The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #76
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
Yikes, that scan reminds me of just how little sense Steph's hair conversation made. Damian's hair is cropped so short he might as well be covering his head entirely. Same with Dick most of the time, and Tim. It just...it makes no sense.

Though frankly, most of the time I don't see the hair thing as that big a liability for martial artists compared to strapping freaking shower curtains to their backs and going around fighting people.
Not only that, but Steph's logic is flawed. Just because other people do it it doesnt make it right. But eh, we re looking too much into a simple chat.

Btw they re sitting somewhere high in the batcave while Dick and Barbara are talking about her training Steph against Bruce's wishes. I really liked that temporary composition of the Bat family with Dick and Babs as the heads and Damian and Steph as the pupils/sidekicks. Now Bruce got back, Oracle went into hiding, and sooner or later Dick is gonna stop being Batman.

When Inc is done and Morrison leaves we re going back to the same old, same old.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #77
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Damian totally has a crush on Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Earle
They pretend to not like each other but in reality she's like his older sister.
D'awwwww

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #78
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Damian totally has a crush on Steph
I think it's Kara, but it could just be Dick poking fun at him. Either way Dick made me laugh.


Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #79
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

You can never have too many hawt blondes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Not only that, but Steph's logic is flawed. Just because other people do it it doesnt make it right. But eh, we re looking too much into a simple chat.

Btw they re sitting somewhere high in the batcave while Dick and Barbara are talking about her training Steph against Bruce's wishes. I really liked that temporary composition of the Bat family with Dick and Babs as the heads and Damian and Steph as the pupils/sidekicks. Now Bruce got back, Oracle went into hiding, and sooner or later Dick is gonna stop being Batman.

When Inc is done and Morrison leaves we re going back to the same old, same old.


I hope not

I hope that at least some of the members of Inc like Gaucho and Knight and Squire stick around

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #80
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,735
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

How are the first 16 issues of Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans?

__________________
"I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!"
Thoughts & Rambles
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #81
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

The early issues of Wolfman's Teen Titans are pretty good Drz. It goes downhill in the last couple of years but the earlier issues are pretty neat i think you would like them

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #82
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,191
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

I wish they would let Gen4 move into their college years instead of constantly keeping them in highschool. Seems weird to have Tim back with how much he has grown up since leaving the team while Conner/Cassie/Bart are still in highschool and will probably never graduate.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #83
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Cassie's still not graduated

She's still going to be in high school when she's twenty five isn't she

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #84
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I wish they would let Gen4 move into their college years instead of constantly keeping them in highschool. Seems weird to have Tim back with how much he has grown up since leaving the team while Conner/Cassie/Bart are still in highschool and will probably never graduate.
Indeed. The current team is a bunch of losers still hanging on to the Titans, like 20 year olds still living with their parents. At least Tim, Beast Boy, Ravager and Superboy should move out. Maybe Cassie as well. In any case the book needs a better writer and a better hero composition. I know this is how the Titans have always been, but its too emo, too sad and miserable. Yeah i know they re teens and there should be drama, but there's no fun or adventure either.

When Batgirl and Supergil do a much better job at that, its time to reassess. Get Krul and Scott (she's good but her faces are all the same and kinda weird and disturbing) off the book, and get some new members.

- Supes representative: Supergirl (leader)
- Bats rep: Batgirl
- WW rep: ---- (unless they introduce a new character Cassie would mean blonde overkill)
- Arrow representative: (is there anyone left at this moment?)
- Blue Beetle (Isnt he too young for the JLI? I guess teaming up with Booster is too good to miss. Can he be on both teams?)
- Kid Flash
- Miss Martian
- Mon El.

Write the book in a fun way like the Batgirl book has been. Dont drown it in teen angst.


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 05-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #85
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Cassie's still not graduated

She's still going to be in high school when she's twenty five isn't she
You know it!
Unless they introduce a new Wonder Girl, she'll be stuck in Wonder Girl duty till she's 80.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #86
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Indeed. The current team is a bunch of losers still hanging on to the Titans, like 20 year olds still living with their parents. At least Tim, Beast Boy, Ravager and Superboy should move out. Maybe Cassie as well. In any case the book needs a better writer and a better hero composition. I know this is how the Titans have always been, but its too emo, too sad and miserable. Yeah i know they re teens and there should be drama, but there's no fun or adventure either.

When Batgirl and Supergil do a much better job at that, its time to reassess. Get Krul and Scott (she's good but her faces are all the same and kinda weird and disturbing) off the book, and get some new members.

