Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #626
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFrost View Post
I find it really ironic that he follows comments on being hopeful for Deadpool with this about RIPD:
Well, to be fair, he was only doing what all actors do with an upcoming movie - promoting it as much as possible. He wants it to be a financial and critical success - especially after Green Lantern. And with RIPD being an unfamiliar concept to mainstream audiences, it will need an extra push because the concept itself sounds silly (an afterlife police department? Seems more of a TV show than a blockbuster)

Old 02-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #627
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGirl299 View Post
DEADPOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
I just love this guy! And a movie about him would epic crazy wild fun and gory...I would totally watch it. It should be less serious than all the other X movies, but also with a bit of sobriety--come on, they basically deformed the guy back in Wolverine.
I think the only weird thing here is that they sealed his mouth in the aformentioned movie, so now he's the Merc with the.....?
And it should be fun to see him mercilessly break the Fourth Wall, as is his trademark. Plus any chances of seeing Bob Agent of Hydra??
Going by the script the Wolverine movie is an actual movie in the universe Deadpool inhabits. He makes fun of it. So i wouldn't worry about his mouth being sewn up.

And alas, no Bob.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #628
Michael Frost
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, to be fair, he was only doing what all actors do with an upcoming movie
Of course, and that's fine with me.

It's just odd to see him leave hope in the air when talking about Deadpool when 5 minutes later he's contradicting it by stating that these types of things don't really happen that often...

I guess it's a good wake-up call for those who didn't know it...

Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #629
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I wouldn't go by that Deadpool script for anything. It was over a year ago now that it got leaked online and the film still isn't in production yet, I'd say there have been at least several re-writes by now.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #630
The Morningstar
Banned User

I'd imagine so. But i wouldn't think much has changed. Just some of the pop culture references and jokes like the Amy Winehouse one.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #631
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Are you kidding? First of all, Fox knew it got leaked so there is no way they would sit there with that version of the script. It'd bound to be changed. Secondly, Fox are one of those studios who get multiple rewrites on scripts just as a standard practice. There might be elements or a basic structure similar to that script but don't be surprised if for the most part, it's very different.

You know, assuming the film ever actually happens.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #632
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea i understand that. But you don't needlessly change the entire script. I imagine the structure and story will stay the same, it'll just be polished. And like I said, I think some of the pop culture references would be updated.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #633
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't think a script leak would be 'needless' as far as changes go. That's pretty much worse case scenario for an unfinished script.

And yes, every writer is different so structure and story may change quite a lot. Basically, you can assume the overall story direction may change but as far as individual scenes etc, those are bound to change. It's a lot more complicated than just updating pop culture references.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #634
The Morningstar
Banned User

Different writer? Why would they get different writers?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #635
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Because that's the standard process for any of these big budget blockbusters. They get multiple rewrites and they get a different writer for each of those rewrites. It's a huge point of contention among Hollywood script writers, especially when some of the writers end up getting left off the credits or have most of their stuff taken out of a final draft.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #636
The Morningstar
Banned User

Big budget blockbuster? This movie will never be a big budget blockbuster. It's already said they're making it cheap.

And i think we'd know if the guys who wrote the script with Reynolds involvement were not on board any more.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #637
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

It's not that they're 'not on board', it's standard practice for any big studio film.

Whether it has a moderate budget or not, it's still clearly planned as a Fox money maker.

There are plenty of interviews with writers out there outlining the process, or you can look up various movies on IMDB and see how many writers were involved (those that got credits anyway).

To give you an example, here is the list of credited writers for First Class.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/fullcredits#writers

Ashley Miller (screenplay) (as Ashley Edward Miller) &
Zack Stentz (screenplay) and
Jane Goldman (screenplay) &
Matthew Vaughn (screenplay)

Sheldon Turner (story) and
Bryan Singer (story)

That's a lot of people ACTUALLY involved, when all that every really got reported was Jane Goldman's involvment.

