The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #51
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: Female Hype Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThePickles View Post
Has anyone started exchanging presents, yet? Spoons and I exchanged presents today because next weekend we'll be with our separate families. You can't even get this watch in stores yet...I was so surprised he got it for me!!

Nice Movado. I think the all black ones are really sharp.

Unfortunately, this Christmas is a budgeted Christmas so I just picked her up small items, dvd, blu-ray, iPod car adapter, and a GPS lifetime update.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Well you did just buy a house(if I recall correctly) so enjoy your inexpensive Christmas in your new house

Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #53
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Yeah, technically I bought her a "sectional" for Christmas.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #54
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Nice Movado. I think the all black ones are really sharp.

Unfortunately, this Christmas is a budgeted Christmas so I just picked her up small items, dvd, blu-ray, iPod car adapter, and a GPS lifetime update.
Thanks! As much as I love this watch, I'd take a house over presents any day! I'm sure your lady is just excited to be spending Christmas with you in your new home.

*~FHM~*
AndThePickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #55
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Has anyone started exchanging presents, yet? Spoons and I exchanged presents today because next weekend we'll be with our separate families. You can't even get this watch in stores yet...I was so surprised he got it for me!!

My girlfriend and I are exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve morning/afternoon, since we'll be spending Christmas Eve and Day going to both our family's houses and want to do something special just for us. Plus, I got her a nice necklace she really wanted so I want her to be able to wear it. Also got her a few little things I know she'll like.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Speaking of girly things, I saw a feature on the "infinity dress" on some TV show and I was like, "Ooh, I want." Then I Googled and discovered that ooh, I can make! As soon as I learn how to use my sewing machine. But 20 dresses in one is awfully tempting, especially if it's in a basic color like red or black.
I have a black dress that you can wear 6 ways. But 20? I want one too!

katie_girl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #57
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
I have a black dress that you can wear 6 ways. But 20? I want one too!
I know, right?

Whew, still recovering from lack of sleep due to my 6-hr baking marathon! Like last year, I made cookies for my lab group, but I think they turned out yummier than last year's! (The vegan ones are a little weird, but hopefully my vegan coworker can eat them...)

I might have to dole these out carefully so I can have some to bring to my family tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #58
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Yummy!

I'm going to attempt to make chocolate rum pots de creme this year...the ingredients are very simple, so I hope that it turns out ok!

*~FHM~*
Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #59
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Yummy!

I'm going to attempt to make chocolate rum pots de creme this year...the ingredients are very simple, so I hope that it turns out ok!
Hah, it was the cookies with the simplest ingredients that were the most difficult to handle. Butter without eggs makes for a very light, crumbly dough (and a light cookie), so I was forced to warm each spoonful in my hands and squeeze it compactly.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #60
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

I am very pleased that as I've gotten into my mid-20's, I've gotten curvier in the hips. However, my mother tried to tell me on Christmas that I have love handles

*~FHM~*
Old 12-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #61
redmarvel
The Mischievious Elf

What kind of mother does that to her kid?

My mom just asks, would you like ice cream or whip cream on your apple pie?

Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #62
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
I am very pleased that as I've gotten into my mid-20's, I've gotten curvier in the hips. However, my mother tried to tell me on Christmas that I have love handles
When my Mum broke up with my Dad we moved into a unit located in between two retirement villages.

I told her "When you hit 60, you're going over the fence..."

Sometimes you just have to keep the elds on their toes...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #63
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
She's just jealous. Women with hips are hot.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #64
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarvel View Post

My mom just asks, would you like ice cream or whip cream on your apple pie?
She's passed that endearing quality onto my sister, as well. We were at White House Black Market and she (my sis) was helping me look at New Year's Eve cocktail dresses. Her review for one of them as I tried it on was: "You're too curvy for this one...it doesn't look right. It'd look great on a skinny person, but..." I was like, it's a size 4, you brat! My family is full of flattery

*~FHM~*
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #65
Hound55

Well that last one depends on how she defines "skinny".

