Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #551
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
You can transfer Pokemon from GBA games to the DS games, but it's irreversible once you do it.

It's impossible to transfer Pokemon from GB/C to the GBA or DS games since they changed the data structuring in Gen III.
That bummed me out. I have a few legitimately trained lv 100's in Pokemon Crystal that I would have really loved to have kept with me over the years.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #552
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah... i still really wish we got a transfer system that would accept all of the games, and store them for you to use in future ones. I understand going backwards.. but forwards should work

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 05-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #553
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

It's never happening. Think of it this way: Gen I and II are VHS tapes, Gen III and IV DVD, and Gen V Blu-Rays.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #554
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
It's never happening. Think of it this way: Gen I and II are VHS tapes, Gen III and IV DVD, and Gen V Blu-Rays.
True, I guess it's just my childhood holding onto things. It's easy enough to raise up another lv 100 team. Just takes time.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #555
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
except you can convert a VHS to both DVD and Blu-ray, you just don't gain the quality.... which is how it'd work on a fictional device.... (not a great example)

[=]
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #556
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

plus.. poke' box came out in japan that did it. (a few years ago). but.. most of us don't have the Japanese games either unfortunately...

[=]
Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #557
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
plus.. poke' box came out in japan that did it. (a few years ago). but.. most of us don't have the Japanese games either unfortunately...
I wished that Poke Ranch thing on the Wii worked as a Poke box to transfer from game to game, save to save. I hate having to hunt down a friend with a DS to keep my team as I go from game to game.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #558
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I wished that Poke Ranch thing on the Wii worked as a Poke box to transfer from game to game, save to save. I hate having to hunt down a friend with a DS to keep my team as I go from game to game.
indeed. it was a really big missed opportunity.

nintendo and pokemon use to introduce the best gadgets .. the Gameboy attachment for the n64, and the microphone , as well as the ability to print pictures from Pokemon Snap. It's too bad these things were never really expanded on... the microphone especially (even though hey you pikachu sucked) is pretty much what microsoft and adapted for online play for Xbox

[=]
Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #559
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
indeed. it was a really big missed opportunity.

nintendo and pokemon use to introduce the best gadgets .. the Gameboy attachment for the n64, and the microphone , as well as the ability to print pictures from Pokemon Snap. It's too bad these things were never really expanded on... the microphone especially (even though hey you pikachu sucked) is pretty much what microsoft and adapted for online play for Xbox
Yeah, I miss the ability and connectivity between my Gameboy Poke games and the N64 Poke games. Those were the good ol' days. Pokemon needs to do something a little different though, seeing as the core games have been basically the same for 15 years or so. I don't want too big a change, but they need to innovate somehow. Adding new Pokemon really isnt' coming up with something new.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #560
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
except you can convert a VHS to both DVD and Blu-ray, you just don't gain the quality.... which is how it'd work on a fictional device.... (not a great example)
I'm referring to how they're designed. DVD and Blu-Ray have some similarities, VHS is something entirely different from both.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #561
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

still not the greatest metaphor...

[=]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #562
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Since you're so smart, let us know when you come up with something better.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #563
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

My best friend told me that Audino is the ultimate Pokemon and he wanted to beat me with a team of them. I said "Fine, I'll assemble a team of Normal types and we'll see who wins." I beat him. Guy just doesn't know his stuff. We did 3v3 battles and sure enough he sent out his Audino trio and I sent out Wigglytuff, Snorlax and Raticate. He couldn't faint one of em. It was actually Raticate that did most of the hard work.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #564
JAKŪ
Upstart

I'd like to find out why he thought Audino was the ultimate Pokemon.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #565
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
I'd like to find out why he thought Audino was the ultimate Pokemon.
He said it's because Audino has high HP and can learn just about every TM. He also seems to think that EXP yield in the wild is a good indicator of a Pokemon's quality. He doesn't really know what the hell he's talking about.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #566
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

is thunder worth keeping, i was going to replace it with dig on a raichu, honestly i know its a brilliant move WHEN it hits

its thunderbolt,discharge,iron tail,thunder thunderbolt is the only move i'm defiantly keeping

i know a lot recommend volt tackle but i dont know if i can be arsed with the whole breeding

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #567
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Get rid of Iron Tail. Steel moves are only super effective against Rock (you shouldn't use a Raichu against that type since they can learn a lot of Ground moves) and Ice (which are weak to the more widely used Fire, Fighting, and Rock). Most Ice you can probably take out with an Electric move, especially if they're Water/Ice. If not, just use your Charizard.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #568
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Get rid of Iron Tail. Steel moves are only super effective against Rock (you shouldn't use a Raichu against that type since they can learn a lot of Ground moves) and Ice (which are weak to the more widely used Fire, Fighting, and Rock). Most Ice you can probably take out with an Electric move, especially if they're Water/Ice. If not, just use your Charizard.
cheers mate

i planed to give ice beam and earthquake along with waterfall and surf to blastoise to try and make the team a bit more varied but not sure what to do about hydro pump when he learns it

charazard will be a couple of fire moves Flare Blitz and flamethrow/fire blast, dragon pulse/claw and then a fighting move.

just about to have a go at surge

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #569
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

You should try and give Charizard a flying type move, since he is part flying. Aerial Ace is always fun, as is Fly.

On an unrelated note, I just rolled through Cynthia in Pokemon Black with just my lv 81 Scizor. I used Swords Dance right as the battle started and for some damn reason X-Scissor beat everybody just about.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #570
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
cheers mate

i planed to give ice beam and earthquake along with waterfall and surf to blastoise to try and make the team a bit more varied but not sure what to do about hydro pump when he learns it

charazard will be a couple of fire moves Flare Blitz and flamethrow/fire blast, dragon pulse/claw and then a fighting move.

just about to have a go at surge
I'd pass on Hydro Pump. Not a fan of non-100% accuracy moves. Surf is powerful enough that it should OHKO (or near it) any Pokemon weak to Water.

For Charizard, make sure you check whether his Special Attack or Physical Attack are higher before choosing between Dragon Pulse and Dragon Claw.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #571
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I've always hated the 5 PP moves like Hydro Pump and Fire Blast. Yeah, they're super strong and are pretty much a guaranteed one-hit kill. But their accuracy is always around 80.

I think you're always better off with a move like Surf, which nearly never misses but is strong enough to do some serious damage. And if it doesn't one-hit them, you've still got plenty of PP to hit 'em with it twice.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #572
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Yeah. They're more useful in competitive play since you really need the OHKO's, in the regular game the weaker but more accurate moves are better.

But your moveset really doesn't matter. The only thing I make sure to have is a Grass move since it gives you something to go to against Water/Ground.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #573
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I'm wanting to purchase legit copies of Pokemon Ruby, & either Fire Red or Leaf Green. I'm a little hesitant & wary to get them off Ebay, since there are A LOT of fakes & knockoffs floating out there. Any tips or suggestions??

H.E.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #574
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I'm wanting to purchase legit copies of Pokemon Ruby, & either Fire Red or Leaf Green. I'm a little hesitant & wary to get them off Ebay, since there are A LOT of fakes & knockoffs floating out there. Any tips or suggestions??
Amazon? They might have cheap used copies there and Amazon seems to be a little more legit than Ebay at times.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #575
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I always go with Amazon. I got a copy of Leaf Green about a year ago used and its been in great condition ever since. Haven't had any issues with it.