The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #51
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

It's averaging 2.20 in Memphis.

Sure has hell beats 3.64 from last year

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #52
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addendum View Post
It's averaging 2.20 in Memphis.

Sure has hell beats 3.64 from last year
Very true.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #53
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Gas has now jumped to $2.65 a gallon.


__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #54
LexCorp
Lex Luthor
 
LexCorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth (England-USA)
Posts: 18,404
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

The second year in a row the UK gas prce has risen at the start of Summer...master plan I like it.

LexCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #55
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,135
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

WTF...it has risen over a dollar in two months.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #56
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm
 
Paradyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Its $2.29 here in Missouri. Was $1.65 late last year.

Quote:
OPEC poised to hold output steady, aims for $75 oil

VIENNA (Reuters) - OPEC ministers set their sights on oil at $75-$80 as they readied for talks in Vienna on Thursday, but were expected to hold output policy steady and rely instead on economic recovery to drive the market higher.

Saudi Arabian Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi said on Wednesday the world could now cope with oil at $75-$80 a barrel, the price range the kingdom considers high enough to sustain energy investment for the long term. He said it could be achieved before the end of this year.

...................

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-O...54P2FR20090527

__________________
"Never give up. Never surrender."
Peter Quincy Taggert Jason Nesmith

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #57
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Gas is now at $2.85 a gallon.


__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #58
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,135
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

That **** should be illegal Price fixing...*** holes.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #59
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Gas has fallen to $2.76 a gallon.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #60
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm
 
Paradyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Its going up and down between $2.46 to $2.49 here in Missouri.

__________________
"Never give up. Never surrender."
Peter Quincy Taggert Jason Nesmith

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #61
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradyme View Post
Its going up and down between $2.46 to $2.49 here in Missouri.
...that must be nice.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,423
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

We've been pretty stable around $2.80ish lately. (Just paid $2.79)


...and now that I've said that, it'll break $3.00 today.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #63
VampElvis
Pimbot Threadkiller
 
VampElvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

'bout $2.50 round these parts

__________________
Spreading Manbearpig awareness...
VampElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #64
Wiseman
Banned User
 
Wiseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In A-Rod's house
Posts: 8,249
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

I have a question. If you have a hybrid but no garage, where do you plug it into so it can charge?

Wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #65
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
I have a question. If you have a hybrid but no garage, where do you plug it into so it can charge?
...under a REALLY BIG umbrella.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #66
Wiseman
Banned User
 
Wiseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In A-Rod's house
Posts: 8,249
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Ask a stupid question I guess...

Wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #67
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,423
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

You don't plug in hybrids, do you?

I thought the gas engine kept the batteries charged.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #68
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
You don't plug in hybrids, do you?

I thought the gas engine kept the batteries charged.
I think he is talking about all-electric cars. With a gas/electric car, I believe the brakes keep recharging the batteries.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #69
Wiseman
Banned User
 
Wiseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In A-Rod's house
Posts: 8,249
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I think he is talking about all-electric cars. With a gas/electric car, I believe the brakes keep recharging the batteries.
No, I was just not paying attention to how they work I guess. I thought you still had to plug in hybrids for some reason, I thought the difference was that the all electric cars never really worked out as a technology that could last longer then a couple hours on a charge.

Wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #70
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,423
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I think he is talking about all-electric cars. With a gas/electric car, I believe the brakes keep recharging the batteries.
I just wanted to make sure what he was talking about and hadn't heard something new.

Yeah, regenerative breaking and the gas engine keep the batteries charged. And the gas engine kicks in for power boosts as well.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #71
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Gas is now $2.68 a gallon.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #72
souvlaki
Side-Kick
 
souvlaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Posts: 4,782
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Gas is now $2.68 a gallon.
I'm jealous. $3.13 here.

souvlaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #73
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,941
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.26 here....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #74
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvlaki View Post
I'm jealous. $3.13 here.
Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
$2.26 here....
It pays to live near refineries.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #75
Scarlet spidey
Old school
 
Scarlet spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 25,375
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Expect prices to go up with the cap and trade passing.

__________________
Words.
Scarlet spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.