The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #51
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ultimate Comics Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Actually i was pointed out that Ultimate Jane Foster already made her debut in Ultimates 2, totally forgot that! She's the club girl Thor hangs out with in Ultimates 2. So yeah Millar ignored Loeb as much as Loeb ignored Millar.
I'm really glad she got brought back at a great time. I was wondering what happened to her after Ultimates 3

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #52
AgentEnforcer
misses Ben Reilly.

As predicted in Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Spider-Man takes a non-fatal bullet meant for Captain America from the Punisher. He is shot through the lower abdomen and the full damage remains to be seen.

The Ben Reilly Tribute - Best Ben Reilly Resource on the web!
AgentEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #53
Drz
Real Hero

This is gonna be pretty emotional for Steve, but Spider-Man should have listened and it makes him look even dumber when we learn that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Punisher was just aiming at the kneecaps, which means Steve would have healed in days or weeks time
I like how emotioanlly big the Spidey title is and on the other title we got Millar providing us the big New York city hero vs. hero battle. Love seeing Blade in such a big title and being an actual team player, Hawkeye's car is so pimp it beats the Batmobile anyday of the week due to that sexy color haha. Hope we can see Red Wasp vs. Giant Man and Thor vs. Tyrone Cash in next issue, but we still gotta resolve whos the main bad guy of the plot and we still got the whole family fued between Tony and Gregory!

Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #54
kguillou
Side-Kick

Not to mention who the hell the Spider is?? I cant wait to see Cap's reaction next issue...he's gonna be pissed!

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #55
Drz
Real Hero

Cup O'Joe has inked pages of the next Spidey and Avengers issue! Kapow, Blam! Action scenes at their finest!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 AM   #56
chris moore
Side-Kick

You never know - maybe the shooting of the only Ultimate superhero who doesn't get involved in clandestine world politics, shady deals, team ups with drug lords, and who doesn't kill people might make the others wake up and realise what all their activities can cost. They might start acting a bit more hero-ey

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #57
Drz
Real Hero

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=31912

Post-DoSM Spider-Man costume revealed and they also claim it's a new person, which i don't believe in since they tried to imply that with Ultimatum too. Still really cool costume!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #58
antonydelfini
Manners Maketh Man

Oh that is still Peter Parker, with a new identity. His public life is left in shambles after the current event, that he has to abandon his Parker life and become a SHIELD agent with a different alter ego name. Don't try to tear your brains out trying to figure out who the guy in the mask is. It's just a theory by the way, but the costume is awesome.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #59
Union Jack
defender of the realm

not really followed ultimate line very much...
has ben reilly shown up yet,i know jeesica drew is a clone in this world but had ben shown up?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #60
chris moore
Side-Kick

I can see that the identity of Peter dying is a clever one - way too many people in the Ultimate Universe know who he is.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #61
Slick
Monster King

It's strange but I'm really looking forward to this. I guess I'll see where bendis goes with this Post-DoSM spidey. We all know it's Peter just like we all knew Norman wasn't dead.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #62
kguillou
Side-Kick

I'm just glad to see that there will be an Ultimate Spiderman book still after "DoS". I was starting to think that the book would be canceled after this storyline was done.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #63
SpideyForPrez
Pandering to Webublicans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Jack View Post
not really followed ultimate line very much...
has ben reilly shown up yet,i know jeesica drew is a clone in this world but had ben shown up?
Ben Reilly showed up in the Carnage arc as a regular guy working with Curt Connors on a way to use Spidey's DNA that resulted in the creation of Carnage. They even refereed to Carnage as "Little Ben."

And I'm not sure but I think he showed up again in the clone saga arc working with Doc Ock to create Spidey clones. He has no real relation to Peter Parker, he's actually black, they just gave him the Ben Reilly name. Waste of a possible Ultimate character, they could have used the name for Peter after DOSM.

SpideyForPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #64
Dr. Worm

I really like the idea of this Spider-man rebirth. I think the costume is pretty cool, and am interested in seeing how they handle Peter potentially being isolated from his supporting cast. I'm not quite ready to see them go, honestly.

Dr. Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #65
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

Idk what to think about that....but I think this is going be really good story in DoSM

A movie stands on its own. The "changes" aren't important - the quality of the film is.
Mary Jane Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #66
Drz
Real Hero

someone made a good comparison with the Fantastic Four costumes and Spidey's new one, and Ultimate Doomsday "event" was more or less about Bendis shaping up a new FF team alongside Jessica Drew becoming a SHIELD agent, but here' take a look:

Here's my thoughts for s a post-DoSM Ultimate line:
Ultimate X: Jeph Loeb is joined by Ed McGuinness! After the shocking conclusion of #5 and the readers finally know what Ultimate X is about, it's time to begin their next adventure as Hulk and Karen Grant lead the children of tomorrow to the next age!

