The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #401
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Default Re: Discussion: Abortion II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I thought Republicans were for getting the government out of peoples lives. This is absolutely shameful example of government bullying. Small government my ass. ****ing shameful.

Va. Board Of Health Passes Abortion Clinic Regulations Under Pressure
Republicans don't want government out of people's lives, they just want to control the Guns of Government and they say they want smaller government. It's like a balloon, push one side in to "make it smaller" and another side pushes out. Same could be said for Democrats.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #402
CGHulk
Green Guy

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #403
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

If there was a test to identify a gay fetus, I'd be very curious to see if some of the loudly pro-life conservative Christians would take a discreet trip to their local abortion clinic.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #404
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Oh c'mon now, don't be so cynical.

Besides, if you're truly Christian, you'd try to pray the gay away.

Last edited by Schlosser85; 02-08-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #405
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Oh c'mon now, don't be so cynical.

Besides, if you're truly Christian, you'd try to pray the gay away.
I think my Christian friends and the gay Christian pastors I know would disagree.

Buuuuut, we're wandering off-topic.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #406
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Sorry, only just seen this thread, going to put my opinion in. I'm pro-choice. It's the woman's body, it's the woman's life, and I think she is more important than an unborn fetus.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #407
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I agree if it's the woman's life. But most abortions are elective.

The "my body my choice" argument doesn't do much for me, especially after 20 weeks.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #408
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

I see where people get at to the life in danger or rape cases. Never saw the my body my choice as a good reason, especially if the girl was basically asking to end up pregnant by getting drunk and flirting around with every guy she saw. I also don't like when women don't know much about abortion but support it anyway cause they feel its they're way of fighting male oppression. A lot of people that are pro life are females too so it urks me when some people try to write off that only men are the pro life people that want to control women.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #409
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
I see where people get at to the life in danger or rape cases. Never saw the my body my choice as a good reason, especially if the girl was basically asking to end up pregnant by getting drunk and flirting around with every guy she saw. I also don't like when women don't know much about abortion but support it anyway cause they feel its they're way of fighting male oppression. A lot of people that are pro life are females too so it urks me when some people try to write off that only men are the pro life people that want to control women.
In my experience, it's actually mostly women who want to keep other women down. Either by jealousy or "oh, if we relegate them to some other category ie, "dirty sl*t", that means it will never happen to ME."

Old 02-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #410
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
In my experience, it's actually mostly women who want to keep other women down. Either by jealousy or "oh, if we relegate them to some other category ie, "dirty sl*t", that means it will never happen to ME."
In my experience it seems it's the people who hate government and want government to stay out of peoples lives who are pro life. lol

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #411
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I thought Republicans were for getting the government out of peoples lives. This is absolutely shameful example of government bullying. Small government my ass. ****ing shameful.

Va. Board Of Health Passes Abortion Clinic Regulations Under Pressure
They want government out their lives, except when it concerns women's rights and who someone can marry, then it needs to be all up in someone's life.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #412
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

When it's "wrong," government NEEDS to step in to keep people from doing it.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #413
snyderrocks
Banned User

i am pro life .

snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #414
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I understand where abortion would be seen as a viable option in cases of rape and threat to the life of the mother, and feel that even though I think abortion is wrong, women should have the right to it in those circumstances. What I think is absolutely disgusting is when pregnancy is the result of irresponsible sex, and the ensuing abortion is a get out of jail free card. In these situations, you have far better choices like adoption than to snuff a life out because you and your partner can't comprehend safe sex.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #415
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I understand where abortion would be seen as a viable option in cases of rape and threat to the life of the mother, and feel that even though I think abortion is wrong, women should have the right to it in those circumstances. What I think is absolutely disgusting is when pregnancy is the result of irresponsible sex, and the ensuing abortion is a get out of jail free card. In these situations, you have far better choices like adoption than to snuff a life out because you and your partner can't comprehend safe sex.
That's also the way I see. I am pro-choice but the majority of abortions make me uncomfortable.

On the other hand, there will always be unintended pregnancies and of those pregnancies, a large percentage of women will want to end it. It is almost completely unavoidable and if an abortion is unavoidable, it might as well be done safely.

More needs to be done to prevent getting pregnant in the first place. If abstinence works for some people, great. Let's face it, most people will not stay abstinent. Birth control needs to be better understood and used by young women and men, especially by the poor.

http://www.livescience.com/23726-bir...tion-rate.html

Think of everything that the Green Goblin has done in the world of Spider-Man, and think of everything that Doc Ock has done — Doc Ock is the guy who killed Peter Parker! You don't get better ranking points on villainy than that. So you have two of Spider-Man's greatest foes — the two greatest foes — heading toward a collision....I've got a pit over here filled with people I've killed in Spider-Man. So I mean this in all seriousness: When you hit "Goblin Nation," all bets are off. No one is safe. No one is safe.

