The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 AM   #401
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Naruto - Part 1

If anything, I think there needs to be more casualties in this war. Hell, I'd be perfectly alright if everyone in the Konaha 9 group died in the war except for Naruto, Hinata, and Rock Lee.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 AM   #402
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
As morbid as the Hokages being trapped sounded, I was completely fine with it. Shows that there's consequences, wasn't just bad stuff happening for the sake of it.
Even for Hashirama and Tobirama? They came back unwillingly, were forced to fight against Hiruzen and had their souls trapped anyway because it was the only way to stop Orochimaru at the time. They didn't summon the shinigami like the other two.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #403
Nathan

Is there even an afterlife in Naruto? I know there's something, because Kakashi's dad was basically trapped in purgatory, before he met his son and was able to move on. And when Zabuza and Haku came back, the last thing they remembered was dying on the bridge, and suddenly they face a giant Ninja army. So even with the 4th freed from the Shinigami's stomach, could he even reunite with Kushina?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #404
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Even for Hashirama and Tobirama? They came back unwillingly, were forced to fight against Hiruzen and had their souls trapped anyway because it was the only way to stop Orochimaru at the time. They didn't summon the shinigami like the other two.
As rough as that is yes. Orochimaru is a villain and his actions have their impact. Not everything is going to be fair.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #405
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Is there even an afterlife in Naruto? I know there's something, because Kakashi's dad was basically trapped in purgatory, before he met his son and was able to move on. And when Zabuza and Haku came back, the last thing they remembered was dying on the bridge, and suddenly they face a giant Ninja army. So even with the 4th freed from the Shinigami's stomach, could he even reunite with Kushina?
I think that's left for the imagination.
In the anime, when Naruto was fighting Pain and about to release the seal of the Kyuubi, Minato is shown in an unknown place opening his eyes right before he stops Naruto.

Maybe there is a Heaven, but they can't remember about it if they are brought back.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #406
Marvin
Side-Kick

The one thing that actually curse in the disguise of a blessing about this war arc is that significant things just keep piling on top of each other to the point where we don't appreciate their relevance.

Kabuto's mass edo was something that worth it's own arc, Ending with Sasuke and Itachi.

Somewhere in between these arcs we could lose our kages.

Madara and Tobi should have been it's own arc with the climax being NARUTO AND THE FOX MAKING PEACE FOR CHRIST SAKE, with Kakashi little revelation being a neat tie in.

Naruto fighting his father whilst the other hokages successfully destroy the village it's own ark.
I speculate this will happen cause since the beginning Minato has been the measure to which Naruto has been compared, there is no other fluid way to get them to confront in such a manner than this edo.

In a way this war has been somewhat separated in this fashion, but because it's all presented under the ark of the war, so many of these big moments and revelations have been under appreciated. We need time in between for village talk and recovery. A new Kage crowned and all that stuff.
sigh, now we got this big amazing revelation and it too will be squandered. I can't blame kishi for this one though, it was just tooooo tempting to pass up.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #407
Lord
All Mighty

Frankly, i'd rather we had a true war with Tobi assembling an army with other lesser villages than all this zombie army, i didn't like how Zabuza and Haku had to be revived as their arc had an amazing conclusion already, or how Itachi's now a fully goody good. Not to mention how much more impact having to fight against living beings would be than having to kill zombies and plant men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #408
Drakepool
Side-Kick

So they finally started releasing more dubbed episodes of Shippuden! I took a look at "Nine-Tails, Captured!", specifically the part where Pain has Naruto pinned down and starts lecturing him. It's one of my favorite scenes in the arc, and it was executed perfectly. Mad props to Troy Baker and Maile Flanagan, especially Troy.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #409
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I absolutely love Hashirama's personality. Since he's not in the story that much we forget how powerful he is at times.

Spill

Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #410
Marvin
Side-Kick

The Story is getting brilliant again.

I particularly love the part where the 2nd says he invented the tech and he's about to leave(to save the world). But due to Oro having the first's cells, it's not happening.
This is gold. I want to hear more from Minato. What he thinks of his sons work for starters.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #411
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I was getting tired of the Juubi fight, so it's nice to have a change of scenery. Even better when the chapter has a lot of dialogue. I just hope that the next flashback doesn't last more than 2 chapters.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #412
Marvin
Side-Kick

first kakashi and gai were rival kids, then we learned that the Sannin had a similar relationship as kids to naruto and sasuke, now this...

I love it.

pretty sure this is where we'll see the reincarnation of the sons of the sage of 6th paths the most. One has a strong body and love, the other eyes tech and hate.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #413
Liam_H
Side-Kick

So is the moral of the story to Sasuke, don't end up like Hashirama and Madara. Embrace the friendship not the hatred.

