The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Discussion: Illegal Immigration, Immigration Reform, and Other Citizenship Issues II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Malice
BMFH
SHH! Administrator

Default Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues

Greetings all, I wanted to post my views on Immigration.

I think the first things we need to do, before everything else, is enforce the US borders. Enfore immigration laws. Noone gets in without proper documentation.

The next thing I think, some would clasify as a form of Amnesty. Unfortunately, we cant in all good conscience deport 12 million people. I say we do the following.

1) Set a date (after the borders are effectively secured) of 6 months where are immigrants are required to contact the Immigration Offices, and register. This registration gives them a valid ID. They are required to state where they came from and how long they have been here. They are to pay a 5K fine for being here illegally. They are gaurented 5 years to be in the country.
At the end of those 5 years, they must learn to read and write English. if they dont learn English, the 5 year visa, is pulled, and the immigrant is deported.

2) At the end of the 6 months, the free registration ends. Then, any illegal found gets deported, simple as that. This means, if you get pulled over by a cop, you get your info run. You go to a hospital, you get your info run. Basically, when an illegal immigrant gets deported when they are discovered. We wont go after them, they will "be found thru normal means."

Also, at the end of these 6 months, companies are required to verify that their employees are Legal. If they are not, the company will significantly fined. This will force the companies to get their illegal immigrant to register and get into the system.

Immigration is a really tough thing. We must enforce our immigration, and be humane about it. If we give them a chance to register, without fear of being deported, the will.

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues

According to the AP, Arizona lawmakers had their first hearing monday to decide whether or not to challenge 'birthright citizenship'.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues II

Arizona, why you hating?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
SuperFerret
Class Act

That seems stupid, but it might make citizenship something of value again.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I've said it before but its sad because the borders will never get fixed. In a perfect world were our ideals would be effectively followed by our paid representatives, yes.

But they have been completely bought out by special interest and lobbyist as well as other more annoying almost gang like entities that exist within our system. They are complete sell outs.

America the idea works its just perverted and ignored by our current "representatives" and other offices and bureaus in charge.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
SuBe
Voluntaryist

The only reason Illegal Immigration is an issue is due to our Welfare State. Who cares if some one is here? The problem is always tax dollars spent on an Illegal. Don't spend money on them. Don't take money from me to give to them and they will assimilate. Why deter someone who wants to come here for a better life for their family?

End the Welfare State.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Tao43
Side-Kick

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110207/...ation_fastfood

I think the thing that irritates me most is that two of the illegals they talked to act like it's no big deal that they have fake ID's, fake social security cards, and fake residence permits. I never figured that four wrongs make a right. Crazy.

Tao43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao43 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110207/...ation_fastfood

I think the thing that irritates me most is that two of the illegals they talked to act like it's no big deal that they have fake ID's, fake social security cards, and fake residence permits. I never figured that four wrongs make a right. Crazy.
So you're able to get a fix on their attitude on a subject from a written article which was probably translated from Spanish?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Everyone is partly to blame honestly but there is no excuse in the world why our border looks like this:

The welfare state (although there is a problem with this system as it promotes laziness, trickery, and reliance on bigger government) is part of the problem but defintely not the main one just another incentive. Plus most these people don't come here to lay on their asses they are either hardworking people taking advantage of both Mexico and US flaws and the rest are no good drug cartel or pawns that work for them.

The real answer would be to make a border worth a damn. I don't want to hear any excuses saying we can't afford it as apparently congress has plenty of money for pork barrel projects along with passing legislations which are dead ends to nowhere. As well as funding several different wars and the amount of money that goes into defense yet so little is allocated to the borders?

I think its quite clear that there is a status quo going on here. A corrupt and messed up one at that both the US and Mexico allow. Again the drug trade is necessary for certain factions within both the Mexican and American government otherwise the border would have been fixed a long time ago.

Everyone is being bamboozled into believing that congress or even the executive is looking for a real way to end all this madness but of course it isn't because its all part of a well maintained drug fueled machine.

A bunch of sell out crooks who are multinationals will not give us what we want. I wish we could deport all those ass clowns and let them rot with their swiss bank accounts. Go rip off someone else.

