The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #76
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Female Hype Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThePickles View Post
For a lot of women, the way something is worded can mean a lot, because we are expressive creatures A word of general advice: watch what you say about a woman's appearance unless you purposely intend for it to be insulting, ha.

I will also be honest and say that these comments from my family have coincidentally occurred when I'm hormonal as hell, so I'm sure that's part of why I remember them
Haha, for me it mainly depends on who it's coming from, not how it's worded. Chinese relatives as a rule will never hesitate to tell you what they think of your weight! I think I might have inherited some of that, but my definition of fat is waaaaay higher than my mom's. And it's never ever the first thing I think about a person.

ATP, I'm sure you're awesome and hot and you probably should be happy you're not "skinny" like I am skinny. It helps that I'm a tomboy so being womanly is kinda the last thing on my mind...

Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #77
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I don't get it.

...but then you could fill a stack of encyclopaedias with all that I don't know about women.
Moral of the story: When talking to a lady about her appearance, lie or walk away.

lol@ wanting honesty

Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #78
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Moral of the story: When talking to a lady about her appearance, lie or walk away.

lol@ wanting honesty
Ummm, no reason to lie if you have ANYTHING positive to say

*~FHM~*
AndThePickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #79
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

So when you ask a man how you look, you should prob phrase it "Tell me the good things about my appearance." Cuz a naive man will be tempted to give you the good with the bad, the latter being the only thing you're likely to hear.

Watching a group of ladies compliment each other is one of my favorite activities b/c the sugar coating is so thick, I can taste it. Some veritaserum would go a long way

Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #80
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

No, when I ask you (you as in you specifically) how I look, it's because I wanna know if something looks bad so I can change it lol. I think it's different if it's a random stranger or something.

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #81
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

A few years ago, right after our divorce I asked my X wife when her baby was due. She asked if our son had said something about her being pregnant. I told her no, I just assumed....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #82
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
No, when I ask you (you as in you specifically) how I look, it's because I wanna know if something looks bad so I can change it lol. I think it's different if it's a random stranger or something.
Yup yup, you're beautiful, I'm beautiful, weeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 12-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #83
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #84
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:

Watching a group of ladies compliment each other is one of my favorite activities b/c the sugar coating is so thick, I can taste it. Some veritaserum would go a long way
Also, while this is often very true, I will say that I personally do not do this, but I'm tactful about it lol. If I don't have something good to say, I simply do not pay a compliment. However, I am also aware of how much a simple compliment can brighten someone's day, so I always pay attention as you can almost always find something wonderful about everyone. But, my actual compliments are always genuine.

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #85
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

PreK, that was the best . I'd love to see somebody refute that though.

Quote:
Also, while this is often very true, I will say that I personally do not do this, but I'm tactful about it lol. If I don't have something good to say, I simply do not pay a compliment. However, I am also aware of how much a simple compliment can brighten someone's day, so I always pay attention as you can almost always find something wonderful about everyone. But, my actual compliments are always genuine.
I like to leave the room/conversation in situations like that

Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #86
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:

What situation, though? This always occurs at random, for me.

*~FHM~*
Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #87
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

It's not hard to tell when somebody is fishing for a compliment. If I know I've got nothing nice or honest to say, I'll find a way out of the conversation quickly. If I'm trapped, I'll just fork it over and hate myself for it later lol

Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #88
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Ummm, no reason to lie if you have ANYTHING positive to say
In the case of your sister, you had to do a little bit of fanagling to make it into a put down. Could there have been a more tactful way to say that something doesn't look right on you? Sure, but at least she didn't say, "You're too fat to wear that."

I'm too skinny to wear deep v-necks. I have no problem with my sister or my mom pointing out that something I wear is more appropriate for a curvier woman. It's kind of a fact of life.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #89
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
It's not hard to tell when somebody is fishing for a compliment. If I know I've got nothing nice or honest to say, I'll find a way out of the conversation quickly. If I'm trapped, I'll just fork it over and hate myself for it later lol

I'm about to start calling you two Fred and Wilma in a minute.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #90
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm about to start calling you two Fred and Wilma in a minute.
Nah, way more Barney and Betty. Barney knows when to make himself scarce

Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #91
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
For a lot of women, the way something is worded can mean a lot, because we are expressive creatures A word of general advice: watch what you say about a woman's appearance unless you purposely intend for it to be insulting, ha.

