The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 14,099
Default "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=8609

This is fantastic news. I've been wanting for the Walking Dead to be adapted for TV for quite some time now. I'm eagerly awaiting more news (casting and whatnot).

__________________
Juice. Juice Juice. Juice. Gotta have a little bit of orange juice.
Kent is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,689
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC

I need this show back!

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

yea...

BlackLantern is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
alexdunn
Spagett!
 
alexdunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MASS
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Subscribed.

__________________
http://alexdunn.tumblr.com/
alexdunn is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 69,649
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Needs more zombie shenanigans.

__________________
#TakeBackTheLounge

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them


Sawyer is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,486
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

subscribed.....again

Matt Mortem is online now  
Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,105
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Febtobagh!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
If this was directed at me, I don't come here just to bad mouth the movie, I come here to discuss any new and relevant news. The new and relevant news just so happened to be ****.
Doctor Jones is online now  
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Since 1,000 posts is the limit now, perhaps posting just to subscribe isn't the best idea?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,342
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

You can subscribe w/o posting

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Which is what I did.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,342
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Everybody wins!

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Huzzah!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
Mogwai
Fanboy
 
Mogwai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,720
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

subscribe!

__________________
In Nintendo We Trust.
Mogwai is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #15
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty
 
Wolfwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 12,342
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

So I'm going to the Palyfest in March to see an episode of the Walking Dead with the cast and crew. There's also going to be a Q&A. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?

__________________

Henchman for Shadaloo
AVATAR BY AxlsAppetite
Wolfwood is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #16
Crockett
With Teeth
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dorne
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Something that's a bit interesting. Glen Mazzara, who wrote the fifth episode of the first season of TWD is joining as a executive producer. Hey it's something at least.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/glen...aff-after-all/

Quote:
Glen Mazzara has closed a deal to join AMC's breakout hit The Walking Dead as a writing executive producer and No.2 to creator/ executive producer/ director Frank Darabont for the show’s upcoming second season. He is in the process of putting together a staff of about 5 writers.

__________________
The stuff that dreams are made of.
Crockett is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
So I'm going to the Palyfest in March to see an episode of the Walking Dead with the cast and crew. There's also going to be a Q&A. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?
don't ask stupid questions....stay away from the cliche crap like

- what's it like working with zombies

- is it hot?

- did you read the books beforehand

BlackLantern is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #18
Rez
Side-Kick
 
Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 2,074
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Good news, the 5th episode was mostly excellent and contained my favorite scene of the show so far(Shane & Rick in the woods).

__________________
-BEN REILLY RETURNS-
FNSM 14

A-Hunter Rider-V

Rez is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #19
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

you behind, Rez? we've had all 6 air already

BlackLantern is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #20
Rez
Side-Kick
 
Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 2,074
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

I was referring to Crockett's post about the episode 5 writer having a bigger role in making the show.

__________________
-BEN REILLY RETURNS-
FNSM 14

A-Hunter Rider-V

Rez is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty
 
Wolfwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 12,342
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
don't ask stupid questions....stay away from the cliche crap like

- what's it like working with zombies

- is it hot?

- did you read the books beforehand
Oh most assuredly. In fact if someone gets to ask one of those questions and I don't get to ask any of mine, someone may get stabbed.

__________________

Henchman for Shadaloo
AVATAR BY AxlsAppetite
Wolfwood is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #22
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power
 
TheDreamMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 3,734
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

i bought the Compendium One of the comics and really love it. I'm nearing the end, currently
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Governor has just shown up to the prison, and now retreated. Rick got shot, Andrea got shot. And Dale is talking about leaving.

It is such a great series and I'm really regretting I missed out on it till now. I really like comparing it with the show so far, and am actually glad the show has done new things to it while putting it into the same general direction. I do wonder
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
if Carl will kill Shane soon in the second season, or if Shane will become more a mainstay in the series for now.

Originally reading out of context facts about the series and who a certain character was, I really wasn't sure but now I could totally see
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the racist guy becoming the Governor. Although, I'm rooting for Danny Trejo.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not the Hype's only Juggalo, but probably one of the few to be pretty vocal about it. Doesn't mean I don't like some of the same stuff you do though, so deal with it.
TheDreamMaster is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #23
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power
 
TheDreamMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 3,734
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

So I finished the Compendium 1, bought trades 9 and 10 and finished those today. I can't get enough of this series now. I certainly cannot wait for the show to be back. I do wonder if the show goes that long, if they will
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kill off Lori and the baby in the way they did. I was surprised, nearly horrified, by what happened. I'm so intrigued, but I really do hate how what is left of our main group has changed. I mean Dale and Rick seemed like pretty good friends, but now Dale seems to outright hate Rick.


Interestingly, I never thought they would revisit Morgan. Won't put any spoilers on him, but even so far into the series I kind of thought he wouldn't be coming back.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not the Hype's only Juggalo, but probably one of the few to be pretty vocal about it. Doesn't mean I don't like some of the same stuff you do though, so deal with it.
TheDreamMaster is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,564
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

Cant wait to see who they cast as Michonne and just how they translate her to tv overall.

Primal Slayer is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
alexdunn
Spagett!
 
alexdunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MASS
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 1

She's gonna be the new Omar Little.

__________________
http://alexdunn.tumblr.com/
alexdunn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.