- Supes representative: Supergirl (leader)
- Bats rep: Batgirl
- WW rep: ---- (unless they introduce a new character Cassie would mean blonde overkill)
- Blue Beetle (yeah he is in the JLI and its fun, but isnt he too young for that? I guess teaming up with Booster is better. Can he be on both teams?)
- Kid Flash
- Arrow representative: (is there anyone left at this moment?)
- Miss Martian
- Mon El.

Write the book in a fun way like the Batgirl book has been. Dont drown it in teen angst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Indeed. The current team is a bunch of losers still hanging on to the Titans, like 20 year olds still living with their parents. At least Tim, Beast Boy, Ravager and Superboy should move out. Maybe Cassie as well. In any case the book needs a better writer and a better hero composition. I know this is how the Titans have always been, but its too emo, too sad and miserable. Yeah i know they re teens and there should be drama, but there's no fun or adventure either.

When Batgirl and Supergil do a much better job at that, its time to reassess. Get Krul and Scott (she's good but her faces are all the same and kinda weird and disturbing) off the book, and get some new members.

- Supes representative: Supergirl (leader)
- Bats rep: Batgirl
- WW rep: ---- (unless they introduce a new character Cassie would mean blonde overkill)
- Blue Beetle (yeah he is in the JLI and its fun, but isnt he too young for that? I guess teaming up with Booster is better. Can he be on both teams?)
- Kid Flash
- Arrow representative: (is there anyone left at this moment?)
- Miss Martian
- Mon El.

Write the book in a fun way like the Batgirl book has been. Dont drown it in teen angst.
Awwww i like Nicola Scott's art on Teen Titans I think she is a great artist

I give your ideas for who should be on the team the though

They should have Arrowette or Speedy on the Teen Titans if they need an archer

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #87
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

I like Scott but sometimes her poses are wooden and her faces are weird. She is a very good artist though, i guess i'm being picky.

As for Arrowette and Speedy i didnt think of them. How old are they now?

Damn, the Titans are gonna be a girls club if DC does it my way. Maybe they need Damian as a guest star (not as a member), sneaking in the tower and trolling them, stealing their bras, jumping from the shadows and pulling their bras to snap at their backs, and all that.

It would be trolltastic!


Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #88
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,191
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

The current team just needs to grow up, move into Titans territory and just leave the title TeenTitans dead for a couple of years. Let some members leave and do their own thing while some stay since they like their family dynamic and arent ready to leave. And lets see some of their lives outside of the tower (im sure some of them would decide to go to college and be it the same college)

But I espically want Cassie and Bart to just grow up more since I just get annoyed now seeing Bart look like he did 10 years ago as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
When Batgirl and Supergil do a much better job at that, its time to reassess. Get Krul and Scott (she's good but her faces are all the same and kinda weird and disturbing) off the book, and get some new members.

- Supes representative: Supergirl (leader)
- Bats rep: Batgirl
- WW rep: ---- (unless they introduce a new character Cassie would mean blonde overkill)
- Arrow representative: (is there anyone left at this moment?)
- Blue Beetle (Isnt he too young for the JLI? I guess teaming up with Booster is too good to miss. Can he be on both teams?)
- Kid Flash
- Miss Martian
- Mon El.

Write the book in a fun way like the Batgirl book has been. Dont drown it in teen angst.
It would be nice if they ever had any of their characters dye their hair. And even though I dont mind but Supergirl hasnt been around as long as the current TT team (minus MM and BB) and she has matured so much quicker than they have its funny.


Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #89
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Supergirl was gone after Crisis on Multiple Crisis Infinite Earths in Crisis and reintroduced in that Superman/Batman story that was made into an animated movie. Now she's supposedly around 17 as the editors said in response to the fanmail at the back of some issue.

I think its a good age for her. She's one of the characters that i wouldnt mind seeing stuck at that age, although it would defy logic at some point.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #90
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,191
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Well she has been 17 for awhile now. Hal Jordan already commented on her age back when they were starting Brave and Bold again. She should be around 19 now if anything but thats looked at as to old...so..but I miss her friendship with Cassie (which it would be nice to have as a subplot in Titans/Supergirl of them living together and going their seperate routes when it came to their superheroics and maybe attend college together)


Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-08-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #91
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Red Robin and the older Teen Titans move into the Titans title to let newer heroes star in Teen Titans

Anything would be better than Deathstroke's team of losers in Titans

I realised that series would suck when they had one of his team kill a man with her volcanic va-jay-jay

That happened

She burned a guy to death by generating flame from there

And then they killed off Ryan Choi

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #92
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I like Scott but sometimes her poses are wooden and her faces are weird. She is a very good artist though, i guess i'm being picky.

