The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #76
Kal

Exclamation Re: The Mystery Female Lead Casting Thread

There is one person who you are all missing...

She is Blond
Could be a reporter or contact for C.K while he's in Africa
And has a great presence before Superman exists.

That person is......... Chloe Sullivan.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #77
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Mystery Female Lead Casting Thread

Alice Eve can be Power Girl. She's definately got the assets for it.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #78
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i am scared that i will pay an expensive ticket in 2012 but will not get superman in the suit for the firs 45 minutes.
I don't really care. I am more interested in getting a top-rate movie than I am in playing the numbers game about how many minutes of the movie Cavill spends in costume vs. out, because that has nothing to do with whether or not the movie is good.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #79
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
There is one person who you are all missing...

She is Blond
Could be a reporter or contact for C.K while he's in Africa
And has a great presence before Superman exists.

That person is......... Chloe Sullivan.
Chloe Sullivan has already been mentioned...

Maybe WB is taking a page from Twilight and are going to create a "Team Lois" vs "Team Whoever" situation. I think I know what team I would be on

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #80
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

What if it is Lana Lang and she follows Clark in to journalism and is killed in Africa. This would followt the rumours of a funeral scene.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well Lois not being in the movie or not having a significant is the first news from this re-boot that I have genuinly not liked, Lois is integral to Superman's growth as a character, hence why she has been involved in every origin story printed in the comics.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #82
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
What if it is Lana Lang and she follows Clark in to journalism and is killed in Africa. This would followt the rumours of a funeral scene.
you have to be the best director on this planet to make the audience care for a character that you saw for only 40 minutes.

i am open for that. lets see if they can make it.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #83
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
I'd say they're casting for Maggie Sawyer.
Very good suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Kryptonian View Post
lol maybe they will cast someone to play a Chloe type character! She's blond afterall...
I sure as hell HOPE it's Chloe, but don't think that will be a possibility. Lana's probably going to have the Chloe-role, like she did in the animated series.

Personally I don't think whoever's cast will BE a blonde. And I can certainly imagine Diane Kruger as Lois. But she'll need to do less sultry and more spunky.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #84
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
you have to be the best director on this planet to make the audience care for a character that you saw for only 40 minutes.

You do know that 40 minutes is like what? 1/3 rd of the movie? Jesus, parents get less screen time than that and we're left weeping with the hero. I'm looking at you Uncle Ben Kenobi Parker. Oh and besides, I've watched entire episodes on TV with guest-stars worth half that time who still left a lasting impression So is not all bad.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #85
Ursa
Villainess

I think this note was released to foil speculators and not disrupt the casting process of Lois Lane.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #86
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Somebody commented on maybe it could be supergirl, but I doubt it

Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #87
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't think it's the point to move the audience to tears for the death of mystery girl. It's to make Clark more human and make us believe that he is affected in such a way that gives his character more depth. Like killing Sonny in The Godfather. We didn't cry but it was a plot device that created a powerful scene. It affects Clark so it affects the audience.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #88
Advo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkris View Post
I always take those magazine comments with a grain of salt. They're probably trying out for the part, but not every casting is about a "lead" role. Snyder and Nolan have cast relatively big names for small parts - it is probable that whoever checked that list thought "wow, they are surely trying for the lead role".

The could be Lara for all we know, appearing for 5-10 minutes in the film. Or a younger Martha Kent, or even older Martha Kent with prosthetics (hopefully not...)
It's actually more likely that Lois is the smaller female role or another female lead because Variety specifically said it was a lead they are casting (the blondes) for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
It would be disappointing if this movie doesn't have Lois and Jimmy, but then again, Batman Begins had a disposable love interest and it was still great, and we are finally getting Batman's most iconic love in the third film so it's all good. I just hope that we don't have to wait as long to see Lois...
But Lois is "confirmed" to be it in it. The blondes they are casting are quite different in looks from the brunettes, we've heard them cast for (presumably) Lois. It's could also be an interesting detail that both Alice Eve and Rosamund Pike are English, Diane Kruger is German. They are all European.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #89
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

a blonde.......... mmmmmmmmm....

MAYBE IT'S CHLOE

Old 02-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #90
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

I think that'd be the best way to go really, I'd love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well Lois not being in the movie or not having a significant is the first news from this re-boot that I have genuinly not liked, Lois is integral to Superman's growth as a character, hence why she has been involved in every origin story printed in the comics.
I think Lois will be in the movie, I really think this female lead is either playing Lana, someone else from the Superman mythos or someone completely new that will be in the beginning of the film before Superman hits Metropolis.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I think that'd be the best way to go really, I'd love that.

I think Lois will be in the movie, I really think this female lead is either playing Lana, someone else from the Superman mythos or someone completely new that will be in the beginning of the film before Superman hits Metropolis.
But the rumour of her having a small role worries me, she is almost as important to the Superman mythos as Superman himself, Lois is a bit part of what makes Superman, well, Superman!

I want her to be in the movie for longer than 20-30 mins.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #92
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
But the rumour of her having a small role worries me, she is almost as important to the Superman mythos as Superman himself, Lois is a bit part of what makes Superman, well, Superman!

I want her to be in the movie for longer than 20-30 mins.
Its just a rumour for now, as Snyder said before the rumours are just rumours.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #93
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I'll still say it's Lois short-list #1 :P And I hope it's Chloe, though not sure it's gonna happen.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #94
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well yeah if rumours are to be believed we've got two short lists now for two different roles. Maybe this announcement if its legit will sort this all out: https://twitter.com/latherocomplex/s...80339413946369

Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #95
Blackman
C'mon Son

I really hope Lois is in this

Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #96
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Well yeah if rumours are to be believed we've got two short lists now for two different roles. Maybe this announcement if its legit will sort this all out: https://twitter.com/latherocomplex/s...80339413946369
Hhhhhmmmm, wonder what the announcement will be?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #97
Advo
Side-Kick

^I hope we don't have to wait till Sunday, LOL. I'm too impatient for that. Hope someone else leaks something new before then.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #98
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

How is Alice Eve all of sudden a name attached to every superhero flick?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #99
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Hhhhhmmmm, wonder what the announcement will be?
I did have a theory that they're screwing with us and its something to do with Super 8

But I think its definitely related to Superman, I just wonder what it is and hope its more than one thing aswell

Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #100
RakuMon
Side-Kick

I have no doubts that Lois Lane is in the movie. If this is an origin story, with most of it taking place outside of Metropolis a la Birthright, it makes sense that Lois wouldn't be prominent throughout.

Has Lara been suggested yet? Maybe there's a bigger focus on Krypton in the early part of the movie and that Jor-El and Lara have larger roles than before?

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
Closed Thread