The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #101
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Default Re: Captain America is getting a sequel.......Already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
How can a Cap sequel happen in anything before modern times? He's frozen solid after saving the day in the first one, not to be thawed out until The Avengers.

I agree.

From what I can tell some are wanting another movie made about his adventures during WWII. They obviously won't be able to show them all in CATFA so they want to see that.

One origin movie is plenty enough for me.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #102
BizarroAids
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I agree.

From what I can tell some are wanting another movie made about his adventures during WWII. They obviously won't be able to show them all in CATFA so they want to see that.

One origin movie is plenty enough for me.
But in the sequel they can show flashbacks of Cap and the Howling Commandos during different missions. It doesn't matter if he's thawed out or not, they could still make another WWII film if they wanted, just sayin.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #103
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
But in the sequel they can show flashbacks of Cap and the Howling Commandos during different missions. It doesn't matter if he's thawed out or not, they could still make another WWII film if they wanted, just sayin.

Certainly they COULD.

I'm just agreeing it doesn't fit to me to make another one. Make the origin and then move forward. Flashbacks or dream sequences here and there would be great though.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #104
BizarroAids
Heh

Ah ok, gotcha.

I'd say a good way to do some of the war flashbacks, could be the same way they did it in Ultimate Avengers 2. When he was in the Hydra facility and it would show him approaching a Hydra guy and then flash back to the 40's.

Sometimes that can be a cool effect, they did it in Watchmen as well.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #105
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
Good thing I've never been proven to not have a good point. Let's just move on and admit that Captain America will do poorly.
A-firm. HUA.

Movin' along now.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #106
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Good thing I've never been proven to not have a good point. Let's just move on and admit that Captain America will do poorly.
Oh really? Let's take a look at this nugget.

Quote:
Wait and see what happens. Thor will do well, Cap'N 'Murca will have the suits worried cause it will barely return production costs. I'm an insider.
Just been disproven. Good night troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #107
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Ah ok, gotcha.

I'd say a good way to do some of the war flashbacks, could be the same way they did it in Ultimate Avengers 2. When he was in the Hydra facility and it would show him approaching a Hydra guy and then flash back to the 40's.

Sometimes that can be a cool effect, they did it in Watchmen as well.

Yea. Making a whole period piece through flashbacks I wouldn't be to keen on. If they did flashbacks in the Cap sequels I would actually like other people to tell stories of him. Fury maybe. Have a few people relate tales of how he impacted their life when they were kids, etc.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #108
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
So now we have...

Iron Man 3
Captain America 2
Black Panther
Ant Man

War Machine
Nick Fury (?)
Avengers 2 (?)

...am i missing any?

Quite a lineup already for the many years post-Avengers, and i have little doubt we'll be seeing many more film announcements coming down the road.
Whoa whoa! back up there, do we really need a Black Panther, Nick Fury and Ant-Man flick?

Does the general public even care for these properties? lets not get too ahead of ourselves, I mean next I'll be hearing rumors of a Namor film.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #109
BizarroAids
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
Yea. Making a whole period piece through flashbacks I wouldn't be to keen on. If they did flashbacks in the Cap sequels I would actually like other people to tell stories of him. Fury maybe. Have a few people relate tales of how he impacted their life when they were kids, etc.
Yeah, that could work as well.

I would like if they really sell it as him being the living legend. Definitely when it comes to people retelling stories.

I know alot of people don't want "hero cameos" in the stand alone films. But after the Avengers, and let's say it was a huge hit, what would stop Marvel from throwing in a scene or two with Thor, Iron Man or whoever.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
Old 02-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #110
BizarroAids
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Whoa whoa! back up there, do we really need a Black Panther, Nick Fury and Ant-Man flick?

Does the general public even care for these properties? lets not get too ahead of ourselves, I mean next I'll be hearing rumors of a Namor film.
Well Sam Jackson has a 9 picture deal, one of those was to include a SHIELD movie, which could be good spy/action flick.

And there has always been talks of both a Black Panther movie and Ant-Man. Which makes sense, give the character a full movie to flesh out who he is, then have that person join in the Avengers sequel if the interest in that character is high.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
Old 02-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #111
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:

A Black Panther, Shield (not Nick Fury alone), Black Widow, and Ant-Man movie are all in the plans for now. All have been talked about as if they are planning to make them. Ant-Man already has a script and a Director. The rest are further back.

There has been talk of a War Machine movie also. Not to mention a Hero's for Hire movie. I'm sure Namor has been talked about as well.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #112
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
They may reconsider this after the movie under preforms. It's being released in July which means it won't fare well, as only DC heroes can handle that month. TIH under preformed because it was a July release, I think. Marvel movies have to come out in May to do well. Kick starting the summer and being the first major attraction to see is what drives business to them.
I'm sorry, but this post makes me because it is so ridiculously stupid.

