Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #76
Fading
>:(

Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'm gonna give all the new Pokemon a shot, then once I've finished up the Elite Four I'll trade over my main team and continue with them from there. Maybe I'll even assimilate some of the new guys into my team.
That's how I'm looking at it as well, kinda a team refinement. I may find out that I like this or that Pokemon better than a similar type from my other teams. In Platinum I have lvl 65's of Garmchomp, Rhyperior, Gallade, Milotic, Lucario, and Spiritomb (as well as near 60's of all 3 Plat starters). From my first run of Heart Gold I have lvl 58's of Magmotar, Feraligatr, Electivire, Alakazam, Tyranitar, Scizor, Dragonite, and Drapion. With my second Heart Gold run I'm running a team of (now all around 41) Arcanine, Vaporeon, another Tyranitar, Metagross, Togekiss, and Salamence.

After I finally finish with the E4 in B&W I plan on looking thru all my teams and picking and choosing what I like best, and making a team out of that. Which includes what I find in B&W. Which is why I want to lvl with B&W only Pokes, to find out which newcomers I really like.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #77
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
You had to get the National dex in order to be able to transfer them into Diamond. A similar concept is in place for Black/White, except you have to beat the Elite Four instead.
Provided they came from another copy of a 4th Generation game, you could get any Pokemon into Diamond (and all the other games), National Dex or not.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #78
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

It still requires a game that has the National Dex.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #79
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
It still requires a game that has the National Dex.
Yeah, that's a problem.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #80
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
I meant you couldn't transfer GBA pokemon to the DS until you beat DPPt, so there was no way to start with the Kanto pokemon. You can always get an Action Replay if you want those starters so much.
Quote:
You had to get the National dex in order to be able to transfer them into Diamond. A similar concept is in place for Black/White, except you have to beat the Elite Four instead.
You are missing my point. Forgetting about the kanto starters for the moment. Its still a dum move by nintendo. I can understand the need for palpark for transfering from gba tods. But to have to use it for ds to ds is stupid and defeats the idea of trading between the games. Thats whats annoying me.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #81
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

But it's an entirely new generation. It's just like Gen 1 and 2 even though both were on the Game Boy.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #82
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
But it's an entirely new generation. It's just like Gen 1 and 2 even though both were on the Game Boy.
which you could still trade between

- In Pokémon Red : You need to have delivered the Oak's Parcel to Prof. Oak in order to enable trading.

- In Pokémon Silver : You need to have talked to Bill in Ecruteak City. On the day after talking to him trading will be enabled with the older versions.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #83
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

It took four games (leaf green, ruby, platinum and hg) and some help from Spidey-Bat (for some of the event ones I missed, like Darkrai) and now I am only a few away from having all 493 in the PC-Pokedex format. I mainly need to level up a few of the long-leveling dragons and GTS a few safari ones that I don't feel like going through the hassle of catching. And officially finish HG to catch Kyogre.

I just need:
Tyranitar
Azurill
Aggron
Flygon
Lunatone
Cradily
Salamence
Kyogre
Skorupi
Drapion
Carnivine

And I'll have all of 'em in my PC waiting to be transferred over to White.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 03-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #84
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

do you know if game stop is having a midnight release or anything for B/W?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #85
Fading
>:(

Quote:
It took four games (leaf green, ruby, platinum and hg) and some help from Spidey-Bat (for some of the event ones I missed, like Darkrai) and now I am only a few away from having all 493 in the PC-Pokedex format. I mainly need to level up a few of the long-leveling dragons and GTS a few safari ones that I don't feel like going through the hassle of catching. And officially finish HG to catch Kyogre.

I just need:
Tyranitar
Azurill
Aggron
Flygon
Lunatone
Cradily
Salamence
Kyogre
Skorupi
Drapion
Carnivine
nd I'll have all of 'em in my PC waiting to be transferred over to White.
I have a spare Tyranitar, Skorupi, and while no Salamence (yet) I do have 6 spare Bagon's if you want one (Modest and Hasty are the only two decent natures out of the lot tho). If you want them just let me know when. You can trade whatever over, doesn't matter.

Name is Fading, and ID number is 11536 (that's my Platinum game where I transfered everything over to it).

Edit - Now that I think about it I have a spare Kyogre too. I had one from my first run, and since I'm running thru Heart Gold again I'll get another. I was going to save the first to try and trade someone for a Soul Silver Groudon so I could get Rayquaza, but I'm not worried about it anymore.