Ultimate Spider-Man: after the death of the Spider in public screening and Nick Fury gaining his old job back, Nick Fury returns the favour for saving his life to Peter by granting him and his family a new one! Peter, Bob, Johnny, Ben and Sue become the new teenager heroes for SHIELD battling the future battles such as Dr. Doom 2.0 aka Reed Richards! Written by Bendis, drawn by Lafuente and Pichelli

Ultimate Avengers:
The world has criminals too dangerous to life and thats what the Avengers are for, led by Hawkeye! Hawkeye, Punisher, Blade, War Machine, Red Wasp and Jessica Drew are here to take out villains too dangerous to let live. Written by Jason Aaron.

Ultimates:
Nick Fury's Ultimates are: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man, Black Widow, Red Wasp, Spider-Man and re-introducing to the Ultimate Universe: She-Hulk! These are the Ultimates! Fightning global fights with super soldier arm race againts villains such as the Hydra, The Hand and AIM to secure world protection! Written by Jonathan Hickman, drawn by Carlos Pachero maybe? Steve Epting?

Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #67
Drz
Real Hero

Ultimate Spider-Man #160 cover by Joe Quasada:

Good night, sweet prince.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #68
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:

that picture got to me. It's so touching.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #69
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

Quote:

I am not even kidding. My eyes are filled with tears.
It is soo touching for sure.

A movie stands on its own. The "changes" aren't important - the quality of the film is.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #70
El Bastardo
Literary elitist

Yeah, that's a tremendous piece of art.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #71
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

I just realized that unlike in the 616 universe, the Ultimate universe hasn't brought Ben back in some dream-guidance scene or cloning story. This will be the 1st time outside of a flashback Ben has appeared in USM.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #72
JoeyConQueso
Part-time Mutant

Knowing that Quesada did that cover makes me feel nothing

Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #73
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Amazing how so far no one has yet to mention how Peter looks as if he's grabbing Ben's ass...

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 AM   #74
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Amazing how so far no one has yet to mention how Peter looks as if he's grabbing Ben's ass...

Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #75
Drz
Real Hero

http://marvel.com/news/story/15780/s...mics_liveblogs

Quote:
What comes after the Death of Spider-Man in the Ultimate Comics Universe? Find out next week!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday May 2-5, Marvel will be holding liveblogs each day at 3:00 PM EST--with a special Noon EST start time on Tuesday, May 3--revealing the future of your Ultimate favorites. Each day big name creators will join the action to unveil their plans and answer your questions!

So sign up now and get ready for the Ultimate Comics experience starting on Monday, May 2 at 3:00 PM EST!
So 4 days.... 1 Comic announcement per day i hope? Let the speculation begin! Here are my ideas:
Ultimate X: Jeph Loeb is joined by Ed McGuinness! After the shocking conclusion of #5 and the readers finally know what Ultimate X is about, it's time to begin their next adventure as Hulk and Karen Grant lead the children of tomorrow to the next age!

Ultimate Spider-Man: after the death of the Spider in public screening and Nick Fury gaining his old job back, Nick Fury returns the favour for saving his life to Peter by granting him and his family a new one! Peter, Bob, Johnny, Ben and Sue become the new teenager heroes for SHIELD battling the future battles such as Dr. Doom 2.0 aka Reed Richards! Written by Bendis, drawn by Lafuente and Pichelli

Ultimate Avengers:
The world has criminals too dangerous to life and thats what the Avengers are for, led by Hawkeye! Hawkeye, Punisher, Blade, War Machine, Red Wasp, Ghost Rider and Jessica Drew are here to take out villains too dangerous to let live. Written by Jason Aaron. Ghost Rider would be "the Thor" of the team with huge power sets and whatnot. Jason Aaron hasn't really done team comics but his first team comic will be X-Men: Schism and i'm sure he can manage to make a team book work, it might be tough first but he'll get the hang of it!

Ultimates:
Nick Fury's Ultimates are: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man, Black Widow, Red Wasp, Spider-Man and re-introducing to the Ultimate Universe: She-Hulk! These are the Ultimates! Fightning global fights with super soldier arm race againts villains such as the Hydra, The Hand and AIM to secure world protection! Written by Jonathan Hickman, drawn by Carlos Pachero maybe? Steve Epting?