The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #26
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
It was all pretty funny Rock... McPufflin versus John 'Big Nose' Goofrinski, as i remember.
I know, but only reason you guys were saying that was because I screwed up with the manip by stretching his face to fit the mask. Ryan McPartlin has anything but a puffy face .... Krasinski on the other hand. LOL

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #27
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
How did I know this was gonna get drug up ..... as if it had anything to do with McPartlin, just concentrated on my lame photoshop attempt at the time. Which is what typically goes on in here.
You also came up with Blaine Blumpkin III so you get a pass as far as I'm concerned.

I myself was never sold on John K. I pushed for Jensen Ackles until Evans started becoming a reality.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #28
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Edit

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 02-08-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #29
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Hahaha... You've gotta admit Rock, that photoshop pic looks completely ridiculous compared to what we got.

Hmmm Maybe JK and McPufflin could play the Disney chipmonks in a movie?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #30
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm so glad JK didn't get the job. He was very wrong for it.

It's definetly looking good so far. It might just be the most successful blockbuster of '11

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #31
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
It's definetly looking good so far. It might just be the most successful blockbuster of '11
Financially? Not a chance in hell. But I do think it will do well.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #32
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

My most hated fan-casting choice was Mark Valley, he's not a terrible actor but he was far, far too old for the role.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #33
JAK®
Upstart

John Krasinski would have surprised a lot of people. Everybody immediately thought of Jim Halpert when he was brought up, but he is made to look more geeky and 'normal' for that part, but in real life he could look pretty good, and there were multiple manips that showed he looked very good in the actual suit.

He would have pulled off the "heroic everyman" vibe perfectly.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #34
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Heh... I was just talking to a friend about how awesome Chris Evans had been looking in CA and that I'm actually really happy Krasinski wasn't cast like originally reported. Despite our love for the big lug, neither of us could picture it.

Maybe he would've surprised us. But whatever. So happy with Evans!

ETA: And I agree with Mark Valley. I sort of want to punch things every time he's mentioned. Sure he's got a nice square jaw and he's a decent actor, but I think he's really too old for this role.

Also, you know what's kind of fun, at least for me a relative newbie on these boards? Going back through the casting threads and seeing the names mentioned. There are a few I agree with would've been good. And there are a few I... um, wouldn't. To put it mildly.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 02-08-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Chris Evans is Captain America

Remember all the celebrity names? Leonardo Dicaprio? lol

Also the number of wrestlers mentioned for Cap and Thor was just awful. John Cena? I remember one guy arguing that no one other than Triple H could ever convincingly play Thor. Hilarious.

I ever remember years ago thinking I could see Matt Damon or Daniel Craig as Cap. The thought of that now seems just so ridiculous. If it had gone that way, we would just be seeing Matt Damon or Daniel Craig or whatever big name, but when I look at Evans I don't see an actor, I just see Captain America. It's like everything Evans has done before this no longer matters because this is who he is now.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I don't remember much about the actors suggested for Cap except that the list was overwhelmingly awful. I was dumbfounded that more people didn't support Evans right off the bat considering what we could've gotten.

Krasinski probably could've acted the part but he never would've looked right and I shudder to think of all the Jim jokes we would've been subjected to.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #37
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I remember Ryan Phillippe......... *shudder*

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #38
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Financially: No way in hell in a year with the last Harry Potter film, Transformers, and Pirates of the Carribean.

Critcally: Maybe, but I believe Harry Potter will end up being the best summer film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
My most hated fan-casting choice was Mark Valley, he's not a terrible actor but he was far, far too old for the role.
I never understood the Valley love either. A guy in his 40s shouldn't be playing a young soldier. I just felt that all the people suggesting Valley really didn't know much about Captain America at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
John Krasinski would have surprised a lot of people. Everybody immediately thought of Jim Halpert when he was brought up, but he is made to look more geeky and 'normal' for that part, but in real life he could look pretty good, and there were multiple manips that showed he looked very good in the actual suit.

He would have pulled off the "heroic everyman" vibe perfectly.
I remember when Krasinski's name was first brought up. I laughed my ass off (it was so funny I didn't want to acronym it). I made so many Jim jokes to my friends. And I remember this really good picture on here with Krasinski doing the "Jim Shrug" in the Captain America costume that was hilarious.

