The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #51
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Default Re: News flash!

Well Jonathon Kent is the obvious choice. I couldn't imagine him getting a different part from that. Could anyone think of any other realistic possibilities? Maybe its some dude in africa. however my money is on JK

7heBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #52
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

what is this Africa business that people are talking about?

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #53
7heBoss
Side-Kick

I don't have the link to it or anything and at this point i believe it is just a rumor but it was said that the movie would take place with pre-Superman clark kent traveling as a journalist. A page taken from birthright. It was something like that.

If someone has the link or the plot summary feel free to post it

7heBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #54
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Interesting rumor. I think Costner would make a great Jonathan Kent or Perry White. I don't know the Sam Lane character that well but I'm sure Kevin could pull that off too. I actually think Costner is one of the best actors of his generation... unfortunately a few missteps (Robin Hood, Waterworld) marred his image as an actor pretty badly for a bit. But as long as he stays the hell away from Kevin Reynolds, he does fine.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #55
Octoberist
point blank

The whole African rumor thing has very light weight to it, me thinks.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #56
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Jonathan Kent, Perry White or Sam Lane. Costner would be great as any of them. He was brilliant in Mr. Brooks.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #57
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
The whole African rumor thing has very light weight to it, me thinks.
Yeah. Considering all the secrecy surrounding this movie, I don't think anyone actually knows what the story is going to be.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #58
Octoberist
point blank

exactly. I think people are too caught up on the Birthright rumors, though it makes for great discussion. Remember, Goyer wrote the intro to 'Superman: Secret Origins' so obviously he's not sticking to one source (like with Nolan's Batman)

Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #59
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar View Post
So every time an actor/actress is up for a role in this movie or TDKR, news outlets have to it report as "unknown" or "unspecified" role. OK, WB, we get it, you are so super secretive and and you have info locked up so tight that not even Ethan Hunt could gain access to it. But can you throw us a frickin bone every once in awhile and just say what the role is? I'm not looking for major plot points, just roles. Apparently that's too much too ask for.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #60
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Jonathan Kent, Perry White or Sam Lane. Costner would be great as any of them. He was brilliant in Mr. Brooks.
True dat. Mr. Brooks was such an awesome movie. Hell, DANE COOK was good in it, miraculously. I wish it would have made more money because I read an interview with Costner where he hinted that he wanted to make a sequel.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #61
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
Then again, he could be luthor, but I think he's too old.
Snyder should get Billy Zane for the role of Luthor.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #62
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Why? he's old too, and a mediocre actor, with no star power.

RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #63
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
exactly. I think people are too caught up on the Birthright rumors, though it makes for great discussion. Remember, Goyer wrote the intro to 'Superman: Secret Origins' so obviously he's not sticking to one source (like with Nolan's Batman)
He also wrote an excerpt for Superman: Earth One and the story that broke that announced that he was writing the new Superman movie suggested that he was going with a more Byrne like take. To me it sounds like they're going with an origin route that is going to take various elements from Superman's many origin stories like Waid's Birthright, JMS' Earth One, Johns' Secret Origin, Byrne's Man of Steel, and Donner's Superman the Movie.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #64
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I think that's the way it's gonna go, too.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #65
LL2K2
End of an Era

Latino Review may have the answer. I'll believe it when it's official:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/kev...revealed-12685

Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #66
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
I'm still hoping that if they are doing the fall of Krypton they go with Johns' version. I think a lot of us would be pleased with 'Brainiac' vaguely adapted actually.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #67
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
I'm still hoping that if they are doing the fall of Krypton they go with Johns' version. I think a lot of us would be pleased with 'Brainiac' vaguely adapted actually.
If they did the fall of Krypton I think Earth One did it the best. Hell to be honest I think they should use Earth One as the origin for the movie. It would have tons of action and be something new that the GA wouldn't have seen before and really set it apart from SV, L&C, and the Superman film series.

