The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: character development and personalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
if you say so my friend. For me, I don't really care what Clark's favorite food is, why Lex's hair fell out, why Lois is a journalist instead of a kindergarten teacher or a hair stylist. Clark's favorite cereal is Lucky Charms!

No way............Kellogg's Corn Flakes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOT20LddFOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPwgG...eature=related

Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Octoberist
point blank

I want Superman to be noble character but don't portray him as this...passive character. It just makes him look like a push-over. Superman can be aggressive when the situations fits. We should show that.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #28
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Ya I want him to struggle between his now human emotions, and the control he should have as a Vulcan... I mean Kryptonian

Zack Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #29
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

yeah but I'm sure nobody else gives a crap what Clark's favorite food is, what makes him gassy and whether or not he likes to give people "the bird" or not...it's not interesting

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #30
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Nahhhhh, he just delivers Kellogg's Corn Flakes...he doesn't eat 'em

Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #31
LeMartien
Side-Kick

Unfortunately it's almost indispensable to bring back the characters thath all the people knew through the ages. A punchy Lois, a goofy and charming Clark, a young Jimmy...

LeMartien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #32
sf2
Side-Kick

i guess some of u didn't get what i meant. it isn't really about what food is clark's flavorite. it is more about bringing out the characters' personalities /habits while telling the story. making them real /a real person.

the detail should go not only to the sets, it should go to the characters too.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!

Last edited by sf2; 02-25-2011 at 08:51 AM.
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #33
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

you want to see Clark eat and take a poop? I'd rather spend my time watching Superman beat the **** out of someone...he doesn't need food and water so that aspect of him I don't care to see. Let's not turn this into Superman Returns since so many of you hate that movie...

Old 02-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #34
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
you want to see Clark eat and take a poop? I'd rather spend my time watching Superman beat the **** out of someone...he doesn't need food and water so that aspect of him I don't care to see. Let's not turn this into Superman Returns since so many of you hate that movie...
wow. we r so in different channel.

when did i say about eat and poop and that i don't wanna see some awesome fighting???!!!

SR is kinda a disappointment because one of the reasons is it has lack of detail on the characters. each and every characters are so plain and lifeless, except for lex luthor.

take SR as an example. LEx luthor is the character most developed and detailed. he showed his habit, his flavorite books, lines, quotes, gestures and his cloth. he has a scheme. he has plan. it has a complete story on how he got out of jail, planned his revenge and got his revenge. in fact, Bryan Singer thinking only for lex luthor!!!

can u get that??? detail on the character???!!! not just a superman flying around and saving.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!

Last edited by sf2; 02-25-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #35
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I agree, and there's way of showing things like that subtly without taking up too much screen time. It's not stopping the movie entirely just to show a character eating breakfast with absolutely nothing else going on.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

what is flavorite? there is no L in FAVORITE if that is what you are trying to spell...you've misspelled it several time already

Old 02-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #37
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Why don't you do yourself a flavor and FREEZE?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #38
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
wow. we r so in different channel.

when did i say about eat and poop and that i don't wanna see some awesome fighting???!!!

SR is kinda a disappointment because one of the reasons is it has lack of detail on the characters. each and every characters are so plain and lifeless, except for lex luthor.

take SR as an example. LEx luthor is the character most developed and detailed. he showed his habit, his flavorite books, lines, quotes, gestures and his cloth. he has a scheme. he has plan. it has a complete story on how he got out of jail, planned his revenge and got his revenge. in fact, Bryan Singer thinking only for lex luthor!!!

can u get that??? detail on the character???!!! not just a superman flying around and saving.
Forum should have "Superman Returns Rant", wrap around tags.........

Oh well here's my latest SR rant.........

My disappointment was not that Superman lacked character details, it was that the character details supplied were very un-Superman-like! That he could up and leave without a public announcement, but more importantly that he could abandon his true love, his soul-mate, without as much as a see ya, because he lacked the personal courage to face Lois and still carry out his convictions. That he could while standing in bushes under the cover of darkness use his ability to pry into the private life of the same soul-mate.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #39
Rev
Side-Kick

I would like to see Clark Kent portrayed as street smart and a go getter. Being raised on the farm may have sheltered him from some of horrific crimes that occur in the big city, but he is not ignorant of such events in the world because of satelite and internet news. He can appear meek but not weak because he is the definition of power under control. The way he interacts with others at the Planet and within the community would be down played in comparison to his presence as Superman. As Superman, I would like to see his presence spring from the confidence he has due to his upbringing by the Kents. His willingness to help others is because he genuinely is compassionate and sees that there is a need. He sees the best that people can be and he will not stop believing that he can inspire humanity to strive to be better.

For Lois, she may not be super model beautiful but she has a passion and a fire about her that draws not only the attention of Superman/Clark Kent but the criminal element as well. She is good at what she does and can hold her own in most things. She relies on Superman for the heavy things. Being a driven reporter does not mean that she should be stupid. I could never understand why someone with Lois' credentials would jump into a situation without thinking about the ramifications of her decisions.