I am hoping this isn't exactly the same dynamic cause thats just too redundant.

Spill

Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #414
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Wow. When we think a shinobi can't get more powerful than Madara, Hashirama comes with a godly Asura's Wrath kind of attack.

I'm happy that Kishi didn't drag this fight. I don't want to see so many flashbacks.

Last edited by Jick09; 02-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #415
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ We were told repeatedly that Hashirama > Madara though. And it's kind of annoying how every single character relationship in this manga more or less amounts to NarutoxSasuke redux. That said I can't wait for Naruto to combine BM with SM, that will be insane. I think he'll unlock the true power of the Rikudou Sennin then.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #416
Marvin
Side-Kick

Anyone have any clue what that facepaint attack Hashi pulled out was?

Even though we've been told Hash was stronger than madara, excluding him being a living zombie and having Hash's powers. I think the minute Madara got a hold of "Pains" eyes they would then be on an even playing field.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #417
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I believe the common theory is another form of Sage mode.

Spill

Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #418
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Anyone have any clue what that facepaint attack Hashi pulled out was?

Even though we've been told Hash was stronger than madara, excluding him being a living zombie and having Hash's powers. I think the minute Madara got a hold of "Pains" eyes they would then be on an even playing field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I believe the common theory is another form of Sage mode.
It's not a theory, that was Sage Mode. That Thousand Hand Jutsu was a Senpou (sage art). As far as what the jutsu itself is, it is a Mokuton technique enhanced with Sage chakra. I don't know about you guys but I've always thought part of Hashirama's power comes from his mastery of nature in combination with the vitality the Senju lines chakra comes with. He probably learned how to use nature chakra in that Shikkoutsu Forest Kabuto mentioned...interestingly, so far only Hashirama and Naruto have shown the ability to completely master sage chakra (not including Kabuto).

Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #419
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

That would be interesting. If it is the case, then I hope Tsunade pulls an improvised Slug Sennin Mode with the help of Katsuyu as a last resort against Madara.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #420
Marvin
Side-Kick

Sage mode eh. Interesting that like Jman and not like Naruto and Kabuto, Hashi has some oils on his face.

I just noticed that Hashi(like Madara) has actually broken free from Oro. I get that he wants to deal with Sasuke first but he really should get rid of Oro so that the rest of the Kages can go save the world. Then again could turn the rest of them on him and the village and this time they are at full power. Then again this is the first we're talking about, maybe he could stop them...even with crazy old Minato there....then again that would be very messy, this might be the better way.

Anyone thinking these kages are going to be released to help doesn't know oro. Sasuke won't be satisfied and Naruto and company will have to deal with Madara by themselves. I'm just curious what will come of Minato.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #421
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Sage mode eh. Interesting that like Jman and not like Naruto and Kabuto, Hashi has some oils on his face.

I just noticed that Hashi(like Madara) has actually broken free from Oro. I get that he wants to deal with Sasuke first but he really should get rid of Oro so that the rest of the Kages can go save the world. Then again could turn the rest of them on him and the village and this time they are at full power. Then again this is the first we're talking about, maybe he could stop them...even with crazy old Minato there....then again that would be very messy, this might be the better way.

Anyone thinking these kages are going to be released to help doesn't know oro. Sasuke won't be satisfied and Naruto and company will have to deal with Madara by themselves. I'm just curious what will come of Minato.
Actually Hashirama's Sage Mode is more similar to Naruto than Jiraiya's. Hashi has a fully mastered version of SM, like Naruto, while Jiraiya and Kabuto have a lesser form of SM.

Also, I think Sasuke will be satisfied...but he will probably just warp the idea of breaking the cycle of hatred. I'm thinking he will view the problem as being the constant battle between Uchiha/Senju and he will decide the only way to honor his brother and the Uchiha is to end that conflict, which will of course result in him strengthening his resolve in killing Naruto, but not the rest of the village as he was planning.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #422
Lord
All Mighty

These flashbacks are very well done, i don't know about the rest but there's something that i dislike a lot with part II of naruto, and that is the Child of prophecy. In the end neji was right:

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #423
Mr. Dent
Banned User

There's a lot not to like about part 2 lol.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #424
Lord
All Mighty

I've been liking the Madara flashback so far, but this week's chapter felt a little weird, hope the final confrontation between Hashirama and Madara doesn't disapoint.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #425
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Their final confrontation was shown in the first chapter of the flashback.

I'm just tired of this. I hope this flashback is over.