Last edited by Fading; 03-06-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #86
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
I have a spare Tyranitar, Skorupi, and while no Salamence (yet) I do have 6 spare Bagon's if you want one (Modest and Hasty are the only two decent natures out of the lot tho). If you want them just let me know when. You can trade whatever over, doesn't matter.

Name is Fading, and ID number is 11536 (that's my Platinum game where I transfered everything over to it).

Edit - Now that I think about it I have a spare Kyogre too. I had one from my first run, and since I'm running thru Heart Gold again I'll get another. I was going to save the first to try and trade someone for a Soul Silver Groudon so I could get Rayquaza, but I'm not worried about it anymore.
Thanks for the offer. I think I'm good though. I have everything I need, I just need to level them up. And tossing a bulbasaur onto the GTS can very quickly get me the rest.

As for Kyogre, all I need to do is beat Red in HG and catch it, my team just isn't good enough yet and I am waiting until I trade my lvl. 100 Arceus (it has been a huge help with all this leveling up nonsense) over from Platinum to bang it out.

If you need anything (aside from legendaries) though, let me know.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #87
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
You are missing my point. Forgetting about the kanto starters for the moment. Its still a dum move by nintendo. I can understand the need for palpark for transfering from gba tods. But to have to use it for ds to ds is stupid and defeats the idea of trading between the games. Thats whats annoying me.
while this is nothing uncomon.... I do wish we finally got a true "pokebox" storage system for the wii, where you can put all pokemon from all games into it.. and make for easy transfer between other games. kinda like how red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal worked on pokemon stadium 2

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #88
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
while this is nothing uncomon.... I do wish we finally got a true "pokebox" storage system for the wii, where you can put all pokemon from all games into it.. and make for easy transfer between other games. kinda like how red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal worked on pokemon stadium 2
I agree. I would love to have a way to quickly and efficiently transfer everyone from game to game

Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #89
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I agree. I would love to have a way to quickly and efficiently transfer everyone from game to game
yeah, it becomes a pain in the ass if you have ALOT of pokemon to transfer

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #90
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I'm not gonna be able to get my copy of Black until late next week. Goddamn Amazon is taking forever to get my trade-in stuff that I'm using to pay for it

Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #91
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Got White in the mail today. Everything seems good so far. It's taking awhile to get the game connection stuff available.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #92
JAK®
Upstart

Yeah, I won't be able to play it until Saturday, because I arranged to have it delivered at my house away from Uni. It's just sitting there waiting for me

Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #93
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Shipping really is a *****

Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #94
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Not if you have Amazon Prime

Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #95
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

I caved and bought Black today, so that way I have both and don't have to concern myself with exclusives.

I am mid-way through the 'get all three starters' restart-a-thon and man, they severely extended what you have to do before you can trade. You have to beat the first gym and the first fight with Team Plasma before you get the C-gear and the pokecenter trading opens up.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #96
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Is Audino as kick ass as I've been hearing?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #97
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

No. Not really. Its a poor-man's Chansey, and thanks to a new item that doubles unevolved Pokemon's defenses when held, Chansey is leagues above even Blissey, let alone Audino. All Audino is worth is the EXP it gives and the fact that its relatively easy to encounter everywhere.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #98
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Quote:
Not if you have Amazon Prime
I have amazon prime, I'm stuck waiting for a package to ship TO amazon so I can get the credit to buy Black. It's gonna take another week before I'll get it

Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #99
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
No. Not really. Its a poor-man's Chansey, and thanks to a new item that doubles unevolved Pokemon's defenses when held, Chansey is leagues above even Blissey, let alone Audino. All Audino is worth is the EXP it gives and the fact that its relatively easy to encounter everywhere.
Ah I see.

Yeah doesn't sound that great when you put it that way.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #100
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
I caved and bought Black today, so that way I have both and don't have to concern myself with exclusives.

I am mid-way through the 'get all three starters' restart-a-thon and man, they severely extended what you have to do before you can trade. You have to beat the first gym and the first fight with Team Plasma before you get the C-gear and the pokecenter trading opens up.
What is this? I vaguely remember trying something where I'd catch a pokemon, save it, then restart the game thinking it was in my PC Box...that's probably not exactly what I tried; that was with Silver back when it was first released, so its been a while.

I took a look at one of the more popular pokemon forums and it seems to have gotten a lot more complicated since I first beat Red after it was first released.

Closed Thread