Disgusting that these ass clowns are our supposed "representatives". Gross and sickening.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
SuBe
Voluntaryist

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Tao43
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
So you're able to get a fix on their attitude on a subject from a written article which was probably translated from Spanish?
Direct quote from the article:

The false documents, which include things such as driver's licenses, Social Security cards and residence permits, are easy to come by "on the street," said Tanya. "Many people offer them. It is part of coming here and trying to make a better life for your children."

That seems pretty much like it's just an everyday thing to them.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Which it is. Still, it's hard to take away much from that quote when I'm sure the original quote was in Spanish and some of the meaning was lost in translation. I also like how you ignore the last part of the same sentence.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
Tao43
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Which it is. Still, it's hard to take away much from that quote when I'm sure the original quote was in Spanish and some of the meaning was lost in translation. I also like how you ignore the last part of the same sentence.
I didn't ignore it. It just didn't relate to what I was pointing out. I am all for people immigrating to the US to make a better life for themselves. I just wish they would do it legally. People getting illegal social security cards is a big problem. How many of those numbers are the same as people already working and living here legally? Try proving that to the IRS when you get nailed for not claiming income because someone else is using your social security number. Happened to a friend of mine and the IRS considers you guilty until proven innocent.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Arizona anti-immigration vigilante convicted of murdering Latino man and 9-year-old daughter

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/14/...ex.html?hpt=T1

And the victims were American-born US citizens....unsurprising.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #16
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Arizona anti-immigration vigilante convicted of murdering Latino man and 9-year-old daughter

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/14/...ex.html?hpt=T1

And the victims were American-born US citizens....unsurprising.
Man, I know that we can't blame anyone but this madman for this but this is what happens when you start broadcasting rhetoric against a specific group of people.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #17
chaseter
Bland User

Truly disgusting...I hope he gets life without parole.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #18
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

*she

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #19
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Greetings all, I wanted to post my views on Immigration.

I think the first things we need to do, before everything else, is enforce the US borders. Enfore immigration laws. Noone gets in without proper documentation.

The next thing I think, some would clasify as a form of Amnesty. Unfortunately, we cant in all good conscience deport 12 million people. I say we do the following.
I agree with this part. Enforce our laws and enforce our borders. I can, however, in good concience deport 12 million people. We can't do that because it would be impossible.

Quote:
1) Set a date (after the borders are effectively secured) of 6 months where are immigrants are required to contact the Immigration Offices, and register. This registration gives them a valid ID. They are required to state where they came from and how long they have been here. They are to pay a 5K fine for being here illegally. They are gaurented 5 years to be in the country.
At the end of those 5 years, they must learn to read and write English. if they dont learn English, the 5 year visa, is pulled, and the immigrant is deported.
Here is were things get sketchy. I don't think the borders will ever become effectively secure. And even if it did, I don't think most immigrants would register. For one, having them pay a $5,000 fine, and two, because they are now in the system.

Quote:
2) At the end of the 6 months, the free registration ends. Then, any illegal found gets deported, simple as that. This means, if you get pulled over by a cop, you get your info run. You go to a hospital, you get your info run. Basically, when an illegal immigrant gets deported when they are discovered. We wont go after them, they will "be found thru normal means."
We should be doing that anyways without registration. If we find you and you are not supposed to be here, we kick you out. Unfortunately, they just come right back.

Quote:
Also, at the end of these 6 months, companies are required to verify that their employees are Legal. If they are not, the company will significantly fined. This will force the companies to get their illegal immigrant to register and get into the system.
This is were I think we should focus. We should make companies make damn sure their employees are not illegal. Right now it's too easy for them to get away with it, which gives illegals incentive to risk coming over here.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Everyone is partly to blame honestly but there is no excuse in the world why our border looks like this:

I know. Really, where are the Mexicans to clean away all that shrubbery?

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Aww, Charadon got banned?

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues II

UPDATE: CENSUS REVEALS HISPANIC GROWTH IN US 'AHEAD OF ESTIMATES'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-of-estimates/

Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

According to the AP, a federal judge has ruled against lifting a stay blocking many components of Arizona's immigration law from taking effect.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Lol....yet, the immigration statues in the constitution which are actually heavier....are ok.

Politics is so strange...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

UPDATE: PRESIDENT OBAMA HOLDS MEETING ON IMMIGRATION REFORM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ration-reform/

Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

According to the AP, one of the most popular police officers in Anchorage, Alaska is an illegal immigrant.