Ultimate_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #68
04nbod
I need to debrief you

The thing I liked about Johns' version is that it has Zod as a hero trying to save Kandor and his attempt to overthrow the Kryptonian council. Therefore it would not only set up Brainiac but also Zod as a character for the second or third installment should it get there.

It also shows a Krypton of more than one capital city. Should they go that way they could get Kandor, Kryptonopolis and Argo in making the planet seem more real. I think Zor-El gets unreasonably jilted in other versions too. Have we ever seen how he says goodbye to his brother? Zor-El is often underrated as an intellect in favour of Jor, when he is part of the story he usually saves a reproducable sample of his race.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #69
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
The thing I liked about Johns' version is that it has Zod as a hero trying to save Kandor and his attempt to overthrow the Kryptonian council. Therefore it would not only set up Brainiac but also Zod as a character for the second or third installment should it get there.

It also shows a Krypton of more than one capital city. Should they go that way they could get Kandor, Kryptonopolis and Argo in making the planet seem more real. I think Zor-El gets unreasonably jilted in other versions too. Have we ever seen how he says goodbye to his brother? Zor-El is often underrated as an intellect in favour of Jor, when he is part of the story he usually saves a reproducable sample of his race.
To be honest I could care less about Zor-El and all. I personally prefer the S:TAS origin for Kara where Superman is the last of his race and Kara comes from a neighboring planet and Superman looks after her though like she is family.

As for Zod I can see your point there I do like how Johns redid his origin even though it does take a page right out of Star Wars it is a good way for them to do those guys.

Ultimate_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #70
Slugster
the Slugster

Good to se people useing this thread for NEW NEWS! lol
I really like the fact that they are using good actors along with a Snider movie I think we are finally going to see a Superman eppic.
Costner as Pa Kent is a great choice.
Now Zane or Jason Isaacs for Luthor
Olivia Wilde for Lois
Robert Duvall as Perry White
Justin Bieber as Jimmy Olson <--- LOL!!! sorry

Last edited by Slugster; 02-22-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Slugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #71
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

It'd be cool to see a superman poster like this

http://www.conanthebarbarianin3d.com/motionposter/

RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #72
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Thumbs up Re: News flash!

Quote:
The DC Nation panel at the Emerald City Comicon this weekend saw a question posed to the panel regarding how close the costume designs for the new Superman movie and up-coming Wonder Woman TV show were to those seen in the comic books. The question was fielded by DC's Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras who sought help from Superman comic book editor Matt Idelson.
  • "I haven't seen anything on 'Superman,'" Harras replied. "I've seen some sketches for the Wonder Woman costume and I will say this today - there is every intent to make them similar. People do these TV shows and these movies because they love the characters. And with DC being able to work much more closely with Warner Bros, I think you'll be happy with what comes across."
    This led to another fan asking about the level of involvement DC Comics had with the Superman movie. He cited the fact that Geoff Johns and David Goyer had worked together in the past, and since Goyer is writing the Superman script, the attendee was hoping there was some kind of coordination between the comic and film iterations.
    Harras looked to Idelson with a smile and said, "Matt actually spoke with David Goyer this week. He cannot tell you anything." Idelson, however, did say that "there's definitely a connection." He also assured everyone there that "Geoff and David talk all the time, so there is interaction."

-Superman Homepage.com

• Did any of you see this? I was trying to check threads to see if anyone brought this to attention. My apologies if it has already.

But this is a really good news here

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #73
Slugster
the Slugster

I agree

Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #74
Puckenstein
JETPACKS ON

Just read an blurb about how Manganiello never put on the suit, never tested. Shooting conflict with TB. All good.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #75
kyleman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckenstein View Post
Just read an blurb about how Manganiello never put on the suit, never tested. Shooting conflict with TB. All good.
He wouldn't have gotten it anyway. Never really stood a chance.

kyleman is offline   Reply With Quote