The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: What do you want to change definitely?
The Suit 14 10.29%
The Cast 11 8.09%
The Style of the Script 48 35.29%
The Marketing Department 8 5.88%
The CGI Effects 4 2.94%
The Kid (Must go!) 39 28.68%
The Title 0 0%
Everything except Brandon Routh 12 8.82%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #101
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Visualizing A Superman Reboot: Pictures Welcome - Part 1

I'm hoping the end of the first film. And please don't hate me for it, but I would quite like to see crystals again. But buried in a mountain, so the Fortress could look like this:

or

or

All of them are real Gypsum caves, and there could be technology base rooms too.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #102
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

YEah thats really cool saw that a few years back.

I do love the crystal fortress its probably my favourite movie set but its time for something new.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #103
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I do think it's time for a new one, but I really love the idea of having technologically advanced rooms within the seemingly empty fortress. But Snyder won't disappoint.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #104
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Totally agree on Birthright Krypton

Whilst I think its an awful movie I get what you mean about it been the most real looking movie of his

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #105
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I think this would be a could time to start the "Kingdom Come" barn silo FOS. I've always loved that...

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #106
7heBoss
Side-Kick

So I just now read the 5 part Action Comics series (#866-#870) that deals with Superman vs Brainiac. Wow, incredible. It really gave Birthright a run for its money as my favorite series. It isn't an origin so I don't think it could be directly translated for the upcoming reboot, however Brainiac is such an awesome villian. They could easily draw inspiration from this and make it work.

7heBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #107
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Wow that's super weird... I only just finished rereading that only 6-8 mins ago. Haha

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #108
jamce
Side-Kick

jamce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #109
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
So I just now read the 5 part Action Comics series (#866-#870) that deals with Superman vs Brainiac. Wow, incredible. It really gave Birthright a run for its money as my favorite series. It isn't an origin so I don't think it could be directly translated for the upcoming reboot, however Brainiac is such an awesome villian. They could easily draw inspiration from this and make it work.
That is an incredible series

If the new movie manages to combine Birthright and that Brainiac run we will have one hell of a movie

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #110
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

I hope the movie opens and ends like this. Bear with me guys, this is gonna be an epic post.

Opening scenes:

No titles. Nothing.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.

Last edited by Lone; 04-04-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #111
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Closing scenes:

There are only two occassions that a comic book has brought tears to my eyes: Superman's death and the ending of Birthright.

If the opening and closing of the movie comes close to what I've posted, I'll probably be standing on my seat once the credits come up and scream "**** yeah!!!".

Last edited by Lone; 04-04-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #112
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I would love it and I really hope Birthright is the main inspiration for this movie and not to sound bullheaded but I hope its nothing like Secret Origins or Earth One. Just, no, I'm sorry.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #113
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I would love it and I really hope Birthright is the main inspiration for this movie and not to sound bullheaded but I hope its nothing like Secret Origins or Earth One. Just, no, I'm sorry.
Me too. Other than the whole Lex being in Smallville and close pals with Clark as teens, I think Birthright was probably my favourite retelling of Superman's origins. A modern Superman story.

The best thing about Earth One is the quote in my sig IMO.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #114
KRIM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post

Always loved playing with the space-time continuum and having Supes actually see his parents' last moments in real-time. Absolutely heartwrenching.

KRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #115
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The ending is incredibly tragic it really stroke a chord, tears ensued immediately. Birthright is one of the best GN I have ever read. Hate to go into hyperbole but very few pieces of work have made me really sad, happy a mix of emotions.

I'd be hard pressed to say that I wouldn't welcome the idea of a Birthright adaptation, it would be heaven. The Lex Luthor angle while being a similar concept the execution was incredibly different enough so to make Luthor an incredibly scary charter yet one that you could fully emphasize with.

Great, great piece of work.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #116
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

I'm not a huge Superman fan but I thought that Birthright was a fantastic read and a great retelling of Superman's origins.

