The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #251
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Downey's last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_MAX View Post
i personally think Colin Farrel would make a good Tony if RDJ is recast.
Totally agree, he could do the cocky thing very well.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #252
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I don't know, its like saying Ben Affleck should have been Daredevil. Oh wait... he was... o.O

Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #253
Superhero 101
DESI

I can see Farrel as Stark

Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #254
Picard Sisko

I don't want Colin Farrel anywhere near Iron Man honestly. I feel like they would be better off finding a new or unknown actor.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #255
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Sometimes I still wish that had their planning and schedule gone better, that they could have released "Iron Man 2" after "The Avengers" so that we wouldn't have one character ahead in the solo film department and thus being able to better spread their appearances more evenly.

Heck, IM3 is turning out to be so much more better than Iron Man 2 from what we've seen and heard already, that it's a shame that THIS wasn't Iron Man 2 instead, especially if things had been done as mentioned above.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #256
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_MAX View Post
i personally think Colin Farrel would make a good Tony if RDJ is recast.
I do, too. He's my choice if they ever recast the character.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #257
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
There's three reasons RDJ bill be Iron Man for a long, long time...

1. Marvel is going to THROW money at him. He is the face of the MCU, and Marvel knows it.

2. Downey probably feels a certain debt of gratitude towards Marvel for reviving his career. They gave him a chance when a lot of people wouldn't.

3. He genuinely loves playing the character and has stated so on many occasions, even going so far as to say that he will be Iron Man until his body will not allow him to do so anymore.

I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon. I imagine he'll be Tony Stark for at least 5 or 6 movies AFTER Iron Man 3, including cameo appearances.
Yeah but the same three statements exist for Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow and I kind of wish they hadn't milked that so much. In the first he was so inventive and full of energy but by the fourth he sort of ended on a low note.

I wouldn't want the same happening to RDJ or Iron Man.

As I've said before I wouldn't mind seeing Richard Coyle play Iron Man. He's unknown but quite accomplished, a good actor, he's energetic, inventive and funny and he could easily play the dual natures of genius and bastard.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #258
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
He'd come off as a douche bag though. RDJ is probably the only actor who can get away with how he acts and still have the audience route for him. Besides i think ferrell has spent the last decade trying to convince people he's not some vacant douche bag so i don't see him wanting to go back.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #259
Picard Sisko

Farrell doesn't have the same energy that RDJ has. I never really saw him in anything that was GREAT. Its funny how he is replacing Arnold in Total Recall.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #260
Silvermoth
Avenger

Colin is alright as a d-bag but I can't really see him playing the hero part well.

That's what worked so well with RDJ. His ability to wander between the two.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #261
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Downey is contracted to appear in 5 movies isn't he? Because I just remembered, in this:

http://m.superherohype.com/features/...jr-is-iron-man

Interview, he described his scene in The Incredible Hulk as a favour. So, if that means he wasn't contractually obliged, Stark will definitely be played by Downey in Avengers 2.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #262
Radioactive1980
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Sometimes I still wish that had their planning and schedule gone better, that they could have released "Iron Man 2" after "The Avengers" so that we wouldn't have one character ahead in the solo film department and thus being able to better spread their appearances more evenly.

Heck, IM3 is turning out to be so much more better than Iron Man 2 from what we've seen and heard already, that it's a shame that THIS wasn't Iron Man 2 instead, especially if things had been done as mentioned above.lol
1) Iron Man was the most successful of the phase I solo films, and since Marvel Studios is a business they made IM2. Simples.

I agree it's slightly annoying IM is one film ahead of Cap and Thor, and I hope IM3 is RDJ's last solo IM film (until post phase III, if they wanna do an old IM film) and that Cap and Thor get third solo films in phase III to even it out.

2) To say IM3 is turning out so much better than IM2, when it has barely even been shooting for a month is folly indeed. You cannot judge a film until you have seen it. Just because it sounds better on paper doesn't mean it will be.

Radioactive1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #263
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1980 View Post
1) Iron Man was the most successful of the phase I solo films, and since Marvel Studios is a business they made IM2. Simples.

I agree it's slightly annoying IM is one film ahead of Cap and Thor, and I hope IM3 is RDJ's last solo IM film (until post phase III, if they wanna do an old IM film) and that Cap and Thor get third solo films in phase III to even it out.

2) To say IM3 is turning out so much better than IM2, when it has barely even been shooting for a month is folly indeed. You cannot judge a film until you have seen it. Just because it sounds better on paper doesn't mean it will be.
I agree. IM2 looked good even in the trailer stage, and people thought it was going to be awesome. I'd wait until seeing the movie to judge how good IM3 is. It could turn out to be another Spider-Man 3 or it could turn out to be the Goldfinger of the franchise.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #264
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Farrell doesn't have the same energy that RDJ has. I never really saw him in anything that was GREAT. Its funny how he is replacing Arnold in Total Recall.
Give him a chance. A lot of actors can surprise you with energetic performances.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #265
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Downey is contracted to appear in 5 movies isn't he? Because I just remembered, in this:

http://m.superherohype.com/features/...jr-is-iron-man

Interview, he described his scene in The Incredible Hulk as a favour. So, if that means he wasn't contractually obliged, Stark will definitely be played by Downey in Avengers 2.
IM3 is the last film on his contract...which is why Feige has been talking about IM plans with or without RDJ

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #266
Silvermoth
Avenger

You know who would be an interesting choice for Iron Man? Joaquin Phoenix. Sure, he wouldn't have RDJ's cartoonishness but he would no doubt make Tony Stark an even more interesting character.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #267
tek
Side-Kick

joaquin phoenix is an interesting suggestion.

tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #268
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

I'm thinking after Iron Man 3 comes out Marvel will give Robert Downey a healthy portion of the back-end for Avengers 2 and 3 and then he'll be finished. At a certain point it just seems better to make the big characters (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk) exclusive to The Avengers to give it more of an "EVENT" feel.

Visiting Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #269
Big and green
Side-Kick

How many movies do you want them to make? I think after all the Avengers have had solo movies and a Event trilogy, I will be sick of them. And hope that Marvel doesn't become National Lampoons. I would hope that Marvel would go be smarter and pick their spots down the road. I would hope that they would develope other properties.

Big and green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #270
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Collin Farrel's best role was as douchebag boss Bobby Pellet in Horrible Bosses

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #271
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
If you're looking for an actor who has the "same energy" as Downey, you'll be looking for quite a long time.

And I think it's important that whoever they do pick isn't just trying to mimic RDJ's performance, that would be horrible. They should bring their own thing to the character.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #272
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh yeah, don't just get someone to play RDJ playing Iron Man. That would be dreadful and would end up like Routh's Superman.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #273
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I predict that Downey will be back for Avengers 2. After that I'm not as certain. But I definitely think that after the critical and popular hit that Avengers was, he'll be back for another round of that, in addition to Iron Man 3.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #274
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

I may or may not sob silently to myself whenever RDJ has to leave the role.

Iron Man will never ever be the same afterwards.

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #275
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

He will be back for as long as they want him, bet that.