The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
BnKRPG
Dark Lord of the RPG's
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Twylight's Abode
Posts: 194
Default Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)


Special Thanks to Shlee for the Pics

Gamemaster: Wiegeabo
Assistant Gamemaster: Nitemare Shape



RULES
  • You may choose either a pre-existing character that fits the time period of the game, or create a SW character of your own.
  • Created characters must make sense and be original. Any character that is found to be too much like an existing character will NOT be approved.
  • If you are playing an alien, stay true to the mindset and general culture of that race. So do you're homework before selecting an alien race to play as.
  • Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, provided it's not random and has some purpose behind it. PC character deaths must be more than just some random death, and must have meaning behind it other than shock. Major NPC characters are off limits.
  • Constructive criticism of posts can be given, but don't be an ******* about it and openly criticize another's work. We're not all as gifted a storyteller as George Lucas, or as skilled a writer as Timothy Zahn.
  • Communication is the one word to live by for the RPGs. Good communication between players not only helps the flow of the arc and increases the enjoyment of the storytelling process, but it also helps create new twists and ideas that can make for some memorable stories.
  • You can reside on any world in the Star Wars Universe and go anywhere within the galaxy that you desire, including the Unknown Regions.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your abilities, or mannerisms. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
  • Know your weaknesses and strengths of your character, and your craft (a smuggler is not going to win a straight fight against a Jedi, and a X-Wing isn't going to do much against an Imperial Star Destroyer).
  • The Gamemasters have the final say in matters in the RPG. You may not always like their judgement, but that's life. Arguing about it is not only pointless, but does absolutely nothing to help your cause. Just man the **** up and move on.
  • There should be minimal cursing and swearing in posts.
  • There will be NO bypassing of the Hype! censor. This is a Hype! rule and no exceptions will be made.
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than others, will get booted from the RPG by the Gamemasters. Further problems will cause the Hype! Mods to get involved and lead to bannings and possibly worse.

For Information on Planets, Places, and Potential Characters, look no further than Wookieepedia for all your SW needs.

For those interested, here is a star map of the entire Galaxy, complete with trade routes (compliments of Affliction)

Galactic Star Map

--------------------

Star Wars: The RPG Character Application

Screen Name:

Character you wish to play:

Race (such as Human, Wookie, Transdoshan, Hutt, Twi'lek, Rodian, Bothan, droid, Mon Calimari, etc):

Faction (does your character belong to a group, such as the New Republic, The Imperial Remnant, the Bounty Hunter's Guild, a specific crime syndicate, etc):

Background (list the history of your character here. Created Characters Must Be Thorough!):

Character Class (choose one):

Scoundrel (all smugglers, cutthroats, outlaws, and general rogues)

Soldier (stormtroopers, Moffs, tribal warriors, New Republic commandos, fighter pilots, and all other warriors and soldiers)

Force Sensitive (Jedi, Sith, Witches of Dothamir, Emperor's Hands, and all other Force Users)

Bounty Hunter (strictly Bounty Hunters, whether a member of the Guild or not)

Beaurocrat (all Senators, Governors, representatives, and general diplomats)

What Font and Color will you be using for your character's speech:

Items (Created Characters Must Be Thorough! What major weapons and the like does your character carry? Such as a lightsaber, a rigged Sabaac deck, a blaster pistol, vibro-knife, wookie crossbow, telescopic lenses, etc):

Character Personality (Created Characters Must Be Thorough! Give a solid description on how your character acts, their morals, etc):

Character Alignment (Choose one): Good, Nuetral, Evil

Why have you chosen this character, and what are your plans for them:

What can you bring to Star Wars: The RPG:

How often can you post IN A DAY in this RPG:

Sample Post (write a sample post that is at least 4 paragraphs long and containing at least 3 lines of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype:

BnKRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,261
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Before anybody panics, let me assure you that - in compliance with the recent announcement - the last 96 posts of the original IC thread aren't gone. They've just been moved to the brand spanking new IC thread, with of course, wiegeabo's permission.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

You're damn right it was with my permission


There. Just wasted a perfectly good post.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Hey guys, I'll be getting a post up in the next day or so.

