The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #26
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Sanctum Solarium
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Sure.
Don't you judge me.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro."
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #27
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Don't you judge me.

Don't you judge me judging you!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #28
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

<-- Is too up for a new OU game, and has an application already done for such an occasion.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I realize this has hardly been decided, but just out of curiosity what point in said OU's history would the game start up?

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #30
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
I realize this has hardly been decided, but just out of curiosity what point in said OU's history would the game start up?
If we did it, I would like to do like we did in UDC and have the characters start out a few years into their careers. That applies to the "newer" heroes like Batman, Spidey, and Superman. Cap, the JSA, and the Invaders would have already happened years ago.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #31
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Exactly what I would be hoping for, should the game go ahead.

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #32
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Fine! Just abandon the old OU game. You abandoners!!!



__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #33
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Fine! Just abandon the old OU game. You abandoners!!!


It's not that I necessarily want to do that. But new games seem to grab the general interest of the players more, and it gives us the opportunity to define new histories.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #34
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Maybe for the first time the OU game can have a name like DC and the old Marvel game has/had. I'd start with thinking of some cool big or mini event names and mix and go from there.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Yea, I'd definitely like to give it a real name rather than just "One Universe".

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #36
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

If this did get up off the ground, I'd want to introduce what I did in the new DC RPG and say that you can't play anyone you played in the last go-round. So remember that, you stingy ****s.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #37
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Sounds good. That should be the standard rule for a reboot.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #38
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
If this did get up off the ground, I'd want to introduce what I did in the new DC RPG and say that you can't play anyone you played in the last go-round. So remember that, you stingy ****s.
I'm good with that. I already have a character in mind, and I never played him in OU.

I'm also going to put down the one character rule at the beginning. That way we don't have people trying to gobble up 2 of the big names right out the gate.

Also...I'm writing an intro right now like I did for the Independents game. Anyone that wants to help or put in any input hit me up on MSN.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #39
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

For the love of all that is good also limit the amount of characters you guys can play per person. Because when I was trying to do the roster there was ONE consistent thing with OU: people dropped and picked up new characters like hotcakes.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #40
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
For the love of all that is good also limit the amount of characters you guys can play per person. Because when I was trying to do the roster there was ONE consistent thing with OU: people dropped and picked up new characters like hotcakes.
I want to address that as well. With the wealth of characters that are possible from each company it's really easy to fall into this trap where people are constantly changing characters.

I'd love to have a system that penalizes players after the second time they do this, but at the same time I'd hate to kick a potential player out of the game.

Do people have any ideas?

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #41
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Yeah, that can be tricky. Only thing I can think of is trying to do the three strike approach to character jumpers, same thing I tried to institute in WoH to keep the wind runners at bay.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #42
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

We kicked around various ideas to deal with character swapping.

Usually this is a player picking up a character because they'd be 'cool' to play, without any ideas or story they want to tell. And usually follow their application with a post asking if there's a story they can jump into, or if anyone wants to interact in the game (work that **** out ahead of time by reading the last page or two and pming anyone you might be interested in playing with).

Swapping once could just mean you made a mistake with your pick.

Swapping a second time is suspicious, but passable.

Swapping a third time is proof that you have no plan.


So I say use a two strikes rule. Once you swap to a third character, you're stuck. No more swapping for the season until you tell a full story with the third character and can prove to the GM's that you can commit.

If they still don't post, then the two week applies and takes the character away.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #43
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,030
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I would be interested in a new One Universe game, i like the title, i don't think it should be changed but since it's only Marvel and DC it could be called Amalgam RPG?

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #44
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I would be interested in a new One Universe game, i like the title, i don't think it should be changed but since it's only Marvel and DC it could be called Amalgam RPG?
Never put those two words together ever again for as long as you live.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #45
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Never put those two words together ever again for as long as you live.
Aw, come on. Don't you remember our classic teamup of Gordon and Dark Claw?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #46
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Aw, come on. Don't you remember our classic teamup of Gordon and Dark Claw?
I was talking more about the abomination of an RPG that lasted a page or two....but yeah, that also was vomit inducing.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #47
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I was talking more about the abomination of an RPG that lasted a page or two....but yeah, that also was vomit inducing.


I bet it made you feel dirty.


Did you feel dirty?


Yeah...you like feeling dirty, don't you?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #48
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,030
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I was talking more about the abomination of an RPG that lasted a page or two....but yeah, that also was vomit inducing.
When was that?

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #49
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,511
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I might be up for a new One Universe RPG. Maybe give me a chance to use some of the ideas I had for Hulk-related characters before the main Marvel game died.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #50
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,053
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

The Hulk welcomes another challenger.

Perhaps you shall last longer than the rest who tried to play him.

*looks at the pile of OU players*

Perhaps not.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.