I would really love if Man of Steel took some inspiration from Birthright.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #117
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The ending is incredibly tragic it really stroke a chord, tears ensued immediately. Birthright is one of the best GN I have ever read. Hate to go into hyperbole but very few pieces of work have made me really sad, happy a mix of emotions.
Can you imagine the audience's reaction? That's the kind of ending that will leave an impression and have people talking for days.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #118
Sentry

Quote:

There are only two occassions that a comic book has brought tears to my eyes: Superman's death and the ending of Birthright.

If the opening and closing of the movie comes close to what I've posted, I'll probably be standing on my seat once the credits come up and scream "**** yeah!!!".
I agree, that moment brought tears to my eyes. Very well written.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #119
--Zero-Ethic--
Side-Kick

I'm 22. I only started collecting graphic novels in the last year and Birthright was my first Superman one.
Seeing Jor-El and Lara-El send away Kal-El brought tears to my eyes.
And the epic end... jesus christ lol
Still have the imagery embedded in my mind, ha! :P

Last edited by --Zero-Ethic--; 04-04-2011 at 05:02 AM.
--Zero-Ethic-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #120
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I still like the Earth One graphic novel..it's awesome

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #121
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Closing scenes:

Yes dude, Yes! That would be amazing... I loved Birthright as well. As I've said before, other than the random giant the orange insect in the middle of the city, it was outstanding. Having Lex be the one to deliver the blow of "knowledge" to Supes cut deep. It was devastating. The scene with Jonathon in the barn with the ship was so real and relatable. And that ending... I have never been so emotionally invested in something I've read before. The book is a page turner. Every time I pick it up I can’t' put it down until I've finished.

For me, if I could get a combination of story, usage of powers and characters, from: Birthright, the Brainiac arc, The Last Days of Krypton (Using the history from that story which is similar to Brainiac and a great read as well); A Jim Lee styled suit; The feeling of suspense like the Denzel movie Unstoppable; Flying scenes like that of The Owls of Ga'hoole, Iron Man, and the Honda Whoosh commercial; Acting that is worthy of the cast’s many collective accolades; Finally, fighting scenes that could rival that of STAM or JLU and the like (Of course as real as they can) would be like having a seat next to perfection! It would be (first time use) EPIC! haha Damn, I need a wet nap.

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #122
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Yes, if Snyder only uses a Nolan schtick, the non-opening credits and hard title ending is the downright best and better be on this film...

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #123
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Granted I'd love to see that scene play out on screen...

but wouldn't it be better for the last shot of the film (before the credits start rolling) to be something a little bit more....upbeat and uplifting?

I mean I'm not saying that they should NOT have that scene in. I'm just saying that they could have it placed before the last scene, where the film could end with Clark flying in the sky as Superman after having finally won the battle of being accepted in Earth as Superman.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #124
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Lone...i love the ideas in your posts except for 2 things. the Birthright intro for the movie intro is PERFECT. i've said before that it perfectly parallels the opening for the latest Star Trek film and should be just as energetic...so i would also like for the title screen to be handled the same way. i don't want the titles at the VERY beginning of the movie, but i love the way Star Trek handled it. intro scene to grab your attention, THEN the title screen.

also the ending for Birthright is so epic and tearjeaking that i love the idea of it being the ending for this film. however, i think there should be a scene or 2 with a resolution and winding down. i think Birthright did it perfectly. show him trying to talk to his parents and make it seem like it was hopeless, show what happens afterward (with Metropolis, Lois, Clark, etc. after the climactic battle) then just as you think the credits are about to role with a black screen....there's a rumbling sound and we're back the beginning with Jor-El and Lara and the ending you posted.

BUT for the most part i agree with your idea for the intro and outro and pray to all the gods that we'll see something similar.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #125
SuperDaniel
Banned User

I really dont like Lex in Birthright though. Dont care for him being from Smallville at all or having Kryptonite powers.

The only good thing from it, imo, is when he told Superman that Krypton exploded.

And no. I dont want to see the movie opening on Krypton at all. Too much like STM, imo. He should be shown about his origin later in the movie by Lex or Brainiac or whatever. I like the idea that Superman doesnt know where he comes from in the beginning.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote