The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #351
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Default Re: NBC's Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm liking the uneasy team-up of Nick and Renard and I liked the illuminous Vessen in this weeks episode, I didn't realize Rosalee was a special kind of Vessen.
And apparently worth more than a blutbad. Just wait til she and Monroe get a kid. Half wolf and half fox? I forget which one her kind resemble.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #352
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Finally the drag of a storyline with Julia seems to be coming to an end. Next week looks awesome with both Monroe and Rosalee showing Julia their wesen forms!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #353
Hunter Rider
Ronin

I'm enjoying the way the mythos has expanded this season, it should be good next week when Julia joins the ranks of those that know, the reveal scene with Monroe and Rosalee looks like fun.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #354
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

I really like the last 3 new vessens we've come across. The lava monster, the glowing alien looking thing and most recently, the elf who I originally thought was Rachel Bilson.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #355
Rob Lobo
Side-Kick

I laughed when Renard woged on the Musai wessen at the end of the episode

Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #356
Siby
Side-Kick

I find it irksome that Juliette is also immune to the "madness" that is supposed to overtake mortals when they see the Wessen form.

I also want to see Nick show off his new skills and powers. I also like Nick and the Captain working on things together.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #357
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Going back to Friday's next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
I really like the last 3 new vessens we've come across. The lava monster, the glowing alien looking thing and most recently, the elf who I originally thought was Rachel Bilson.
Me too, the Lava monster felt like the first time they'd came across something that was more than a Vessen, hinting at other forces in the mythos. Who was the actress? I recognized her from something.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #358
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Quote:
Going back to Friday's next season.

Me too, the Lava monster felt like the first time they'd came across something that was more than a Vessen, hinting at other forces in the mythos. Who was the actress? I recognized her from something.
Her name's Nora Zehetner. She was Eden in Heroes.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #359
ravn0s
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah volcanalis was definitely not a wesen but something else entirely imo. he was made entirely of magma after all and created earthquakes. i'm hoping they will introduce other elemental beings next season.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #360
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Her name's Nora Zehetner. She was Eden in Heroes.
That must be where I know her from as I don't recognize anything else on her IMDB. Which season was she in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
yeah volcanalis was definitely not a wesen but something else entirely imo. he was made entirely of magma after all and created earthquakes. i'm hoping they will introduce other elemental beings next season.
That would be a very interesting expansion of the mythos, perhaps the threat after Nick and Renard defeat the Royal Family.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #361
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Loved the show and tell scene between Juliette, Monroe, Rosalee and the plumber.

I did some searching out of curiosity and apparently Hank really did injure his leg. So that explains the trip to Hawaii and why he's still in a cast.

Quote:
That must be where I know her from as I don't recognize anything else on her IMDB. Which season was she in?
Just 9 episodes of the first season.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #362
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Loved the show and tell scene between Juliette, Monroe, Rosalee and the plumber.

I did some searching out of curiosity and apparently Hank really did injure his leg. So that explains the trip to Hawaii and why he's still in a cast.
I thought that scene was great as well, they built to it really with a good mix of tension and humour. I was surprised that Baron Samedi was not just the villain of the week but will actually play into the big finale between Renard and his brother. I get the feeling things aren't going to go smoothly for Adalind.

Ah that makes sense since there was no storyline reason why he needed to be on crutches.

Quote:
Just 9 episodes of the first season.
Figures as that is the only season I actually watched properly.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #363
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
It makes even more sense now how they sent him off to his "vacation" by rolling him out of the precinct in his office chair.

Pretty clever how they're working a real-life issue into the show. Great adaptability.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #364
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
It makes even more sense now how they sent him off to his "vacation" by rolling him out of the precinct in his office chair.

Pretty clever how they're working a real-life issue into the show. Great adaptability.
lol that's right. It happened at the very beginning of the episode too. before the character would actually need to do some walking/standing. those clever bastards.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #365
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

So things are finally looking bright for nick and Juliet again...she Gon die.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #366
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
So things are finally looking bright for nick and Juliet again...she Gon die.
It's much worse... she's now part of the crew. Sure her vet skills will come in handing but c'mon man. Wu should be next in line to join the funky bunch. First cop on the scene of every single case that eventually turn to wessen related. C'mon!

Well played. Adalind playing that old hex. Prince and the blowfish playing Nick for the easy catch. **** just got real, son.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #367
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Nick's definitely going to have his own Scooby gang next season. I wonder how long he'll be in his current state and how a Grimm is affected by the transformation as opposed to regular people.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #368
Siby
Side-Kick

It was a good season finale. It was great to see Nick get bested by a superior enemy. One who plans and executes that plan.

I'm glad Nick and Juliette are back together but man she is annoying wanting to tag along with Nick and the Wessen gang.

It was also cool to see Adelaide turn on the hexen beast. I don't know why she is more trusting of the gypsy over her own kind. I know they promised her her powers back but it just seems off to me. Also the actress that plays Adelaide is really hot.

I wish we had seen more Grimm abilities from Nick. The past few episodes he hasn't displayed any of his supernatural abilities (agility, strength, hearing, etc). I want them to develop Nick more as a Grimm rather than fumbling around with his "Scooby" gang helping him.

I also love the relationship between Nick and the Captain. The Captain is awesome and the actor is great. I liked him since Caprica.

As much as I like Wu I think he should never find out about Nick and the supernatural element. He represents the everyday guy and I think he should stay that way so we can see his normal reality parallel to the supernatural one.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #369
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Gotta agree about not showcasing Nick's abilities. Ever since they teased his skills after regaining his sight, they haven't capitalized yet.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #370
ravn0s
Side-Kick

i thought the only ability they've shown is the super hearing and that only activated when he lost his sight.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #371
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's much worse... she's now part of the crew. Sure her vet skills will come in handing but c'mon man. Wu should be next in line to join the funky bunch. First cop on the scene of every single case that eventually turn to wessen related. C'mon!

Well played. Adalind playing that old hex. Prince and the blowfish playing Nick for the easy catch. **** just got real, son.
I'm sort of conflicted on that opinion. One side of me would love to see Wu come in....but I almost feel like they should wait a little longer. I kind of like seeing Wu clueless to all this stuff...maybe halfway through next season. I'm just glad they gave her something more to do on the show. Her more innocent view of the world around them is a nice contract.

Oh and I I think this season has introduced possibled the greatest Vesen villain ever with that voodoo blowfish dude.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #372
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post

It was also cool to see Adelaide turn on the hexen beast. I don't know why she is more trusting of the gypsy over her own kind. I know they promised her her powers back but it just seems off to me. Also the actress that plays Adelaide is really hot.

Hexan beasts are known to be the least trusting of all the wesen, so i'm not surprised she turned on her.

As far as Nick next season, i have a feeling that the captian is going to save Nick, as the Captains brother (James Frain) has no idea that Nick knows that the Captain is wesen and they have been working together, per the two brothers conversation last night.

Great season finale btw........

Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #373
Siby
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Oh and I I think this season has introduced possibled the greatest Vesen villain ever with that voodoo blowfish dude.
I agree. The Baron is great because he isn't a mindless or out of control killer. He is intelligent and working with a Royal they had a plan to nab the Grimm. Which they did perfectly!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #374
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I wondering if Royals have wesen forms...?

Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #375
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I wondering if Royals have wesen forms...?
The Captain is part Royal & Hexenbeast & he has wessen transformations so I would assume a full blooded Royal would also have some sort of transformation.