Last edited by Wolvieboy17; 02-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #638
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

This Movie should remain small, with a budget somewhere between 50-100 Million. Nothing more. Just like the Blade Movies.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #639
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Bryan Singer worked on all the X-Men movies, to have him on Deadpool would work.
MAKE IT ALREADY!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #640
Michael Frost
Snowman

Guys... We already have a director... It's Tim Miller fgs.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #641
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGirl299 View Post
Bryan Singer worked on all the X-Men movies, to have him on Deadpool would work.
MAKE IT ALREADY!!!
He didn't work on Wolverine or the finished X3.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #642
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Didn't he end up serving as an EP of sorts for X3?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #643
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

I remember him being in the credits...vaguely.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #644
darthhalen
Side-Kick

Anyone here think with Safe House doing gangbusters at the box office, this gives Ryan Reynolds a bit more heat? And with that heat, be able to push Deadpool through to production with Fox? I was hoping Safe House did solid just for that reason.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #645
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthhalen View Post
Anyone here think with Safe House doing gangbusters at the box office, this gives Ryan Reynolds a bit more heat? And with that heat, be able to push Deadpool through to production with Fox? I was hoping Safe House did solid just for that reason.
Hope it does. Cant hurt. Denzel had a lot to do with that one, he draws in a crowd with these action thrillers. Reynolds is already Hollywood A list but Im sure he will get a bigger audience cause of this flick.

If RIPD can have a big budget and get green lit then I have no idea why FOX is lagging on Deadpool. Fingers crossed on that rumor of it shooting this year. Surprised we didnt hear more from Reynolds during Safe House publicity.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #646
The Morningstar
Banned User

I wouldn't say Reynolds is A-List. He was on his way there, but being the face of a massive cluster **** like Green Lantern doesn't help him, even if it wasn't actually his fault.

And i think Fox is dragging their heels simply because they are probably still unsure about an R rated comic book movie that makes fun of other comic book movies and their tropes/cliches. It's quite a risky concept really.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #647
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I wouldn't say Reynolds is A-List. He was on his way there, but being the face of a massive cluster **** like Green Lantern doesn't help him, even if it wasn't actually his fault.

And i think Fox is dragging their heels simply because they are probably still unsure about an R rated comic book movie that makes fun of other comic book movies and their tropes/cliches. It's quite a risky concept really.
Guess your right on the A list, depending on our definition. Dont think there are many actors in there 30's considered A list. Hes holding his own on getting the lead in huge budget flicks pretty well though. I give him 5 years to make that list. Hes not far from from it, closer then alot of other actors in their 30s.

With a budget round 50-75 mill I really dont think its that risky of a flick as others do. IN a time were a movie called Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is a big budget mainstream movie and Battleship the board game adaptaion is coming out, an R rated smaller budget Deadpool film doesnt seem like that much of a risk. Im sure even if if it didnt make its money back in the theatres it would own video right away. No way I see it flopping. I see it profitable regardless. Even the second Ghost Rider (not R I know) which had zero positive word of mouth and tons of hate from the first film opened over 20 mill. As long as they make a good film and not B level Punisher/Ghost Rider crap they should be good. Blade and Wanted are the closet thing to compare it to I guess just cause the R rating which were all a success to some point. I think Deadpool would be a huge hit with the 18-35 demogrpahic and opening weekened would be pretty strong round 40-50 million imo. But serisously just make the ****ing film fox! This has gone on too long.

Last edited by def28; 02-23-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #648
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Hope it does. Cant hurt. Denzel had a lot to do with that one, he draws in a crowd with these action thrillers. Reynolds is already Hollywood A list but Im sure he will get a bigger audience cause of this flick.

If RIPD can have a big budget and get green lit then I have no idea why FOX is lagging on Deadpool.
Fingers crossed on that rumor of it shooting this year. Surprised we didnt hear more from Reynolds during Safe House publicity.
qft. How the hell did that even get made? maybe it's just because I never heard of the comic before, but was there really any sort of fanbase for that comic? it's not even that creative of a concept.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #649
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFrost View Post
I find it really ironic that he follows comments on being hopeful for Deadpool with this about RIPD:

@ Reynold's comment.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #650
Michael Frost
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If RIPD can have a big budget and get green lit then I have no idea why FOX is lagging on Deadpool.
Because superhero movies have become FOX's way of making real money nowadays, no doubt they're really gnawing their teeth at the idea of a movie where kids can't force their parents to go to the movies and making money for them.

It's a sad reality but it's not unheard of. Specially with all the crap we're used to hearing from FOX's executive meddling problems in other movies. No passion or care about the movies themselves or the characters.

Closed Thread