Being "too curvy" for one dress to look its best is not the same as someone saying that they think you're too curvy in general.

There are different body shapes and not all dresses are designed to suit every body shape.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 12-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #66
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Well that last one depends on how she defines "skinny".

Being "too curvy" for one dress to look its best is not the same as someone saying that they think you're too curvy in general.

There are different body shapes and not all dresses are designed to suit every body shape.
I know my dear Hound, but there is still the matter of the way she said it lol. The poor fitting room attendant who was helping us had her jaw on the floor in mortification.

*~FHM~*
Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #67
redmarvel
The Mischievious Elf

Indeed, she could have just said, "That style doesn't suit you, try something else".

Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #68
Hound55

She could have meant that you have a "normal, nice" figure and that "skinny" is down the overly lean side of the scale.

Personally, I'd probably add another comment mocking those to that extreme if I were to phrase it way at all, but I coul see how that could be not intended to offend and still accurate.

That said there's still a lot of context missing for me...

Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #69
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
She's passed that endearing quality onto my sister, as well. We were at White House Black Market and she (my sis) was helping me look at New Year's Eve cocktail dresses. Her review for one of them as I tried it on was: "You're too curvy for this one...it doesn't look right. It'd look great on a skinny person, but..." I was like, it's a size 4, you brat! My family is full of flattery
It's all relative. A size 4 ain't what it used to be. Still not fat though, no way. I'd really like to be a size 4, but the most I'll ever get is probably a 2.

Maybe your sister was thinking of "skinny" like ballerina skinny. Which would be like, 00 in today's sizing. Or, "sorry you'll have to look in the kid's section" like my mom would have to do if she ever went clothes shopping again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarvel View Post
Over Christmas, my sister was poking my butt to see if I had anything there. Then she proudly offered up her butt for me to poke as an example.

Yup, my family is weird...

Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #70
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
It's all relative. A size 4 ain't what it used to be. Still not fat though, no way. I'd really like to be a size 4, but the most I'll ever get is probably a 2.

Maybe your sister was thinking of "skinny" like ballerina skinny. Which would be like, 00 in today's sizing. Or, "sorry you'll have to look in the kid's section" like my mom would have to do if she ever went clothes shopping again.
Oh Anita, you're just as bad as she is, hahaha. It's all good, because I know that what she meant is I'm not flat-chested and I don't have a flat behind, but my family in general has a very unflattering way of saying things. The dress was one of those loose ones that would be more suited to ladies with more of a straight up and down shape, and I knew as soon as I put it on that I needed something more fitted, but her comment was phrased in an insulting way, rather than a nice way. It's the principle of the thing, considering these comments are coming from my family!

The remarks they make do sting considering who they're coming from, but back in high school I was naturally so thin that people would spread rumors that I was anorexic So, I suppose this is the trade I will have to settle for lol

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #71
Hound55

I don't get it.

...but then you could fill a stack of encyclopaedias with all that I don't know about women.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #72
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I don't get it.

...but then you could fill a stack of encyclopaedias with all that I don't know about women.
For a lot of women, the way something is worded can mean a lot, because we are expressive creatures A word of general advice: watch what you say about a woman's appearance unless you purposely intend for it to be insulting, ha.

I will also be honest and say that these comments from my family have coincidentally occurred when I'm hormonal as hell, so I'm sure that's part of why I remember them

*~FHM~*

Last edited by AndThePickles; 12-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #73
J'adore
Vous

Is anyone doing something for New Years Eve? A party or mingle evening of some sort?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #74
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Is anyone doing something for New Years Eve? A party or mingle evening of some sort?
Yeah, going to a dinner dance with my boyfriend and a group of friends How about yourself?

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #75
J'adore
Vous

Going to the Oxo Tower Restaurant for dinner w/ boyfriend, then on a boat for a small party with friends (and boyfriend too).