The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #501
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,691
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

wolverine is a bad movie and its problems make it so

Lord is online now  
Old 07-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #502
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,691
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I was asked to explain why I liked the movie. I did. That's still not good enough, and all that's happened since is the fanboy crusade telling me how wrong I am . Enjoy Deadpool.
you were the one that started the crusade of trying to prove how wrong we were for considering wolverine a bad movie so don't try to make yourself a victim

Lord is online now  
Old 07-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #503
PWN3R
mowing lawns
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 19,955
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

That's the problem I think everyone has with Nell. It's fine if he likes 'Wolverine', hell, I take guilty pleasure in Jackman's 'Van Helsing', so I'm no one to talk.
It's just that pseudo elitism where is simply dismisses everyone who disagrees as a case of close minded fanboyism, and then plays the victim card frequently. It's old.

Objectively, the film is flawed beyond recognition of the character. He chooses to ignore this blatant fact when people point it out.

__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #504
S.A.A.D.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In a ****tree
Posts: 5,448
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
A movie is not bad due to a lack of violence.

Sorry you all didn't like it. I did. And no, I dont see it as a "bad" movie, so its pointless telling me how flawed it is as a film because I dont see the same severity.

And CelticPred, maybe "anyone who likes x3 and wolverine has the intelligence of a 12 year old" will jog your mind.

I was asked to explain why I liked the movie. I did. That's still not good enough, and all that's happened since is the fanboy crusade telling me how wrong I am. Enjoy Deadpool.
It's bad for one reason if you dig action from movies alot.


S.A.A.D. is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #505
S.A.A.D.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In a ****tree
Posts: 5,448
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
It is impossible to consider Wolverine a bad movie when truly terrible films like Blade 2, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Elektra, and Punisher: War Zone exist.

And its leaps and bounds better than mediocre / alright but not memorable movies like Fantastic Four, Daredevil or Ghost Rider.

Wolverine is a flawed movie, but its no del Toro movie.
Hellboy? Hellboy 2? Blade 2?

S.A.A.D. is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #506
CelticPredator
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Yeah, he has no taste in film. Seriously.

CelticPredator is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #507
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,827
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Jesus Christ. No matter what movie, book, music, food, TV show, play, game, prostate exam, or whatever it comes to, no two people will have the experience or opinion. We all know that. What's the point in trying to prove to someone that their opinion is wrong? They're not going to, and they shouldn't, change their opinion.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #508
CelticPredator
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Well...when you hate everything good, and love everything bad and make a huge deal about.....then your taste is kinda weird..aint it?

Plus, it's the internet. Not real life. Therefor, rules change. And what they like, is who they are, ect...all that jizzy jazzz.

CelticPredator is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #509
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
That's the problem I think everyone has with Nell. It's fine if he likes 'Wolverine', hell, I take guilty pleasure in Jackman's 'Van Helsing', so I'm no one to talk.
It's just that pseudo elitism where is simply dismisses everyone who disagrees as a case of close minded fanboyism, and then plays the victim card frequently. It's old.

Objectively, the film is flawed beyond recognition of the character. He chooses to ignore this blatant fact when people point it out.
No, my problem is that my liking of Wolverine is only accepted if it comes with a disclaimer of being a "guilty pleasure". The notion that me genuinely liking Wolverine being wrong has been something running rampant around here since the movie came out, and even longer when you take into consideration my liking of X-Men 3. That "pseudo elitism" that you're talking about comes from all the **** I've taken over the years for having the audacity to like X-Men 3, and Wolverine, and that opinion is only allowed if it's considered a "guilty pleasure". Wolverine isn't a guilty pleasure for me. I genuinely like it. And people on this forum have taken issue with that since 2009. Because people around here can't accept the opinion that someone may like X-Men 3 and Wolverine as more than just "guilty pleasures". It's rather annoying and obnoxious.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #510
PWN3R
mowing lawns
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 19,955
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

I don't care about your taste in film, man. Seriously. It's just baffling how you refuse to acknowledge what has been pointed out about its mistakes in both plotting and depictions of the characters.

All you ever go on to say is, "it does not make it inherently bad." It kinda does, bro.

__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #511
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
The notion that me genuinely liking Wolverine being wrong has been something running rampant around here since the movie came out
Well, to be fair to us, it's more the notion of ANYONE genuinely liking Wolverine :P



Look, the fact of the matter is, there are many ways to look at a film.... To say whether you liked/enjoyed it or didn't like/enjoy it is a subjective assessment, which no one can take away from you. To say it is a good/well made or bad/poorly made film is OBJECTIVE because it's based on tangible evidence, such as how well the script comes together, lighting, action scenes, acting, all these tangible things that CAN be judged, and Wolverine just doesn't match up.