As for Arrowette and Speedy i didnt think of them. How old are they now?

Damn, the Titans are gonna be a girls club if DC does it my way. Maybe they need Damian as a guest star (not as a member), sneaking in the tower and trolling them, stealing their bras, jumping from the shadows and pulling their bras to snap at their backs, and all that.

It would be trolltastic!

I can actually imagine Damian making the troll face

And having Supergirl and Batgirl on the team together would be fun on a bun they are adorable together

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #93
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

I was joking about Damian as i dont expect that to ever happen, but it would be hilarious if they did it for one issue!

I agree about Steph and Kara. They re great together. They've had a team up or two in Steph's book if i am not mistaken. Btw Steph will team up with Squire in an issue or two. Its gonna be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Well she has been 17 for awhile now. Hal Jordan already commented on her age back when they were starting Brave and Bold again. She should be around 19 now if anything but thats looked at as to old...so..but I miss her friendship with Cassie (which it would be nice to have as a subplot in Titans/Supergirl of them living together and going their seperate routes when it came to their superheroics and maybe attend college together)
She's friends with Steph. You could track down the issues Kara guest stars in her book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
I realised that series would suck when they had one of his team kill a man with her volcanic va-jay-jay
Lol what? Really?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #94
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,191
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Ya I know she's friends with Stephanie now but I still miss me some kara/cassie moments. They were a nice change from the usual S/B worlds finest take with a Super/Wonder taking over.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #95
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Yes really

It was pretty wacky and not in a good way

And she's on the same team as Arsenal the cat Taffyer

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe

Last edited by Mystirious; 05-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #96
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Ya I know she's friends with Stephanie now but I still miss me some kara/cassie moments. They were a nice change from the usual S/B worlds finest take with a Super/Wonder taking over.
I ship them

Also Cassie and Steph. I guess I just like shipping Cass with cute blondes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Earle
I agree about Steph and Kara. They re great together. They've had a team up or two in Steph's book if i am not mistaken. Btw Steph will team up with Squire in an issue or two. Its gonna be awesome!
I loved the team up issue where they fought an army of Dracula's

It was hilarious and they were adorable

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #97
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Ya I know she's friends with Stephanie now but I still miss me some kara/cassie moments. They were a nice change from the usual S/B worlds finest take with a Super/Wonder taking over.
I guess her team up with Cassie doesnt interest me because they re both "super". Steph lacks powers so they play off well with other. Also, Cassie is too serious business and she bores me.

So anyway I thought that with Bruce "dead" and Superman walking that they would focus on showing us the new generation of World's Finest and the JL, just like they showed us what would happen if Bruce died and was succeeded.

They partially did that in the JL with Dick, Donna and Kara, although if Kara is 17, isnt she too young for it? I dont like the book anyway so whatever.

Then, the S/B book continued to tell stories about Bruce and Clark. Only now did it occur to them to explore a world's finest team up with Dick and Kara. I think Winnick is gonna write it and its gonna come out during the summer. Sometimes it seems that its only Winnick that sits down and thinks about this stuff, just like he cared to write a S/B story about Bruce's death. I mean i know its gonna be all mourning, but i want to feel the loss, not just move on to Dickbats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Yes really

It was pretty wacky and not in a good way

And she's on the same team as Arsenal the cat Taffyer


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 05-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #98
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

I just checked and its actually gonna be Dick teaming up with Clark and the issue is gonna come out on June 8th. I would rather it was Kara, but hey, at least she's teamed up with Damian a couple of times and it was awesome so i guess that will have to do for now.

Btw, Kara visits Dick at the cave in an issue of JL and Damian is spying on them. Why would they even care to draw him spying? His first crush lol?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #99
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,191
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

While I like Supergirl joining the League (even if the both the creative team doesnt interest me) it is a bit a fetch since she wasnt even really explored in TeenTitans (and I rather have her in TT than JL) and she has been part of every major group except for the Justice Society.

Plus Cassie needs a best friend right now (and in general) that can get through her seriousness.


Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #100
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Here's the pic from JL #55. Dont mind the black suit and Kara's demeanor. Its some "dark Supergirl" bullcrap subplot that's going on in the book.


Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.