The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #351
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Downey's last?

I think Avengers 2 will be RDJ's last outing as Iron Man (though I hope not) but it seems like that will be the case from some rumors I read on some fanboy websites. If they recast for the role, then that person is gonna to have some BIG shoes to fill, just like whoever plays the Joker next in a Batman film.

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 10-23-2012 at 10:55 AM.
ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #352
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
They are going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at him to get him back.
He has a huge asking price now. After the first IM revived his career, his asking price is $11M per movie. And his agents were smart enough to change his contract that gave him 0.5% of the gross too.

I think it's likely RDJ will be back, but he'll be more pricier now. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs on for two more MCU films, but gets his $11M upfront salary, plus a higher percentage of the box-office too.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #353
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Downey will be back for Avengers 2. Marvel still wants to sell it as "everything about the first you love, but BIGGER!"

After Avengers 2 and this "Phase 2" business, though? I have no idea.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #354
OP84CC82
Side-Kick

From what I understand, RDJ himself said that he wouldn't want to leave after his contract is over.

OP84CC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #355
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
They also need to recast Pepper and Tony at the same time (assuming Pepper is never killed). Would be awkward for only one of the pair to change at a time, lol.
For my suggestion a reporter can make a comment asking Tony Stark

"Did you have have plastic surgery?"

Tony will brush it off and then we see the new actor

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #356
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

No no, none of that. If you're going to sell the world to a new actor as Tony Stark, self conscious jabs like those won't do anything to help.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #357
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

After the way Disney marketed him for Avengers, and with how well the movie did, they are definitely going to make a play for him here.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #358
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

After IM3, I'm sure that Marvel and him will try to hammer out a new contract to extend his stay as IM. He seems to still be enjoying the role so why not stick around a little while longer.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #359
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Maybe they will just skip an Iron Man film in Phase 3 and then have RDJ sign on for Avengers 2 and 3. That way he would have more time in between to do other things, taking a little break from Tony.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #360
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Maybe they will just skip an Iron Man film in Phase 3 and then have RDJ sign on for Avengers 2 and 3. That way he would have more time in between to do other things, taking a little break from Tony.
I could see them do that but to not have IM in any film between A2 and A3 might be a little much for Marvel and him.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #361
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
He has a huge asking price now. After the first IM revived his career, his asking price is $11M per movie. And his agents were smart enough to change his contract that gave him 0.5% of the gross too.

I think it's likely RDJ will be back, but he'll be more pricier now. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs on for two more MCU films, but gets his $11M upfront salary, plus a higher percentage of the box-office too.
Yeah i could very much see that happening, he can make way more if he recieves a bigger percentage of the B.O. than if he just raised his baseline salary.

DOOZlovesBOOZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #362
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

This isn't RDJ's last. Just look at him at all the premieres, he LOVES this franchise. He'll be in it for the long haul just like Hugh Jackman. MARVEL truly struck gold. Plus they gave him his big second chance and I think he really likes that and will stay around as a thanks to that. Just, he always seems to love the Iron Man premieres and the joy it brings to kids (see the comic-con footage). RDJ's here to last.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #363
Kiltman
E-list Character

I see no way this being his last.

He loves the franchise, the fans love him, and it makes a lot of money. It'll get worked out, whether or not we get IM4 I'm not certain....but I think it would be a good deal to sign him up for three more A2, IM4, and A3. But give him a break from it and have IM4 be the lead in to Avengers 3 so he gets a couple years to relax and take on some other roles.

Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #364
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think IM3 could be the equivalent of Goldfinger in the Bond movies. Connery didn't quit after that but did 2 more before quitting, and then later came back for DAF. Downey Jr could still do a couple more IM movies. I don't see why it has to be a trilogy.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #365
Mr.T
Side-Kick

RDJ will be back. He is the face of the Marvel Universe and Disney knows it. in teh Avengers, IM had several money shots, got to be the one to self sacrifice and save the city, and even had the final scene before credits kicked in. Marvel knows who their golden goose is...

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #366
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Just compare the box office takes. Before The Avengers, Iron Man and Iron Man 2 each individually outsold the other standalone stories. He's definitely the most profitable hero in the lineup.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #367
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder

I have a feeling we might see the death of Tony Stark in IM3.

Notice at the end of the trailer the Arc Reactor fading out? Sure, its a stretch, but if RDJ wants out, this is his chance to do so in a way that fans could appreciate.

Which could lead us to a Rhodey Iron Man for Avengers 2, or some other method of keeping Iron Man going, without RDJ / Tony Stark.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #368
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I think Downey will stay, he seems to love the franchise. Plus, this is the franchise that brought him back into the public eye, I think he's incredibly grateful for the MCU.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #369
LegendAssemble
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post

Notice at the end of the trailer the Arc Reactor fading out? Sure, its a stretch, but if RDJ wants out, this is his chance to do so in a way that fans could appreciate.

Which could lead us to a Rhodey Iron Man for Avengers 2, or some other method of keeping Iron Man going, without RDJ / Tony Stark.
Thats not going to happen. Theres shots of his arc reactor fading out in all 4 films so far, it's just to build tension and create a sense of urgency.

LegendAssemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #370
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Notice at the end of the trailer the Arc Reactor fading out?
It fades out and then he is depicted hiking through the snow and then the reactor turns back on.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #371
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

A few weeks before or after the release of Iron Man 3, Marvel will release a statement that they have successfully signed a new contract with Robert Downey Jr. that obligates him to 3 more films. They won't specifically state what those films are, but we can safely assume they will be Iron Man 4, Avengers 2, and Avengers 3.

I'm fairly certain RDJ may quit the role of Tony Stark after Avengers 3, in which case they will either replace him with a new actor for more Iron Man films...or retire the Iron Man franchise and perhaps just have RDJ make very small cameo appearances in a few other MCU films (ala The Incredible Hulk), which I'm sure he would be happy to do.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #372
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

A few weeks before or after the release of Iron Man 3, Marvel will release a statement that they have successfully signed a new contract with Robert Downey Jr. that obligates him to 3 more films. They won't specifically state what those films are, but we can safely assume they will be Iron Man 4, Avengers 2, and Avengers 3.

I'm fairly certain RDJ may quit the role of Tony Stark after Avengers 3, in which case they will either replace him with a new actor for more Iron Man films...or retire the Iron Man franchise and perhaps just have RDJ make very small cameo appearances in a few other MCU films (ala The Incredible Hulk), which I'm sure he would be happy to do.
I see this happening. He'll have IM4, TA2, and TA3 left to do. Marvel knows what they have, and so does RDJ. Who cares if he looks a little older? Stark's supposed to be older than the rest of them anyway. That, and he keeps his age in check in almost everything we see him in. They'll die his hair black and touch him up, and boom, he looks just like he did in IM. We're good, he's here to stay and we really shouldn't worry at this point.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #373
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

To quote Joss Whedon on The Avengers 2 "All the members will be back"

sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAssemble View Post
Thats not going to happen. Theres shots of his arc reactor fading out in all 4 films so far, it's just to build tension and create a sense of urgency.
Yeah lol

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #374
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post

Thats all I really want, a trilogy of Avengers films with RDJ (and the other cast members as well like Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, etc). From that point on I don't mind the cast of the MCU being replaced or changed, just give us the same cast of the same actors to have a complete Avengers trilogy AT LEAST.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #375
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:

It's symbolism. Sort of like the broken up Bat symbol in "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Dark Knight"

Things aren't as good as they were in IM1 and IM2. The reactor isn't shining brightly anymore.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote