The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #76
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,206
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'm gonna give all the new Pokemon a shot, then once I've finished up the Elite Four I'll trade over my main team and continue with them from there. Maybe I'll even assimilate some of the new guys into my team.
That's how I'm looking at it as well, kinda a team refinement. I may find out that I like this or that Pokemon better than a similar type from my other teams. In Platinum I have lvl 65's of Garmchomp, Rhyperior, Gallade, Milotic, Lucario, and Spiritomb (as well as near 60's of all 3 Plat starters). From my first run of Heart Gold I have lvl 58's of Magmotar, Feraligatr, Electivire, Alakazam, Tyranitar, Scizor, Dragonite, and Drapion. With my second Heart Gold run I'm running a team of (now all around 41) Arcanine, Vaporeon, another Tyranitar, Metagross, Togekiss, and Salamence.

After I finally finish with the E4 in B&W I plan on looking thru all my teams and picking and choosing what I like best, and making a team out of that. Which includes what I find in B&W. Which is why I want to lvl with B&W only Pokes, to find out which newcomers I really like.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Fading is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #77
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,363
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
You had to get the National dex in order to be able to transfer them into Diamond. A similar concept is in place for Black/White, except you have to beat the Elite Four instead.
Provided they came from another copy of a 4th Generation game, you could get any Pokemon into Diamond (and all the other games), National Dex or not.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #78
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,121
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

It still requires a game that has the National Dex.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #79
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,363
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
It still requires a game that has the National Dex.
Yeah, that's a problem.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #80
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,762
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I meant you couldn't transfer GBA pokemon to the DS until you beat DPPt, so there was no way to start with the Kanto pokemon. You can always get an Action Replay if you want those starters so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
You had to get the National dex in order to be able to transfer them into Diamond. A similar concept is in place for Black/White, except you have to beat the Elite Four instead.
You are missing my point. Forgetting about the kanto starters for the moment. Its still a dum move by nintendo. I can understand the need for palpark for transfering from gba tods. But to have to use it for ds to ds is stupid and defeats the idea of trading between the games. Thats whats annoying me.

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #81
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,121
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

But it's an entirely new generation. It's just like Gen 1 and 2 even though both were on the Game Boy.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #82
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,762
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
But it's an entirely new generation. It's just like Gen 1 and 2 even though both were on the Game Boy.
which you could still trade between

- In Pokémon Red : You need to have delivered the Oak's Parcel to Prof. Oak in order to enable trading.

- In Pokémon Silver : You need to have talked to Bill in Ecruteak City. On the day after talking to him trading will be enabled with the older versions.

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #83
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

It took four games (leaf green, ruby, platinum and hg) and some help from Spidey-Bat (for some of the event ones I missed, like Darkrai) and now I am only a few away from having all 493 in the PC-Pokedex format. I mainly need to level up a few of the long-leveling dragons and GTS a few safari ones that I don't feel like going through the hassle of catching. And officially finish HG to catch Kyogre.

I just need:
Tyranitar
Azurill
Aggron
Flygon
Lunatone
Cradily
Salamence
Kyogre
Skorupi
Drapion
Carnivine

And I'll have all of 'em in my PC waiting to be transferred over to White.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 03-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #84
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,751
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

do you know if game stop is having a midnight release or anything for B/W?

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #85
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,206
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
It took four games (leaf green, ruby, platinum and hg) and some help from Spidey-Bat (for some of the event ones I missed, like Darkrai) and now I am only a few away from having all 493 in the PC-Pokedex format. I mainly need to level up a few of the long-leveling dragons and GTS a few safari ones that I don't feel like going through the hassle of catching. And officially finish HG to catch Kyogre.

I just need:
Tyranitar
Azurill
Aggron
Flygon
Lunatone
Cradily
Salamence
Kyogre
Skorupi
Drapion
Carnivine
nd I'll have all of 'em in my PC waiting to be transferred over to White.
I have a spare Tyranitar, Skorupi, and while no Salamence (yet) I do have 6 spare Bagon's if you want one (Modest and Hasty are the only two decent natures out of the lot tho). If you want them just let me know when. You can trade whatever over, doesn't matter.

Name is Fading, and ID number is 11536 (that's my Platinum game where I transfered everything over to it).


Edit - Now that I think about it I have a spare Kyogre too. I had one from my first run, and since I'm running thru Heart Gold again I'll get another. I was going to save the first to try and trade someone for a Soul Silver Groudon so I could get Rayquaza, but I'm not worried about it anymore.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Last edited by Fading; 03-06-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Fading is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #86
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
I have a spare Tyranitar, Skorupi, and while no Salamence (yet) I do have 6 spare Bagon's if you want one (Modest and Hasty are the only two decent natures out of the lot tho). If you want them just let me know when. You can trade whatever over, doesn't matter.