I will also be honest and say that these comments from my family have coincidentally occurred when I'm hormonal as hell, so I'm sure that's part of why I remember them
I have no intention of being insulting, but I am generally honest to a fault.

As a guy who only weighed 35 kg going into high school I'm a firm believer in skinny being an undesireable extreme as well as fat.

That's why I'm having trouble understanding this. You seem proud that you're not as skinny as you once were, but when your sister points out that a certain dress wouldn't suit you as well as it would a skinny person, something that you're proud to say that you're not (bear in mind I'm talking about the lean extreme and not labelling you as fat - I don't even know what you look like in order to assess where you'd be on my sliding scale of skinny-----------------fat). Then I don't see how it is offensive.
Quote:
So when you ask a man how you look, you should prob phrase it "Tell me the good things about my appearance." Cuz a naive man will be tempted to give you the good with the bad, the latter being the only thing you're likely to hear.

I'd like to consider myself "naive" on the matter of social interaction with women, but given I repeat the same mistakes regularly "stupid" is probably closer to the mark.
Quote:
PreK, that was the best . I'd love to see somebody refute that though.

Quote:
Looks like you missed the cue to leave the thread on this occasion... HAHAHA!

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #92
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Quote:

Harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #93
J'adore
Vous

Suprised this didn't win thread of the year.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #94
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I have no intention of being insulting, but I am generally honest to a fault.

As a guy who only weighed 35 kg going into high school I'm a firm believer in skinny being an undesireable extreme as well as fat.

That's why I'm having trouble understanding this. You seem proud that you're not as skinny as you once were, but when your sister points out that a certain dress wouldn't suit you as well as it would a skinny person, something that you're proud to say that you're not (bear in mind I'm talking about the lean extreme and not labelling you as fat - I don't even know what you look like in order to assess where you'd be on my sliding scale of skinny-----------------fat). Then I don't see how it is offensive.
Oh lord, it really isn't/wasn't that big of a deal. I came in here to gripe briefly, not to over-analyze what was said I know I'm not even close to fat; my family has a way of irritating me; sometimes women just want to vent about small and/or stupid things lol.

I'd ask, "Don't you ever feel *****y around that time of the month?" but I don't think you could relate to that one

*~FHM~*

Last edited by AndThePickles; 12-30-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #95
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post

Aw, I don't think it's ever been nominated! I'm glad to see it getting so much action lately, though

*~FHM~*
Old 12-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #96
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Oh lord, it really isn't/wasn't that big of a deal. I came in here to gripe briefly, not to over-analyze what was said I know I'm not even close to fat; my family has a way of irritating me; sometimes women just want to vent about small and/or stupid things lol.

I'd ask, "Don't you ever feel *****y around that time of the month?" but I don't think you could relate to that one
Well this IS the "Female Hype Members" thread, so you're more than welcome to ask that.

I'm not a very hormonal person at all, but sometimes something will set me off when normally I'd brush it off no problem. Happens to the best of us.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #97
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

I'm not normally, but I switched pills and am currently finishing up month #2...having a rough time. I know it takes 3 or 4 months to adjust, but UGH, come on already! haha

The ones I switched to have a higher dose of hormones, so I've been getting mood swings. I try to stay conscious of them and not let myself get upset randomly. It's interesting, I can remember back before I was ever on the pill, I never had hormonal issues at all. But, better mood swings than babies

*~FHM~*
Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #98
Hound55

Quote:
I must be well due to pop a baby out at some stage... haven't had my period in the last 300 odd months...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 12-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #99
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
The same reason fanboys hate "chick flicks" regardless of how well written they may be.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #100
Hound55

Quote:
It did get a reference snuck in there though...

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...2&postcount=40

Sorry Pickles but I never turn down the chance to make a joke at my own expense and it was topical (sorta...)