And everyone referring to Rock Sexton as Dwight was pretty funny too.

Quote:
Remember all the celebrity names? Leonardo Dicaprio? lol

Also the number of wrestlers mentioned for Cap and Thor was just awful. John Cena? I remember one guy arguing that no one other than Triple H could ever convincingly play Thor. Hilarious.

I ever remember years ago thinking I could see Matt Damon or Daniel Craig as Cap. The thought of that now seems just so ridiculous. If it had gone that way, we would just be seeing Matt Damon or Daniel Craig or whatever big name, but when I look at Evans I don't see an actor, I just see Captain America. It's like everything Evans has done before this no longer matters because this is who he is now.
Definitely. I honestly could never see Damon, Craig, or DiCaprio in the role because those guys are bigger than the character. Chris Pine was a pipe dream but that really would've never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I don't remember much about the actors suggested for Cap except that the list was overwhelmingly awful. I was dumbfounded that more people didn't support Evans right off the bat considering what we could've gotten.

Krasinski probably could've acted the part but he never would've looked right and I shudder to think of all the Jim jokes we would've been subjected to.
Evans I had full belief that he could do a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #39
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

The Chris Evans hate never made sense to me. He is/was easily the best actor of all the candidates that were up for the role. He also has tons of charisma. Very talented actor.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #40
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Bumping this, 'Cause NOW more than ever, my faith in Mr Evans has sky-rocketed.
Hopefully, after seeing a few more scenes of him in a proper trailer, I'll definitively be able to say:
Official: Chris Evans IS Captain America

Love how those women are checking out his bod.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #41
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
And everyone referring to Rock Sexton as Dwight was pretty funny too.
Huh? WTF are you talking about? You totally just made that up.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #42
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

That guy in the background looks like Arnie.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #43
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
The Chris Evans hate never made sense to me. He is/was easily the best actor of all the candidates that were up for the role. He also has tons of charisma. Very talented actor.
Look at all the hate Henry Cavill is getting from some Superman fanboys. It's inevitable that even if the studio picks the actor best suited for the role, some fans are going to be pissed off because it's not the actor they wanted. I mean, think about it-- some people actually wanted John Cena as Captain America and Gnillew as Superman.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #44
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Look at all the hate Henry Cavill is getting from some Superman fanboys. It's inevitable that even if the studio picks the actor best suited for the role, some fans are going to be pissed off because it's not the actor they wanted. I mean, think about it-- some people actually wanted John Cena as Captain America and Gnillew as Superman.
Waaaaaah???

There are people who hate Henry Cavill? He's gorgeous, charming and talented! Not the typical Supes choice, but once they announced him, I hopped on board.

Just... Does. Not. Compute.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #45
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Shame DC arent taking the same approach as Marvel and having their characters in the same universe. The prospect of Cavill, Bale and Reynolds sharing the screen as Supes, Bats and GL wouldve been interesting.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #46
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Huh? WTF are you talking about? You totally just made that up.
This was one of them until the photo got removed for bandwidth.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...postcount=5602

Damn, Rock. Looking at the old thread, you were harsher on JK than even I remembered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.

Last edited by Parker Wayne; 02-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #47
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Shame DC arent taking the same approach as Marvel and having their characters in the same universe. The prospect of Cavill, Bale and Reynolds sharing the screen as Supes, Bats and GL wouldve been interesting.
I think they're taking a wait and see stance. They want to see how Avengers performs before doing anything like that. And, in my opinion, I don't think Bale or Nolan would agree to do it, so they aren't going to commit them to it.
------------------------

As for any negative criticism towards Henry Cavill... there isn't any. There were a couple temper tantrums when the news broke out, but it's a very positive atmosphere in the Superman boards.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #48
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

No, i'm pretty sure they've clearly said several times that they're not doing what Marvel is doing, and they're keeping each film separate to it's own world in order to maintain the respective tones of each comic.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #49
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Geoff Johns said they where keeping them seperate for now.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #50
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, i'm pretty sure they've clearly said several times that they're not doing what Marvel is doing, and they're keeping each film separate to it's own world in order to maintain the respective tones of each comic.
DC is having a hard enough time making a decent movie from their characters anyway...once they get that down, then maybe in the future they can merge them...but for now it seems like they just need to get a handle on how to bring the characters on screen without losing losing a lot of source material.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote