The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #101
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.24 here....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #102
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,628
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

It's about $2.46 here

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #103
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

I think there should be an investigation on those oil companies. In June, July, and August of last year gas was close to $4.00 a gallon. Now in the same months of this year gas was at about $2-2.47 a gallon.

There definitely needs to be an investigation as those companies were price gauging.

Gas is 2.47 a gallon here in South Carolina.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #104
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

A lot of different **** was also happening last year that isn't happening this year. Like the price of oil being half as much now as it was then.

$2.79 last time I filled up.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #105
BatMatt
Side-Kick
 
BatMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morrison Hotel
Posts: 9,617
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Like, $2.76 around me in Connecticut

__________________
Always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember: Others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Nixon
BatMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:49 AM   #106
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,090
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

SOB I wish it was $1.25 like it was last year

I can see it getting up to around $3 this winter. If a big hurricane hits the coasts, they will raise prices and claim that one refinery had to shut down.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #107
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Just paid $2.33 a gallon.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #108
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,628
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Around $2.63 here.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #109
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.09

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #110
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
$2.09

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #111
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Hey I have to put up with refineries to get that price....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #112
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
$2.09
*hate*

So...where is it I need to move?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #113
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Houston, Texas.....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #114
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm
 
Paradyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Hey I have to put up with refineries to get that price....
$2.19 here and I don't have to put up with any refineries

__________________
"Never give up. Never surrender."
Peter Quincy Taggert Jason Nesmith

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #115
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Up to $2.65 a gallon now.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #116
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,387
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Back down to $2.71.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #117
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.47 here. That's still very reasonable compared to what was happening last year. I truly believe they were price gauging last year and no one was calling them on it.

One of the main things that upset me last year was how the majority of my paychecks was going to gas. I save my money and everything, but it's nice that I save some money from my checks and I'm not worried about if I have enough for gas. I have just enough spending money for myself in terms of groceries, cds, dvds, and enough money for gas as well.

Of course my car is good on gas anyways, so it's nice to have a car that's dependable on gas.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #118
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Yep its heading back up for the holiday travel....

$2.30 here...

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #119
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Yep its heading back up for the holiday travel....

$2.30 here...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #120
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm
 
Paradyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.44

I hear it could get as high as $4 by Christmas. That would be great...

__________________
"Never give up. Never surrender."
Peter Quincy Taggert Jason Nesmith

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #121
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 61,127
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

2.75 down the street from my place. Wasn't this ******** just 2 bucks a few weeks back?

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #122
Nivek
Banned User
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central FL
Posts: 14,850
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

About $2.65 in O-town...

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #123
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
It's 2.32 now....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #124
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
It's 2.32 now....
It just fell to $2.63 here...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #125
SuBe
Voluntaryist
 
SuBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Libertopia
Posts: 11,917
Default Re: Discussion: Gas Prices

$2.69 here.

__________________
Hype! FAIRTAX Thead, ask any question at:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909


"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.