable to doctors due to Peter's "spider situation". Peter would then be given an amount of time left to live so for the benefit of the story, let's say that he was given two months to live and gradually, over those two months, his health slowly deteriorates. Of course, Peter will at this point give up being Spider-Man as he realises that he's too weak to go on. The lack of Spider-Man bringsa familiar face to terrorise the streets: Norman Osborn, aka Green Goblin. Although, Goblin is in his mutant form.

Then, Peter Parker hits rock bottom. He's weeks away from death and he's still eligible to walk but he's often short of breath and he often has severe headaches and vomiting spikes. In this state, Peter Parker would tell his Aunt May that he's Spider-Man and this would be their final, heart-felt, Aunt to Nephew conversation.

Peter Parker would then go downstairs and spot on the television that the mutant Goblin was destroying the city and this angers Peter Parker but not enough to make him do anything about it. But then, the news updates and Peter discovers that Osborn is not alone - he's also with Venom (Eddie Brock) and Dr Octopus. This is what truly makes Peter fear for his city and this is what motivates Parker to take on the persona of Spider-Man one final time.

As he leaves his house, he realises that swinging on webs and climbing walls isn't coming easy to him and so he realises that he's not going to be able to fight this battle alone, therefore he sets off to use some of his allies in order to help him with this battle. These allies consist of: The Lizard, Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099) and Nick Fury.

In this "Final Battle", Nick Fury is injured and Curt Connors (The Lizard) is killed which leaves Spider-Man and O'Hara being the last two fighting. Firstly, Venom is the first to perish due to the tentacles of Doc Ock. Next, O'Hara takes out Octavius by trapping his tentacles under a large piece of scaffolding and then delivering a final blow to the head - without killing him, just knocking him out - then it's Goblin, Spider-Man and O'Hara left.

Spider-Man gets knocked to the floor forcefully and he is thought to be unconscious. Goblin then defeats O'Hara in a brawl and he now lies on the floor - barely breathing. Goblin is about to deliver one final, fateful blow but he is interrupted as Spider-Man takes Goblin down.

Spider-Man and Goblin are the only two left - Fury is injured, O'Hara is only just breathing and Connors is dead as well as Venom being dead and Doc Ock being unconscious.

The final fight goes on for a bit longer - Spider-Man fights back well considering his condition but then he comes close to losing. There are tanks in the city and one of them is jeopardised and it comes close to exploding. At this point, Spider-Man knows he can either try to survive and die in a few weeks anyway or he can let himself die and take goblin with him. Suddenly he stops fighting and he jumps back over to the jeopardised tank. It's seconds before blowing up and so he webs Goblin over to the tank and as he does this, BANG! The tank blows up causing other things to blow up around it and it causes building to fall... Spider-Man's breathing, but barely. As people crowd around him, his life flashes before his eyes. His achievements and his friends bring a smile to his face. He mutters to himself "With great power, comes great responsibility". and as this escapes his mouth, his eyes close - he's dead.

The rippling effect of the explosion caused the death of Green Goblin and Spider-Man. Doctor Octopus is taken to SHIELD headquarters and O'Hara returns to the future.

NOW YOUR GO!

Last edited by JamesBartlett; 09-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.
JamesBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Default Re: How would you kill Spider-Man/Peter Parker?

Peter dies peacefully in his sleep of old age after a life well spent. The end

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

Would you rather face 100 duck sized spider-mans or 1 spider-man sized duck?

I'd probably crush him with a hippo

BRAB's Quote(s) of the Week:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
Knight, sometimes you should read the stuff you actually write. It doesnt make sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
Makes sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
At least it makes sense to somebody.
BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
smallville fan
Hero

The Ultimate Marvel Comics gave us a decent way.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Andrew Lucas
Not Lucas

He could try a leap of faith and die.

Andrew Marley?
(Or Bob Lucas)
F@$! yeah Emma Stone!
Reinstated SHH20 member.
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The way Doc Ock did it in ASM #700. That was genius.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #7
Andrew Lucas
Not Lucas

DAT closure.

Andrew Marley?
(Or Bob Lucas)
F@$! yeah Emma Stone!
Reinstated SHH20 member.
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
OriginalMiles
Miles had a little lamb

I'd have him die in some epic battle against Galactus or something. Him, teaming up with the other heroes of the world... fighting this threat bigger than anything he has fought before... finally up there with the greats as he tries to help - and then dies 10 minutes into the fight, and then everybody else dies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Maybe Iris West will accidentally call Barry "The Flush". That will be the day his reputation goes down the toilet.
SHH6+Perry9
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #9
W/ Great Power
Uncle Ben

What if Peter dies at the hands of a robber....let go by a teenager in a convenient store.

- Uncle Ben, The Amazing Spider-Man

Leader of The SHH6+Perry - Uncle Ben
W/ Great Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Old age, but happy in his life, after becoming severely injured as Spider-Man and no longer able to continue effectively as a superhero. Similar to how the Spider-Girl series portrayed him.

Peter Parker is not Bruce Wayne. Fighting crime is not his life-long obsession. His guilt at Uncle Ben's fate need not condemn him to an unfulfilling, unhappy life. At some point, it is OK for Peter Parker to let go of that guilt, to find happiness for himself and even pass the Spidey mantle to another if given the opportunity. There's no need for him to have a tragic ending.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #11
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/ Great Power View Post
What if Peter dies at the hands of a robber....let go by a teenager in a convenient store.

That would be very full circle style.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
W/ Great Power
Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
That would be very full circle style.
At least Peter would rest in peace knowing he got what was coming

- Uncle Ben, The Amazing Spider-Man

Leader of The SHH6+Perry - Uncle Ben
W/ Great Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
THUNDERSTRIKE
'S MINE... GO EAT YER OWN

what a weird thread... let's all figure out a way to waste Peter Parker... *shakes head*

the topics that some people dream up to discuss, LOL...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnzii DeeYa, unstable B***hQueen, and
Fylia, her kiss-ass, and Leecherus, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The **** lies thru the guise of her deceitful words and lies in the fetid s**t-heap she calls a life, useless to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the misled, gullible travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #14
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Care to see more weirdness?

I had an idea for years, to just off Spider-Man and completely erase him from every Marvel Universe.
Spider-Man, his supporting cast members, his villains, and every memory of him, all eradicated. Only villain to stay would be Kingpin, for being a major DareDevil villain.

Instead of Norman Osborn as leader of Thunderbolts and the Dark Avengers, there would be generic genius militant villain No. ###.
Scorpion Venom wouldn't be replaced, he'd be simply gone, no replacement.
Kang's plan in Avengers v1#11 would be gone from the memories of everyone, Kang included, the Spider-Man robot would be no more, and the Avengers won't be rescued by Spider-Man.
Every Team-Up adventure including Spider-Man and a villain of his would be erased from the memory entirely. And if Spider-Man is in an adventure against a villain that is not his from out of a Spidey book, it would be up for Hawkeye and Captain America team-up to replace him.
The Daily Bugle will be gone, Ben Urich is a staff member in New York Times, or New York Post, or whatever the newspaper he worked for in the movie is. Same goes for Irene Merryweather (from Cable & Deadpool comic.)

Ultimate comics series will lose Miles Morales, the Daily Bugle, and Parker's supporting cast members. DareDevil survives the Ultimatum event and continues his work.

Ultimate Spider-Man the cartoon will lose Spider-Man, it will be more about the group of heroes trained by S.H.I.E.L.D.

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

Proud member of the Hype Elite.

Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote