The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 12-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #51
LuiECuomo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Michael Jackson: 1958-2009

So..."Michael" has leaked. For those who have heard it, what do you think?

I really dig this album. A review I read said it best: This is NOT the bottom of the barrel scrapheap that some advanced reviews would have you believe. Every track is enjoyable to some extent, and some are true standouts ("Best of Joy," "Behind the Mask," "Much Too Soon"). The only ones I could do without are "Hold My Hand" and "Keep Your Head Up"--the latter of which is really forgettable, late 90s "R&B" tripe.

As for the notorious Cascio tracks--the ones alleged to have been finished by someone other than the real Michael Jackson--I could take or leave them. In my WMP playlist, I simply replace "Keep Your Head Up", "Monster" and "Breaking News" with the recently leaked "Do You Know Where Your Children Are", "Blue Gangsta" and "Slave 2 The Rhythm", and it makes for a much stronger record.

LuiECuomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #52
ALP
In The Mountains

*sheds tear*

It feels so strange having new MJ songs without the actual MJ around.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #53
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

caught in a crossroads about hearing the leaked album....
i think i'd rather wait til i have the cd

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #54
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I've decided not to listen to any more leaked material & just wait for the album to drop.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #55
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Michael Jackson: 1958-2009

"fans" like some of you need to let go of the whole Michael and Jermaine feud. Both acknowledged their faults at that time and made up. Jermaine is still Michael's brother and you see Jermaine was there speaking up for Michael in 2005.

Jermaine, I feel, is the big brother that protected Michael and was the main one who wasn't afraid to say what he thought. The moment Michael was handcuffed he got on television and let out his frustration at the media, Sneddon, and etc. So some of you "fans" need let it go. If Michael forgave him then you should move on too.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #56
LastSunrise1981

We are in the middle of something big that is going to transpire. There's more to the story than what's being presented and you'll see soon.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #57
SpeterMan3
Formerly SpeterMan3

More to what story? There are constantly billions of Jackson stories occuring.

SpeterMan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #58
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
We are in the middle of something big that is going to transpire. There's more to the story than what's being presented and you'll see soon.
Cool story, bro

http://idolator.com/5707182/michael-...y-performances

Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #59
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Quadruple?!

UNHEARD OF!

Now I know why I never post here anymore.

Might as well make the most of it....

MJ and McCartney Collide!

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/12/07...ven-from-death

Last edited by OctaviusINC; 12-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
OctaviusINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #60
SpeterMan3
Formerly SpeterMan3

SpeterMan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #61
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
"fans" like some of you need to let go of the whole Michael and Jermaine feud. Both acknowledged their faults at that time and made up. Jermaine is still Michael's brother and you see Jermaine was there speaking up for Michael in 2005.

Jermaine, I feel, is the big brother that protected Michael and was the main one who wasn't afraid to say what he thought. The moment Michael was handcuffed he got on television and let out his frustration at the media, Sneddon, and etc. So some of you "fans" need let it go. If Michael forgave him then you should move on too.
I'm getting a little tired of you impugning people's fanship. You keep putting "fans" in quotes as if you're the high & mighty authority on who is & isn't a true fan. Not cool.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #62
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviusINC View Post

Jackson’s brothers have tapped Japanese-American pop/R&B star AI to stand in for Michael at a pair of “tribute” performances in Tokyo next year — and, perhaps, to record new music with the Jackson brothers as well.

Who the **** is going to buy an album of the Jackson 5 with some girl from Tokyo replacing Michael? The 5 remaining brothers of the group should do it at most. And even then, truthfully, no one in this world gives a damn about a Jackson 5 without Michael. And they are considering an album too? lol, 1975 called.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

Old 12-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #63
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you MJ fans here need to stop acting like babies and stop singling out of the family!

JabarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #64
Darkness Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
I'm getting a little tired of you impugning people's fanship. You keep putting "fans" in quotes as if you're the high & mighty authority on who is & isn't a true fan. Not cool.
it gets rather annoying doesn't it

Better Call Saul
Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #65
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you MJ fans here need to stop acting like babies and stop singling out of the family!
Except this is not the Jackson Family Hospitality thread, this is the Michael Jackson thread and mostly it is in the music section. Jermaine Jackson has little to no talent. He can only put on a few concerts following his brothers death to make a few bucks. If Michael Jackson were alive, Katherine would be the only one buying tickets to a Jermaine concert. I feel like Jermaine is exploiting MJ fans.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #66
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Except this is not the Jackson Family Hospitality thread, this is the Michael Jackson thread and mostly it is in the music section. Jermaine Jackson has little to no talent. He can only put on a few concerts following his brothers death to make a few bucks. If Michael Jackson were alive, Katherine would be the only one buying tickets to a Jermaine concert. I feel like Jermaine is exploiting MJ fans.
This is what I'm trying to say. It does appear that some of the family has been milking Michael's death for their own ends. I have seen more of Jermaine in the past year than I have in the past decade prior. And I don't remember seeing any of them step up to defend him against the tabloids or Sneddon the way they're "championing his memory" now. I would be more inclined to believe their claims that "Breaking News" isn't his voice if they hadn't been grabbing headlines left & right for the past year-albeit none as bad as Joe. And as for JabarR's claims that we're "singling out the family" (I truly don't know what that means)-if you have 9 people from the same gene pool go into the same line of work, for roughly the same number of years, all given the same opportunities and exposed to the same people, and 2 of those nine rise to prominence, maybe-just maybe-the remaining 7 didn't have what it takes. And if of those 2, one's star rises higher and shines brighter, it might be because that one simply brought more to the table. The Jacksons effectively broke up in 1984. I only give them that far because of the Victory tour. Essentially, once Thriller dropped, it was Michael's world & his brothers were just visiting. Look at Motown 25-people liked seeing his medley with the guys but it was his performance of "Billie Jean" that brought the house down and is to this day the most memorable part of the entire show-a solo rendition of a song that he didn't even record under that label. So then they go on tour. But do you really think people were going to see the Jacksons? They went to see Michael. And then afterwards, what happened? He went on to do a much bigger tour-SOLO. He continued making hits, without the brothers, continued performing in packed, sold-out arenas, B]without the brothers, [/B]and even spent his final days preparing to perform for yet another packed audience-once again-B]without the brothers[/B]. And did people protest their absence? Did people come away from his concerts wishing Jackie was there, or whining that he only devoted 10 minutes of the show to the Motown years? Not that I know of. I sure didn't. Meanwhile, Tito is playing at, what, the House Of Blues, to an audience of about 50 people? Jermaine (according to the ONE episode I watched of that abysmal reality show) is working on an album that I have yet to see any promos for. In fact I haven't seen anything of his in any store since "You Said", which dropped in '92. Marlon's solo album can probably be found in a $5 bin somewhere-you can't tell me that they can be accredited with Michael's success. Show me where their names appear in the credits of Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous or HIStory. SHow me what they did after Triumph that helped him in any way. Defend Jermaine & the others all you want, but facts are facts. He became the King Of Pop without their help, and we owe them nothing.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #67
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
it gets rather annoying doesn't it
It really does, particularly coming from someone who has repeatedly accused MJ of faking his death and flaunting his fraud by appearing on Larry King in disguise.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #68
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Blue Gangsta's really catchy.

The Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #69
venom892
Got Lucky

I'm loving Blue Gangsta.Should have been on Michael.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #70
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I'm loving Blue Gangsta.Should have been on Michael.
I agree, that and "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" should have been on the album.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #71
Blackman
C'mon Son

I havent heard all the album, but I like Monster and the bit I heard from the other tracks is pretty good

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #72
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Hold my Hand music video is online now, really an amazing music video and something mj himself would be proud of. The video gave me chills and nearly brought me to tears, the friends ive messaged that have seen it all have cried and said how amazing it was. Watch it and see for yourself
http://holdmyhand.michaeljackson.com/

Last edited by DCnightwing23; 12-09-2010 at 12:08 AM.
DCnightwing23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #73
Darkness Falls

i've only seen the 30 sec clip, can't wait to see the full video

Better Call Saul
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #74
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Hold my Hand music video is online now, really an amazing music video and something mj himself would be proud of. The video gave me chills and nearly brought me to tears, the friends ive messaged that have seen it all have cried and said how amazing it was. Watch it and see for yourself
http://holdmyhand.michaeljackson.com/
I liked that a lot. A very sweet and heartwarming music video. I think MJ would really love it. Made me like the song more too.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #75
LastSunrise1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
It really does, particularly coming from someone who has repeatedly accused MJ of faking his death and flaunting his fraud by appearing on Larry King in disguise.
That's because fans like you believe everything you read and hear without doing the least bit of research. Just because I believe MJ is alive doesn't dampen my intelligent or ability to accept reality.

Yes, I absolutely do believe MJ is alive. Nothing you, the media, mods, or anyone says will convince me otherwise. The fact that you say no one in the family stood up against Sneddon or the media shows you don't understand, appreciate, or researched anything. From the moment the accusations were announced Jermaine stood up for Michael, so did Katherine, Joseph, and the entire Jackson clan.

It's no secret they had their feuds, but what family doesn't? They were there for Michael and loves them and they love him. Without him he would've died during the trial for sure.

As for my beliefs? I honestly believe Michael Jackson THE KING OF POP is dead, but Michael the man and the potential film director is alive. Guess you never knew he talked about faking his death and disappearing before. Spare me the whole "he would never do that to his fans", because that is a selfish statement.

He owes us nothing and what upsets is that you all feel like he owes you an explanation or owes you whatever. He doesn't owe you, you, or the world anything. He was and is his own man.

As for faking his death? It's not fraud if he's under a witness protection program and received help from the government and his family ALONG WITH HIS KIDS know the deal. He didn't leave them.

I didn't accuse MJ of anything. Accusing him would be saying that he molested children, killed children, and stole material THAT is accusing. Saying I believe he faked his death isn't an accusation it's a belief that I have, there is a difference. I'll continue to have that belief until I'm proven otherwise and when I'm proven right I expect a full on apology.

But I'm through with this thread anyways. There's a reason I don't post in here much seeing as no one talks about his music, dancing, his philantrophy, or anything. It's all about the drama and no one here understands or appreciates him anyways. I'll come back when my belief is proven right though.

Man I feel better.