This is about the movie, not you. Don't try and peg yourself as someone being victimised, it's simply not true. You say you love X3? I personally find it a bit out of place in the X-series, but as a movie it's fine! It looks gorgeous in some parts, no random cuts, the story beats all connect. On a technical level, the film works. I would say most problems people have with that movie is mainly on a story level, but that itself IS more subjective. Wolverine, however, is a very different movie to X3.

I was kinda on your side before, but as I said, liking a bad film is one thing, which is fine if you can own it, but being in denial that a film is bad is just silly. You're allowed to like whatever you damn well want, but please let the evidence speak for itself. I mean, if Patrick Stewarts badly CGI'd face cut onto a mannequins body isn't enough to make you see that, I don't know what is.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #512
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Wolverine has flaws. Lots and lots of them.

If you can overlook those flaws and still get enjoyement out of the movie? Good for you.

But don't flat out deny that those flaws are there, because that makes you look stupid.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #513
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

I never denied those flaws exist. Did you all not see my posts? I pointed them out pretty plainly. It is a flawed film, and that is one reason why it's my least favorite of the series.

What I don't agree with is the severity of the "bad". You all are going to the extreme that the "bad" makes it some horribly unredeemable film that can only be enjoyed as a "guilty pleasure". I see it's "bad" as detracting from the potential that it had, and not allowing it to be as good as it could have been, but still having "good" elements as well that make the movie as a whole just fine. Flawed. But fine. Not how I'd make a movie, but not so bad that it's just some steaming pile of trash.

CGI??? Really??? Yes. The CGI in the movie is downright awful in a number of places. But calling the film bad because of bad CGI is like saying Nintendo games suck because they have bad graphics.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #514
PWN3R
mowing lawns
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 19,955
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

CGI??? Really??? Yes. The CGI in the movie is downright awful in a number of places. But calling the film bad because of bad CGI is like saying Nintendo games suck because they have bad graphics.
And you ask if we read your posts...

This is why people continue to bash you, Nell. You come across as if you're looking down on people who can't see what you see in Wolverine.

I guess we're all rabid fanboys jerking off to Nolan's vest.

__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #515
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

I was using that particular example but I could use more if you like... The flooding of unnecessary characters, who didn't further the story or contribute in any way and only seemed to serve as a distraction from the title characters development, in what is easily the most important story in the characters entire arc?

Or the plotholes, such as Gambit calling him 'Logan' when he wasn't introduced that way at all...

Or the poorly and choppily edited fight scenes? Or the visible strings on Sabretooth in the bar fight?

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 AM   #516
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,691
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I was using that particular example but I could use more if you like... The flooding of unnecessary characters, who didn't further the story or contribute in any way and only seemed to serve as a distraction from the title characters development, in what is easily the most important story in the characters entire arc?

Or the plotholes, such as Gambit calling him 'Logan' when he wasn't introduced that way at all...

Or the poorly and choppily edited fight scenes? Or the visible strings on Sabretooth in the bar fight?
Lol

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #517
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

haha yea that's another thing. Even as an action movie it's kinda lame. Especially the Wolverine vs Creed fights. They really were pretty dull and unimaginative. I expected so much more from them.

Ironically the only good action scenes were the first Wade Wilson scene with the chopping bullets out of the air, the start of the Gambit vs Wolverine fight and the final part of the barakapool fight.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #518
PWN3R
mowing lawns
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 19,955
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

The best part is Wolverine slicing down that poor ladder, while Gambit continues to move up.

SO ****ing funny.

__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #519
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

I'd say the only cool moments of the whole film were Wade Wilson pre-mouth stitching, the opening credits montage, the scene were Creed sticks his hand through Wraiths spine and maybe some of the Canadian lumberjack Wolverine stuff.... Now, if only these moments were somehow connected by a well constructed film.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #520
Hellion
He's Not Serious
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Southern CA--with the other beautiful people
Posts: 4,951
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

I agree Wolverine has many flaws, but I do enjoy the film. And I generally agree with what most people say about Wolverine (and to an extent X3--honestly, I think the good outweighs the bad in X3)...but to each his own...

...any news on Deadpool? I've been too busy lurking in the Spidey (is Spidey's crotch really that important?) and Bat (I like Bane's costume) threads...

__________________
My heart was telling me lies, for you they're true.
Hellion is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #521
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Just the same interviews with Reynolds where he is saying they are working on it right now. The most recent one is on the Deadpool Bugle. Says he is doing RIPD next then is doing Deadpool.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #522
McSqueeb
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 88
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

In the first scene Reynolds appears in of the Change-Up, he's twirling a katana around in his apartment.

McSqueeb is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #523
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Fun fact, 'Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool' is an anagram of 'Deapool is Ryan Reynolds'. True story, try it yourself. I was completely blown away.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 08-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #524
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

It's fate.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #525
Michael Frost
Snowman
 
Michael Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,453
Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

So stupid... lol

__________________
Get good writers for Deadpool! Done.
Get a decent director for Deadpool. Done.
Start making the Deadpool movie already!
Michael Frost is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.