The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Is it time to legalize pot?
Yes 177 74.37%
No 48 20.17%
I don't know 13 5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #901
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,467
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSentinel View Post



Does anyone have the sneaking suspicion that if cannabis is legalized we'll experience a new surge of philosophical insight?
I think people who use cannabis as a party drug will continue to do so, those who use it for medicine will continue to do so and those who use it for introspection will continue to do so.

But I don't expect frat boys to suddenly become deep thinkers or vice versa.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #902
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

I can almost guarantee that if it does win, Intiut, the NFL, or the network will block the ad saying that it promotes an illegal activity, or does not represent the values of the NFL, or some other such excuse.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #903
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,467
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Yeah I'm pretty sure the NFL will reject the ad even if it did win the contest.

They want the Superbowl to be a family event. The last thing they want is another Janet Jackson controversy.

I'm still going to vote for the NORML ad just in case though.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 09-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #904
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

A family event...full of beer and boner pills!

If it does win and get rejected, it'll at least stir up some media and controversy.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #905
DarkSentinel
The DStroyah
 
DarkSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 865 Peppling Ave., Pettsburg, Gotham City
Posts: 12,928
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Just found this article on Reason:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/14/un...t-smok#comment

Now that's just stupid government thinking.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
DarkSentinel is what Sawyer wishes he could be.
WE ARE
*T. H. E. M.*
DarkSentinel is online now  
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #906
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,467
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

So police can knock down your door if any neighbor claims they can smell cannabis?

Even where it's legal to smoke cannabis?

Pathetic, unless you live in a isolated area you'll have to fear being arrested for legally smoking in your own residence.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #907
Morbius
Living Vampire
 
Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,272
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Had an interesting convo with a colleague yesterday. They said the following:

'The only reason why pot is a gateway drug is because it's illegal. If you want to buy it, you are forced to meet people who deal other substances as well.'

I thought that was very interesting - sure, it's not true in every case, but I can say this is certainly how it was for me when I was growing up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
Right now, I'd trade the whole Spider-Man bit for a rocking chair and a subscription to Reader's Digest
Morbius is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #908
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!
 
mrvlknight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,331
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
So police can knock down your door if any neighbor claims they can smell cannabis?

Even where it's legal to smoke cannabis?

Pathetic, unless you live in a isolated area you'll have to fear being arrested for legally smoking in your own residence.
I didn't see anything in the article about police knocking down any doors.

__________________
What are your goals?
mrvlknight21 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #909
DarkSentinel
The DStroyah
 
DarkSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 865 Peppling Ave., Pettsburg, Gotham City
Posts: 12,928
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Had an interesting convo with a colleague yesterday. They said the following:

'The only reason why pot is a gateway drug is because it's illegal. If you want to buy it, you are forced to meet people who deal other substances as well.'

I thought that was very interesting - sure, it's not true in every case, but I can say this is certainly how it was for me when I was growing up.
And your colleague is 100% right.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
DarkSentinel is what Sawyer wishes he could be.
WE ARE
*T. H. E. M.*
DarkSentinel is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #910
chelo248
Side-Kick
 
chelo248's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 815
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Somebody watched this already? :


The man described as the world's 'poorest president' discusses Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________


chelo248 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #911
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist
 
JeetKuneDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Legalize anything a person wants to do to their own body. (drugs, poor eating, prostitution, sterilization, tattoos) Why would that be my business? Naturally continue making it illegal to harm other people...like no driving under the influence.

I wonder at the true motivation of those who insist this should be illegal due to it being harmful to health or something....do they also support outlawing poor eating habits and lack of exercise? Those harm far more people than drugs do.

__________________
Uplift the entire genre instead of attempting to transcend it~T"Challa
JeetKuneDo is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #912
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!
 
Comics N' Toons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Obviously all drugs should be legal but 75 years+ is not a measure of success for our rights, so... SO WHAT if they legalize a plant. 1000 more laws will be there to take its place.

__________________
No Gods, No Masters!
Comics N' Toons is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #913
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,467
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
Obviously all drugs should be legal but 75 years+ is not a measure of success for our rights, so... SO WHAT if they legalize a plant. 1000 more laws will be there to take its place.
There are very few laws, that have a chance at passing, that could be as destructive as cannabis prohibition.

How many billions in tax revenue have been potentially wasted?

How many billions in lost revenue have been diverted to empower countless gangs and cartels?

How many people with serious ailments had to suffer endlessly because of no access to medical marijuana?

How many harmless cannabis users and growers have had their records and careers ruined by a drug-related arrest?

How many industrial and eco-friendly opportunities have been wasted by the thousands of hemp-related industries criminalized?

How many police hours and prison space has been wasted on cannabis users and growers while rapists and murderers roam the streets?

How many mothers have lost their children and those children put into foster homes just because their parent was involved with plants far less dangerous or destructive than alcohol?

etc.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 10-30-2013 at 01:20 PM.
MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #914
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Uruguay becomes first country to legalize Marijuana.

http://euronews.com/2013/12/11/urugu...ijuana-market/



In a related note, tourism to the country is expected to increase infinity%

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #915
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,467
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Uruguay becomes first country to legalize Marijuana.

http://euronews.com/2013/12/11/urugu...ijuana-market/



In a related note, tourism to the country is expected to increase infinity%
This is a huge accomplishment but anyone one else bothered by the fact their governments wants people to register to buy weed legally?

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #916
Alex_Spider
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Greece, Athens
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Talk to Al Jazeera : Jose Mujica: 'I earn more than I need'

The man described as the world's 'poorest president' discusses Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hteGnL-8SeU

Very interesting man. In 12:30 he also mentions his meeting with Pope Francis and even though an atheist, he feels they have a lot in common like their genuine care for humanity.
Best part in 15:15 till 19:00


Last edited by Alex_Spider; 12-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Alex_Spider is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #917
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 20,609
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Colorado issues first retail marijuana licenses

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #918
Superman Prime
*
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,356
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

MessiahDecoy has strong points. I know of one child taken from what looked to be a good family because the mother smoked marijuana.

Personally, I'm against it except for medical purposes, but think it should be technically legal for recreation.

__________________
H.E.
Superman Prime is offline  
Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #919
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Want to avoid jail time for doing drugs? It's easy. Just own a major bank and launder the drug money. You can avoid all the prison time that way!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-joke-20121213


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #920
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 6,347
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

So it's 'legal' in Denver, but has so many uptight laws concerning anything around it...

It's basically still illegal, but now you can pay a lot of taxes on it in a store.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #921
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,774
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

I mean what's the point of legalizing it if jobs are still going to drug test for it. That's why most people don't smoke, who enjoy it.

__________________
STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY
the last son is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #922
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

That makes no sense. Jobs test for alcohol too. Especially for jobs that you just can't safely do while impaired.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #923
DarkSentinel
The DStroyah
 
DarkSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 865 Peppling Ave., Pettsburg, Gotham City
Posts: 12,928
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

It's not so much nonsense that they test for cannabis, but the fact that it lingers in your system long after you've sobered up.

DarkSentinel is online now  
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #924
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Which only means they needs to refine the tests.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #925
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,774
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Yea, they have the tech to figure out when you last smoked. Listen, my point is you should be able to smoke at home in your free time, no matter what profession you have.

__________________
STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY
the last son is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.