Name is Fading, and ID number is 11536 (that's my Platinum game where I transfered everything over to it).


Edit - Now that I think about it I have a spare Kyogre too. I had one from my first run, and since I'm running thru Heart Gold again I'll get another. I was going to save the first to try and trade someone for a Soul Silver Groudon so I could get Rayquaza, but I'm not worried about it anymore.
Thanks for the offer. I think I'm good though. I have everything I need, I just need to level them up. And tossing a bulbasaur onto the GTS can very quickly get me the rest.

As for Kyogre, all I need to do is beat Red in HG and catch it, my team just isn't good enough yet and I am waiting until I trade my lvl. 100 Arceus (it has been a huge help with all this leveling up nonsense) over from Platinum to bang it out.

If you need anything (aside from legendaries) though, let me know.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #87
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,178
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
You are missing my point. Forgetting about the kanto starters for the moment. Its still a dum move by nintendo. I can understand the need for palpark for transfering from gba tods. But to have to use it for ds to ds is stupid and defeats the idea of trading between the games. Thats whats annoying me.
while this is nothing uncomon.... I do wish we finally got a true "pokebox" storage system for the wii, where you can put all pokemon from all games into it.. and make for easy transfer between other games. kinda like how red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal worked on pokemon stadium 2

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #88
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
while this is nothing uncomon.... I do wish we finally got a true "pokebox" storage system for the wii, where you can put all pokemon from all games into it.. and make for easy transfer between other games. kinda like how red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal worked on pokemon stadium 2
I agree. I would love to have a way to quickly and efficiently transfer everyone from game to game

__________________
My Nintendo Blog
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #89
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,178
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I agree. I would love to have a way to quickly and efficiently transfer everyone from game to game
yeah, it becomes a pain in the ass if you have ALOT of pokemon to transfer

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #90
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

I'm not gonna be able to get my copy of Black until late next week. Goddamn Amazon is taking forever to get my trade-in stuff that I'm using to pay for it

__________________
My Nintendo Blog
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #91
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Got White in the mail today. Everything seems good so far. It's taking awhile to get the game connection stuff available.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #92
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,363
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Yeah, I won't be able to play it until Saturday, because I arranged to have it delivered at my house away from Uni. It's just sitting there waiting for me

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #93
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Shipping really is a *****

__________________
My Nintendo Blog
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #94
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,121
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Not if you have Amazon Prime

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #95
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

I caved and bought Black today, so that way I have both and don't have to concern myself with exclusives.

I am mid-way through the 'get all three starters' restart-a-thon and man, they severely extended what you have to do before you can trade. You have to beat the first gym and the first fight with Team Plasma before you get the C-gear and the pokecenter trading opens up.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #96
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,066
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Is Audino as kick ass as I've been hearing?

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #97
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER
 
WolfCypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: A World Without Logos
Posts: 12,143
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

No. Not really. Its a poor-man's Chansey, and thanks to a new item that doubles unevolved Pokemon's defenses when held, Chansey is leagues above even Blissey, let alone Audino. All Audino is worth is the EXP it gives and the fact that its relatively easy to encounter everywhere.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante_Defiance
Criticism isn't a bad thing. It's ok to not like something!
I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #98
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Not if you have Amazon Prime
I have amazon prime, I'm stuck waiting for a package to ship TO amazon so I can get the credit to buy Black. It's gonna take another week before I'll get it

__________________
My Nintendo Blog
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #99
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,066
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
No. Not really. Its a poor-man's Chansey, and thanks to a new item that doubles unevolved Pokemon's defenses when held, Chansey is leagues above even Blissey, let alone Audino. All Audino is worth is the EXP it gives and the fact that its relatively easy to encounter everywhere.
Ah I see.

Yeah doesn't sound that great when you put it that way.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #100
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,053
Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
I caved and bought Black today, so that way I have both and don't have to concern myself with exclusives.

I am mid-way through the 'get all three starters' restart-a-thon and man, they severely extended what you have to do before you can trade. You have to beat the first gym and the first fight with Team Plasma before you get the C-gear and the pokecenter trading opens up.
What is this? I vaguely remember trying something where I'd catch a pokemon, save it, then restart the game thinking it was in my PC Box...that's probably not exactly what I tried; that was with Silver back when it was first released, so its been a while.

I took a look at one of the more popular pokemon forums and it seems to have gotten a lot more complicated since I first beat Red after it was first released.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.