The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #726
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

My first reaction at seeing the new starters was to climb on my genwunner soapbox. I'll give the fire-type a chance. There's no way they can turn it into a Fire/Fighting.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #727
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

Lmao sure they could. Watch the gamefreak trolls continue to keep thr starters meh as far as typing

Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #728
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Black version 2 is a win for me, because I've got a Magmar and Magnezone that are dominating all they survey. Also, I think there were some repercussions for my actions in Black version 1. In #1 I committed genocide against the Audino species. Thousands lay dead at my feet. Now I'm playing version2 and I can't find an Audino anywhere. Makes me wonder if I really did end their species?
Lmao
There is always that one pokemon you just hate and enjoy murdering for me in other gens: ratata, zubat, bibarel/bidoof, and makuhita

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #729
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mortem View Post
black version 2 is a win for me, because i've got a magmar and magnezone that are dominating all they survey. Also, i think there were some repercussions for my actions in black version 1. In #1 i committed genocide against the audino species. Thousands lay dead at my feet. Now i'm playing version2 and i can't find an audino anywhere. Makes me wonder if i really did end their species?
lol

Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #730
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Black version 2 is a win for me, because I've got a Magmar and Magnezone that are dominating all they survey. Also, I think there were some repercussions for my actions in Black version 1. In #1 I committed genocide against the Audino species. Thousands lay dead at my feet. Now I'm playing version2 and I can't find an Audino anywhere. Makes me wonder if I really did end their species?

I was actually just thinking with this announcement, "You know, there are a lot of stupid, useless Pokemon. What if Nintendo made them effectively extinct in future games?"

Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #731
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

well this being in 3D is officially one step away from it finally being a console game... if only.....

pokemon will never officially stop being on a hand held.. but making a game for both systems would be great

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #732
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

oh, and i'm totally getting that grass starter...

grass monkey...... you funky monkey

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #733
Benstamania
Shot first.

The grass chipmunk with a funny hatbis adorable.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #734
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

also...

i'm really digging those legendaries...

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #735
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

All of those starters look good to me. I've never picked a grass starter my first play through, but that may change this time.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #736
Victarion
Cut

Maybe the 2nd set of attacks we see the starters using are their secondary typings, post evolution. So it looks like Froakie would be water/fighting, Fennekin would be fire/psychic or maybe fire/dark; I couldn't make out Chespin's second attack.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #737
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

starters I have chosen (I didnt play Gen 2 but i'll list my favorite from it)

Charmander, Chikorita, Torchic, Piplup, Oshawott

Think i'll go with the fire pokemon depending how it's evolutions look like

Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #738
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The Pokemon Rainbow report wasn't completely off. It was right about the 3D graphics.

I also saw older Pokemon in there so who knows what else is in store with this X/Y iteration.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #739
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I do miss being able to go back to old regions. Didn't they only do that in Gold/Silver? I would love a version where all the different regions are accessible, each only having its native pokemon catchable.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #740
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Truthfully at the moment all I care about if being able to trade right from the get go with black2/white 2

It really pisses me off this crap of having to beat the first 2 gyms or the entire game before I can get access to the trading with past generations.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #741
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

well, they want to force you to play with whatever the current gen pokemon are, with a small sprinkle of older pokemon.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #742
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Exactly. The game would be too easy if you bred Pokemon with optimal stats and movesets in a previous game and started a new one with them out of the gate.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #743
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I like the idea of not even including older Pokemon in the game and only having them available by trade. It pisses me off when I'm going through trying to complete a new region's Pokedex and encounter nothing but ****ing old Pokemon.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #744
Fading
>:(

Having psychic, dark, and fighting as secondary types to the starters would help balance them out inbetween eachother. It wouldn't be a case of having the grass starter, and being at a disadvantage if your friend had the fire starter. Even though the grass looks earthy to me, I'd be happy with - fire/psychic, grass/dark, water/fighting. I have a feeling the new fire starter is going to reak havoc on Ninetails popularity though, given the similarities.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #745
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I have an honest question, and this is coming from someone who grew up when Red/Blue/Yellow first came out, and got into Gold/Silver/Crysta, but do people still go around looking for friends to trade Pokemon with to catch them all? I kinda lost track of the games once they moved to the GBA and DS, but I remember the major appeal of the Game Boy games were that you had to go to your friends to fight or trade, and it was this major social aspect when you would link up your handheld together. I don't know much about the online aspects of the DS and 3DS, but has that been lost?

I recently bought HeartGold and LeafGreen, and also rented Black a while ago, but in each of the games, I was not as concerned with collecting as many Pokemon as possible as I was with just playing through the story and getting to the last battles. Trading is just not something I care about anymore, even though that was the hook that forced them to create two separate yet similar games with each generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
well this being in 3D is officially one step away from it finally being a console game... if only.....

pokemon will never officially stop being on a hand held.. but making a game for both systems would be great
It's funny because the 3D stuff looks like it fits the mold of the normal handheld gameplay in terms of movement, but visually looks better in the sense that you feel closer to your character and can see the world from their view, as opposed to a more bird's eye kind of view. But the battle animations look straight out of Pokemon Stadium.

I think if they're willing to go this far, a console version should not be too far off. Although, like I said above, the main thing that makes it a Pokemon game is how you can trade and connect with others.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #746
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

i try to fill out the pokedex. I did in my pokemon diamond game (i have all the pokes i need to fill out the platinum one, was just lazy to breed a few and stuff)

Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #747
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Love the looks of the new starters (first time since Gen III) and legendaries. The deer one is actually quite beautiful to look at. As for who I would choose, most likely Pokemon X with Chespin as my starter (I would like to know what it is though).

As for fan speculation, fandom predicts Fennekin's (Mozilla) line will be based on a Kyubi and will be Fire/Psychic, Froakie's (Hypnotoad) line will be based on thieves and will be Water/Dark or Water/Fighting and Chespin's (Pipsqueak) line will be pretty cool and possibly be secretly reptilian and be Grass/Dark.

Also we may be getting Trainer Customizations like Pokemon Battle Revolution with what I hope to be the ability to purchase new clothes and style from the Department Store and through DLCs.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 01-09-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #748
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I would love if the next gens starters have at least one that has a dragon element. I may actually skip on this generation like I did with Ruby and Sapphire. It doesn't really appeal to me.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #749
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers2213 View Post
well, they want to force you to play with whatever the current gen pokemon are, with a small sprinkle of older pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Exactly. The game would be too easy if you bred Pokemon with optimal stats and movesets in a previous game and started a new one with them out of the gate.
ok thats fair enough, but to stop any connection with the previous games till the new one is complete is daft when that was one of the main features of the first 2 generations.

i never got into ev training or egg moves breading, truthfully all i cared about was just keeping my core team alive, that i've had from yellow. i will admit i dont mind waiting till i have a pokedex or beat a gym but the idea of having till wait this i have completed the entire game is moronic

hell i only got black when my friend finished white and i could pinch his to get my starters across. same with black 2.

also on an unrelated note after you get the 7 sages and beat the champ is there really anything major left to do in black.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #750
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Could it be considered a reboot if they made a new Pokemon game with no connection to the past games?