I would love to see Lex similar to a moral deficient Bruce Wayne as far as intelligence and business savy. I would keep him as the corporate mogul that he is but let him have enough dirt and corruption on other leaders of industry and political figures that he is able to manipulate them and the political system for his benefit. To the world at large Lex should appear to be the champion for the working class man but the friend of corporate America.

Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #40
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I would like to see Clark Kent portrayed as street smart and a go getter. Being raised on the farm may have sheltered him from some of horrific crimes that occur in the big city, but he is not ignorant of such events in the world because of satelite and internet news. He can appear meek but not weak because he is the definition of power under control. The way he interacts with others at the Planet and within the community would be down played in comparison to his presence as Superman. As Superman, I would like to see his presence spring from the confidence he has due to his upbringing by the Kents. His willingness to help others is because he genuinely is compassionate and sees that there is a need. He sees the best that people can be and he will not stop believing that he can inspire humanity to strive to be better.

For Lois, she may not be super model beautiful but she has a passion and a fire about her that draws not only the attention of Superman/Clark Kent but the criminal element as well. She is good at what she does and can hold her own in most things. She relies on Superman for the heavy things. Being a driven reporter does not mean that she should be stupid. I could never understand why someone with Lois' credentials would jump into a situation without thinking about the ramifications of her decisions.

I would love to see Lex similar to a moral deficient Bruce Wayne as far as intelligence and business savy. I would keep him as the corporate mogul that he is but let him have enough dirt and corruption on other leaders of industry and political figures that he is able to manipulate them and the political system for his benefit. To the world at large Lex should appear to be the champion for the working class man but the friend of corporate America.
bravo, couldn't say any better. agree 100%

Old 02-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #41
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Forum should have "Superman Returns Rant", wrap around tags.........

Oh well here's my latest SR rant.........

My disappointment was not that Superman lacked character details, it was that the character details supplied were very un-Superman-like! That he could up and leave without a public announcement, but more importantly that he could abandon his true love, his soul-mate, without as much as a see ya, because he lacked the personal courage to face Lois and still carry out his convictions. That he could while standing in bushes under the cover of darkness use his ability to pry into the private life of the same soul-mate.
u r right too. it just showed that singer and his 2 writers had never given a deep thought on the superman character in SR. same to lois lane, jimmy and richard white.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #42
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
well, i hope in the new movie, we can know more about each of the characters.

for clark kent, I would like to know about his hobby, his flavorite food, the food that make him nauseous. his flavorite gesture.

for jimmy olsen, i hope they'll give him more 'details' than just a photographer.

for lois lane, i would like to see more on her charm and personality that make clark fall for her.
For us to see the real Clark he will have to spend a lot of time on the farm. He has to drop the act. Add to that, even when he is acting as CK he doesn't have a lot of friends in Metropolis to show us this.

I'd like to see the more modern Jimmy. He's a roving reporter that never gets enough appreciation. He stumbles on the most epic stuff that he can't pitch and he's a bit of hero in his own right. If he can help, he will. I'm not sure about his motorcycle but if they can do it and not be cheesy then fine.

Lois, Lois, Lois. She needs a life outside of Superman. She has no friends either.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #43
That person
Bull Moose

Quote:
richard white.
Who?

"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
That person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #44
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That person View Post
Who?
the only decent character in SR. played by james marsden

Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #45
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Why don't you do yourself a flavor and FREEZE?
that was funny, I honestly got a chuckle out of that!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #46
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I'd make Clark Kent more of a 21st century nerd/geeker. Sarcasm, witty rambling ala an Apatow character, pop culture references, naturally clutzy out of fear that he may lose control of his abilities, etc. Paul Rudd comes to mind when envisioning my perfect Clark Kent, and I think Henry can do that.

As for Superman, I go with an updated version of the Golden Age Superman. John Wayne in tights crossed with the ideal white knight. This is the best way to make Superman more bad ass without making him Batman. I know Henry can do this

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 02-27-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: ffff
NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #47
sf2
Side-Kick

will smith? John Honcock?

Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #48
8wid
Banned User

I don't want any incarnation of Bizarro and the Bizarroworld. He seems to be just a good henchmen for Luthor, especially if there are about five or six of them ganging up on Supes at once. Other I even like the idea of using them to fight for good in case Supes is outmatched by Zod and other Kryptonians too.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #49
Kurosawa
Banned User

I love Bizarro and Bizarroworld but I like them used in a more lighthearted manner. Phantom Zone villains are better for serious confrontations with Superman's equals, or better yet, people like Parasite, Kryptonite Man and Metallo who can fight Supes directly but aren't Kryptonian themselves.

I thought most Superman fans knew Clark Kent's favorite dish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_bourguignon

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #50
sf2
Side-Kick

no more phantom zone villains to me. they are 70s!

we need bigger and greater villains. so that the victory would be sweeter! something like battle of the los angeles movie!