I did have a date Saturday night, but we postponed it until next weekend due to the blizzard we're supposed to be getting this weekend, so I'll be around all weekend with nothing to do...expects posts....

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Hey guys, I'll be getting a post up in the next day or so.

I did have a date Saturday night, but we postponed it until next weekend due to the blizzard we're supposed to be getting this weekend, so I'll be around all weekend with nothing to do...expects posts....

Very good to hear.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No posts

More than 30 days without a post


More than 21 days without a post


More than 14 days without a post


More than 10 days without a post
Byrd - Han Solo - 1/19
Nitemare - Joren Kel - 1/17
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17

On the chopping block


Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

I'll get one up soon, I planned on doing one today actually...but I'm sick as hell and can't get the willpower together to sit down and do one

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,109
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

So...are we ever getting off Coruscant? Haha

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
So...are we ever getting off Coruscant? Haha
Fo realz.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
So...are we ever getting off Coruscant? Haha
I'm good to go. I think we were waiting on Luke, but I'm not sure

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No posts

More than 30 days without a post


More than 21 days without a post


More than 14 days without a post
Rain Dog - Boolon - 1/23
Byrd - Han Solo - 1/19
Carnage - Huc Vondar - 1/23
Nitemare - Leia - 1/22
wiegeabo - Luke Skywalker - 1/22
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17
wiegeabo - Thrawn - 1/23

More than 10 days without a post


On the chopping block


Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
No posts

More than 30 days without a post


More than 21 days without a post


More than 14 days without a post
Rain Dog - Boolon - 1/23
Byrd - Han Solo - 1/19
Carnage - Huc Vondar - 1/23
Nitemare - Leia - 1/22
wiegeabo - Luke Skywalker - 1/22
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17
wiegeabo - Thrawn - 1/23

More than 10 days without a post


On the chopping block


Removed from roster
I may be mistaken, but I believe Han, Huc, Leia and co are waiting on Luke.....

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

he's currently deep in meditation

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

So...would anyone be against just wrapping this nice little party by the landing pad up by having us already on the Falcon headed to wherever the hell it is we're going?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,109
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No that's fine.

Let's get the ball rolling.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #16
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

If you're waiting for Luke, I'll post when I get him

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No posts

More than 30 days without a post


More than 21 days without a post
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17

More than 14 days without a post
Rain Dog - Boolon - 1/23
wiegeabo - Thrawn - 1/23

More than 10 days without a post
Nitemare - Zsinj - 2/01

On the chopping block


Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

I'll have a Joren post up this weekend. And Zsinj is waiting on Thrawn

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #19
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Rain Dog - Boolon - 1/23
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17

More than 21 days without a post
wiegeabo - Thrawn - 1/23

More than 14 days without a post
Nitemare - Zsinj - 2/01

More than 10 days without a post
Nitemare - Joren - 2/06

On the chopping block
Boolon
Rotta

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Not quite sure what to do with Boolon. Want I should just put up a "let's get going" post?

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #21
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Go for it. We gotta get rolling.

Joren post will be up tomorrow.

Zsinj is waiting on Thrawn

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #22
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quick Joren post. I'll get one up with alittle more substance later.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

I 'spose I'll squeeze off a quick Boolon post to get things rolling.


















Hehehehehehe. Squeeze off.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #24
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17

More than 21 days without a post
Nitemare - Zsinj - 2/01

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block
Rotta

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #25
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Star Wars: The RPG ~ Episode VII: Dawn of the New Republic OOC Thread (II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Rain Dog - Rotta - 1/17

More than 21 days without a post
Nitemare - Zsinj - 2/01

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block
Rotta

Removed from roster

Now I'll get a Zsinj post up tomorrow

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.