Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #326
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader5489 View Post
But the reason they cancelled "that dumbass Magneto project" is because its basic story exists in First Class now, and would make a separate X-Men Origins: Magneto redundant. Not because Wolverine was some box office flop.

Exactly. First Class uses an amalgam of ideas that would of been in a Magneto Origins film.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #327
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader5489 View Post
But the reason they cancelled "that dumbass Magneto project" is because its basic story exists in First Class now, and would make a separate X-Men Origins: Magneto redundant. Not because Wolverine was some box office flop.
Don't pay any attention to Vile One.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #328
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
Cool. So this Tim Miller guy actually came up with a presentation? Interesting. I imagine it might have been the opening to the movie or something. Going by the script, the opening is insane and right from the off sets the tone of the movie. I hope we get to see it at some point.

Also glad to hear Reynolds say it's gonna be "cheap". If they wanna make this film nasty, like he says, they can't be throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at it. I'm thinking along the lines of Kick-Ass, which was made for what? 30-40 million dollars?

Last edited by The Morningstar; 06-09-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #329
Lord
All Mighty

I still hope to one day see a magneto testament movie.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #330
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post

Awesome, cant wait for the day when we finally get a teaser for this flick. Been waiting too long. All sounds good to me, just skip RIPD and go to Deadpool Mr. Reynolds.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #331
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Cool. So this Tim Miller guy actually came up with a presentation? Interesting. I imagine it might have been the opening to the movie or something. Going by the script, the opening is insane and right from the off sets the tone of the movie. I hope we get to see it at some point.

Also glad to hear Reynolds say it's gonna be "cheap". If they wanna make this film nasty, like he says, they can't be throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at it. I'm thinking along the lines of Kick-Ass, which was made for what? 30-40 million dollars?
Going by which script?

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #332
The Morningstar
Banned User

The script that was leaked ages ago. I thought it was common knowledge by now? It was definitely the real one, Rhett Reese admitted it on Twitter. Of course it may have gone through revisions since then.

It should be quite easy to find online.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #333
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Oh, I knew nothing of any script.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #334
The Morningstar
Banned User

It was pretty awesome. The tone and characterisation of Deadpool was spot on. Tragic, but hilarious. Some great satire in there. There is a running gag about Hugh Jackman that is brilliant. And the action scenes were insane.

There is a couple of things in it that would need to be changed now. Like a certain pop culture reference that is kinda dated these days. And a couple of plot holes.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #335
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I still refuse to read it.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #336
CelticPredator
Banned User

Script is so good. I just re-read it. Nothing is really that expensive. Aside from the ****load of slow mo shots...but those dont even need to be slow mo....

Old 06-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #337
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
Script is so good. I just re-read it. Nothing is really that expensive. Aside from the ****load of slow mo shots...but those dont even need to be slow mo....
Is it possible you could send it to me? I'd love to read it.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #338
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If this movie ever gets released.

I'm thinking it would perform like Daredevil in the box-office.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #339
The Morningstar
Banned User

Daredevil actually did pretty well at the box office. And seeing as they are making Deadpool cheap, I'm guessing for no more than 50 million, then it doesn't need to be making massive money.

If they marketed it as an insane action comedy instead of a superhero movie, it would do well.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #340
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If this movie ever gets released.

I'm thinking it would perform like Daredevil in the box-office.
Reynolds is a box office draw nowadays, the fanboys like him and so does the general audience. We will be able to confirm that by GL opening soon. Most people who dont know comics think that flick looks stupid, yet they will still see it cause they like Reynolds. In some polls Ive seen Deadpool has beaten X4 for the X Men flick people are looking the most forward to.

Deadpool will also look bad ass and hilarious ditching most of the geek aspects alot of people have been associating with comic films. It will be a nice switch up from the rest. Doesnt matter if its R. People like Deadpool and people like Reynolds. It will make money. Every teen will be asking an adult in line to buy them tix for sure when its released. Deadpool and Reynolds def have a bigger draw then Daredevil imo.

Last edited by def28; 06-10-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #341
The Morningstar
Banned User

I don't know if i'd call Reynolds that big a box office draw. Not yet anyway.

They need to market this movie as an crazy action movie with a wise cracking ninja dude, instead of a superhero movie. It'll get the action junkies on board, because the action in the script really is utterly insane.

And casting some actors with fans of their own as the villains and supporting characters will help.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #342
def28
Side-Kick

Im not saying the guy owns the world but hes pretty high up there for a marketable actor. More so then any other 30 something actor. Hes a household name now, and Deadpools also pretty popular thanks to his 5 or so ongoing series the past 2 years. Which I also think Reynolds is for responsible when the hype for XMOW came out. Hes not gonna have to look for work in awhile. This year will def prove that if GL and the Change up are a success.

Folks are gonna get tired of this comic formula soon and I think Deadpool will def bring something different to the table. I also really dont think box office will be such a problem as most think. Deadpool looks cooler then most comic characters and the action/comedy will play well. The 15-35 demographic will be all about it. Who doesnt want to see a movie about a wise cracking, kitana wielding, fully armed merc?

Last edited by def28; 06-10-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #343
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Reynolds is a box office draw nowadays, the fanboys like him and so does the general audience. We will be able to confirm that by GL opening soon. Most people who dont know comics think that flick looks stupid, yet they will still see it cause they like Reynolds. In some polls Ive seen Deadpool has beaten X4 for the X Men flick people are looking the most forward to.

Deadpool will also look bad ass and hilarious ditching most of the geek aspects alot of people have been associating with comic films. It will be a nice switch up from the rest. Doesnt matter if its R. People like Deadpool and people like Reynolds. It will make money. Every teen will be asking an adult in line to buy them tix for sure when its released. Deadpool and Reynolds def have a bigger draw then Daredevil imo.
Ben Affleck was big too when they released Daredevil.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #344
The Morningstar
Banned User

Daredevil was a modest box office success anyway. It made around 200 million WW on a 70 million budget.

If they make Deadpool for around, 50 million, it'd be less risky. It make the same sorta money as Daredevil would be a pretty big success really.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #345
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus
Ben Affleck was big too when they released Daredevil.
That's hardly a good comparison. People have wanted Reynolds for Wade for a long time now, no one wanted Affleck for Murdock. Reynolds had been in several comic films, Affleck had been in none. Daredevil had a very average director, Deadpool could go either way with an unfamiliar director.

This is the second time you've said Deadpool will be like Daredevil. What are you basing this on, other than the fact that both heroes wear red and have names that start with 'D'?!?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #346
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Does anyone have the script to this?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #347
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Not anymore, sorry dude.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #348
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Nah don't sweat it. I was just curious.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #349
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well I only read it because I was very skeptical, but the script was actually so cool I kinda wish I hadn't spoiled it.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #350
SWAT
Section20 Operator.

Playing Army of Two: 40th Day with a Deadpool mask, grenade launcher with flower decals and Nolan North as the voice. Needles to say the end scene was epic.

Never Run, Turn Around And Face The One's Who Push You Out.
Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
Closed Thread