-Dan Slott
Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #416
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
On the other hand, there will always be unintended pregnancies and of those pregnancies, a large percentage of women will want to end it. It is almost completely unavoidable and if an abortion is unavoidable, it might as well be done safely.
Pretty much this.

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #417
netsurfr42

I think I agree with most people even though I consider myself pro-life...

First off I think an abortion when done because of rape or the woman's life is in danger it should really be called something else one is the result of a truly unwanted pregnancy and the latter is because we don't have the technology to save both so we have to go to the one that actually will survive.....

However I think it would be despicable that people who go around having casual sex and using it as birth control...it's just complete lack of responsibility..

I really think pro-lifers fight the wrong fight rather than fight to make abortion illegal I think it's more important(and probably more effective) to work to lower the number of abortions mainly through support of birth control and education. I also think that if your going to be a man whore than there should be some type of birth control for men. I know they're working on one, I think the worst kind of guy is a guy who begs to not use a condom....then pushes for an abortion its pretty despicable.

and as for the whole "I thought most conservatives want limited government" thing to them they view abortion as killing so...I don't think they mind government intervention... I mean you'll be pretty hard pressed to find a conservative who thinks murder laws are to much government intervention.

anyway just some of my thoughts

netsurfr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #418
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr42 View Post
I really think pro-lifers fight the wrong fight rather than fight to make abortion illegal I think it's more important(and probably more effective) to work to lower the number of abortions mainly through support of birth control and education.
I think the problem is most pro lifers are hard core christian conservative, so the 2 suggestions you give are almost as evil in their eyes(since they will argue it promotes sex)

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #419
netsurfr42

yeah that has to a lot to do with modern Christians not understanding their own belief system....I mean first anger and hate towards sinners was a common thing that Jesus fought against..you know "let him without sin cast first stone" and to "show the other cheek"....there supposed to accept those that sin and forgive so they can be better for it yada yaday and stuff...

I mean they should see it as what can we actually stop and what should take priority. I.E. people ruining there own lives or people destroying what they consider life

and as to most pro-lifers being hardcore christian....believe me I am the farthest thing from one, and I know others who think about it outside of religion as well...

netsurfr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #420
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Just to let you know about terms because I saw some discussion about how abortion should labeled differently depending on the circumstances...

spontaneous abortion is the scientific term for what we commonly refer to as a miscarriage.

The truth is that since we have tried to make education and birth control more available, abortions and unintended pregnancy have both gone down the last few years. So, while spontaneous abortion will always happen and surgical abortion will be needed for ectopic pregnancies, rape, danger to the mother, etc., we can work to make that number fewer and fewer. THAT's where we should be focusing our efforts, not trying to vilify people.

Also, it would be nice if we put this much effort into improving the lives of children, including those in foster care who would love to have a family that cares about them.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #421
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

I may be pro-choice but this is still pretty damn heartless of the biological parents. I'm glad that the girl was given to a family that was willing to care for her.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/health...html?hpt=hp_c1

Think of everything that the Green Goblin has done in the world of Spider-Man, and think of everything that Doc Ock has done — Doc Ock is the guy who killed Peter Parker! You don't get better ranking points on villainy than that. So you have two of Spider-Man's greatest foes — the two greatest foes — heading toward a collision....I've got a pit over here filled with people I've killed in Spider-Man. So I mean this in all seriousness: When you hit "Goblin Nation," all bets are off. No one is safe. No one is safe.

-Dan Slott
Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #422
Thought Crime
Banned User

Last edited by Thought Crime; 03-31-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Thought Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #423
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I agree if it's the woman's life. But most abortions are elective.

The "my body my choice" argument doesn't do much for me, especially after 20 weeks.
Being pro-choice I absolutely agree that a time frame is good.

To be honest if after 20 weeks you don't know if you want to be a parent or not, just opt for adoption because you're not fit.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #424
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

I am Pro-Choice, but as for myself, I would not have an abortion. I do not think however that I have the right to tell someone else that they can or can't.

In most states a late term (3rd trimester) abortions are not legal, so there is some time frames set in most states. As you go further into your pregnancy, there are fewer ways to abort the fetus.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #425
Thought Crime
Banned User

Last edited by Thought Crime; 03-31-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Thought Crime is offline   Reply With Quote