Quote:
Wait and see what happens. Thor will do well, Cap'N 'Murca will have the suits worried cause it will barely return production costs. I'm an insider.
I'm a Thor fan, but even I have to say that this is a load of bull**** (or should I say troll sh**). Captain America's superbowl spot was very well recieved and let's not forget that this is Captain America were taling about here (F*** yeah).

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 02-14-2011 at 04:22 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #113
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:

Well, it's not like, back-in-the-day, folks were clamoring for a Blade movie either. Heck, a lot of the GA's exposure to that character (if any) was via his few guest appearances on the Spiderman cartoon, and it got two sequels. If it's made to look like an intriguing concept, and looks good, people will watch it.
(I, myself, am waiting for a good Black Panther pic, more than any of the other proposed properties)

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #114
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
This sir, is well deserved

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #115
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:

Ant Man is happening for sure. I would argue that the "general public" didn't care about Thor, or even Iron Man, so that doesn't really matter if the movie is good.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #116
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
They may reconsider this after the movie under preforms. It's being released in July which means it won't fare well, as only DC heroes can handle that month. TIH under preformed because it was a July release, I think. Marvel movies have to come out in May to do well. Kick starting the summer and being the first major attraction to see is what drives business to them.
Spider-Man 2 was released at the end of June and didn't do too shabby...

other than that, yeah, this point just makes no sense. it doesn't matter what month it is, if people want to see it, they'll see it.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #117
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Lets stop feeding the Trolls how about that. Starve them out and move on. Enough said.

They troll to piss us off and want us to get off topic.

Sooooo anyway. How about that Cap movie huh!?

I could see Cap2 being a pure movie of him trying to fit in modern times/doubting his abilities to lead the Avengers and wishing hed never been thawed to begin with.

The Avengers cartoon does well to show this. Also with him trying to fit in we can have random flashbacks say when he looks at his shield/and old photo/ what have you, but to have an entire movie baes on flashbacks like a Saving Private Ryan kinda deal I dont think would work too well.

Like said before have your Origins movie and move on

NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #118
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Quote:

YES. We do.
And yes. They will.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #119
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I agree, a Cap sequel needs to be modern day, BUT that doesn't mean you can't tie it in with WWII. Like say, make the villain Zemo II, and flashback to Cap's days in WWII when he was fighting Zemo I. That is what I would do.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #120
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
So wait .... Cap is supposed to have gone on some other major mission fighting some other major baddie inbetween the fairly short sequence we're getting in the first one?

Not seeing how that works.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #121
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
So wait .... Cap is supposed to have gone on some other major mission fighting some other major baddie inbetween the fairly short sequence we're getting in the first one?

Not seeing how that works.
Montage of various missions he was involved in, ala Wolverine.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #122
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Montage of various missions he was involved in, ala Wolverine.
We haven't even seen the way Cap 1 is presented yet. There's no telling if they even leave that possibility open.

I think one 1940's era Cap is enough IMPO.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #123
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
We haven't even seen the way Cap 1 is presented yet. There's no telling if they even leave that possibility open.

I think one 1940's era Cap is enough IMPO.
I agree, but I'd leave enough open so they could use flashbacks of WWII later in the series if they so choose. Like I suggested earlier if they do something like use Zemo II and show Cap vs Zemo I in flashback.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #124
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I agree, but I'd leave enough open so they could use flashbacks of WWII later in the series if they so choose. Like I suggested earlier if they do something like use Zemo II and show Cap vs Zemo I in flashback.
I just don't see it happening given what we know about the script and the events of the movie. I mean we see this skinny Steve who sets out for the army, gets injected and serves as a puppet, then breaks off to save his buddies and stop the Skull. From a storytelling perspective, I don't see where a mission to stop Zemo would've fit into all that. It would've had to have been an important mission and not one you'd skip over in an origin flick where he ends up frozen and thawed in present day.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #125
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
I just don't see it happening given what we know about the script and the events of the movie. I mean we see this skinny Steve who sets out for the army, gets injected and serves as a puppet, then breaks off to save his buddies and stop the Skull. From a storytelling perspective, I don't see where a mission to stop Zemo would've fit into all that. It would've had to have been an important mission and not one you'd skip over in an origin flick where he ends up frozen and thawed in present day.
him saving his buddies is like the middle of the flick. we've heard from various sources that there will be a montage showing Cap and the Howling Commandos going on various missions. i don't really want the sequel to be set in WWII again either, but it would be a huge bummer if he basically only went on one mission then got frozen.

I believe in Batfleck