The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #51
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: Superman in 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ghost View Post

And considering that many directors are opting to shoot with the red one camera ( it's being used for Hobbit , SPider-man 4 ,POTC 4 , Alien prequel) , i wouldn't be surprised if Snyder decided to use that camera as well. WB will demand that Superman be shot and released in 3d. They won't get that chance with Batman but they aren't letting Superman go.
I don't think WB will do Superman in 3D. For one, if it wasn't for Nolan and Goyer coming up with a brand-new story, WB would spend the least amount of money possible on making it. Shooting in 3D would add a couple dozen million to the production tag, post-converting it would be cheaper but inferior, and just releasing it in 2D would be more cost-effective.

Since Nolan vetted 3D from Inception and TDKR, and Snyder not liking the 3D conversion on Sucker Punch -- I have a strong feeling Snyder's Superman will be 2D. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was shot digitally either way.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #52
Astrodust
Side-Kick

A blockbuster film like this tends to make a lot more money when released in 3D. I'm guessing by at least a couple of hundred millions. Not to mention the 3D blu-rays. This film will be in 3D for sure.

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #53
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
A blockbuster film like this tends to make a lot more money when released in 3D. I'm guessing by at least a couple of hundred millions. Not to mention the 3D blu-rays. This film will be in 3D for sure.
Its possible but if Snyder doesn't want it and has Nolan's backing WB's won't force it.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #54
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its possible but if Snyder doesn't want it and has Nolan's backing WB's won't force it.
I don't think Nolan or Snyder have the final call on this film. If they want it or don't want it they probably have to convince WB chief Jeff Robinov. It's not like Snyder can just decide to shoot in 3D and add 20 million to the budget. And if the film can make 250 million more dollars being in 3D cause ticket prices would be 1.5 times more, then the film will be in 3D.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
I don't think Nolan or Snyder have the final call on this film. If they want it or don't want it they probably have to convince WB chief Jeff Robinov. It's not like Snyder can just decide to shoot in 3D and add 20 million to the budget. And if the film can make 250 million more dollars being in 3D cause ticket prices would be 1.5 times more, then the film will be in 3D.
Nolan didn't want to do Inception and the Dark Knight Rises in 3D and he won. If Snyder doesnt want Superman in 3D with Nolan's backing he will win.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
Mako
Galactic Crusier

I'd rather see a some beautiful Anamorphic rather than 3D.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #57
Micah12345
Side-Kick

well WB wanted TDKR shot in 3D, but nolan managed to convince them to keep the look of the trilogy consistent. and snyder didn't want to do post-production conversion, but neither of them may be against filming superman in 3D. nolan enjoyed avatar in 3D.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #58
Kalonthar

As long as it doesn't delay the film I'm all for 3D. I never found 3D bothersome myself, and since, as has been said, it can help the box office... Of course, Snyder should do what he feels is right.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wouldn't it increase the budget quite abit?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #60
Kalonthar

Heh, well, that's up to their math department lol.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #61
dark_b
Side-Kick

i think Nolan had a big argument for Batman 3. the first 2 were in 2D and he could say that since its hes last batman movie he wants to make them all in 2D so that it feels complete. and he made a lot of money with the batman franchise.
with Superman its different IMO. i think WB ill listen to him . but to make it 2D only because of Nolan? i think this is a little to much.

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #62
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Wouldn't it increase the budget quite abit?
Only by about 10 million or so. Considering ticket prices for 3D are 1.5 times normal, the math more than makes up for it.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #63
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Heck I'd wager the money made on the 3D blu-rays alone would be at least 10 times the cost to film in 3D.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #64
Astrodust
Side-Kick

double post.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #65
Lightning54SC
Banned User

3D is played out and is and has lost its welcome with me already.... im not paying 40 bucks for me and my g/f to watch a movie in 3d.... no thanks

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #66
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC View Post
3D is played out and is and has lost its welcome with me already.... im not paying 40 bucks for me and my g/f to watch a movie in 3d.... no thanks
There is always a 2D version for films like this. The majority of the general audience still likes 3D. It would be hard to convince WB to not take the extra cash. I'm talking 200+ million more at the box office and 100+ million more on blue-ray.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #67
Dark Knight
Banned User

Zack should film The Man Of Steel with 3D cameras if it makes sense.

They will still be able to show the film in 2D for those who whine and complain about 3D technology.

I just do NOT want to see the next Supes film be shot in 2D and then converted to 3D!

That would be the unwise move.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #68
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Zack should film The Man Of Steel with 3D cameras if it makes sense.

They will still be able to show the film in 2D for those who whine and complain about 3D technology.

I just do NOT want to see the next Supes film be shot in 2D and then converted to 3D!

That would be the unwise move.
That's what I've been saying. It's not going to hurt anything if it's shot in 3D, and you'll still be able to see it in 2D. If it's shot in 2D though, then what is gained? If it gets a crap post-production 3D transfer, no-one wins.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #69
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

there's a high probability it will be filmed in 3D...I'd be shocked if it's not

Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #70
dark_b
Side-Kick

if they agree to realese it in 3D and NOT use 3D cameras..... then its over.

with GL i disagree that they couldnt in 3 weeks jump from 2D to 3D cameras. there was some info that they didnt have enough time. i disagre. but ok at least it was less then a month. with this movie they have all the time.

and f..... Roger Deakins is now using digital cameras so they can not be that bad. Fincher is showing every 2 years that when you know how to use them it looks fantastic.
http://www.slashfilm.com/roger-deaki...m-im-ill-film/

Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #71
Night Owl
Side-Kick

Please please no 3D. It sucks!!!

Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #72
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
That's what I've been saying. It's not going to hurt anything if it's shot in 3D, and you'll still be able to see it in 2D. If it's shot in 2D though, then what is gained? If it gets a crap post-production 3D transfer, no-one wins.

EXACTLY!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #73
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Please please no 3D. It sucks!!!

Hello?

Are you paying attention? They can use 3D cameras to shoot, and they can still release the film in 2D format for you.

If they shoot in 2D and then convert it to 3D to show in 3D format also.....then that will be no good.

I hope conversion process for GL in 3D that is probably going on right now, ends up being good and not crap, like Clash Of Titans was.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #74
dark_b
Side-Kick

with every new 3D conversion there is someone who writtes '' i hope its better''. and its never better. just how long will some here be naive and belive that it can be good in such small production time and 3D budget?

you need tons of money and tons of time for a good 3D conversion. studios are not paying a lot of money for 3D. because the whole point of 3D conversions is to save money and get bigger profit.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #75
Astrodust
Side-Kick

There is a chance that The Hobbit which is in 3D comes out in the same month as Superman. Who knows, maybe another film or two might be 3D that month as everyone is moving that direction these days. Something tells me if a family had the choice they would choose a 3D Hobbit over a 2D Superman. You need to give this film every edge it can. Mind you some people will see both cause it might be a couple weeks between releases. Or they might move The Hobbit later or Superman earlier.