The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #51
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,267
Default Re: Burn Notice

That was a fun movie!

Not really a spoiler, but
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I was expecting a Burn Notice paced dramatic film with comedic elements. Not a fast paced Bruce Campbell comedy with dramatic elements. But, I guess the life of Sam Axe isn't quite like the life of Micheal Weston.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #52
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,868
Default Re: Burn Notice

Its was airy, dumb, fun, but fun none the less. I enjoyed spending two hours with Sam Axe.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #53
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,090
Default Re: Burn Notice

have to say... what happened in the Sam Axe movie must have some kind of consequence in the coming season... but i'm not sure what thread they'll bring into the show.

Thought the movie was great fun...and i liked the way it was presented to the audience...

two specific things i wanna mention, so i'm opening a spoiler box...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Donovan had a beard in this...(Nice little cameo btw)... beard just for
this or will it be in the show as well?

and in typing out the first point, i've forgotten the 2nd

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #54
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,868
Default Re: Burn Notice

The producers have said it ties in. At first I thought that Veracruz was having his strings pulled by the Dylan Baker CIA character from the season 4 finale. Since that's not the case, perhaps Admiral Lawrence will play a role next season?

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #55
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,090
Default Re: Burn Notice

what about the girl?

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #56
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,267
Default Re: Burn Notice

I'd crack up if it the Admiral that sent Sam away needed his help this season.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #57
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,868
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
what about the girl?
I could see either popping up as one of the weekly clients, but the producer seemed to imply that it would affect the season 5 story arc. I cannot see either doing that.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #58
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,446
Default Re: Burn Notice

Cool movie, I missed Mike and Fi but I still liked it. But man, the female doc was annoying. I would've stopped and let her out in the middle of the jungle.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
have to say... what happened in the Sam Axe movie must have some kind of consequence in the coming season... but i'm not sure what thread they'll bring into the show.

Thought the movie was great fun...and i liked the way it was presented to the audience...

two specific things i wanna mention, so i'm opening a spoiler box...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Donovan had a beard in this...(Nice little cameo btw)... beard just for
this or will it be in the show as well?

and in typing out the first point, i've forgotten the 2nd

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I thought Michael had a beard just to help blend in on whatever mission he was on. It was a big change from his usual clean-cut appearance. But yeah, wasn't expecting to see him.

__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #59
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring
 
HELL N' SPIDERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Shadows
Posts: 825
Default Re: Burn Notice

I counted 4 classic Bruce Campbell references.

"The Chin"
Him having the chainsaw and throwing it.
Him saying "Groovy"
And the pose he does after the helicopters arrive, where he is holding up the gun to show the others that they won...that was the "Boomstick!!" pose.

Did I miss any?

__________________
Hell N' Spiders

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #60
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,267
Default Re: Burn Notice

OF COURSE! The boomstick pose!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #61
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,192
Default Re: Burn Notice

I didn't get the whole extortion thing whose pic wasn't supposed to have been shown?

Trainwreck2100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #62
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw
 
SHADOWBAT69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: Burn Notice

I watched the rerun last night. Have to admit, I wasnt really that impressed by it. :/

__________________
"You can lock it up, burn it,and bury it, and pray that it dies. But it never does. It just....rests awhile."
SHADOWBAT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #63
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,446
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
I didn't get the whole extortion thing whose pic wasn't supposed to have been shown?
I was wondering this myself.

__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #64
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick
 
carrrnuttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
I didn't get the whole extortion thing whose pic wasn't supposed to have been shown?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A civilian with a camera, with national newspaper connections inside a CIA base that's not supposed to exist can do some damage...

__________________
"Fiona is NOT my past."
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #65
Sebastos
Bebop User
 
Sebastos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Terre
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Burn Notice

Missed it, will have to catch the rerun!

__________________
Sic Parvis Magna

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #66
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,192
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A civilian with a camera, with national newspaper connections inside a CIA base that's not supposed to exist can do some damage...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
yeah but he said she took a picture of someone

Trainwreck2100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #67
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,267
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
yeah but he said she took a picture of someone
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Didn't she take pictures of the army leader and the government official? Corrupt people being directly supported by the US government and military. That wouldn't play well for the US in the press.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #68
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,868
Default Re: Burn Notice

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She took pictures of CIA operatives being held hostage in a Columbian outpost that was not supposed to exist. Remember the whole fiasco when Valerie Plame's cover was blown when she was INACTIVE? Now imagine if she had been undercover in a country that the U.S. was not supposed to be in, being held captive by a foreign general and pictures of that were published in the Washington Post. As you can imagine it would be quite the **** storm.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #69
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,446
Default Re: Burn Notice

Ohh... so obvious now.

__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #70
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.
 
Spider-Man Luvr28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 27,970
Default Re: Burn Notice

Gavin Rossdale, the lead singer of Bush and husband of Gwen Stefani, will appear on Burn Notice.

Rossdale plays Armand, a wealthy and powerful villain with a hand in nefarious projects all over the world. Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar)
goes to him for help — but he’ll only provide assistance if she helps him with a major heist job.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/01/ga...ice-exclusive/


Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #71
NHawk19
insert witty comment
 
NHawk19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Steel Town USA
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Burn Notice

Is the new season due out on DVD anytime soon?

__________________
Chris: This is a sports network. Our sponsors expect us to project an image of good health and clean living.
Dan: I'll think about that next time I'm reporting on how the Miller Genuine Draft car did in the Winston Cup.
NHawk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #72
El Bastardo
Literary elitist
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,045
Default Re: Burn Notice

Gavin Rossdale is awesome.

__________________
"Like anything, writing is a puzzle. Your first five drafts are ****, and then you start whittling it down into something good." - Rick Remender
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #73
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,446
Default Re: Burn Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHawk19 View Post
Is the new season due out on DVD anytime soon?
I heard season 5 of Pysch is already out, so it should be.

__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #74
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw
 
SHADOWBAT69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: Burn Notice

June 7th is the street date

__________________
"You can lock it up, burn it,and bury it, and pray that it dies. But it never does. It just....rests awhile."
SHADOWBAT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #75
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,868
Default Re: Burn Notice

bump

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.