The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #51
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
When was that?
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=223783

I was wrong, it lasted longer.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #52
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
I might be up for a new One Universe RPG. Maybe give me a chance to use some of the ideas I had for Hulk-related characters before the main Marvel game died.
You just want to give Hulk a GL ring, right?

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #53
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,254
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
If this did get up off the ground, I'd want to introduce what I did in the new DC RPG and say that you can't play anyone you played in the last go-round. So remember that, you stingy ****s.
Neat.

I never played Batman in the last OU.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #54
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Neat.

I never played Batman in the last OU.
Mother of God...


__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #55
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The Hulk welcomes another challenger.

Perhaps you shall last longer than the rest who tried to play him.

*looks at the pile of OU players*

Perhaps not.
I don't know about the history of the character and his players in OU, but if it's anything like Hulk's previous players in the Marvel game, the problem seemed to come from people just not having any story ideas for him beyond "Hulk joins/starts a fight and smashes stuff." I was having a lot of fun just trying new things with his personalities and Bruce Banner trying to make a new man out of himself and rejoining the Avengers. In fact, my go-to theme throughout my run with the character was to focus on Banner as the main character to develop. Hulk smashing things was almost inconsequential, except in the occasional fight scene, of course.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."

Last edited by Spike_x1; 11-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #56
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
We kicked around various ideas to deal with character swapping.

Usually this is a player picking up a character because they'd be 'cool' to play, without any ideas or story they want to tell. And usually follow their application with a post asking if there's a story they can jump into, or if anyone wants to interact in the game (work that **** out ahead of time by reading the last page or two and pming anyone you might be interested in playing with).

Swapping once could just mean you made a mistake with your pick.

Swapping a second time is suspicious, but passable.

Swapping a third time is proof that you have no plan.


So I say use a two strikes rule. Once you swap to a third character, you're stuck. No more swapping for the season until you tell a full story with the third character and can prove to the GM's that you can commit.

If they still don't post, then the two week applies and takes the character away.
I like this. Make it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I would be interested in a new One Universe game, i like the title, i don't think it should be changed but since it's only Marvel and DC it could be called Amalgam RPG?
Amalgam.



Also, if anyone can actually do the Hulk justice, it'll be epic.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #57
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I'd love to see the new ideas OU could create.

Reading the first season of OU was a blast, even the stuff before I joined. Things like the Hulk killing Dick Grayson's parents. Bruce Wayne, Elektra, and Matt Murdock training together as teenagers under Stick. Tony Stark engaged to Dinah Lance (and her putting up with his ******** about as much as she ever put up with Ollie's).


My fear is that, once the initial couple of season of creating combined origins wears off, the game might start dying off again.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #58
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I'd love to see the new ideas OU could create.

Reading the first season of OU was a blast, even the stuff before I joined. Things like the Hulk killing Dick Grayson's parents. Bruce Wayne, Elektra, and Matt Murdock training together as teenagers under Stick. Tony Stark engaged to Dinah Lance (and her putting up with his ******** about as much as she ever put up with Ollie's).


My fear is that, once the initial couple of season of creating combined origins wears off, the game might start dying off again.
At this point it's worth a try, IMO. At this point it's great if we can get two successful seasons in.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #59
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,254
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Yeah, a game doesn't have to last forever. The point is that we just have fun for as long as it stays afloat, and if that's over six months of regular playthrough, I consider the RPG a success.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #60
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Here's a quick "Story So Far". Not the best thing I've ever done, but figured I'd throw something together. Let me know what you guys think and if anything should be added/changed.

Also, name idea: "Justice and Avengers: The One Universe RPG"

Quote:
This is a universe of good and evil. Since the beginning of time these two forces have raged against each other in a never ending struggle for supremacy. Across the galaxy wars have been fought to gain the upper hand, tearing apart the world of Urgrund into the worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips a millennia ago, creating a rift between the New Gods.

The Guardians of the Universe, believing it was their job to protect peace in the cosmos created the Green Lantern Corps to use willpower to drive back the darkness.

But evil and violence cannot always be repelled. The Skrull-Thanagar War threatened to engulf the galaxy, taking the entire power of the Corps to hold back the tide. The conflict continued until the world-eater Galactus devoured key planets on each side, destabilizing both combatant’s forces, and decimating the Corps.

Eventually, the planet Krypton was destroyed, but one known survivor was sent towards a small blue planet orbiting the sun designated Sol. Earth. A planet inhabited by the dominant race of homo-sapien. A primitive race compared to some, but with the capacity for greatness.

Even then, this world was not safe from similar conflicts that plagued the stars, the greatest of which came in the middle of humanity’s 20th recorded century. Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime threatened to blanket the world powered on by the Spear of Destiny and the HYDRA deep science division.

But the tide was turned by human ingenuity and bravery. A scrawny kid from Brooklyn is transformed into Captain America, and he leads a group of heroes into the fray of World War II which includes the likes of The Flash, Wildcat, Union Jack, Doctor Fate, and Green Lantern. They were known as The Invaders, and they almost single-handedly turned the tide of the war.

But at the tail end of the war, Cap was lost on a mission to destroy one of HYDRA’s secret facilities, and in a response to losing their secret weapon, President Harry Truman dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan, bringing the war to a close. The majority of The Invaders returned home to America, forming the Justice Society with other costume adventurers. They spent the next two decades stopping crime across the country, until they felt they were no longer needed, and nothing more than old men attempting to relive past glories.

Around this same time, the human race enters its next stage of evolution in earnest, creating mutants all over the globe. This new development, and humanity’s response, will lead two men to create a safe haven for the new sub-species, and will eventually drive them to polar opposite sides.

As time went on, Earth continued to change. Kal-El, Krypton’s last son, arrives on the planet and is found and adopted by Jonathon and Martha Kent in Smallville, Kansas. In Gotham, the Wayne family walks down a darkened alley, and Bruce Wayne is the only one to leave it alive, his parents gunned down. In a garage in California, Tony Stark tinkers with one of his father’s cars, testing his mechanical genius. Hal Jordan dreams of flying planes as he watches the night sky.

Two decades later, the time is now. Earth has become a world filled with cynicism and fear, and the universe is as dangerous as ever. The time is ripe for new heroes to rise and lead a desperate populace. In Metropolis, Superman soars in the sky, protecting all those that need it. On the planet Asgard, a prideful god is banished to Midgard. A teenager swings through the skyscrapers of New York in red and blue, the people calling him “Spider-man”. In Gotham, the Batman wages a war against organized crime and corruption. A war that threatens to drive the city even deeper down the rabbit hole. A group of young mutants trained by Charles Xavier begins to protect humanity from the threat of the Brotherhood. In Keystone City, a new scarlet speedster stops crime with blinding speed. And a woman from a forgotten land arrives in the World of Men.

This is the time of The One Universe RPG.

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 11-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #61
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I don't like the name.

Now to actually read it...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #62
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I don't like the name.
I don't either, really.

Just trying to get the creative juices flowing.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Not a bad foundation. Could use more blending, but we can leave that up to the players.

But I'm wondering if we should realign the timeline a bit. Maybe have the JSA and other old-timers that people might want fight in Vietnam instead of WWII. (Cap would still work in WWII).

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #64
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Maybe change the Skrull-Kree war to the Thanagar-Kree, Skrull-Rann, or something to that effect to give it that combined universe flare

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #65
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Not a bad foundation. Could use more blending, but we can leave that up to the players.

But I'm wondering if we should realign the timeline a bit. Maybe have the JSA and other old-timers that people might want fight in Vietnam instead of WWII. (Cap would still work in WWII).
I like the idea of the JSA working n the 60's and 70's, but I don't know. I just picture them being in that time period of the 40's and 50's. Plus, superheros mixing with Nam and the time period reminds me too much of Watchmen.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #66
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

The JSAers are pushing their 90's now. I think an update is due.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The JSAers are pushing their 90's now. I think an update is due.
Just do what the comics do. MAGIC! CHEMICAL EXPOSURE! Uhh....VINEGAR & GERITOL!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #68
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I read that as viagra & geritol

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #69
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Yea I really think the JSA is such a WWII thing. And I was planning on having the vast majority of the JSA be dead, having only a few like Ted, Jay, and Alan alive since the comics explain how they survive.

And I'll change up the Skrull war stuff when I'm not on my iPhone.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #70
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Made some edits to the Story so far, changing the Skrull-Kree to the Skrull-Thanagar War and changed around some awkward wording in it.

Left the JSA in WWII for now until we decide what we wanna do there.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #71
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Especially since this is fresh cannon and I never fully read all of the old OU cannon, I could be in. I could have something in mind for Blackbolt. This is not a definite yes, though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #72
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Especially since this is fresh cannon and I never fully read all of the old OU cannon, I could be in. I could have something in mind for Blackbolt. This is not a definite yes, though
Sounds good.

So far that's Byrd, Wieg, Sensei, MB, Blacklight, Lord, and me as definites. And trusty and Spike as maybes.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #73
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,051
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Sounds good.

So far that's Byrd, Wieg, Sensei, MB, Blacklight, Lord, and me as definites. And trusty and Spike as maybes.
Count me in for this party.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #74
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

^^^Awesome.

Once World's Finest gets off the ground I'll work on a game app and we can get rolling.

Pretty excited.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #75
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,913
Default Re: The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

I once had this idea that Namor and the original android Human-Torch could have lived in the Victorian Era instead of the 30s, what do you guys think? They allways reminded me more of Jules Vernes book and the league of extraordinary adventures

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.