The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #26
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

Someone should make a documentary about liberal and democratic hero FDR and Woodrow Wilson while they are at it. Being murderers that is.

If Bush is a murderer then so are all the liberal democratic heroes FDR, Woodrow Wilson, and JFK.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
What did Saddam have to do with anything honestly? Bush had to satisfy his dad's wishes, nothing more.
What does Ahmadinejad have anything to with Iran? What does Kim Jeon have anything to do with North Korea?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 11-19-2010 at 07:16 PM.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #28
SuperFerret
Hype Elitist

The war may have been shady, but unless he decided to initiate it to kill U.S. soldiers, it's not murder.

H.E.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #29
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

There were rumors and investigations about Al Zarqawi being harbored there. I know nothing was ever found, and it looks like he may have even denied him official entry into Iraq. I said evidence, when I should have said rumors.

Insofar as complying with the UN weapon inspectors, I point to Moammar Gadhafi. Here was a guy who did have aspirations for WMDs. Once he saw what was happening in Iraq, he told the UN to come in and dismantle his WMD program. His regime has been nothing but compliant towards the whole process.

So why wasn't his country invaded? They also have oil. Gadhafi has also been at odds with the U.S. in the past. Saddam is partly to blame for what happened.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #30
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I am more sadden by the waste of it all. We went to war on faulty info that got tons of people killed and cost so much money and for waht? Not any of the reason Bush kept peddling. I don't know about murder, but i wouldn't mind seeing a congrees investigation into the whole thing since we spent so much time on Clinton's sex life which had to effect at all on the country.

I am not happy that we are still stuck there, but Obama does not deserve the blame Bush does for that. Bush lied or went in on half assed info and congress( which I agree alot of them turned a 180 and expect us not to notice.) wen along with it, but Obama was against it and now is stuck with it. While don't care for some ofhis chioces, he did not lie and start it.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #31
chaseter
Bland User

All the soldiers that died disagree that it was for nothing.

Bush didn't lie to start the war either. He was given intel that he acted on. The intel was faulty due to Saddam's bolstering. If I say I have a bomb on a plane and we are about to fly it into the White House...what do you think is going to happen? We would get shot down and when they did the investigation they would find out I didn't have a bomb. Now how would you act?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #32
Bunker
Banned User

Chaseter, watch that documentary I posted. It's two hours long, but it's the most factual account of the lead up to the Iraq War. The first thing Rumsfeld did after 9/11 was order the intelligence agencies to find a link to Saddam. The Bushies were itching to finish the job in Iraq, and they knew if they could conjure up evidence linking Saddam to 9/11, they'd have a home run.

Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #33
chaseter
Bland User

I know what happened. They had intelligence, they went to war, they find out he didn't have WMDs, so they make up stuff to save face. I am sure there were hidden agendas to the war, there are always hidden agendas to every single war we ever fight. I forget who said that war is profitable and it certainly is. I am just tired of all the hypocrisy of making Bush out to be the worst president ever when I above proved that Clinton's war resulted in the loss over 7,000 US troops but nobody will ever call Clinton a murderer.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Bush Thread

No one criticizes Clinton for the events that were depicted in Black Hawk Down.

The Daily Show called Clinton's bombing of Iraq in 1998 the PERVERSION DIVERSION.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #35
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
No one criticizes Clinton for the events that were depicted in Black Hawk Down.

The Daily Show called Clinton's bombing of Iraq in 1998 the PERVERSION DIVERSION.
This is a weird post. You say no one criticizes Clinton and then follow it with a criticism of Clinton.

And Chaseter, I'll call Clinton a murderer. But I'll also still call Bush the worst president ever. I don't see how it's one or the other.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #36
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

You need to really study your Presidents further before making that assumption...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

W. Bush might not be 'the worst president ever', but he's definitely in the neighborhood.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #38
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
Chaseter, watch that documentary I posted. It's two hours long, but it's the most factual account of the lead up to the Iraq War. The first thing Rumsfeld did after 9/11 was order the intelligence agencies to find a link to Saddam. The Bushies were itching to finish the job in Iraq, and they knew if they could conjure up evidence linking Saddam to 9/11, they'd have a home run.
The fact we didn't find WMD's in Iraq kinda kills the "Bush Administration were evil masterminds who were trying to go after Saddam since Day 1" notion.

I mean if we are to believe that President Bush would risk his entire legacy on a war he didn't believe to be truly "just", are we to believe he wouldn't have simply planted WMD's?

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #39
Franklin Richards
Banned User

That's quite a stroll down Speculation Lane.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #40
StorminNorman
Banned User

Hardly.

Again, if we are to be believe that they had been attempting to manufacture a war in Iraq since the start of his term then I think it far more likely that they would finish it to it's inevitable conclusion instead of half assing it at the end.

Again, the Iraq War was a mistake - but an honest one. Now could it have been prevented had Bush done X, Y, or Z? Maybe. But remember Bush was going against a man who thought the US would never actually invade Iraq and who told all of his generals he had WMD's and was shouldering the burden of 3,000 dead Americans. It's not surprising that mistakes were made.

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #41
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
Hardly.

Again, if we are to be believe that they had been attempting to manufacture a war in Iraq since the start of his term then I think it far more likely that they would finish it to it's inevitable conclusion instead of half assing it at the end.

Again, the Iraq War was a mistake - but an honest one. Now could it have been prevented had Bush done X, Y, or Z? Maybe. But remember Bush was going against a man who thought the US would never actually invade Iraq and who told all of his generals he had WMD's and was shouldering the burden of 3,000 dead Americans. It's not surprising that mistakes were made.
Evidence was manufactured for the buildup of the Iraq war. I'm not quite sure how you can chalk it up to 'an honest mistake'.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #42
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

But to Norman's point, if it were an evil conspiracy that manufactured evidence in the build up, why not just plant a few dirty bombs in a cave somewhere and claim to have found the WMDs? If it was a conspiracy, it was quite possibly the most inept conspiracy in this history of conspiracies.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #43
Franklin Richards
Banned User

UN inspectors?

Old 11-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #44
chaseter
Bland User

The UN is more corrupt than the hard drive of the world's horniest man.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #45
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Amen....the UN is the biggest waste of time and money...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #46
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Exactly, and unless the UN inspectors monitor every cave in the country 24/7, it wouldn't be hard for Bush to have a few dirty bombs planted in one. Just like that, the war would be "justified," and Bush would have a decent chance of a positive legacy. So either he ran the worst conspiracy ever, or it was just a colossal mistake.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #47
Franklin Richards
Banned User

W? Making a mess of things? Now that could NEVER happen.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #48
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Isn't it just as likely that W. screwed up and made a mistake?

Old 11-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #49
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Yes. But like I said we sure are taking a long stroll down Speculation Lane. When I speculate about BushCo., I always presume they'll take the Evil route and **** it up royally.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #50
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

IMO, bad intel does not equal manufactured intel....at this point I have not seen enough evidence to know which it was....until I do, I will just call it a "major **** up"...

Maya Angelou ...